[CFW ONLY!][FE:Fates]How to use Playable Chrom, Lissa & Frederick custom DLC

DeathChaos25

First of all, this is a custom built DLC by myself, meaning, THIS IS ONLY USABLE WITH CFW! It should also be noted that this DLC is for the western (USA) versions of FE Fates.

DO NOT USE FBI TO INSTALL! USE BIGBLUEMENU INSTEAD.
To uninstall the old version, an extdata wipe is needed, go to 3DS System Settings > Extra Data, and delete your FE Fates extra data, if you want to keep your saves, you'll need extra steps involving JK's Save manager.
To keep your saves located in extra data, in JK's Save Manager, chose to dump the extra data for Fire Emblem Fates, inside the extdata dump, you will have a bunch of files starting with "g_", these are the asset files that need to be deleted, delete those from the extdata dump, delete your extra data from System Settings, then with JK's Save Manager inject your extdata back in after having deleted all of the "g_" files EXCEPT g_contents.bin
V3 Notes:
- Reconstructed Awakening Characters so that they no longer conflict with the Before Awakening DLC (NOTE: For some reason, Before Awakening still breaks, if you enter Before Awakening a 3rd time, your game will crash, the best way would be to save and reset every 2 visits, this is the best I can do to fix it from the character's side, the other fix has to be done from Before Awakening itself)
- Fixed the reclass glitch on Awakening Characters! You can now reclass them without any weird costume Glitches, however, they WILL keep their unique outfit regardless of class, and Chrom will keep his sword attack animations and idle pose.
- Frederick is no longer a Unique Great Knight, he is now a normal Great Knight, if you reinstall and already had Frederick on your save, please Reclass your Frederick into a normal Great Knight if he is still in his Unique Lance only GK class, or else he'll have no horse.
- HOPEFULLY, as of V3, no further updates should require an extdata wipe to reinstall (V3 itself does however require one.)
IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED THAT NONE OF THESE UNITS BE USED IN MULTIPLAYER, ANY BUGS/CRASH/BANS ARE YOUR FAULT.
V4 Notes: Added a Generic Witch named Arfoire!
Human Lilith has been added (LILITH MAY RANDOMLY CRASH YOUR GAME FOR NO REASON, I AM NOT RESPONSABLE FOR ANY UNSAVED PROGRESS LOST, USE AT OWN RISK)
- Fixed crashing bug for Sumeragi and Mikoto in revelation (this sadly requires an extdata backup/wipe.
V5 Notes:
- Fixed Red side crash on certain units (this sadly requires an extdata backup/wipe if updating from previous version, again, soz)
- Added Cipher characters + Amiibos
-The loading times when initially loading the extdata when first starting the game have been massively improved and shortened.
V6 Notes:
- Small Update, Added Arete!
- she's a scaling character, she will scale proportional to your story progress.
- She's also a Jakob/Felicia, a prepromote who can level up to 40 while having an internal level of -1 so she gains exp as fast as an unpromoted unit.
The DLC has now been reduced to only 1 entry, the Awakening character assets now gives you Chrom/Lissa/Frederick and a generic Witch, Garon/Sumeragi/Mikoto/Human Lilith, Cipher Marth/Lucina/Minerva, and also all 4 amiibo units, they all now come equipped with a weapon!
DOWNLOAD LINKS:
V6 Links:
fe14unit files (includes Chrom/Lissa/Frederick/Mikoto/Sumeragi/Garon/Lilith, THESE WILL NOT WORK IF THE DLC IS NOT INSTALLED)
Assorted screenshots:

tumblr_inline_o4r8po1O1Z1u0fe1d_400.png43vmBab.png

tumblr_inline_o4r8r2XZAN1u0fe1d_400.pngtumblr_inline_o4r8s7QqG91u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_o4r8snZv0U1u0fe1d_400.pngtumblr_inline_o4r8t5Ygtm1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_o4r8tssJ6f1u0fe1d_400.pngtumblr_inline_o4r8u3Wd1x1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_o4r8uiVzTo1u0fe1d_400.pngtumblr_inline_o4s9e0cLND1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_o4s9y5MRNo1u0fe1d_400.pngtumblr_inline_o4s9ydDd8v1u0fe1d_400.png
3H9nkyL.pngFnMvjZC.png
ccPDG5r.pngJLlQmKs.png
dG2yege.pngajcLdWt.png

Edited by DeathChaos25

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say it's downloaded into the extdata, does that mean it's downloaded into the Extra Data section of the 3DS and, for example if I wanted to remove the assets and start fresh, go into that and delete it there? (This would be after delating all the save data for Fates)

When you say it's downloaded into the extdata, does that mean it's downloaded into the Extra Data section of the 3DS and, for example if I wanted to remove the assets and start fresh, go into that and delete it there? (This would be after delating all the save data for Fates)

Yes, extdata would indeed be the Extra Data section.

If i wanted to recruit these character into a revaluations save file for example would that be possible? Like perhaps force the dragons gate to load up before chapter 6 or combine your cia with a cia of the paths dlc? Actually my entire game is installed from a cia file cus I used decrypt9 to get rid of the 9.6 crypto then reinstalled it with fbi, if that makes a difference at all.

Awesome job btw

If i wanted to recruit these character into a revaluations save file for example would that be possible? Like perhaps force the dragons gate to load up before chapter 6 or combine your cia with a cia of the paths dlc? Actually my entire game is installed from a cia file cus I used decrypt9 to get rid of the 9.6 crypto then reinstalled it with fbi, if that makes a difference at all.

Awesome job btw

With CFW at this point, the 9.6 crypto isn't a problem.

About the dragon gate thing, I don't think that's possible. But if you wanted to see if that was possible, you'd need a completely custom game CIA.

Yes, extdata would indeed be the Extra Data section.

Well, that makes things easier! Technocolor has a point though. If he or me was playing a Conquest or Birthright game, and we had Revelation as DLC, would that mean using this for the Revelation path be impossible? EDIT: Wait, would it be possible to uninstall this custom DLC though BBM instead of though the System settings?

Edited by Moondrag

Could someone perhaps have a my castle link that includes the characters on it, would be much appreciated because I cannot hack my 3DS right now...

That probably won't work. This DLC is custom made and likely would cause problems online.

With CFW at this point, the 9.6 crypto isn't a problem.

About the dragon gate thing, I don't think that's possible. But if you wanted to see if that was possible, you'd need a completely custom game CIA.

It was in order to use homebrew apps like braindump, hans, and savedata manager before hax 2.7. Havnt bothered to uninstall then reinstall from the eshop cus meh

That probably won't work. This DLC is custom made and likely would cause problems online.

The characters dont exist in the game naturally. Even if you have the before awaking dlc installed thats just npc data. You would probably just see generic units or crash. You can buy a copy of cubic ninja or ocarina of time plus a powersave then after youre all done setting up arm9 loader hax resell the items. If you have a physical copy of oot (Even the nintendo selects one) a powersave is rather cheap. Under 20$ and completely pointless once on cfw thanks to apps like save data manager so just re sell it. Custom firmware is fucking great. Pallatects guide is super easy to follow and noob friendly. 10/10 A+ would recommend. You can have Marths pretty prince legs from the first game all in English at the tip of your fingers

Edited by Technocolor

Awesome job btw

You can totally rebuild my DLC with whatever official DLC you own, however, since it is paid content I cannot include it in my DLC.

You can follow the instructions here on extracting and rebuilding DLC, just remember to replace my DLC's contents over yours and not the other way around.

I uh, don't think Frederick is meant to have the word "None" when I check his class description...I think you missed something. EDIT: Also the Before Awakening DLC REALLY doesn't like it when you have this mod. Chrom and Frederick turned into Unknowns and Lissa turned into a Lv.40 *blank* Hana.

Edited by Moondrag

Ok, this is awesome, now if only they had supports. Could custom dlc have supports like Anna does or would that require a patched ROM?

Yes to both. They can have supports but would require a patched ROM to make the supports exist.

Is there a way for me to use this with GW CFW. I even tried booting NTR CFW in GW mode but it still does not work. If there is a step by step instructions I would be very grateful. Thank You in Advance!

I don't see exactly what's so complicated about the instructions, they're very simple.

Does GW support custom DLC?

I dont think GW supports custom DLC as when I try to install it through BBM, the installer says invalid cia. I have tried multiple times and downloaded it multiple times too. If you could help, thank you!

Edited by bobsung92

I dont think GW supports custom DLC as when I try to install it through BBM, the installer says invalid cia. I have tried multiple times and downloaded it multiple times too. If you could help, thank you!

Well, I don't own a Gateway so I can't really help there, maybe try switching CFWs temporarily to install the DLC?

I'm reasonably sure that 0x0020:0x0000bb00 (the content cfa that stores global in romfs) causes my fates game to overwrite the title screen from "Fire Emblem Fates" to "Fire Emblem Fates Conquest". I'm pretty sure its just a file to just delete, but not sure which. Could you guide me in the right direction? The change isn't made until I run "Awakening Character Assets" and goes away with the removal of extdata or wipe data.

Thank you

Edited by chizeru

I'm reasonably sure that 0x0020:0x0000bb00 (the content cfa that stores global in romfs) causes my fates game to overwrite the "press start"'s top screen from "Fire Emblem Fates" to "Fire Emblem Fates Conquest". I'm pretty sure its just a file to just delete, but not sure which. Could you guide me in the right direction? The change isn't made until I run "Awakening Character Assets" and goes away with the removal of extdata or wipe data.

Thank you

That's bizarre, that's never really happened to anyone, there's no way the DLC could possibly cause something like this, you can check all of the different cfa content files, extract the romfs and its contents and look through it, everything is 100% character assets, and not stuff that would somehow cause something like that.

You could always try changing the content ID and rebuilding it, it will possibly show up as Reserved depending on what you change it to though.

Edit: I'm pretty sure this happens based on whatever route you last saved on, just tried on my game, saved on Birthright and the title screen now says Birthright.

Edited by DeathChaos25