Rezzy

Pfft, Raven swings both ways. . .uh, the name, not the. . .y'know what, I'm gonna change the subject.

First off, congratulations~! Second, I'd recommend something that's common - I've seen some horror stories in my school, and I feel sorry for those kids when they reach high school. . .so I'd avoid weird spellings of common names (ex: Jaxxon), or stuff that different for the sake of being different (please don't name your baby girl James). Third. . .

Get off my lawn. :P:

Oh, right, names. . .perhaps something gender-neutral, like Robin. It has nothing to do with Awakening, I swear~!

I like normal spellings as well and am not a fan of exotic spellings.

By get off by lawn, are you one of the whippersnappers on my lawn, or are you telling me to get off yours?

Name your child Takumi

In all seriousness, I am not sure what name to suggest. I don't want children at all. But I liked the name Jessica for a girl, but I don't know what name I like for a boy.

Really? I learn something new every day

Never Takumi, I'd have to blame him for everything and Leo is far superior. :D

Jessica's a decent choice.

Go hip and name your kid Muhed.

Don't ask why. Just do it. Maybe spell it Mahad or Mahed or something so nobody calls him moohead ever.

:(

If female, go for Raven. No bias.

Is Muhed a real name? Never heard that one before.

Raven's okay, but it's not my style.

Congrats!

I have no idea for a boy. ​Nym would be a great name.

​If it's a girl, maybe Rebecca or Elie sounds good (maybe from my ear only).

​Oh yeah? I thought it was the weakest :).

I do love Rebecca.

congratulations!!!

if you're still thinking about names, you could consider a couple: i like the names Cassius, Emille, Susanne, Marionne

Susanne's a bit like Susan, which is one of my favorites.

New Paralogue available? Hmm... Have you thought of what skills to pass down for inheritance? On that note, what classes will they have access to? So many things to think about...

Still after names?

Male

Mark

Kai

Kent (not in reference to Fire Emblem so much as more where I live)

Female

Cynthia (honestly that's in reference to the Pokémon character more than Fire Emblem but either reference is good)
Lilian
Lucy (I may be biased toward this because it's the nickname that Cynthia refers to Lucina by in Awakening)
In terms of skills you should pass down...
I'd assume you have access to a skill like Veteran or Speed+2. Maybe you should pass one of those down...
Jokes aside, congrats.

I love Mark, it's actually my Dad's name.

For classes? Well, the jobs I've held over my lifetime would be Fast Food Employee, Pharmacy Technician, and Physician, so I guess the closest equivalent would be Villager, Apothecary, and some sort of healer. That's a decent class set.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By get off by lawn, are you one of the whippersnappers on my lawn, or are you telling me to get off yours?

Get off of MY lawn, whippersnapper!

Yes, Muhed is a real name. It's not a common American one, though.

It's my first name, actually, and there's a million different pronunciations yet somehow Moohead isn't one of them.

It's pretty rare even in Pakistan or any of the middle east which is where it originates from.

Oh yeah? Well I hope your baby grows up healthy. How's that for spite? >:O

Get off of MY lawn, whippersnapper!

Fine, I'll hide in the bushes and collect snail shells.

It's my first name, actually, and there's a million different pronunciations yet somehow Moohead isn't one of them.

It's pretty rare even in Pakistan or any of the middle east which is where it originates from.

Oh yeah? Well I hope your baby grows up healthy. How's that for spite? >:O

Thank you, Muhed

Congrats!

If you already have a son named Leo, you can name your next son Robert and have sons named after both of my grandfathers. And, if you have a daughter instead, you can name her Arlene and have kids named after both of my mom's parents.

In terms of serious suggestions, here's a list of the most common baby names of 2014, and clicking on any of the names will tell you what their meaning is (if you don't want to limit yourself to the most common names, going to the main part of the site will give you a wider selection). I use this site to get ideas for names for characters in stories I write, but there might be something there that catches your interest. The 2015 list will probably be up on that site in a few months.

Congrats!

If you already have a son named Leo, you can name your next son Robert and have sons named after both of my grandfathers. And, if you have a daughter instead, you can name her Arlene and have kids named after both of my mom's parents.

In terms of serious suggestions, here's a list of the most common baby names of 2014, and clicking on any of the names will tell you what their meaning is (if you don't want to limit yourself to the most common names, going to the main part of the site will give you a wider selection). I use this site to get ideas for names for characters in stories I write, but there might be something there that catches your interest. The 2015 list will probably be up on that site in a few months.

Thanks, and I do like Robert quite a bit.

I actually don't want a name that's too common. I didn't realize William was so popular, but I still really like it. I like Noah, but don't want my Noah to be one of like five in his class.

Congratulations on the baby! <3 I think that since Leo is a graceful yet powerful name something that also meets that would fit? I personally think for a girl Ariel or Marie would sound gorgeous, considering they have similar meanings to Leo.

(Then again I might just have horrible ideas for names). For a boy though, maybe something soft like Jordan would be nice? >u< It always makes me so happy when I hear a baby is on the way~

Congrats!

You could keep the FE references by naming your second kid Edward, due to Leonardo and Edward in FE10.

Are we suggesting our own names? Mine's Javier, feel free to use it, or its English equivalent Xavier.

Edited by Jave

Thanks, and I do like Robert quite a bit.

I actually don't want a name that's too common. I didn't realize William was so popular, but I still really like it. I like Noah, but don't want my Noah to be one of like five in his class.

this is why everyone should name their child Muhed

this is why everyone should name their child Muhed

But then everyone would be named Muhed and we'd be back to the original problem, ironically.

That reminds me of a funny story where I had a family of patients in clinic where a father and two sons all had the same name. One brother was junior, and one was the third. Besides George Foreman, I didn't know anyone named all their kids the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats.

Make sure to beware of traps.

Also you should name your child Rezzy. It seem fitting for both genders.

Thank you, although it would seem odd naming a child after my nickname, and I wouldn't want a child with the same name as me, since that would be confusing. Although I have an Aunt and Grandmother both named Margaret, with my aunt going by Margie, so there's that.

Had the first ultrasound yesterday, with a due date of either November 7th or 9th depending on size or menstrual cycle. The baby was really wiggling around during the exam. It looks like they're waving in the pic.

[spoiler=First Ultrasound pic, spoilered for size]4pYd78q.jpg

. . .menstrual cycle?

Anyway, I hope your kid doesn't troll you as much as I trolled my mom. Made her go in twice for a certain ultrasound, because I didn't cooperate.

. . .menstrual cycle?

Too crass? It's kinda hard to say it more delicately, but basically, you can calculate it if you know when your last period was. I always put a red dot on the calendar, so I can keep track.

Anyway, I hope your kid doesn't troll you as much as I trolled my mom. Made her go in twice for a certain ultrasound, because I didn't cooperate.

Fortunately, all our ultrasounds have gone pretty well. I trolled my mom by being born two weeks late, but I don't think they even let you go that long anymore.

that means he'll be a scorpio

more reason to name him Muhed

Are you a Scorpio? I'm a Leo, and so is my son, aptly named Leo. He was actually born 2 days before my birthday.

My mom's due date when she was having me was literally my dad's birthday. And that day was Mother's Day that year too. I came just in time for that! XD (ended up being born a week before it)

My mom's due date when she was having me was literally my dad's birthday. And that day was Mother's Day that year too. I came just in time for that! XD (ended up being born a week before it)

Cool. When my son was born, he had the nerve to not get me a present for my birthday. I wasn't taking "I'm two days old" for an excuse, either.

Too crass? It's kinda hard to say it more delicately, but basically, you can calculate it if you know when your last period was. I always put a red dot on the calendar, so I can keep track.

Oh, right. Would go into this more, but would probably gross out everyone else. :P:

My mom was quoted a due date, but then I said "screw that", and wound up being born two weeks early. I was at full size, but due to the circumstances, wound up in an incubator.

Hey Muhed, when should I time having sex so I can have a scorpio kid and name him Muhed?

Valentine's Day or earlier motherfucker!

Should be a gimme.

Edited by Lord Raven

Oh, right. Would go into this more, but would probably gross out everyone else. :P:

True, I suppose. It's just blood, and I've never really understood why it grossed everybody out, but I won't go into the gory details.

My mom was quoted a due date, but then I said "screw that", and wound up being born two weeks early. I was at full size, but due to the circumstances, wound up in an incubator.

I'm glad I live in the modern era, where we can treat a lot of the problems that have led to extremely high infant mortality historically. My grandfather was actually a preemie and just barely survived infancy back in the 20s. He had a sister, who wasn't as lucky.

Valentine's Day or earlier motherfucker!

Should be a gimme.

At my work, there's actually three babies all due in early-mid November.

• 2 weeks later...

Eclipse approved bump.

I have some more news. I found out it's going to be a girl! (Sorry to disappoint you, Muhed.)

I'm surprised we even found out this early, but I guess they can do it as part of the genetic screening blood test, now. We figured we might as well, since they had to draw blood anyway. Even 2 years ago, with our first, they never mentioned anything about it, so it must be new.

We've pretty much decided on the name Esther. We'll call her Essie/Est though. Hey, I named Leo before Fates, so people can't accuse me of naming all my kids after Fire Emblem.

The first trimester is finally ending. This pregnancy has been a lot rougher than the first one, but maybe that's because it's a girl. She's also been a lot more active than Leo was, which I didn't think was possible.

Cool. When my son was born, he had the nerve to not get me a present for my birthday. I wasn't taking "I'm two days old" for an excuse, either.

You are the kind of person I appreciate the comedic talents of. XD

You are the kind of person I appreciate the comedic talents of. XD

Thanks, I do have a kind of unique humor that a lot of people don't get.

I know Est will be tough to raise, but I think she has a lot of potential.

On another note, I think all the Fates units are terrible parents. You couldn't pay me enough money to chuck my kids into a baby realm. Is the extra dimensional castle not good enough for raising kids?