Your most beloved/unexpected card(s)

FoliFF

Alright of all your cards you have which one(s) are your most precious? Also which card(s) that you managed to pull, traded or got hold on was most surprising or least expecting getting?

As for of a small collector/casual player got myself two boxes along with the starter packs. However, I have to say the cards I pulled these are my babies:

[spoiler=My precious]

20160331_005125.jpg

I really liked I managed to pull Xander, Elise, Selena and both Corrins on my second box.

I'm not sad that I didn't manage to pull Camilla or anything!

However, I was dissapointed that I didn't manage to get hold on a SR+ or R+ until closer inspection

[spoiler=Unexpected]

20160331_005500.jpg?t=1459295232

No SR+ though :sob:

What does the gold text usually say on these + cards?

Edited by FoliFF

The gold text is usually a quote from the character, I believe.

I was surprised to get the new character Emma in the Hoshido cards and a holographic Xander for Conquest cards. In the case of Emma, I thought she was only obtainable through promotions, so I'm excited I got her!

EDIT: These are the ones I have. Someone please tell me which ones are special (SR, R, SR+, R+) as I don't know how to tell myself:

Asama: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B02-020.jpeg

Emma: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B02-050.jpeg

Hana: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B02-027.jpeg

Orochi: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B02-034.jpeg

Subaki: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B02-029.jpeg

Arthur: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B02-079.jpeg

Benny: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B02-087.jpeg

Corrin (Female): http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B02-052.jpeg

Effie: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B02-077.jpeg

Xander (Holographic): http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B02-056.jpeg

EDIT2: Found out the card number thing at the bottom says the rarity. Xander is an SR, so that's cool!

Edited by Power Master

I pulled a signed R+ F!Robin in my very first box and it totally blew me away. Very unexpected! Still one of my favourites, too.

I have 4 signed cards and all of them are my precious. F!Robin R+ and Elise R+ I pulled myself; Nohr!Azura SR+ I traded for and F!Kamui SR+ I bought from another collector. Now just to somehow get my hands on a Lucina SR+...

The only booster box I've had so far is the one from the PoR/Fates set that I split.

-On my first pack I pulled a holographic Tibarn (nothing else special about it though). I gasped when I saw it since Tibarn is one of my favorites and this was before I realized holos were in every pack (I thought the holo was special, but man did I have a lot to learn...).

-I got a holographic Leanne. It's not that special but I thought it was pretty cool.

-I got a SR Nohr Azura and a SR Hoshido promoted Corrin. Both holographic.

-I pulled a R+ holographic Nina card.

Given that I had 8 booster packs, I thought this was pretty cool. I'm really hoping to find another booster box for a decent price and some autograph cards in said box.

Edited by xendrill

Set 4 blessed me nicely while the others in the past havent.

The 1st card I ever bought was Sr+ Ike. Saw a listing on ebay and over paid (before I knew I did).

Since then only a hand full of cards are prized and most of them are in my deck(s) though.

Ike sr+, black knight sr+, marth sr+ (set 1), marth sr + (set 4), promo cost 1 marth, promo cost 2 marth (concert), Navaree sr+, caeda sr+ and mvp that 1 tiki sr I pulled out of 10 boxes. Never trading that lol. I eventually got more but jesus that ratio.

Edited by Omegaweapon

first box pull, for SR Tiki, second box another SR tiki

and the holo work on tiki is amazing to boot, so I was very excited about that

What luck huh. After what I just posted lol. Fortune must love you.

A random booster pack from S3 netted me a beautiful Mitama R+ (I believe she was one of the first few to have unique flavor text)

post-23075-0-29521700-1459642580_thumb.jpg

My first ever booster box ever (from S4) netted me a signed shounen-hotblood M!Robin, so that was nice~

post-23075-0-23103700-1459643064_thumb.jpg

No SR+ yet makes me kinda sad, esp just flat out no signed cards

Funny thing about Tiki, cordelia and other "Sr exclusive" cards are that they're some times harder to get then actual Sr+'s.

Don't sell your self short lol. I've pulled sr+s (tharja + and chrom +)I didn't even want when I was aiming for Tiki and cordelia.

My Velouria 3. I absolutely adore that card art, and even with the advent of crazy good set 4 art, I still think it's one of the best. She looks so badass.

Also, obligatory Cordelia mention. Cordy 3 (despite the fact I'm not a fan of the artwork) I was overjoyed when I pulled her for the first time. No Cordelia 4 yet, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll love her when I get her too.

Basically all my SRs.

I've only had a booster from series 3, because Tellius.

My SRs are: Soren (one of my favourite SR cards, Soren is an awesome character and Senri Kita is a great artist), M!Kamui (not a massive fan of the artstyle but the card looks great quality), F!Kamui (this as well, they fit together! What were the odds that I got two SR cards that fit together?!), Kaze (originally was meh about this and was willing to trade him away, played Conquest though and he's one of my favourite Fates characters, so now I'm really glad I got his SR card, haha).

Then my R+ Naesala, who is one of my favourite characters in all of FE, and I think he's one of the best written of the lot. I also got his normal R card, but I was sooo happy about getting the R+ too, because I really wanted my + to be a character I liked.

I also got every PoR R card except for Nephenee, whose R card was my least favourite of the PoR ones, so that was great! Also was really happy at pulling a Silas R, the Tibarn R, matching Reyson and Leanne, Marcia and Ranulf. I went and bought a R Mitama (and R Cain) because I liked their cards that much.

There are also a bunch of Normal cards I like, most of whom are because I really like the character on them. My favourite card in the cipher set is Cain's unpremoted one though, despite him not being my favourite character in the sets.

These 3 cards are my more beloved ones:

SR Leon, SR Takumi and R Oboro

tumblr_nz2qmlQrF61rql8cco5_500.jpg

tumblr_o5ds37yBjL1rql8cco1_540.jpg

I reveiced my Booster box S4 yesterday, and I got the card I wanted from this series: R Julian, and I was sure I will had he bad luck and miss it, but nop, here he is!

tumblr_o5cs6mup4r1rql8cco2_250.jpg

And for the 3th time, this happened:

tumblr_o5cs6mup4r1rql8cco3_1280.jpg

I keep finding the R+ and R version of the same card from the same box (and I only bought one box)... It happened already with Hana R and Veloria R in the precious boxes...

Buuut I didn't expected to have another signed card (I have Lissa's one too), so, it's ok

Edited by SniperGYS

Now that I have bought two new Series 3 boxes I quite very happy and surprised that I managed to pull F!Corrin, Flora, Selkie and Azura. I honestly didn't think I would get them.

[spoiler=The cards]

20160415_211006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My story of a Cipher collector is a very tragic one. I've had five boxes so far, not a single SR+ pull. I always have one or two SRs I desperately want - I never got any. And same goes for my R+ cards - always on characters I don't like or don't care about and NEVER with a signature. In other words, five boxes and not a SINGLE fanservice. Not a single one :(

Here is the core of my collection. I fell in love with Masaki Hirooka's artwork with his Nohr F!Kamui SR (wanted, never pulled) but it was his Nohr Azura SR(wanted, never pulled) that sealed the deal and I decided I would start to collect his cards - buy them as singles if neccessary. Hell yeah, neccessary, i had to buy them all... :/ And I will buy his Micaiah SR+ too as I'm not getting Wave5 box this time so no chance to get her myself. (He's gonna do her, the pattern is too obvious, remember my words xD)

Hirooka_zpsyangbdrh.jpg

As for the cards that I pulled myself and that really pleased me, it would be these.

my_best_pulls_zpsnrcgeryu.jpg

Est R+ didn't exactly please me when I pulled her because I wasn't even familiar with the + system at that time and I didn't know her at all. But I liked her design the most of the three sisters so the card eventually grew on me. I was lucky to get three older Hoshido siblings in my first Wave2 box (and the remaining card was M!Kamui SR) so it was a Hoshido box for a Hoshido fan, yay (with Nohr sleeves)! In my second box I got both Kamui and Ryouma as duplicates but the two other cards were Sakura and Elise and those two pleased me immensely. (Plus I got Hoshido sleeves so I could put all my five Hoshido SRs in them ♥ and Elise in one of the Nohr ones.) Both Morgan and Cynthia were must-haves and luckily I got them, though I really hoped I would get either one as a R+ :/.

And last but not least - four other cards that I hold dear, my husbands. Of course I didn't get Chrom SR myself, nor Silas R (that one was outraging) and had to buy them separately as well T_T.

other_favs_zps4xpmnguz.jpg

Edited by Rihorama

I got really lucky and from my first (and only) booster box (series 2), I pulled SR M!Corrin, SR+ F!Corrin and SR Sakura. I really never thought I'd like the SR for F!Corrin. But once I saw that it was signed, I was in love with that card. XD

• 5 weeks later...

I got stupidly lucky with the three boxes I bought, since I batted 100% for SR+ cards (F!Corrin and Ryoma from B2, and Chrom from B1). I managed to grab an SR+ Xander online just to have it. I've also got a Takumi, Leo, and Lucina I pulled from among those boxes. Those cards are probably my favorites among my collection.

Since we're talking about luck, is it even possible to pull normal and + version of the same SR card from one box? I know it often happens with R cards (I got R and R+ Velouria), but never heard about the same thing happening with SRs.

Yes it happens, I got a SR+ of Lucina B04 and a SR version from the same box.