FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Hm I don't really know what I'll do for Rouille right now, I guess I'll see where they fit in relative to Noir.

Also, I added those skills. A note about Redemption though, there's no magic in the game, so I dunno if you want the skill to do something else to make it stronger or if it's okay if the class skill isn't very good and I'll just make its stats better.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skills:

Roulette: Randomly boost one stat a turn. Stat reverts at the end of turn. (Activates at the start of every turn)

Strong Attack: Deal double the damage, but reduce hit by half. (Perhaps Stephan's secondary skill?)

Great Attack: Deal all the damage you would in one blow. (For example, any x2 hits would become one. 20 x2 becomes 40, etc. Using brave weapons with this would be fun!)

Fetal Position/Play Dead (ether one): This unit will not attack this turn, but enemy units will ignore this player unit.

Weapons:

Mega Flare: S Ranked Anima, deals (User Magic + Enemy Resistance/2) damage

Twin Sword: Can only be used on even-numbered turns, but very powerful

Quick Blade: Uses Speed in place of Strength

Finesse Blade: Uses Skill in place of Strength

I thought that a weapon that got STRONGER the more defence (well, Resistance) would be kind of unique and powerful.

Mega Flare: S Ranked Anima, deals (User Magic + Enemy Resistance/2) damage

I thought that a weapon that got STRONGER the more defence (well, Resistance) would be kind of unique and powerful.

We could express Luna as "deals user's magic + enemy's resistance", however, as its property is that it ignores resistance.

Unless you mean to add that this tome also actually ignores the target's resistance, then it is simply a half-Luna.

otoh, if it was any stat other than the target's resistance-- say, their actual defense stat, strength, speed, or luck (or any of the user's stats), this would be quite interesting from a tactical point of view.

Twin Sword: Can only be used on even-numbered turns, but very powerful

this is actually interesting

Quick Blade: Uses Speed in place of Strength

Finesse Blade: Uses Skill in place of Strength

aka: why use anybody besides a myrmidon Edited by Bedimal Eliwan

Mega Flare has 3 things over Luna.

A. It's an Anima tome

B. It's accuracy isn't shit

C. If Mega Flare has 20 Might, is used by someone with 25 Magic against an enemy with 5 Resistance it will deal 48 damage (20+25+(5/2= 2.5, rounded up to 3)

Roulette already exists as Potion Roulette, the others..are command skills? I'll keep them in mind, especially play dead (though in many cases it's similar to Stillness, the option is nice)

Twin Sword is...actually an interesting idea, I'll see about using a mechanic like that. Finesse Blade I'm pretty sure is already planned. Mega Flare I think sounds like it wants to be based on the enemy's strength/magic rather than their resistance, because as stated, basing it on resistance makes it basically anima Luna. I might do it as a weapon, maybe a skill, I dunno.

A. It's an Anima tome

This is not an advantage. Elder Magic beats Anima Magic, Anima magic beats Light Magic.

The fact that it is an Anima tome merely makes it, as pwnage kirby said, "anima Luna".

B. It's accuracy isn't shit

Or is it? You didn't state stats for such an item /s

Luna's hit rate is 95 in FE7 (the only True Fire Emblem Game*), doesn't really get much better than that.

*god I hope I don't need to specify that this is sarcastic but I should for good measure

But usually hit rates don't matter too much unless they're actually awful--and even awful hit rates can be compensated for by playing smart (especially here, since there are a number of skills).

C. If Mega Flare has 20 Might, is used by someone with 25 Magic against an enemy with 5 Resistance it will deal 48 damage (20+25+(5/2= 2.5, rounded up to 3)

Oh, so you mean it

ignores enemy defenses

ala luna

AND gains damage equal to half the enemy's resistance.

Unless you mean to add that this tome also actually ignores the target's resistance, then it is simply a half-Luna.

... >>

Fine, how about this:

Might+Magic+([sum of all stats]/5)

For Mega Flare's damage calculation.

so it uses 1.2x Magic

and 20% HP, Skl, Spd, Luk, Def, Res, Con, Move?

sounds ridiculously amazing.

[even if it excluded hp/con/move, it's still insane. Anybody with decent stats would be getting a bonus 10-20 damage from those stats-- that's an insane effect.

10: that means Mag+Skl+Spd+Luk+Def+Res = 50, or you have an average of 8.333 in each of those stats.

20 requires an average of 16.66, which is not too outlandish for endgame.]

Edited by Bedimal Eliwan

I don't care about the specific numbers, I never have. Well, yet. I will, but not now. For weapons and skills, I'm more than okay with an idea in the vaguest sense, since I'll be balancing the numbers myself based on a bunch of situational stuff anyway. And the idea of a weapon that gains stronger based on the enemy's stats...Now that I say it like that, I may have another idea related to it, that's the advantage to not setting everything in stone with hard values.

Skills

Iai Blow: +20 Evasion on player-initiated battles

Iai Form: +20 Evade on enemy-initiated battles

Rush Blow: +20 Crit player

Rush Form: +20 Crit enemy

Weapons:

Belial: Dark, Attempts to Silence

Vassago: Dark, Might doubles on enemies with full HP

Asmodeus: Dark, Effective against female enemies

Jezebel: Dark, Effective against male enemies

Weapons

Dark tomes that deal Anima damage? (WTA to Light tomes?)

Spirit Flame- Decent Mt: 8-10. Hit 60-70%? 1-2 Rng. Decently high Wt. Moderate uses. + 3 Spd for Wielder.

Phantom Bolt- Decent Mt: 8-10. Hit 60-70%? 2-3 Rng. Decently high Wt. Low uses. + 3 Def for Wielder.

Ghost Rain- Decent Mt: 8-10. Hit 50-60%? 3-7 Rng. Heavy Wt. Low uses. + 3 Res for Wielder.

---------------

Morningstar: An "axe" that has a chance to reduce a foe's MOV to 0 for one turn. Small bonus crit chance and fairly low Mt: 4-7. Fairly poor hit chance, and fairly heavy. 16-20 Uses. (I say 16 because it does seem a little TOO good)

Flail: A "lance" that has a chance to reduce a foe's MOV to 0 for one turn. Small bonus crit chance and fairly low Mt, fairly poor hit chance and fairly heavy. 16-20 Uses.

Spatha: A sword that has a chance to reduce a foe's MOV to 0 for one turn. Small bonus crit chance and fairly low Mt, fairly poor hit chance adn fairly heavy. 16-20 Uses.

Obviously the ideal chance for the 0 MOV would be very low.

------------

Skills:

Gladiator Instinct: +10 hit, +2 Atk, -2 Def when Unit is taking part in an arena. (Or maybe some other two buffs and one debuff?)

Indolence/Respite: If there are no other Units within 5 spaces, + Sleep status for one turn next turn and (either) full HP restore/+2 to all battle stats. (Or maybe some stat + slight heal hybrid?

What about tomes that hit Defense?

Void Cloud-Dark Magic, hits DEF. 9 mt, 85 hit, 5 crit, 25 uses

Earthstorm-Anima Magic, hits DEF, 8 mt, 90 hit, 5 crit, 25 uses

Sky Frenzy-Light Magic, hits DEF, 7 mt, 95 hit, 10 crit, 30 uses

Also, I added those skills. A note about Redemption though, there's no magic in the game, so I dunno if you want the skill to do something else to make it stronger or if it's okay if the class skill isn't very good and I'll just make its stats better.

Umm in that case make it + (Power*2) Crit instead of Str and Magic (or whatever the name of your unified stat is). :)

...Perhaps I should contribute my weapon ideas and stuff like that...yolo

Bamboo Staff: Halves all incoming physical damage, but it is an almost terrible weapon statwise.

Embers Gale: Summons a fire tornado upon the enemy. Halves opponents speed for one turn.

Annnnnnnnd...thats about it. Huh, I thought I had more off of the top of my head.

Triangle Blade: Doubles WTA's and WTD's

Reversal Blade: Lancereaver+ Triangle Blade

Halt Axe: Halfs WTA's and WTD's

Weapon ideas? I wanna try too >_<

Trick Staff: Inverts move around a base value of 6. Example, if used on character with move of 8, move becomes 4. If used on character with move of 4, it becomes 8. I could see it being both usable on player and enemy, if that's possible to programme. Basically hampers scouts and favours tanks/clerics etc.

(Tome) Homing Flare: Weapon Mt scales with opponents Speed. I have no formula to give, but I can try and think of one. I feel like you will think of a really awesome one though :p

Blows/forms are pretty basic, I'll see if anyone ends up needing them but *shrug*

The weapons that are effective against genders of enemies are an interesting idea, I'm not sure I'd make it a weapon though. I think someone already brought up a personal skill having to do with that, I dunno if I put it in the sheet.

The specific weapons that reduce movement are uh okay but the idea, since I noticed ESD's post down below, I think is actually pretty reasonable. Debuffing an enemy's movement isn't nearly as powerful as debuffing their combat stats, but can be much more useful, so yeah I'll definitely do at least one thing with that idea.

Arena skill sounds cool for some flavoring of characters, if arenas make it in. A rest skill I'd prooobably prefer to make on command, but forcing it is..actually a potentially interesting idea. Gah lol so much stuff and I've touched FEGame less than half a dozen times in the past two months xP Hopefully I'll be able to fix that soon...

Redemption, okay

Final Edge is basically Glass weapons, Unbreakable Blade is basically Bronze weapons.

Debuff magic in general I've been considering, but I really need to go through what graphics I have available. A defensive spear though uhhh maybe sure lol I feel like I'm being more open than usual I should check how much weapon space there is left

Reavers already double WTA/WTD, and halving it is pretty pointless. I'm pretty sure there are personal skills to double/halve though so yeah

Trick Staff I mentioned briefly above but yes.

Homing Flare, again, animations wheeee but I'll look at what I can do I guess

Halving WTA/WTD's is supposed to make it easier to go up against an enemy with an advantage.

Killing Blow: This unit will take no damage if they can kill the enemy within this round of combat.

Blade Master: +6 damage when equipped with a weapon with "Blade" in the name (Iron Blade, Steel Blade, it's my take on Odin's personal skill)

Sword Mastery: Auto-Counter (the skill) and take no damage from sword-wielding enemies.

Stand and Fight: Take 4 less damage from enemy-initiated 1-range attacks

Coward's Way: Deal 4 more damage from player-initiated 2-or-higher-range attacks

Not sure if these were said already, but here's some more stuff:

Command Skills:

Explode: Deals damage to every unit within 2 spaces of the user.

Healing Touch: Stand next to another unit to heal them. MAG /2

Charge: Activate then move through an enemy to deal minor damage.

Battle Skills:

Far Counter: Same as regular Counter, but counters ranged attacks instead, such as Bows.

Rethea: Trigger Luna then Sol in succession. (Aether backwards :P)

Vengeful Astra: Trigger Astra with Vengeance properties.

Astral Projection: Trigger Astra with Luna properties.

Cleave: Strike both opponents at once (assuming Pair-Up is a mechanic here. If not, then: Command Skill: Strikes the unit behind the unit attacked)

Edited by Power Master

Halving WTA/WTD's is supposed to make it easier to go up against an enemy with an advantage.

WTA is incredibly minimal by default (+/- 10 to 15 hit, +/- 1 might).

It would be much easier to just say "unit cannot be at triangle disadvantage" and it'd have about the same effectiveness. And accomplish the same end task.

Killing Blow: This unit will take no damage if they can kill the enemy within this round of combat.

Psuedo-Brave is cool. Really really really strong, but cool.

Blade Master: +6 damage when equipped with a weapon with "Blade" in the name (Iron Blade, Steel Blade, it's my take on Odin's personal skill)

I feel like this would be so polarizing that once you got a character with this skill you would end up treating "Blade" weapons like those swords were actually Preference weapons.

Sword Mastery: Auto-Counter (the skill) and take no damage from sword-wielding enemies.

So two things

A) This is ridiculously broken

B) The Skill, Counter, deals return damage equal to the damage you take; if you take no damage you can't reflect any.

Stand and Fight: Take 4 less damage from enemy-initiated 1-range attacks

this is neat.

a variant of this was also already in this thread as a personal for an archer

Coward's Way: Deal 4 more damage from player-initiated 2-or-higher-range attacks

This seems like it could be interesting but that element is very dependent on the enemy composition and the unit that has it. On a sword wielder, it would be a way to force them into magic swords which they may not want-- on axes/lances it'd just be saying "always use javelin/hand axe", again it would be potentially interesting for mages-- but really, only when you're using a mage against an archer :p

So two things

A) This is ridiculously broken

B) The Skill, Counter, deals return damage equal to the damage you take; if you take no damage you can't reflect any.

I feel like no skills should completely negate damage. That would just let you be completely immune to enemies, including bosses that use swords. (and no, giving them a skill that lets them bypass that immunity wouldn't fix it either lol) But yeah, Counter already has a place. Very few skills should be combined skills, and quite frankly, I believe should be reserved for special units who cannot be easily replaced.

But, more on the "Killing Blow" skill, that doesn't sound too bad for finishing off enemies. Probably wouldn't be balanced unless on a unit who sucks at fighting sorta, and squishy. That sounds like the only decent skill where it makes you invulnerable. You'd still be putting your other units at risk.

--------------------

Misc. (Mini)bosses?

Sora (no not that Sora)

Wing Warrior*Renamed Myrmidon/Swordmaster: Innate weakness to Bows

A mysterious warrior who has mastered the arts of composure.

Skills: Aegis, Certain Blow, Climb

HP: 33

Str: 17

Skill: 14

Spd: 11

Luck: 0

Def: 15

Res: 12

Inventory: Runesword/Windsword? Eh, either something special like that from your list of weapons in the doc or something else.

Hakai

Wyvern Rider/Dracoknight

Skills: Vengeance, Resolve

HP: 29

Str: 10

Skill: 11

Spd: 9

Luck: 0

Def: 11

Res: 13

Inventory: Spear/Brave Lance

Full Charge: Deal 4 more damage on player-initiated 1-range attacks

Snipe Guard: Take 4 less damage on enemy-initiated 2-or-higher-range attacks

Shockwave: When killing an enemy, reduce adjacent enemies's HP by 20%

Healing Wave: When healing an ally, heal 10% of the Max HP of adjacent allies

Intimidating Glare: Take 2 less damage from enemies not at full HP

Knight's Pride: Deal 2 more damage to enemies at full HP

Critical Rally: Give everyone in three squares a temporary +25% Crit buff

Evasive Rally: Give a +25% Evade buff

Accuracy Rally: Give everyone a +25% Hit buff

Yeah, about Sword Mastery, it was supposed to be a sort of fusion of Hinata and Kagero's personal skills. Any way I could fix it while keeping the basic idea?