Corrin is a Manakate so,...

Christianguy7

Is it established that Corrin is a manakete? I thought Corrin only had dragon blood in his/her veins, not necessary a manakete. Either way I think it's up to you to decide whenever they will have lifespan like the manaketes since he/she has most dragon in them.

Also whenever fates takes prior, same time or after awakening is up for personal interpretation?

Is it established that Corrin is a manakete? I thought Corrin only had dragon blood in his/her veins, not necessary a manakete. Either way I think it's up to you to decide whenever they will have lifespan like the manaketes since he/she has most dragon in them.

Also whenever fates takes prior, same time or after awakening is up for personal interpretation?

[spoiler=MAJOR REVELATIONS SPOILERS]Revelations establishes that Corrin is half manakete, as he is the son of Anankos, a manakete, so Corn's lifespan would equal Nah's

Also, the Before Awakening DLC clearly states Fates predates Awakening.

[spoiler=MAJOR REVELATIONS SPOILERS]Revelations establishes that Corrin is half manakete, as he is the son of Anankos, a manakete, so Corn's lifespan would equal Nah's

[spoiler=Revelation]The question is whether Anankos and Nowi are the same kind of dragon. Nowi, Tiki, etc. are manaketes, but we don't know whether Anankos works quite the same way. It's possible that he does, it's possible that he doesn't.

Honestly it's that whole outrealm BS again. "The legendary kingdoms of Byakuya and Anya" Chrom says. And yet they meet.

At least, IS wants us to believe it's before. But who knows?

Oh alright, that what I get when I don't have the game and have to wait for the EU release ._.

I thought the whole ordeal with Odin, Selena and Laslow with the dragon gate/outrealm contradicted the very same statement concerning the timeline. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know. Corrin is never actually refered to as a manakete. Also unlike normal manaketes, they seem to have grown at an ordinary human pace, unless you count the first F!Corrin build still being supposedly older than Leon and Takumi, but one case out of four hardly qualifies as proof for anything. Thing is, the jury is completely out still. We don't have any idea if the writers even thought of this. The whole dragon transformation got dropped by the wayside in terms of plot after chapter 5 remember. If it was definitly the case, you'd think it would be mentioned in the epilogue.

So there really is no reason to go ahead and assume this, unless you really want to write some angsty fanfiction, I guess.

Corrin isn't a manakete. They are never referred to as such and they clearly age like normal humans, which is why they are the middle child for both kingdoms. More or less meant to be just part dragon.

Hell, outside of the fact that they have pointy ears and can transform, Corrin is pretty much human in all other categories.

Oh alright, that what I get when I don't have the game and have to wait for the EU release ._.

I thought the whole ordeal with Odin, Selena and Laslow with the dragon gate/outrealm contradicted the very same statement concerning the timeline. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I beg to differ, if anything it's the opposite. They did travel back in time once, it's possible that they did it again, isn't it?

Anyway, I personally believe that Fates takes place in a parallel world instead of a different point in time. Nothing more than a mythical story to the awakening people, but who knows really.

Edited by Spirit in Black

Corrinmui isn't a manakete. Manakete refer specifically to the human forms dragons take on for whatever various reasons that they have.

Corrinmui is literally half-dragon. The thing that slept with Mikoto to produce Corrinmui was essentially just a discarded fragment of Anankos, who is a dragon--his heart.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Corrinmui isn't a manakete. Manakete refer specifically to the human forms dragons take on for whatever various reasons that they have.

Corrinmui is literally half-dragon. The thing that slept with Mikoto to produce Corrinmui was essentially just a discarded fragment of Anankos, who is a dragon--his heart.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

It's worth noting Manaketes take on human forms for the same reason Corn uses a dragonstone. To keep themselves from going insane. Cory is different from a typical manakete in that they started life in their human form, but beyond that he fits the definition to a t.

It's worth noting Manaketes take on human forms for the same reason Corn uses a dragonstone. To keep themselves from going insane. Cory is different from a typical manakete in that they started life in their human form, but beyond that he fits the definition to a t.

Yeah, you are right about that. It's just the game never refers to them as such, either deliberately or not. I was just going by the wiki page about all that. Corrinmui is on that page but, apparently, they are a special case. I think Kana is there, too.

Manaketes are full dragons, the human form we see is moreso a guise, and the dragon form is their "true form"

Corrin is literally half dragon/half human. If we assume that Fates' Water Dragons work the same way as Manaketes, we could use Nah as reference, being a Human/Manakete hybrid herself. The thing is that we dont have a firm grasp on how that works either. Nah's support chain with Tiki seems to imply that she will live just as long as a normal Manakete, but Tiki herself has no way of knowing, since Nah is "the first half-Manakete to exist" by her knowledge. One difference I see is that Corrin & Kana use their Dragonstones to keep their primal instincts under check. Manaketes have a grasp over their emotions, so they only use it to transform.

If we go by the theory that Fates' world is the precursor to Awakening (and by extention the Archanea saga), perhaps he is an ancient manakete, and the ones we know from those games descended from the likes of him/Kana/etc.

But i'm also leaning on the fact that its a case of the Outrealms, since Anankos refers to Naga as "this world's (Archanea/Awakening's world) god", in the Hidden Truths DLC.

Im no FE lore expert, but this is just my 2 cents.

Kanna

seems to become known as a dragon god according to their epilogue

. Their vitality isn't mentioned directly, but I'd assume that means they have long lives too. Maybe their aging works differently due to being born in human form, and they only get slower aging after becoming a dragon for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

I think manaketes would age till they are matured and then the aging process would drop considerably, i mean we can't expect to believe that like nowi had the body of a 2yr old crawling around for a few hundred years, and Nah is only around 18 and already has the same appearance Nowi has, And Tiki tells Nah how it's difficult living past everyones lives and that she will come to get used to it not to mention Nowi is half manakete. so i think Corrin is a manakete and will live thousands of years :p

Edited by ZappyPineapples

Or it could be straight-up Akaneia's Poetic Edda.

Honestly it's that whole outrealm BS again. "The legendary kingdoms of Byakuya and Anya" Chrom says. And yet they meet.

At least, IS wants us to believe it's before. But who knows?

I concur; I'd like nothing more (well, for this topic at least) than if "wibbly-wobbly timey-wimy" crap was kept out of the series.

If Corrin is a manakete, then why did he mature normally to an 18 year old when we have Nowi and Tiki (Mystery of the Emblem Tiki) who look like little girls despite being 1000+ years old?

I think in a way its left up to interpretation. I always took it as that they do live for a longer amount of time, maybe not as much as a true Manakete or Dragon, but a longer time. The thing with Corrin specifically though is he is both half dragon, and for all tense and purpose, is a demi-deity. I imagine he would likely live for an extremely large amount of time due to that.

Does that mean He/She will for a few thousand years like Tiki, Nowi, and Nah? Speaking of Nah, and Nowi, how many years is this game after Awakening?

According to Corrin's S-support with Nyx, he doesn't seem to think so lol. They talk about how she's going to grow old and age past him... and this is even after the fact that Nyx KNOWS what you are, judging by her death quote.

• 3 years later...
On 4/7/2016 at 1:13 PM, BANRYU said:

According to Corrin's S-support with Nyx, he doesn't seem to think so lol. They talk about how she's going to grow old and age past him... and this is even after the fact that Nyx KNOWS what you are, judging by her death quote.

Well then again, she doesn't have extended life but is simply immortal I believe. So she technically would live past everyone despite their longevity.