Optimal pairing for +Mag FeMU (Nohr)

TorterraX

Hey guys and gals!

With the new Fire Emblem comes the new wave of pairing threads, so I guess I'm gonna contribute to that.

I'm looking for some advice for my Conquest playthrough. I made my Female Avatar a +Mag -Lck. I'm leaning towards having her end up as a Sorcerer or Onmyoji (suggestions for that as well?) and I really don't know who to pair her with.

I took Diviner as her second class because of the access to Mag+2/Future Sight for early game and for Tomefaire, and because Rend Heaven is just so fantastic to pass to everyone. I want to optimise this run but I'm not so comfortable with Nohr children yet, since this is my first playthrough with Nohr. I don't mind the pairing to not be the absolute best because I'm only on hard mode. I'm thinking of a few potential husbands and need help with choosing:

Leo: I guess that would make two great children, but I really don't want to pair her up with her brother, even if not related by blood, just seems too weird to me... Alright enough sentimentality, I'll do it if I must, but it just doesn't feel right to me :P (remember Owain x Lucina?).

Odin: God this guy is just so epic. Always been a fan of Owain. Anyway, I guess he could make a good father for a mixed Nohr Noble Kana and his good skill stat benefits having skills like Dragon Fang/Rend Heaven. Like Leo, not a lot of class diversity.

Forrest: Kana would just be so damn great with Forrest as a father, but I don't really know if it's better to have two awesome children or one godlike unit.

I'm really open to suggestions for other potential husbands, as well as for ending classes/skills for the children.

Thanks for the help!

TorterraX

Rend Heaven isn't the worldbeater you're hyping it up to be, because mages get jack out of it against most enemy types. That being said, I'd personally say Odin.

Firstly, take the time to train Odin, he is the best nostank in the game once you get past his crap bases. Secondly, marry the crap out of him for an unstoppable Ophelia. Just trust me, it's game breaking. She can fit two roles, flexible nostank/nuke Sorc or point-and-kill+awesome staff support Onmyoji. Hell, if her Str is growing nicely for some weird reason (she'll have a 27.5% personal growth) even Basara can work. Also Dark Knight is awesome on Corrin, since you get Yato back by endgame and when you start leveling you'll have a great Str growth to make up for DM's bad Str base and growth.

Rend heaven isn't bad in nohr, lots and lots of mages. That said it's complete overkill and 99% a waste of seals.

That said yeah, Odin. Kana is alright with just levin and Dst+ (no tome rank no life) but vantage Ophelia is god mode.

Edited by joshcja

Rend Heaven, as everyone else has already iterated, isn't 'that' good. Sorcs, however, are still godly units throughout Conquest + Revelations.

Welcome to the Godly Ophelia + Kana club :3

Rend Heaven isn't the worldbeater you're hyping it up to be, because mages get jack out of it against most enemy types. That being said, I'd personally say Odin.

Yeah, I guess you're right. When going through Birthright it was so amazing because a lot of units had a godly skill stat and were Str based. But it might not be the best if I'm aiming for a Mag unit. Thanks for the tip!

Firstly, take the time to train Odin, he is the best nostank in the game once you get past his crap bases. Secondly, marry the crap out of him for an unstoppable Ophelia. Just trust me, it's game breaking. She can fit two roles, flexible nostank/nuke Sorc or point-and-kill+awesome staff support Onmyoji. Hell, if her Str is growing nicely for some weird reason (she'll have a 27.5% personal growth) even Basara can work. Also Dark Knight is awesome on Corrin, since you get Yato back by endgame and when you start leveling you'll have a great Str growth to make up for DM's bad Str base and growth.

Yeah he kinda has weird stats, but so far (only ch. 12) he's had some ok/good growths (not enough mag, still fixable, but a lot of skill/def/res). Do you think Kana would be good as an Onmyoji or is he better as Nohr Noble/Sorcerer? I'd like to have at least one Onmyoji on my roster by lategame. Thanks!

Yeah, I guess you're right. When going through Birthright it was so amazing because a lot of units had a godly skill stat and were Str based. But it might not be the best if I'm aiming for a Mag unit. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah he kinda has weird stats, but so far (only ch. 12) he's had some ok/good growths (not enough mag, still fixable, but a lot of skill/def/res). Do you think Kana would be good as an Onmyoji or is he better as Nohr Noble/Sorcerer? I'd like to have at least one Onmyoji on my roster by lategame. Thanks!

Corin is fine in sage until rally mag, then just get the hell out, nhor noble is amazing but sage is a terrible class dip back in for tomefaire if you really want it.

All the good tomes are in C/D rank so going higher only matters if you're a sorc and want that sexy S boost to stack with hiddens.

Edited by joshcja

Odin is a good choice for +Mag. Ophelia is a beast and Kana can be trained as a Nohr Noble Dragonstone tank (makes btter use of his personal skill, otherwise it kind of goes to waste.)

Edited by nordopolica

The thing is, unlike Owain and Lucina, Leo and the Avatar are not related at all. ...Unless I'm missing something.

Edit, woops missread.

They were still "raised" as siblings so it's a bit creepier imo.

Edited by joshcja