FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Ah. Yeah, Triple Threat should definitely be a bow, then! It makes sense!

How about for your next demo, we do a sort of Infinite Regalia-esque level full of treasure chests with unique weapons (mostly mine and IfAwakened's)?

Edited by Corrobin

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then just put in my ideas from the first 5-10 pages!

Mage Slayer: Deal effective damage to spellcasters

Quadruple Threat: Dragons, Armors, Beasts and Mages!

Nullify: Staff, make the targeted unit immune to statuses for a turn.

Switch: Staff, switch the user and any unit, friend or foe, within Magic/2.

Cure: Heal an ally for (Magic/2)+20 within Magic/2 range.

Restoration: Heal for M/2+15 and cure statuses.

How about implementing the Ballistician class more meant as a good finisher with decreased danger to themselves, a good supporting unit. Low movement of course. Is that possible?

Elthoron: Ultimate lightning tome.

Eihtblaze: Ultimate fire tome.

Eihtsetti: Ultimate wind tome.

Falcion: Not a divine sword, but pretty good in it's own right!

Armands: Not a thunderous hammer, but certainly brings the pain!

Ryutsurigi: Swordmasters only, Auto-Vantage, increases Astra activation chance.

Acrobatic: Unit ignores terrain movement penalties and gains a static +20 to Avoid.

Sealing Slash: Skill% to Silence an enemy.

Nerve Slice: Skill% to Paralyze an enemy.

Self-Defence: Unit can counter with staves, RD style.

Four paths, three bosses each. Defeat all bosses.

The DEADLORDS.

That gives me an idea...

3 paths, two bosss each. Each path has a magic type boss and a physical weapon boss (except bow).

Axe-user + Light, Lance-user + Anima, Sword + Dark

or mix and match I dunno (or the condensed version of just 1 boss per room)

I think through each path, there would be enemies that directly counter who you would normally take to kill the boss.

Weapon masters and paladins would probably be key here.

Quiz level:

Question one:

Do you prefer magic or weaponry. If magic, open the red door. If weapons, open blue.

The red door has mages, the blue door, physical attackers.

Physical second question.

Finesse or power? Finesse is red, power blue.

Red door: Assassins and Swordmasters, blue: Berserkers and Generals.

Magic second question: Do you harm or heal? Harm red, heal blue.

Red: Shamans and Sages with powerful S-rank tomes. Blue: Bishops and Valkyries with status staves and the occasional Light tome.

Yeah I haven't put a ton of thought into staves yet, they're not 100% all coded so I'm waiting on seeing what I can do before I plan out what all I'll include.

Ballistician as a finisher rather than a primer? Hmmm, interesting... I could easily make one of each differentiated by skills, but I'm not sure what else a finisher ballistician wants to be more useful than a finisher pegasus knight...

Hmmm, the multiple-paths-to-multiple-bosses idea is interesting, but specifically the end states...

hmmmmmm

yeah I think I can work with that alrighty

The quiz chapter also sounds really cool, it sadly needs the dialogue prompts now infamous within fexna beta but maybe if it takes too long for those to be implemented i'll just add that as a bonus postgame chapter |D
(no more word on postgame than that though, can't promise anything anyway)

Viable Heal:

For first five uses (out of 15), M/2+5

Next 5 uses are M/2+15

Final 5 uses are M+15

Also, like the new avatar I got myself?

Map:

20 chests to open, all unguarded. But the boss gains +1 to every non-HP stat for every chest you open.

Teleported maze!

Trapped treasure chests!

Map:

20 chests to open, all unguarded. But the boss gains +1 to every non-HP stat for every chest you open.

Teleported maze!

Trapped treasure chests!

I think you should stop triple posting lol. just edit your first post.

Yeah believe it or not there's not really a reason to double post, it doesn't need bumping because i'll see it eventually even if it seems like i didn't sometimes i just don't have much to say on a certain thing so i don't want to make a whole post to it.

The chest ideas are cool, maybe i'll put them in a map with lots of teleport switches? Unfortunately teleport maps are not natural for the UI but i can probably do something

Think you can tell me what you don't end up using, see if I can find a way to plug them into my game? Course, if that's alright with every else as well. :)

Power Master makin' a game! :O

Go PM!

Jeigan Heal: M/3+25

Est Heal: M+5

Bloodedge: HP leech effect, lose 5 HP every turn.

Gram-Zamber: C Spears or Swords

Poleaxe: C Spears or Axes

Barbatos: Dark Tome, adds half of current user's HP to damage.

Beleth: Dark Tome, deals more damage the higher the enemy's Resistance.

Sallos: Dark Tome, Uses Wielders Resistance-Enemy Magic.

Edited by Corrobin

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Ryonne

Portrait:

ryonne_zps31w98yws.png Recolored hair of one of NICKT's mugs by the name of War.[/img]

Jointime: Early Midgame

Bio: A former soldier of the "badguys". In his youth he looked forward to joining. It was his dream. The army were heroes, perfection in an organization. They would save them all. He trained in order to be accepted wholeheartedly, as well as become perhaps a figure of some notoriety. He excelled in swordplay. It was not long after he joined that his dreams died. He was exposed to raping and pillaging of a small village on the warpath. It was meant to appease the men but all it did was make Ryonne sick. These people had done nothing wrong, not even resisted their march. He did not only desert at that moment. He killed several soldiers who were being particularly despicable. He might have killed them all had it not been a stupid idea. After all, he needed to live to kill more bastards later. Ryonne was able to escape with his life. Upon encountering Viridem and Swanson, all of which had similar bounties and similar skills, they formed Cerberos together. A small mercenary group they work for themselves now. Ryonne in particular intends to get stronger to the point that he might be able to exact justice on his own.

Affinity: Light

Class: Duelist (Myrm animation) - Trueblade (FEditor thread has animation. If not possible, use Swordmaster animation)

Stats: High Strength Low Skill Variation on Traditional Myrm. Beyond that uses normal Myrm values, high speed, low def, low res, etc. I'm not good with creating bases/growths so I'll leave that to you.

Death Quote: Pah. Should have been stronger.

Level Up Quotes:

0-1: ... A failure.

2-3: Slowly I will make it to greatness.

4-5: My enemies' weaknesses have become my strength.

6-7: For Cerberos.

R Button: A former soldier of "badguys" and member of Cerberos. Curt and quiet, and focused on getting stronger.

Personal Skill: Effort: When attacking an opponent with the exact same HP randomly activate Sol, Luna, Astra, or Vengeance. If that's not possible or bad then When attacking an enemy of equal or higher level attack +3.

Skill Tree:

Duelist Lv1 Duelist's Blow (When user attacks Avo +30). Lv10 Intuition (Crit Evade +10). Trueblade Lv5 Bloody Blade (Every Unit Killed +2 Crit to a max of +20). Lv15 Line of Death (+5 to damage received and given).

If any of that is OP I can change it.

Name: Viridem

Portrait:

viridem_zpsistd6wzk.png Recolored skin of one of NICKT's mugs known as Miranda. I don't know how to shade at all so it looks bad. If anyone could fix it up I'd love you forever.

Bio: A poor girl from the city. She hated being poor. Always did always would. What she hated most though, was just how resigned everyone around her seemed to this fate. One didn't have to always be poor. There was a way out. Why no one else could see that stumped her. She quickly became very harsh and bitter towards people. They didn't understand her, and she didn't understand them. Why try? Who she did appreciate though, were animals. She bonded with them easily. They were innocent. They lived life to their fullest. Viridem so focused on trying to get out of the slums with her animal friends. Martial skill seemed easiest way to do so. It required little money with a lot of effort. That was what she had available. She figured that she could make a fortune if she was good enough with a lance, so she worked on it. One day, before she considered herself ready to go off and begin making her lance fortune, she spent some time near the stables of the pegasus knights. Viridem witnessed a knight hit her pegasus and it set her off. No animal deserved to be hurt, no matter the case. Viridem gave the knight a solid uppercut, then swung onto the pegasus, grabbing a nearby spear as she did. Of course, stealing a pegasus knight's pegasus was kind of a major crime. They were not going to let her go without a fight. Evading arrows and javelins as she flew out of the city, then weeks on the run evading the pursuing pegasus knights. Eventually she encountered Swanson and Ryonne, who had similar bounties on their heads and similar skills. So they formed Cerberos, to work for themselves. Viridem focuses on gaining notoriety and money to prove that she can have a better life for herself. But her real priority is on animals, particularly her pegasus Eclair.

Affinity: Wind

Class: Pegasus Thief (Pegasus Knight animations) - Falcon Knight (Falcoknight Animations)

Stats: Higher strength and HP than normal (to average levels, not high by any means), pretty low def and luck. Retains normal pegasus knight averages in speed, skill and res.

Death Quote: Spare... Eclair...

Level Up Quotes:

0-1: Might as well have just stayed home.

2-3: We'll get them next time Eclair.

4-5: Fame and wealth are in my grasp.

R Button: A girl from the slums and member of Cerberos. Bitter and harsh, she stole her pegasus from an abusive knight.

Personal Skill: Twisted Morality: +5 damage to non mounted/beast units. -3 damage to mounted/beast units.

Skill Tree:

Pegasus Thief Lv1 Bird's Eye View (+25 hit when attacking enemy 5 or more spaces away. As in if 5 spaces away from starting point.). Lv10 Relief (restores 20% HP when at least 4 spaces away from units). Falcon Knight Lv5 Gliding Blow (Speed/2% to gain full movement after attacking) Lv15 Fly Away (when hit below 10% HP but not killed, auto move out of range of the assailant). These might be complicated to code, if they're not possible then just normal pegasus knight skills are fine.

Name: Swanson

Portrait:

swanson_zpsyqbnsof0.png One of NICKT's mugs, by the name of Irvine.

Join Time: Early Midgame

Bio: A nobleborn young man. He was taught and bred to lead. He was always excitable and eager to learn how to rule, thinking about how much good he could do. He loved his people, and wanted to truly be good for them. His ideals flourished in his environment, never once crushed by the reality of politics. He also gained an interest in axes. He found them to be very very cool. Just their shape, their craftsmanship, they're so different from swords or lances. He became an axe connoisseur of sorts. He collected all sorts of axes. Of course, he did not just collect them. He became very good at slamming them into people in a suit of armor. So Swanson had been enjoying life so far. He had a large axe collection, he was still set to inherit his father's title and become a benevolent leader for the people. But it changed when his father invited him to a secret meeting. The corruption was astounding, the whole room reeking of evil. Swanson played along, but he knew that something had to change. Swanson continued to exist, knowing that his father would die one day, and then he could remake things the way he wanted them. But a time came when he found out a plot for his father to make a terrible terrible, evil decision. To this day he won't say what it was. But it was despicable enough for him to make a decision. He killed his father to preemptively stop the choice he would make. He was nearly in charge when his father's former associates realized that Swanson would not play their game. They drove him out of town, claiming corruption, corruption that they themselves were the perpetrators of. Swanson met up with Ryonne and Viridem, two people with similar bounties and similar ideas and similar skills. They formed Cerberos, a mercenary group that would work for their wants and their own wants alone. Swanson works to gain power so that he might seize his throne back, by force if necessary. He also continues to work on growing his axe collection to this day, collecting them from all corners of the world and of all makes.

Affinity: Fire

Class: Outcast (Hector lord animations) - Brave Noble (Hector great lord animations)

Stats: Hector basically. High strength, defense and HP, average skill and speed, terrible resistance and luck.

Death Quote: I only hope that... My people will be okay.

Level Up Quotes:

0-1: At least I still have my axes.

2-3: Ha! Exactly what I needed.

4-5: My people, I am coming!

6-7: For Cerberos!

R Button: An outcast noble and member of Cerberos. Eager and optimistic, he works towards reclaiming his home and his people.

Personal Skill: Axe Connoisseur: When holding four or more axes in inventory, +25 hit. When fighting an opponent with a droppable axe, +5 damage.

Skill Tree:

Outcast Lv1: On The Run (doubles forest bonuses). Lv10 Touch of Nobility (+15 Hit/Avo to adjacent allies). Brave Noble Lv5: Never Surrender (+5 str/def when surrounded by units). Lv15: Facing Sunrise (on killing an opponent, auto-Sol).

ALRIGHT That's what I have right now. I have chapter info and recruitment stuff too but not right now.

(this isn't dead i've just uh summer is a thing)

Sure they all sound good, nice and detailed and have some interesting ideas :D

(Yeah Viridem's skin can use some touching up but I can handle that no problem)

Mooost of the skills sound not too bad to code, the stuff about extra movement or automatic movement sounds too troublesome but otherwise yeah, except, each class only gives one skill. Based on apparent ease of coding I'd say

(You choose between duelist's blow and intuition for duelist, i might say intuition because myrmidons get duelist's blow, but the class is called duelist so lol your call), line of death

flight+locktouch...? or is that not what you mean by pegasus thief lol, bird's eye view (or flight+bird's eye view, relief? relief is a little weak for a t2 skill, it's that or the falcoknight skills, either buff resistance of nearby units or deal extra damage when moving 8+ spaces)

(you choose between on the run and touch of nobility, if the latter i'll probably nerf it a bit but yeah), facing sunrise (never surrender doesn't sound terrible to code, but facing sunrise sounds really cool. It'd probably either restore half hp or be player-phase only, idk which)

(this isn't dead i've just uh summer is a thing)

Sure they all sound good, nice and detailed and have some interesting ideas :D

(Yeah Viridem's skin can use some touching up but I can handle that no problem)

Mooost of the skills sound not too bad to code, the stuff about extra movement or automatic movement sounds too troublesome but otherwise yeah, except, each class only gives one skill. Based on apparent ease of coding I'd say

(You choose between duelist's blow and intuition for duelist, i might say intuition because myrmidons get duelist's blow, but the class is called duelist so lol your call), line of death

flight+locktouch...? or is that not what you mean by pegasus thief lol, bird's eye view (or flight+bird's eye view, relief? relief is a little weak for a t2 skill, it's that or the falcoknight skills, either buff resistance of nearby units or deal extra damage when moving 8+ spaces)

(you choose between on the run and touch of nobility, if the latter i'll probably nerf it a bit but yeah), facing sunrise (never surrender doesn't sound terrible to code, but facing sunrise sounds really cool. It'd probably either restore half hp or be player-phase only, idk which)

Ohhhhh alright then that's fine.

I hadn't intended for Viridem to actually be a flying thief but that actually sounds pretty neat. So flight + locktouch, and then the inertia falcoknight skill? Is that good? Do I get another t1 skill besides locktouch? If so then bird's eye view for sure. Otherwise I like the skillset.

For Ryonne... I don't know I like Duelist's Blow a lot. I think I'd go with Duelist's Blow and then Line of Death.

Swanson can have Touch of Nobility with +10 Hit/Avo instead +15. And definitely Facing Sunrise, but you're right Player Phase activation. I realized later how OP it would be if on enemy phase he just killed constantly and kept restoring hp lol

Alright now for Chapter & Recruitment Info

The chapter should be one that is more of a large scale battle type opposed to smaller scale infiltrations or defend maps and stuff like that. Before the prep screen but after all of the other story dialogue the three Cerberos members appear.

Ryonne: I don't like working with these guys.

Viridem: Yeah, but we can't afford to not take the job.

Swanson: Come friends, let's look at the bright side! It is high paying!

Viridem: But we're also facing those guys. They've been winning every other battle they're in. Not good news.

Ryonne: ... So they're strong.

Viridem: From what I've heard. If you spent more time paying attention and less time wallowing in sorrow maybe you would have heard it too.

Ryonne: I don't wallow.

Swanson: Regardless, you're too serious! And what does it matter if they're strong? We simply must win, and so we shall!

Ryonne: If they're strong, then I'm joining them. But they must be stronger than I am.

Swanson: You have no loyalty to our clients?

Viridem: And you do Swanson? Let's face it, if they have a cool axe you'd flip sides in a heart beat.

Swanson: Well if they had a cute animal you'd do the same Viridem.

Ryonne: Enough! Whatever happens, if one of us switches we tell the others. Deal?

Swanson: Deal.

Viridem: Deal.

The three units separate to move to three different areas of the map.

So I just like the idea of more complex recruitment conditions.

To Recruit Ryonne: Talk to him with someone of higher level or with Swanson/Viridem after they're recruited. He doesn't attack an allied unit that can recruit him, but he doesn't recruit himself either.

To Recruit Viridem: Talk to him with a mounted or beast unit or with Swanson/Ryonne after they're recruited. Same, she won't attack a recruiter but won't recruit herself.

To Recruit Swanson: Talk to him with someone with an unequipped axe in their inventory. After the conversation he takes the axe and it becomes Prf for him. If there are multiple axes to take, he takes the one with the highest amount of uses. Won't attack a recruiter, but won't recruit himself.

Recruitment Convos:

Ryonne: You're strong.

PC: I am.

Ryonne: Are there others like you among your group?

PC: I think?

Ryonne: Then you have my blade.

Viridem: No aren't you a little cutie pie!

PC: Uh, thanks?

Viridem: Not you numbnuts. Your animal. Most adorable little thing! Do you have other animals with you?

PC: I guess.

Viridem: Do you treat them well?

PC: Yeah. They're our allies, just as much as the people.

Viridem: Good. You have my lance.

Swanson: I see you have an axe.

PC: Yeah, uh, I do.

Swanson: Can I see it?

PC: Sure?

Swanson: Beautiful... The make... The edge... Do you have many more?

PC: Back at camp, yeah.

Swanson: Consider me swayed to your side!

Recruiting each other:

Already Recruited One: We're ditching this crowd.

Non Recruited One: Alright then.

After the chapter if all three were recruited.

Swanson: So we have new employers now!

Viridem: How much money do they have?

Swanson: ...

Ryonne: ...

Viridem: ...

Ryonne: They're strong?

Viridem: They have animals?

Swanson: And they have axes too.

Viridem: We're pretty shit at being "fight for gold" mercenaries huh?

Name: Viridem

Portrait:

viridem_zpsistd6wzk.png Recolored skin of one of NICKT's mugs known as Miranda. I don't know how to shade at all so it looks bad. If anyone could fix it up I'd love you forever.

Bio: A poor girl from the city. She hated being poor. Always did always would. What she hated most though, was just how resigned everyone around her seemed to this fate. One didn't have to always be poor. There was a way out. Why no one else could see that stumped her. She quickly became very harsh and bitter towards people. They didn't understand her, and she didn't understand them. Why try? Who she did appreciate though, were animals. She bonded with them easily. They were innocent. They lived life to their fullest. Viridem so focused on trying to get out of the slums with her animal friends. Martial skill seemed easiest way to do so. It required little money with a lot of effort. That was what she had available. She figured that she could make a fortune if she was good enough with a lance, so she worked on it. One day, before she considered herself ready to go off and begin making her lance fortune, she spent some time near the stables of the pegasus knights. Viridem witnessed a knight hit her pegasus and it set her off. No animal deserved to be hurt, no matter the case. Viridem gave the knight a solid uppercut, then swung onto the pegasus, grabbing a nearby spear as she did. Of course, stealing a pegasus knight's pegasus was kind of a major crime. They were not going to let her go without a fight. Evading arrows and javelins as she flew out of the city, then weeks on the run evading the pursuing pegasus knights. Eventually she encountered Swanson and Ryonne, who had similar bounties on their heads and similar skills. So they formed Cerberos, to work for themselves. Viridem focuses on gaining notoriety and money to prove that she can have a better life for herself. But her real priority is on animals, particularly her pegasus Eclair.

Affinity: Wind

Class: Pegasus Thief (Pegasus Knight animations) - Falcon Knight (Falcoknight Animations)

Stats: Higher strength and HP than normal (to average levels, not high by any means), pretty low def and luck. Retains normal pegasus knight averages in speed, skill and res.

Death Quote: Spare... Eclair...

Level Up Quotes:

0-1: Might as well have just stayed home.

2-3: We'll get them next time Eclair.

4-5: Fame and wealth are in my grasp.

R Button: A girl from the slums and member of Cerberos. Bitter and harsh, she stole her pegasus from an abusive knight.

Personal Skill: Twisted Morality: +5 damage to non mounted/beast units. -3 damage to mounted/beast units.

Skill Tree:

Pegasus Thief Lv1 Bird's Eye View (+25 hit when attacking enemy 5 or more spaces away. As in if 5 spaces away from starting point.). Lv10 Relief (restores 20% HP when at least 4 spaces away from units). Falcon Knight Lv5 Gliding Blow (Speed/2% to gain full movement after attacking) Lv15 Fly Away (when hit below 10% HP but not killed, auto move out of range of the assailant). These might be complicated to code, if they're not possible then just normal pegasus knight skills are fine.

3Gydt8n.png

Oh well, I tried. It's pretty hard to see them unless you zoom in, but the biggest (haha barely) changes are the extra shading to the forehead and around the neck.

Edited by IfAwakened