The Level Cap, and how it works

Vard

I was worried there was a level cap I could hit, and be unable to level up anymore to learn new skills when new classes come out.

I couldn't find any info, so i sat down, farmed, and found it out, Figured I would share

There is a "Level" Cap, it caps at 99, whether you are +20 level DLC class or not.

but you can still "Level up" and learn skills, and even gain stat points (if you aren't capped already!), it will stay at level 99, and you can "Level up" 5 times per Eternal Seal, as usual

so if you are like I was, close to level 99, don't worry, You wont run out of levels to learn skills on level up.

you just keep leveling from level 99 to ... level 99

So...reading all this is slightly jarring since the level cap will stop at Lvl 99 but you can still 'level up' from there although your level won't increase. Makes me wonder how you 'level up' past the max level cap when normally you don't get exp. past the max cap.

So...reading all this is slightly jarring since the level cap will stop at Lvl 99 but you can still 'level up' from there although your level won't increase. Makes me wonder how you 'level up' past the max level cap when normally you don't get exp. past the max cap.

you still reach 100 exp as usual. but instead of 99 into 100, its 99 into 99

you still reach 100 exp as usual. but instead of 99 into 100, its 99 into 99

That's still slightly confusing because you would expect to see a level-up sign, not a level up as in what happens once you use an Eternal Seal (Level '--' to Level '--') where '--' is the level you were currently at on the unit that used the Eternal Seal. I appreciate the fact that IS didn't make a permanent level cap where you can't gain exp. anymore (that would grinding for skills very hard for everyone).