FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Kellen looks pretty cool, I might know where to put him. What was/were the face source(s), or do you have frames on hand?

(though, the place I'm thinking of doesn't have another Cavalier to join with him--if someone else submits another Cavalier though, I can make a later chapter where they join together, or he could join with Blanc who's not really a Cavalier but he is a mounted knight so?)

And oh are you doing Mondo's sprite? I'll go ahead and remove that from the TODO if so. As for the chapter, hm, it sounds a lot like the previous idea of the tides, except plus rain... I might try seeing what I can do with rain, but I feel like events that hamper unit movement are mmmm :v

Edited by 47948201

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a note, I'm currently doing Blanc's Sword+Magic+Staves animations and intend to do the other two as well but it's turning out much harder than I anticipated (I may change my mind to purely skinning/splicing together instead of trying to add some things of my own, I cannot into FE-stylized horses).

Just hope you don't end up with a Nomadic Trooper as that's currently where I'm basing a lot of the frames from :V

(I'll make the animation come from more classes if you end up with a nomadic trooper even if this idea I have doesn't end up panning out and it ends up being entirely the nomadic trooper at first; I just had noticed a complete lack of nomads and decided I'd use that emptiness to launch faster.)

Edited by Eliwan

Kellen looks pretty cool, I might know where to put him. What was/were the face source(s), or do you have frames on hand?

(though, the place I'm thinking of doesn't have another Cavalier to join with him--if someone else submits another Cavalier though, I can make a later chapter where they join together, or he could join with Blanc who's not really a Cavalier but he is a mounted knight so?)

And oh are you doing Mondo's sprite? I'll go ahead and remove that from the TODO if so. As for the chapter, hm, it sounds a lot like the previous idea of the tides, except plus rain... I might try seeing what I can do with rain, but I feel like events that hamper unit movement are mmmm :v

I don't mind movement hindrance, as long as you don't have the rain happen like... Every other turn.

And yeah, I'm working on him... Don't laugh when I finish. DX

There isn't really a cutoff--I plan to leave a few spots open for each arc so that in a pinch I can fit additional characters in even if I'm working on endgame. That sort of scenario, it'd probably take something of an impressive character to convince me to add them early-mid game, but the point is, there's plenty of time and plenty of space, especially for bosses!

So, here we go:

Name: Erynn
119a3318fc.png

Class: Axe Maiden (more on that in a moment)

Joins: Mid-game

Affinity: Anima
Bio: The daughter of a legendary axe warrior, she was sent by her elders to prove her right to lead the clan by winning one thousand battles.

So, Axe Maidens should focus primarily on skill and speed to offset the drawbacks of axes. Low con, so stat boosters or something would probably be recommended. I'll have some talking/blinking frames done soon, along with class animations and stuff.

Quick question, though. How do you want animations and portraits formatted?

Black Moon- A powerful blade. +4 Strength and Defence, -4 Speed and Skill.

Red Moon- A well-rounded spear. +1 to all stats.

White Moon- A quick axe. +4 Speed and Skill, -4 Strength and Defence.

Sounds like a neat take on axe users, one the type probably needs. Portraits in GBA format are nice, though if you really wanted to you could put them in FEXP format (like if you wanted to make your own battle faces, though note that most characters won't have them)

Battle animations, if you have a gif and a sheet that'd be cool, if not I'll just take a sheet with any sort of formatting and I'll handle the timing/placement myself.

Oh hey stat modifier weapons uhhh yeah I'm keeping stuff like that in mind in case someone shows up that needs balancing yeah.

Edited by 47948201

@LKP Hey, dude, how would Wilheim hit it off with my Magic Knight Trio?

I imagine he'd be okay with Blanc (Light Magic= OK with Wilheim) but I think he'd be conflicted with Gris and Noir, as all three of them are Knights, but they all use magic.

What do you think?

@LKP Hey, dude, how would Wilheim hit it off with my Magic Knight Trio?

I imagine he'd be okay with Blanc (Light Magic= OK with Wilheim) but I think he'd be conflicted with Gris and Noir, as all three of them are Knights, but they all use magic.

What do you think?

Well I specifically stated those of cleric or bishop classes, magic knights are not in that condition. Regardless if they use light magic, he respects bishops and cleric because they heal, not because they use light magic, a Valkyrie would be more accepted than a magic knight for that reason. To him, he would see them as below human cowards that bring down humanity.

Edited by Lord Kommissar Petitt

I your point, but I have two ripostes.

1. They are all technical knights (in title, not class) which Wilheim likes.

2. Blanc gains Staves on promotion.

his face is from the FE8 beta red knight (pretty sure i gave him someone else's lower jaw, but i made him like a week and a half ago so idk for sure), who doesn't have talking frames :(

Sounds like a neat take on axe users, one the type probably needs. Portraits in GBA format are nice, though if you really wanted to you could put them in FEXP format (like if you wanted to make your own battle faces, though note that most characters won't have them)

Battle animations, if you have a gif and a sheet that'd be cool, if not I'll just take a sheet with any sort of formatting and I'll handle the timing/placement myself.

Oh hey stat modifier weapons uhhh yeah I'm keeping stuff like that in mind in case someone shows up that needs balancing yeah.

Roger that. I'll probably do some portrait stuff in FEXP format, maybe some alternate emotion stuff if you're planning on implementing it.

I your point, but I have two ripostes.

1. They are all technical knights (in title, not class) which Wilheim likes.

2. Blanc gains Staves on promotion.

Not Knights in the chivalry sense however. Instead of charging in with you brothers side by side, you hide behind your lines and fling arcane objects, which in itself should never be trusted. Even more case in point you didn't start out a healer, he started out with a combat focus. To claim to be a knight in his eyes you must be full ready and willing to lead a charge with lance, word, or an axe, and a shield while swearing fealty to a single lord. TO him you knighthood is fake tarnished by the use of magic.

On promotion perhaps, but they are still cowards who would rather fight a far and let others die, instead of charging in like Knights should.

Blanc is just as good with a sword as light Magic.

Ditto with Gris and spears, and Noir with axes, plus bows after promotion.

In terms of personality, Blanc is confident, kind(his personal skill is called Chivalrous), brave and loyal. Gris is a little iffy- he's more scientific, and I plan on having a few supports with him involving a well-meaning spell go awry, but I don't think he'll like Noir.

Maybe Wilheim can have a support with Blanc about him proving his heroic, knight-like behavior?

Blanc is just as good with a sword as light Magic.

Ditto with Gris and spears, and Noir with axes, plus bows after promotion.

In terms of personality, Blanc is confident, kind(his personal skill is called Chivalrous), brave and loyal. Gris is a little iffy- he's more scientific, and I plan on having a few supports with him involving a well-meaning spell go awry, but I don't think he'll like Noir.

Maybe Wilheim can have a support with Blanc about him proving his heroic, knight-like behavior?

If they were capable in sword and melee combat, why would they need magic unless they were power hungry or cowards? And you are looking at the romantic version of Chivalry, the real version detested the used of anything not of the physical realm mainly due to a lack of understanding of the sciences. Regardless why would a knight use magic of any form unless he lacks ability in combat and or is cowardly. It is for these reason he would avoid ever talking to you at best, or poison your drink during diner at worst.

And if you keep spelling Wilhelm, not Wilheim, I am going to consider asking for the latter.

Fun fact Chivalry is still more merciful than Bushido where if you defeated a Samurai fair and square in a fight, you must be hung and gutted as you are a cheater, if you lose you die for challenging your betters (even if they challenged you.)

Edited by Lord Kommissar Petitt

Reads Petitt's recent posts

Well then, Rye would probably not become friends with Wilheim.

I am still going to ask your opinion on it, however.

When you spellcheck Wilheim, it comes out as Wilhelm

Edited by tjoracer

Oh okay then I'll add Kellen's frame-spriting to the list, unless you're rather do it?

(for all the posting going on there's not much that I feel I should directly reply to lol but that's not a bad thing)

To be fair most of it was a debate, between two people.