FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Yeah, about Sword Mastery, it was supposed to be a sort of fusion of Hinata and Kagero's personal skills. Any way I could fix it while keeping the basic idea?

Maybe either get rid of the Counter, or make it so it only counters Sword-wielding enemies? ...Though that might seem a little restrictive, actually...

*looks up the skills*

Well, with their skills combined, it'd work more like a Pavis or Aegis skill. Halves damage from Sword, Axes, Lances, and Daggers...

Would this work?

Life-on-the-Line (Sword Mastery didn't make much sense here to me)

When HP is half or less, counters Sword, Axe, Lance, and Dagger damage, as well as any stat reduces done by Daggers.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have Dagger weapons (aside from a Thief-only sword).

But that does give me an idea:

Deflect: Skill/2% chance to nullify a 1-range attack when below half HP.

Lqvdqlwb: A tome written in encrypted runes designed to make the victim insane (berserk). Originally thought to be from the moon. (Would probably be given to a evil dude who loves torture.

Moon Dust: Dust from the moon that prevents all status ailments for one map.

Epee: A luna sword.

Edited by Virtual Singer

"Deflect" doesn't seem to make sense with the description as Deflect means to "Change the direction of a projectile. Something like "Block" would make more sense.

That's nitpicking. Who's to say the character doesn't deflect the attack? The fact that damage is nullified remains. You don't "deflect" damage.

Furthermore, deflect is in no way limited to projectiles.

That's nitpicking. Who's to say the character doesn't deflect the attack? The fact that damage is nullified remains. You don't "deflect" damage.

Furthermore, deflect is in no way limited to projectiles.

Yeah, sorry.

I'm kind of a person who does that sometimes, as it didn't make sense to me.

Skills:

Dynamic Negate: On even turns, take two less damage from magic. On odds, take two less from physicals.

Forest Poetry: Forests for this unit regenerate health like a fort.

Grace of the Sun: Unit regains 10% of damage dealt as health (Mini, always-on Sol)

Grace of the Moon: Unit ignores 10% of enemy Defense (Mini-Luna)

Grace of the Stars: Unit hits twice with every attack (Mini-Astra/auto-Brave weapon)

Hope I'm not too late to this party (This is what I get for not checking the concepts section for a long time)

Well there's already like a 120 characters submitted so I might as well submit one too>

Name: Dion

1YZgSho.png

Affinity: Fire

Class: Sage

Inventory: Elfire, Vulnerary

Weapon Ranks: Fire, Wind (for ranks you can do whatever is appropriate to make it balanced for that point in the game)

General join time: Around mid game.

Personal Skill: Something that raises evasion rate maybe? Could be called Dodgeball King or something.

Stats: Best Stats: Skill and Speed, Worst Stats: Luck and Defense. Good Bases, Bad growths

Dialogue:

Mostly only speaks when spoken to, when he speaks he'll sometimes makes joke and references that aren't very funny like "but it was me, Dion!", despite this he doesn't really expect a response or ask if they get it, making his joke somewhat tolerable.

R-Button info: A self-taught magic user whose come pretty far despite not having a mentor, but has reached the full potential of what he can learn from books and thus decided to explore the world, still denying the need of a teacher.

Level Up Quotes:

Bad level (0-2): "Oh, come on! Why isn't this travelling thing working?"

Mid level (3-4): "I'm almost disappointed by the fact that wasn't disappointing. Almost."

Good level (5-6): "Wait progress, for real?! I-I mean, o-of course, just as I expected. See? I don't need help."

Recruitment: (Appears as a green npc during a chapter)

Dion: ...

Recruiter: ...

Dion: ......

Recruiter: So... How long are we going to silently stare at each other?

Dion: Until one of us blinks?

Recruiter: How about no.

Dion: Oh, okay... by the way I'm Dion, a travelling sage in search of "the truth" behind magic!

Recruiter: What kind of truth?

Dion: I don't know, I just made that up right now, in reality I just want to simply get better at magic, in books they always go on journey's to get stronger, so that's what I'm doing.

Recruiter: I see...

Dion: Anyway, I'd like to join your group. I know my way around tomes so I'll be helpful in a fight and I'd get to travel to more places.

Death quote: Urgh... you over there saying "uhuh, good riddance haha", I can hear yo-gh!"

Supports:

Maybe, if there's a wiser sage or bishop in the group have him/her be a support possibility where they offer Dion to teach him more magic but Dion keeps refusing their help until finally giving in, and agreeing to have him/her as a mentor.

Aside from that most supports (if he has any) will be trying out jokes on people to see if the laugh.

Recruitment conditions: Green unit on a chapter who appears on the second turn, goes to the hero to talk with them

Of course you can tweak things like the dialogue of the recruiter to fit it's personality.

PS: I'll probably refine the sprite a bit later on. EDIT: Refined it a bit.

Edited by saifors

Got a character for you, just in case there aren't enough lol.

Name: Balthazar

Is an older and rather experienced soldier who just wants to spend his days doing what's right. Is very gruff, but cares deeply for his comrades and throws himself at the enemy relentlessly

Class: Mage Fighter (pre-promote, swords and all anima magic)

Join time: mid-to-late game

Stats:

Level: 10

HP:48 (50%)

Str:22 (40%)

Mag: 16 (25%)

Skill: 20 (35%)

Speed: 20 (45%)

Luck: 16 (10%)

Def: 18 (35%)

Res: 20 (20%)

Weapon ranks: Sword: A Anima: B (If using PoR/RD Anima: Fire: B, Thunder: D, Wind: D)

Inventory:

Silver Sword

Meteor

Elfire

Vulnerary

Not providing a mug because I am NOT an artist. Sorry if this causes problems.

Not providing a mug because I am NOT an artist. Sorry if this causes problems.

Lol I am arguably the worst artist on this side of the Earth, and I tried my hand at it.

It was terrible, but a kind community member made massive changes to it, and it looked brilliant.

And it got accepted into the game.

All I'm saying is as long as you show effort or an attempt, the same may happen to you ;)

Oh gosh it's been a while since I posted here what have I even been doing wow

Skills that buff/debuff based on combat range, considering. Blade Master is an interesting idea, but IIRC I'm removing blade weapons.

Explode would be really interesting as a PC personal lol, Cleave...I'll think about that one.

huhhuh Wing Warrior miniboss neat

Healing Wave sounds pretty situational but could be quite cool

Life on the Line sounds pretty OP as a constant but would be kinda UP if it were activation

the Deflect variation on it, naming aside, though, hm I can imagine that...

Moon Dust, I didn't even notice that when I first saw that post, but that sounds awesome I'll give it a shot

Dynamic Negate sounds neat too...

Dion, cool, roger that!

Balthazar, I don't mind the idea of a Mage Fighter class as something just one or two units have, but that does mean map and battle sprites... I wouldn't worry too much about those if I were you though--indeed, as stated, just giving a shot at a mugshot is really worth a lot! Even if other people have to clean it up or even take the concept and remake it, having a really solid way of representing an appearance (ie, an image) goes a looong way.

But, good timing getting that in when you did anyway, that being @everyone actually, because...!

(EDIT: also reverse duelist's blow hm maybe sure)

Edited by 47948201

Immediate double post because this is a somewhat important post.

Everyone, thank you for all your submitted characters, skills, chapters, and everything! I have more than enough to fill the game now, so it seems--so I'll be closing the doors on submitted ideas for now. This will only last until I can get caught up with some more work done on the game, but I don't want preplanning to get in the way of development, so once I have some more chapters done, I'll start taking submissions again.

The exceptions are, of course, those with graphics. I won't take just anything, but I'm still quite lenient when a portrait is provided.

Otherwise, hopefully the next time I make a major post, it'll be after I've got some progress!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeti just came out with a new internal FEXNA release, so I've about 90% ported to that. I might show what it allows for in a later post when I add some stuff, but yeah that's about it.

EDIT: Just sent off the first pre-release build to a couple testers, it has rough chapters 1-10. Once they get back, I can start on 11-15, then I'll make an actual progress report post.

Edited by 47948201

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry, nothing too earthshattering has happened, I just updated my engine and evented a couple more chapters. I hear Yeti's going to (internally) release a new animation tool, not that it affects much else but that's going to be cool, once it happens I'll probably focus on adding classes for a while.

Glad to hear it, one question please, im stuck in chapter 7 hard mode atm, i've just discovered a class named "Zweihander" and i fell in love for it, is there any "Zweihander" character that can be recruited ?

Edited by rimkus93

Glad to hear it, one question please, im stuck in chapter 7 hard mode atm, i've just discovered a class named "Zweihander" and i fell in love for it, is there any "Zweihander" character that can be recruited ?

Are you thinking of FE7x? Cause this isn't FE7x lol

Darn, I was thinking of submitting a character or two... I guess I did have a while to do so, though, so the fault is mine. Let me know if you decide to open up submissions for more characters, though; I have some I could offer up to be used, provided you're still okay with me using them in a Fire Emblem fan project of my own, too.

(Also, what are the skills you already have implemented? I'd like to assign some skills to any characters I submit, but I wanna make sure I'm assigning things that will actually be reasonably-feasible to implement.)