FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

So, assuming I'm reading the sheet right and by it telling me Stephan will be available mid-game, I'm guess he joins on either chapter 11 or 18?

Aside from that, are there any sprites or dialogue or whatever you need help on? I can probably do a bit.

Also, will the Triangle Attack be in this? I really missed it in the newer titles and want it to return...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, assuming I'm reading the sheet right and by it telling me Stephan will be available mid-game, I'm guess he joins on either chapter 11 or 18?

Aside from that, are there any sprites or dialogue or whatever you need help on? I can probably do a bit.

Also, will the Triangle Attack be in this? I really missed it in the newer titles and want it to return...

OOH. OOH!

I want a triangle attack with the three Nomads I thought o--wait... they're archers... they can't surround the enemy...

huh.

Anyway, yeah, I miss the Triangle Attack.

OOH. OOH!

I want a triangle attack with the three Nomads I thought o--wait... they're archers... they can't surround the enemy...

huh.

We could have a Wyvern triangle attack, or a mage triangle attack

OOH. OOH!

huh.

If you made Oscar a Bow Paladin in PoR (and/or RD) along with a promoted Boyd and Rolf, you could have an Archer Triangle Attack. I think you just need three of the same weapon, or perhaps some relation between the characters (like Pegasus Sisters).

Yeah uh idk if Yeti will add a bow triangle attack but he said he will do triangle attack so I plan to have that, there might be a couple triangles?

Yeah if we can have bow triangle attacks I'd really like the Nomads to have one. It makes sense!

Blanc, Gris and Noir have a Triangle attack! They either need to be equiped a tome of each element, or a melee weapon each.

Just for clarifications' sake...

Either

Blanc (Sword)+ Gris (Spear)+Noir (Axe)

Or

Blanc (Light)+ Gris (Anima)+ Noir (Dark)

Name: Anulit

Bio: A stalwart traveling knight, not much is known about him besides the fact that he has an extreme hatred for bandits.

Class/Level: Level 5 General

Weapons/Rank: A in Lances, that's it.

Skills: Great Shield (From FE8)

Affinity: Dark

Stats (The growths are in parenthesis):

------------

HP: 41(90%)

Str: 20(60%)

Skl: 19(50%)

Spd: 12(30%)

Lck: 14(40%)

Def: 20(80%)

Res: 6(10%)

Con: 13

(Don't know if these stats/growths are unbalanced, I'm new to this, hehe.)

-----------

Inventory: Silver Lances, Javelin, Vulnerary

Portrait: FrcC477.png

Name: Anulit

Bio: A stalwart traveling knight, not much is known about him besides the fact that he has an extreme hatred for bandits.

Class/Level: Level 5 General

Weapons/Rank: A in Lances, that's it.

Skills: Great Shield (From FE8)

Affinity: Dark

Stats (The growths are in parenthesis):

------------

HP: 41(90%)

Str: 20(60%)

Skl: 19(50%)

Spd: 12(30%)

Lck: 14(40%)

Def: 20(80%)

Res: 6(10%)

Con: 13

(Don't know if these stats/growths are unbalanced, I'm new to this, hehe.)

-----------

Inventory: Silver Lances, Javelin, Vulnerary

Portrait: FrcC477.png

Anulit is awesome. I really love those colours on a Murdock. And yeah, I'm in the same boat. I don't know if what the stats I'm making are balanced.

---------------------------------

I've created 2 kinds of characters for the "High Res/Def" character. Dunno which one I like more.

--------------------------

Shiruhiro

A warrior who would focuses more on the defensive than offense. Likes all kinds of armor, dislikes fighting.

Hero

Skill:(?) Good Shield (from the doc), Riposte, Defender [+1 to all stats for all lower levelled adjacent allies, and to Shiru as well]

Affinity: Ice

Stats (Growths in parentheses)

Level 9

HP: 37 (30%)

Str: 13 (30%)

Skill: 19 (30%)

Spd: 10 (30%)

Lck: 3 (30%)

Def: 18 (90%)

Res: 18 (85%)

Con: 7

Inventory:

Silver Axe

Silver Sword

----------------------

Magnus

A knight who bears heavy armor, but not very much battle experience. Likes being there for others, hates falling behind.

Paladin

Skill:(?) Good Shield (from the doc), Riposte, Defender [+1 to all stats for all lower levelled adjacent allies, and to Magnus as well]

Level 6

HP: 35 (25%)

Str: 6 (30%)

Skill: 6 (60%)

Spd: 7 (35%)

Lck: 7 (30%)

Def: 17 (90%)

Res: 17 (85%)

Con: 12

Inventory:

Slim Sword

Silver Lance

------------------------

lol i dunno. Thoughts?

Could they be viable? Which one is better?

Edited by IfAwakened

Anulit is awesome. I really love those colours on a Murdock. And yeah, I'm in the same boat. I don't know if what the stats I'm making are balanced.

---------------------------------

I've created 2 kinds of characters for the "High Res/Def" character. Dunno which one I like more.

--------------------------

Shiruhiro

A warrior who would focuses more on the defensive than offense. Likes all kinds of armor, dislikes fighting.

Hero

Skill:(?) Good Shield (from the doc), Riposte, Defender [+1 to all stats for all lower levelled adjacent allies, and to Shiru as well]

Level 9

HP: 37 (30%)

Str: 13 (30%)

Skill: 19 (30%)

Spd: 10 (30%)

Lck: 3 (30%)

Def: 18 (90%)

Res: 18 (85%)

Con: 7

Inventory:

Silver Axe

Silver Sword

----------------------

Magnus

A knight who bears heavy armor, but not very much battle experience. Likes being there for others, hates falling behind.

Paladin

Skill:(?) Good Shield (from the doc), Riposte, Defender [+1 to all stats for all lower levelled adjacent allies, and to Magnus as well]

Level 6

HP: 35 (25%)

Str: 6 (30%)

Skill: 6 (60%)

Spd: 7 (35%)

Lck: 7 (30%)

Def: 17 (90%)

Res: 17 (85%)

Con: 12

Inventory:

Slim Sword

Silver Lance

------------------------

lol i dunno. Thoughts?

Could they be viable? Which one is better?

It's actually Murdock with Oswin's armor. I updated him in my avatar. But eh. And thank a lot. Both are interesting concepts, would be good shields perhaps. Plus with being a pally, it's viable as a rescue unit. Magnus is definitely more viable, 30s across the board percentage wise would be unusable.

30s across the board percentage wise would be unusable.

Incorrect. Not sure if you saw my earlier post, but 30% growths are almost dead average--this isn't Awakening. Depending on how the bases mesh with recruitment, I might even lower them. I am thinking of going with Magnus anyway, his stats are more unbalanced and we have a lot of Heroes already.

Also Anulit sounds cool, I like the idea of balancing a monotype General with a good personal AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GLAD I AM TO SEE A PORTRAIT, FORMATTED AT THAT. INSTANT APPROVAL.

Depending on how the bases mesh with recruitment, I might even lower them. I am thinking of going with Magnus anyway, his stats are more unbalanced and we have a lot of Heroes already.

Yeah, the first thing that came to mind when I thought of "High Res and Def, but sucky everything else" was a Jeigan (Or at least Paladin) esque character. But yeah. Also I really like Magnus as a name to even begin with. It makes me think of a really sturdy, dependable dude, which is why I named him that.

I actually like the idea of his niche. He's essentially a Rescue Bot, but if you give him a skill that supports others or helps him on Enemy phase, he could be much more than that, effectively a Support unit, which I don't think come in purely as a Supporter. The closest you could get would be a staff user, to heal your health and status, and increase your Res.

Edited by IfAwakened

Yeah I like the idea of him having that Defender skill or something so that he's more supportive than just being a straight mobile tank.

I think you could really play around with his usage and supports to be honest. Fun fact; I put a Slim Sword there because... well he supposed to not be that good at fighting, but I gave him the traditional Paladin Silver Lance, just for funsies.

But when you think about his bases, even adding 14 mt (from the Silver Lance) is quite a lot. Then again, enemies would have lots of defense, so I guess it still works out with him sucking. Basically the Slim Sword (6 + 3) is sorta useless, but eh. That's what playing around is for.

Chapter Titles

Mysterious Emblem

Dragon of Darkness

Dawning Radiance

Radiant Path

Awaken

Holy War

Sealed Sword

Burning Blade

Sacred Stone

Our Intertwined Fates

Showmanship: +10 to Avoid and Crit, -1 damage dealt

Overreacter: +3 to damage dealt and taken

So, I'm not sure if it's possible, but I had a couple map ideas, but more just ideas in general;

Switch/Lever Tiles and Castle Defense map.

Imagine a map where you start from in the inside, protecting against the invading enemies. Inside the castle are a lot of incompetent soldiers, and maybe some knights too, i dunno. The gimmick for this map are the levers, or switches, that any unit can activate, friend or foe. These switches would open and close doors/reveal walls, which ever. It'd add a whole new level of strategy. I imagine there being a soldier who flips a switch to close a door that leads to (or maybe just a shortcut) whoever/whatever you're trying to protect, but there is a breakable wall on the outside, and there are a couple reinforcements who appear to break it down, and attack the soldier, and flip the switch. I don't know if you should be able to reach that switch without going way out of your way or not, but maybe.

I see a lot of cavaliers, fighters, mercenaries and mages as enemies here. Thoughts? I doubt it's possible, but hey. They were a thing before, even if they did hide what was in the rooms.

Cave with Baels

I dunno, I guess this would be either FoW or no FoW. FE needs more cave chapters. I think this is where you would find a lot of Baels/Elder Bael with Webbings equipped, and maybe there would be some web tiles, that are impassible for all units except Baels/Elders and maybe Thieves and Flying Units are unaffected too. Makes sense. Eh, I like it. Or maybe all units can pass, but all units except the ones I mentioned get DEBUFFED avo and Def. Probably a negative forest; -1 def and -20 avo.

Edited by IfAwakened

Those skills are pretty basic-but-workable, I think. In a couple days I'll finally be able to update the sheet lol and then maybe I'll go through and list out the ones I want more use out of.

Double thumbs up on the chapter ideas! I don't think I could get the enemy AI such that they can handle the switches, but I like the idea of a defense chapter where you can do that, which for the player side sounds totally doable.

Those skills are pretty basic-but-workable, I think. In a couple days I'll finally be able to update the sheet lol and then maybe I'll go through and list out the ones I want more use out of.

Double thumbs up on the chapter ideas! I don't think I could get the enemy AI such that they can handle the switches, but I like the idea of a defense chapter where you can do that, which for the player side sounds totally doable.

Mm. Might be interesting and fun to make it so you NEED to flip the switches, but at least 1-2 doors will always be open so it's not TOO easy. Don't get careless or you could lock someone alone and have them die. :ph34r:

I think the boss should probably be how you beat chapter, and he moves after a set amount of turns. I see him as an Assassin. That's sorta why you're being invaded, right? :P

As a twist on your door-switch idea, IfAwakened, how about there are two sets of doors. One set is colored red, the other, blue. If you flip a switch one way, all red doors will be open while all blues will be closed. Switching the... switch will change it to blues open, reds closed.

Yeah I love that idea. Also it won't make it so trial and error to guess which doors open. Now people can be like;

"If I use the switch here, that guy will be able to come up and kill X, so I need to flip that switch first and kill him"