[CFW ONLY!][FE:Fates]How to use Playable Chrom, Lissa & Frederick custom DLC

DeathChaos25

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually will there be a way to get the Amiibo characters with this dlc?

If you have the resources to use this DLC, you have the resources to insert the Amiibo characters, as that just requires save editing.

You can capture 4 generic characters and then easily use FEFTwidder's hex editor to alter the generics' character ID to turn them into the Amiibos, and then you could give them each their specific weapons.

Additionally, the Fates gay hack has a file you can use to make a Hans patch that will make the Amiibo characters autojoin in your castle.

If you have the resources to use this DLC, you have the resources to insert the Amiibo characters, as that just requires save editing.

You can capture 4 generic characters and then easily use FEFTwidder's hex editor to alter the generics' character ID to turn them into the Amiibos, and then you could give them each their specific weapons.

Additionally, the Fates gay hack has a file you can use to make a Hans patch that will make the Amiibo characters autojoin in your castle.

Is there any way to change the character portraits when doing the hex editing for the amiibo characters?

Is there any way to change the character portraits when doing the hex editing for the amiibo characters?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. When you hex edit a save file to change one character to another, it for all intents becomes the other character, it has their portrait and everything, though you would need to change class.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished using your DLC! Thank you <3

Do you have the DLC for Lilith? I could have sworn I'd seen it posted somewhere... but I could be completely wrong! xD

edit: HAHA! I'm not crazy! Found it on one of your other forums <3

edit edit: small issue, I'm trying to get these characters onto my revelations path. However in order to play it with the V4 of this patch I require having to connect to the internet and redownload the path. I was playing the path through the "all DLC cia" and didn't have this issue with V3 of this DLC hack. I've recruited all 8 characters Chrom, Lissa, Fredrick, Garon, Sumeragi, Mikoto, Human Lilith and Arfoire on my conquest save file without issue. And going to create another backup of my extradata now with these characters on my conquest file, then redownload the all DLC cia and see if they'll play together.

Scratch all of that, I reinstalled the special edition cia and tried this with my revelations save. Worked perfectly with no redownload error!

Edited by Starmytes

Now that I think about it, when does Human Lilith crash the game? Is it when entering battle and when it loads her data or when exiting battle and when it puts away her data? Maybe that is one of the reasons for the crash?

EDIT: Huh, that's weird. Somehow, Lilith's Simple Kerchief is removed when going into battle but shows up fine in the Accessory shop and in the My Castle when pressing that zoom in button on a character's status screen. Although it doesn't always happen...wait, can accessories be destroyed when taking damage in battle? (At least until battle ends of course)

EDIT2: Uh, slight note: For some of Lilith's classes (Strategist, Kinshi Knight, and if you give her it, Dread Fighter.) It causes a small bit of her to stretch into infinity although it's biggest on Strategist. Also, double checking her stats and uh. Wow, she seems to be made as if she was like Jakob or Felicia Lv.1 Maid but she has the EXP growth of a normal prepromoted unit.

Edited by Moondrag

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been trying to build this in a .CIA with the Revelation DLC and I'm a bit confused. Maybe I just suck at googling stuff but I can't seem to find any tutorials that explain how to actually extract the files and combine them. I extract the .CIA using ctrtool to extract the files from this DLC and the Rev DLC and get a whole bunch of files with names like c.0000.0000006e

From here I have no idea what I should do. I kinda managed to do something in that I got all the DLC + An extra DLC slot but that DLC slot just says reserved and goes into infinite loading. I think that's because I just renamed one of your modified DLC which was in content 0 and renamed it so it's content 4 or something like that. Something tells me that's not what I should be doing. Great mod though, just that I'm trying to make it easier for a sibling to use whenever they want.

EDIT: Whelp, ignore what I said there. Apparently it did work but I was being really impatient or something. If I actually knew how to edit the c.whatever files I would be able to put the actual DLC name over the reserved thing along with the icon but for now it works well enough. A question though, what are the growth rates of these characters? I wanted to edit their stats for balanced use from chapter 7 onward but I don't want to gimp characters like Garon too much if his growths are trash.

Edited by HeartlessSeph

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will there be a way to use this on the European Version?

This thread hasn't been updated for a while, visit the GBATemp one which is updated more often and has download links for EUR.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fe-fates-usa-custom-playable-characters-dlc.422272/

Edited by DeathChaos25

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Bro, ¿para instalar los DLC en inglés es obligatorio que el juego sea la versión americana? Sé que es una pregunta sumamente tonta, pero estuve mucho tiempo consiguiendo FE Fates en español y quisiera saber si hay algún método para seguir jugando en ese idioma y además usar tus DLC. 😞

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/28/2020 at 11:54 PM, Francisco Jake said:

Sorry, I don't understand how to install this. I put the .cia of the dlc and in undub and installed them with the fbi but when I go to the dlc nothing appears

Use FBI to copy the extra data folder into the extra save data section for fates on FBI's main menu

Delete extra data for fates, open it (and thus recreate data) but leave the game before things are written. Then a folder is created in FBI>extra save data>FE Fates. copy contents there