Rezzy

I think it sort of has a good cadence with the full name. I intend to call her Est, Essie, or Essie Sue. Susan will be the middle name. Elincia's a nice name, but I've been leaning towards names that have a family history.

Thanks, and don't worry about me. I don't get offended by people not liking the name. People can voice their opinions without worrying about upsetting me.

Hey, family history makes sense! That's perfectly fine. :)

And I'm glad you weren't offended, I had absolutely NO intention of doing that. >_< I'm just really honest and sometimes blunt about my opinions, and I'm not someone that likes sugar-coating/understating the truth or whatever. I feel like it's no better than lying because I'm not actually telling my real, full opinion. And I feel guilty not being perfectly honest in these kinds of situations, because like I said, I feel it's too close to lying.

Like, for example, if a friend and I were shopping, and she picked a dress that I thought looked hideous. Now, I wouldn't actually say "wow, that looks absolutely hideous!" as that's kinda over the line. I would just say "Er, to be perfectly honest, I don't like that dress at all and think you should pick something else." I won't lie/sugarcoat it and say "it looks...okay, I guess" or "er, yeah, I like it!" I'm not telling my friend the truth and I don't want to lie to a friend.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Est will be tough to raise, but I think she has a lot of potential.

I see what you did there.

And congrats, I think Esther is a really pretty name. Apparently it means "Star" in Persian, so that's an extra point.

I'm not sure if it makes me a horrible parent, but I'm glad I'm not having twins, because I'm worried I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, unless it was one boy and one girl. Now for the dilemma where I'm hungry and craving spaghetti from a certain restaurant, but said restaurant is over an hour away.

Hey, family history makes sense! That's perfectly fine. :)

And I'm glad you weren't offended, I had absolutely NO intention of doing that. >_< I'm just really honest and sometimes blunt about my opinions, and I'm not someone that likes sugar-coating/understating the truth or whatever. I feel like it's no better than lying because I'm not actually telling my real, full opinion. And I feel guilty not being perfectly honest in these kinds of situations, because like I said, I feel it's too close to lying.

Like, for example, if a friend and I were shopping, and she picked a dress that I thought looked hideous. Now, I wouldn't actually say "wow, that looks absolutely hideous!" as that's kinda over the line. I would just say "Er, to be perfectly honest, I don't like that dress at all and think you should pick something else." I won't lie/sugarcoat it and say "it looks...okay, I guess" or "er, yeah, I like it!" I'm not telling my friend the truth and I don't want to lie to a friend.

I don't offend easily, so no worries. Speaking of clothes, there's a dress that I really want from a site online, but it's over a hundred dollars, and I'm embarrassed to wear it in public, so it would only be for around the house, or if I ever get time to go to a Medieval/Renaissance Faire.

I see what you did there.

And congrats, I think Esther is a really pretty name. Apparently it means "Star" in Persian, so that's an extra point.

It's a nice name, though it does break with the tradition of the rest of the family's names meaning animals, namely sheep, robin, and lion.

I love your kids' names! Classic, easy to pronounce, and not overly common. Great choices.

I was pregnant with my second at 30, too. It's a decent age to be having kids.

Whatever you do, don't name the son David

Too many David's in the world already, including myself :')

(although my full first name is "Davidlee")

Anyways, jokes aside, I honestly wish one day I have a family of my own, so I have been thinking of names already

Son - Jecht (duh), Christmas, Bruce, Corrin, Sebastian, Cloud, Tiz, Tidus, Marluxia, Sora, Riku, Axel, Herbert (my father's name), Gray, Jakob, Leon, Benny, Niles, Odin, Owain, Loki, Gerome, Forrest, Foleo, Gaius, Caius, & Snow

Daughter - Lucina, Amy Lee (favorite singer), Severa, Elise, Camilla, Vanille, Mia, Samus, Raven, Ahri, Sona, Katarina, Mei, Lute, Tana, Catria, Tiki, Luna, Celestia, Rarity, Dawn, Micaiah, Shiori, Yuno, Peri, Charlotte, Cheyenne, Lightning, Tifa, Azura, Kurumi, Tohka, Miku, Akiza, Noire, Selkie, Velouria, Panne, Lucy, Erza, Juvia, Shiki, & Marceline

EDIT: I just assumed we was still thinking of names o.o

Edited by Jecht

I love your kids' names! Classic, easy to pronounce, and not overly common. Great choices.

I was pregnant with my second at 30, too. It's a decent age to be having kids.

Yeah, I'm hoping to have around 4 total. I'm glad we've got one boy and one girl now, so we don't have to worry about not getting at least one of each anymore.

I agree it's a good age. A bit earlier may have been better to start, but with college and medical school, the prime years are busy with education, and if you wait until it's all done, it's too late. I have a friend who tried in vitro in her 40s and so far, it's not been successful.

Then there's the unfortunate ones who start having them before even finishing high school, but I think that's more of a discussion for the serious thread. I actually am very close to someone who had this happen personally, but I won't talk about her here.

Whatever you do, don't name the son David

Too many David's in the world already, including myself :')

(although my full first name is "Davidlee")

Anyways, jokes aside, I honestly wish one day I have a family of my own, so I have been thinking of names already

Son - Jecht (duh), Christmas, Bruce, Corrin, Sebastian, Cloud, Tiz, Tidus, Marluxia, Sora, Riku, Axel, Herbert (my father's name), Gray, Jakob, Leon, Benny, Niles, Odin, Owain, Loki, Gerome, Forrest, Foleo, Gaius, Caius, & Snow

Daughter - Lucina, Amy Lee (favorite singer), Severa, Elise, Camilla, Vanille, Mia, Samus, Raven, Ahri, Sona, Katarina, Mei, Lute, Tana, Catria, Tiki, Luna, Celestia, Rarity, Dawn, Micaiah, Shiori, Yuno, Peri, Charlotte, Cheyenne, Lightning, Tifa, Azura, Kurumi, Tohka, Miku, Akiza, Noire, Selkie, Velouria, Panne, Lucy, Erza, Juvia, Shiki, & Marceline

EDIT: I just assumed we was still thinking of names o.o

I do like David as a name, I forget how common it is right now.

For future kids, I've already got a Leo, so Leon would be too similar. Jacob is nice, but is too common. My sister would have been a Jacob is she had been a boy.

For girls, I like Charlotte, but my sister had been floating that as a potential name for her daughter, so she might take it before my next daughter comes.

Dude. . .it's a girl, and mom's decided on a name. There's some cool updates in the topic. ;):

Oh oops

Yep, Esther Susan is coming this November, but no worries. I love talking about names! My better half really lobbied for Esther, but it's really grown on me. I had thought of doing Esther Penelope, but that seemed like too many syllables, and I think Esther Susan flows better.

I'm done at 2; I hope you manage to get your 4!

One of the reasons I'm sad I'm done at 2 is because now I don't get to name any more kids. I love discussing names.

Edited by Res

I'm done at 2; I hope you manage to get your 4!One of the reasons I'm sad I'm done at 2 is because now I don't get to name any more kids. I love discussing names.

Me too! What are your kids' names, if you don't mind me asking?

Me too! What are your kids' names, if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all!

My daughter's Annaleah Coraline, Annaleah wasn't a favourite of mine but my husband really pushed for it, and it grew on me. We call her Anya, though.

My son's Nikolai Aleksandr; we went full-on Russian for the spelling (my husband's of Russian descent). Alexander is actually my favourite name, but it's my husband's name, he only agreed to using it for a kid if we used a different spelling.

Not at all!

My daughter's Annaleah Coraline, Annaleah wasn't a favourite of mine but my husband really pushed for it, and it grew on me. We call her Anya, though.

My son's Nikolai Aleksandr; we went full-on Russian for the spelling (my husband's of Russian descent). Alexander is actually my favourite name, but it's my husband's name, he only agreed to using it for a kid if we used a different spelling.

Beautiful names, I agree about the part of not having the same names within the immediate family. It would be confusing on who you're talking to. Although, I've heard that it's a Russian tradition to name the son's middle name as the father's with -ovich added, so he could have been Nikolai Alexandrovich if you wanted to go full Eastern Bloc.

Beautiful names, I agree about the part of not having the same names within the immediate family. It would be confusing on who you're talking to. Although, I've heard that it's a Russian tradition to name the son's middle name as the father's with -ovich added, so he could have been Nikolai Alexandrovich if you wanted to go full Eastern Bloc.

Thank you!

And I should've done! If he wasn't already born I'd probably suggest this to my husband.

My niece's name is Anya :D

If I have a daughter I want to name her Rashida after my grandmother.

Rashida is a beautiful name! And it's always cool to hear of other Anyas, I don't hear of that many. My Anya loves her nickname, and she gets pretty angry if you dare call her Anna (which I sometimes do teasingly).

How're you feeling these days, Rezzy? :)

Edited by Res

My niece's name is Anya :D

If I have a daughter I want to name her Rashida after my grandmother.

Rashida's a pretty name. Although, you're showing a lot of restraint, not naming her Muhed.

EDIT: @ Res, you posted the same time as me.

I'm doing okay for the most part. Both kids been really energetic lately, inside and outside the womb, and this pregnancy has been rougher than the first, but I can't complain. I've got my wedding anniversary at the end of the month, so hopefully, we can do something nice, then.

Anya is really nice. Middle name is Ann, but that's a plainer version and seems to be a ubiquitous middle name.

Edited by Rezzy

Oh yeah, it's awesome that you're getting a girl, btw. I prefer little girls over boys by a long shot. They're just usually a lot cuter and they get way cuter clothes! Not to mention cuter toys as well. You're going to have a lot of fun shopping for your daughter!

I'd be really upset if I actually were willing to get pregnant and it was a boy. I'd also feel guilty about it though, because it wouldn't be the kid's fault that he's a boy. It'd be mean for me to dislike him or not love him as much just because of his gender. It's a very good thing I don't ever want to be pregnant. What a bad mom I would be to a boy...

I MAY adopt someday. But that's a big if. Still, if I could adopt a girl that I can still name, she'll definitely be Elincia Mary Lou. I know it doesn't sound perfect, but I love the name Elincia and Mary Lou was the name of my late grandma who I was closer to than almost anybody.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm doing okay for the most part. Both kids been really energetic lately, inside and outside the womb, and this pregnancy has been rougher than the first, but I can't complain. I've got my wedding anniversary at the end of the month, so hopefully, we can do something nice, then.

Aw, that's tough, sorry to hear it. I hope you have a great anniversary!

I'd be really upset if I actually were willing to get pregnant and it was a boy. I'd also feel guilty about it though, because it wouldn't be the kid's fault that he's a boy. It'd be mean for me to dislike him or not love him as much just because of his gender. It's a very good thing I don't ever want to be pregnant. What a bad mom I would be to a boy...

Having one of each, I can honestly say there's not really any differences that are tied to their gender. :) I mean, my kids are like night and day, both in personality and appearance, but nothing that I can conclusively say is a result of one being a boy and the other a girl.

My pregnancies were both were even identical - so identical that the first words out of my mouth after my son was born were, 'is he really a boy?' haha.

I get it, though. I wanted a boy more when I was first pregnant, and I think most people I've spoken to have a slight preference.

And it's more than alright to not want to be pregnant. I wanted to be pregnant, I was super eager to have kids, and I was over my pregnancy after one day. Seriously, I hated pregnancy so much! It's a large part of why I don't want any more.

Rashida is a beautiful name! And it's always cool to hear of other Anyas, I don't hear of that many.

I didn't know Anya was a nickname for a Russian name though - that's quite interesting. I always thought it was an Islamic name, but that's probably because my sister chose the name.

Rashida's a pretty name. Although, you're showing a lot of restraint, not naming her Muhed.

That'll be the other child, regardless of gender Edited by Lord Raven

I didn't know Anya was a nickname for a Russian name though - that's quite interesting. I always thought it was an Islamic name, but that's probably because my sister chose the name.

Behind the Name and other baby name websites list its origin as being from the Russian diminutive of Anna (I love Russian diminutives!), but it's found in so many languages worldwide that I wouldn't be surprised if it had originated independently elsewhere. In fact the Gaelic name Aine is pronounced the same way (depending on your accent, perhaps), and that has a different meaning. Most of the other Anyas I've come across have been Indian!

Oh yeah, it's awesome that you're getting a girl, btw. I prefer little girls over boys by a long shot. They're just usually a lot cuter and they get way cuter clothes! Not to mention cuter toys as well. You're going to have a lot of fun shopping for your daughter!

I MAY adopt someday. But that's a big if. Still, if I could adopt a girl that I can still name, she'll definitely be Elincia Mary Lou. I know it doesn't sound perfect, but I love the name Elincia and Mary Lou was the name of my late grandma who I was closer to than almost anybody.

My son is the cutest baby ever, so I'm not sure if it's possible to be any cuter, but we'll see. I've thought about posting a pic, but don't want to do it on a public forum. If anyone's curious, feel free to PM me.

I look forward to dressing up my daughter, although I may try to lay off on getting a ton of toys. My son already has way more toys than I did at his age. He especially loves playing with his cars and blocks. I still have most of my old toys in storage. My mom has bins full of my sister and my old toys, and Leo was having a lot of fun with a plastic jar of cherries that went with one of those dolls that was made to look like you could feed it.

That'll be the other child, regardless of gender

Behind the Name and other baby name websites list its origin as being from the Russian diminutive of Anna (I love Russian diminutives!), but it's found in so many languages worldwide that I wouldn't be surprised if it had originated independently elsewhere. In fact the Gaelic name Aine is pronounced the same way (depending on your accent, perhaps), and that has a different meaning. Most of the other Anyas I've come across have been Indian!

Anya and all of its derivatives could likely be traced back to a common name. Many names can be traced back to Ancient times, in many cases predated the languages that currently contain them.

I visited the doctor today, and it's still a girl!

I actually lost a couple pounds since last month.

In tangentially related news, my son has been stealing my 3DS at every opportunity and tries playing random games. He actually started up Awakening, but I think he's a bit young for that yet.

"Still" a girl? I don't think unborn babies are capable of changing gender. :P Unless you mean the doc wasn't 100% sure the first time around.

"Still" a girl? I don't think unborn babies are capable of changing gender. :P Unless you mean the doc wasn't 100% sure the first time around.

The test is supposed to be accurate, but misreads have been known to happen.