Bug? Exalt/Hero's Band suddenly missing

VincentASM

Has anyone here encountered a bug where after obtaining the Exalt's Brand and Hero's Brand from Before Awakening, they suddenly vanish from your inventory after a while?

It happened to me on the Japanese version and I couldn't figure out what happened. I did use the items once to mess around, but I'm 99% sure I didn't save my progress. Eventually I just rolled back to an earlier save, from several hours ago.

Just today, I had somebody e-mail me about a similar issue. The only clue I could find was they updated data and visited another castle and the Brands suddenly disappeared.

I also found at least one other occurrence on the Nintendo tech forums near the beginning of March. This person used their game on another 3DS and when they played it on their 3DS, the Brands vanished into the aether.

Has anyone here encountered a bug where after obtaining the Exalt's Brand and Hero's Brand from Before Awakening, they suddenly vanish from your inventory after a while?

It happened to me on the Japanese version and I couldn't figure out what happened. I did use the items once to mess around, but I'm 99% sure I didn't save my progress. Eventually I just rolled back to an earlier save, from several hours ago.

Just today, I had somebody e-mail me about a similar issue. The only clue I could find was they updated data and visited another castle and the Brands suddenly disappeared.

I also found at least one other occurrence on the Nintendo tech forums near the beginning of March. This person used their game on another 3DS and when they played it on their 3DS, the Brands vanished into the aether.

That other 3DS probably didn't have the corresponding DLC installed. When that happens, as you load the file, you're supposed to get a warning message saying it has detected unknown content or something along those lines, and asks you it you wanna load the file anyway, or in the game's words, ''with part of the save file removed''. Saying No is supposed to kick you back to the title screen.

It's referring to the DLC content. When you do load your file in that case, all related items will disappear; added classes like the Cipher Pegasus Knight will turn into Outrealm Class. I know from messing around a bit between my personal and capture 3DSes- the former with and the latter without DLC. And if I recall correctly, Cipher characters disappear from both the party and logbook too.

Don't know for-sure if not saving afterwards leaves things as it was before swapping consoles- I haven't fiddled enough with this to give an accurate answer at that point.

Edited by ItzMeeMario