FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Rule of Shields: Upon engaging combat with the unit with this skill, the combatants Defence and Resistance are switched.

Rule of Body: Switch Attack and Defence

Rule of Mind: Switch Magic and Resistance

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule of Shields: Upon engaging combat with the unit with this skill, the combatants Defence and Resistance are switched.

Rule of Body: Switch Attack and Defence

Rule of Mind: Switch Magic and Resistance

This is actually an interesting gimmick. Reminds me of Shuckle and that one move, power trick or something? I forgot lmao. I could see these skills actually being a map gimmick instead, where the all roles are sorta reversed.

I have a few more "Rule of [X]" skills.

Rule of Vengeance: You deal damage to yourself and the enemy all at once, and the enemy deals damage to you and themselves all at once, but you cannot kill yourself with your own attack and vice-versa.

Rule of Precision: Everyone, friend and foe alike has a 100% Hit Rate

Rule of Savagery: Everyone has a 100% Crit Rate

Berserk Rule: Add Defence to Attack and have Defence be zero for everyone

Balanced Rule: Everyone's non-HP stats are reduced to the number of their lowest stat.

Fliers generally just get the Flight skill because it's a great skill but this seems like a reasonable exception, with locktouch. IIRC skill icons are smaller though so maybe I can fit in bird's eye view as a second personal? Maybe not, not sure.

and mk sure lol

I like the recruitment conditions, though since there are 3 possibilities I think it's reasonable to not highlight them ingame lol. I think this should be able to work yeah sure

As for colors, here are a couple alternative sets, though mixing and matching from them might not be a bad idea, the shading is definitely weird... Also the face shape looks different, I may have an outdated version of the Nickt collection, I dunno

50b3257fd09941488d867fc6b5152ab3.png453f2010c60ad3f5e02773b594cb18f7.pnge0d357d26405cbefb39020fa3cef6aa3.png

As for the rule of skills, I wonder if I could make it so that a unit has a skill that lets you choose one (or rotate between them) and they act as rallies? I might try that, it sounds interesting.

The rally idea could work for Shields, Body and Mind, but I think that Vengeance, Precision, Savagery, Berserk and Balanced should be map ideas.

Rule of Blades: Switch Attack and Magic

Rule of Hatred: HP lost is added to Attack/Magic

Rule of Love: All healing staves restore HP to full

Rule of Envy: All items are taken on death

Rule of Greed: Money/1000 is added to all stats

Rule of Pride: All stats temporarily raised to caps

Rule of Sloth: Even rounds you cannot attack and the enemy cannot move, odd rounds you cannot move and the enemy cannot attack

Rule of Gluttony: Everyone's attacks have a Nosfuratu effect

Rule of Wrath:???

Rule of Lust:???

Rule of Wrath:???

Rule of Lust:???

Wrath: Vantage+

Lust: Always hit and have +30 Crit if enemy is opposite gender?

Edited by IfAwakened

Map idea: The Seven Deadly Rooms: Each room has my "Sin Rules": Rule of Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Envy, Greed and Gluttony, not necessarily in that order.

You mean the Seven Deadly Sins mini-boss squad I can up with? Just put the Rules in the room they represent (Leon gets Wrath, Layla gets Lust, etc)

What about the rest? Vengeance, Precision, Savagery, Berserk, Balanced, Love and Hatred?

Will the Status Staves be coming back? The Berserker Staff, Sleep Staff, Poison Staff (if that one's a thing, idr).

Transformation Staff: Temporarily turns one of your units into a monster/different class (enemy only). Or you could make it usable by the player too so they can have fun with the enemies :) Range: 1-2, Rank: S (or A if it doesn't go to S)

Light Staff: Deals minor Light Magic damage. Range: 1-2, Rank: D

Multi-Staff: Heals damage to all units adjacent to the character using it. Range: 1 Rank: C

Hypno Staff: Use on an enemy to have them fight for you for the current round. (Enemies will probably end up attacking their own unit, but whatever. Just make sure you don't accidentally kill your own unit!) Range: 1, Rank: A

EDIT: Added ranks.

Edited by Power Master

sleep/silence/berserk yes

transformation woo that sounds like a doozy to code nah

light and multi hopefully will exist already

hypno staff sounds like berserk? if it's actual mind control then uhhhh hm that could be fun but i'd need to do something to make it not op idk i'll think about it

bosses/npcs sure totally, honestly a good enough mug will probably get me to add a pc even if the game is a day from release lol

Azure Flame: Fire tome with +5 Crit and +1 Weight

Hush Staff: Silence with Fortify range

Reinforce: Heal M/3 HP for all allies in M/2 range.

Awesome, you can use these if you want though they don't have much in the way of backstories.

1_D.png

I pictured this one as a mage when I was making it, though idk, I could see him as an archer as well. Probably timid or just plain quiet. Also I say he's a guy but I could see the same portrait as a girl.

2_D.png

This guy is probably a Hero or a high level Merc.

3_D.png

Knight or Cavalier. Probably snarky.

4_D.png

This one was a bandit when I was picturing her, which is why her coat is tattered (or at least is supposed to be). Probably Myrm, or a fast class with lancers.

sleep/silence/berserk yes

transformation woo that sounds like a doozy to code nah

light and multi hopefully will exist already

hypno staff sounds like berserk? if it's actual mind control then uhhhh hm that could be fun but i'd need to do something to make it not op idk i'll think about it

Yeah, but if you can get Transformation to work, it'd be a lot of fun to use! :)

Difference between Hypno and Berserk is, for Berserk, the character turns into an NPC. For Hypno, the player can control the Hypnotized enemy. Otherwise it'd work like the Berzerk Staff, so... Yeah, maybe just give the players Berserk Staffs, haha, idk

I hope Vanaheimr and Valhalla are still in!

Love those sprite(s/edits) by the by. First one ["mage"] is my favourite, because... my personal mage bias!

Hurray Misc. (mini) bosses!

Rouille
A spellcasting scoundrel. Also known as "The Ghost Mage".

Mage

Skills: Chilling Wind, Ethereal

HP: 19
Mag: 15

Skill: 5

Spd: 12
Luck: 1

Def: 14

Res: 19
Inventory: Elfire, Red gem

---------

Lancia

A chilling sorceror. Nicknamed "The Winter Witch/Wizard"

Sage

Skills: Immobolize

HP: 37

Mag: 18

Skill: 13

Spd: 10

Luck: 0

Def: 19

Res: 16

Inventory: Fimbulvetr, Entrap/Silence

---------

Notte
Knows sheer force above anything else. Dangerous and cruel.

Assassin
Skills: Frenzy

HP: 31/27

Str: 15/11
Skill: 7/10

Spd: 16/19

Luck: 0

Def: 10/11

Res: 9/12

Inventory: Brave Sword/Dancing Edge

---------------------------

Map concepts:

Plateau map

Partially takes place on a cliff, partially on bridge(s). Infantry, some flyer enemies.

FoW catacombs

Mainly skeletons and Revenant, occasional other monsters.

Forlorn temple?

Not many enemies, but they are very strong. (Maybe defeat all bosses?)

--------------------------------

Edited by IfAwakened

To Recruit Ryonne: Talk to him with someone of higher level.

Total level like 20 + 10 or something or just the level their at in their current state of promotion?

Cause if it's the former some people could get screwed over.

Awesome mugs :D

Sure Noir it is, though...

Yeah but that sort of Hypno is also...well actually it might not be the hardest thing ever, but hm... I dunno, I have my doubts, but we'll see

Nomaddy people still in indeed

Rouille puts me in an interesting spot, to use the same mug for both a PC and a boss? ...could work xP idk maybe doop

code that already exists in fexna assumes people promote at max level but doesn't add any other bonuses, so a trainee dude at level 1 is just at level 1, a myrmidon at level 1 is internally 11, a swordmaster at level 1 is internally 31, and a max level swordmaster is internally level 50.

Rouille puts me in an interesting spot, to use the same mug for both a PC and a boss? ...could work xP idk maybe doop

Sweet.

For some reason, Rouille strikes me to use a Pupil map sprite but normal Mage battle sprite. I dunno. What do you think? And I think (s)he [i haven't decided, up to you?] could feasibly work with the same mug, but MAYBE slightly altered. Like maybe there's a boss version and a playable version? [even for just a chapter, which would be neat.] that might be interesting.

Awesome mugs :D

Sure Noir it is, though...

Yeah but that sort of Hypno is also...well actually it might not be the hardest thing ever, but hm... I dunno, I have my doubts, but we'll see

code that already exists in fexna assumes people promote at max level but doesn't add any other bonuses, so a trainee dude at level 1 is just at level 1, a myrmidon at level 1 is internally 11, a swordmaster at level 1 is internally 31, and a max level swordmaster is internally level 50.

Ah, Ok.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Iai Form: Gains +20 Avoid on Enemy Phase

Focus Form: +20 Hit on enemy phase

Powered Form: +20 Critical on EP

If possible could you please add my personal skill (Skorn) to the spreadsheet?

It's in this thread but if you require I'll just quickly repost it:

Insane Boundary: Crit +10 per kill for that round, throwing in +2 strength per kill for good measure. Cap it out at your discretion, based on balancing (max stat buff per round)

Edit: Also just making sure, I get the standard Thief Class Skill of lockpick, but not Lethality (Assassin). Instead I get a Blood Hound personal skill called Redemption: (+Str and +Mag to Crit number, Skill/2 % activation)

E.G My forecast Crit is 10%, my character has 15 Str and 15 Mag. Redemption activates, and my character now has 40% Crit.

Edited by EdwardSunnyDisposition