Nyx X Jakob + Dwyer Optimization Advice

Shur Ree

Hello Serenes Forests users! So once again Im having troubles in my game. I followed optimizations guides, and everyone turned out good for now, and I got advice for one of my last uncertain pairings, and this was the leftover bracket....

I don't mind their story, its better than the Benny X Peri one imo, but they are pretty nice together I guess :P

So Jakobs fine, its never been anything wrong with Jakob.. Its just Nyx.. What do I do with her?

Her stats are ok I guess, but she keeps nearly dying or just dying and I have to restart.

Any suggestions to make her and Dwyer better?

Nyx stats: 10 str, 20 mag, 13 skill, 18 spd, 8 lck, 11 def, 15 res

Thanks and have a great day to anyone who helps!

The hell. What half baked flat out wrong optimization guide sticks Jacob with Nyx?

Answer, throw Nyx's barely legal ass on the bench she's worthless unsalvageable trash in game and for postgame she's...still not very good.

Dwyer uuuuh, well the "best" way to use him in game is to grab him on ch 9 or 10 and immediately heart seal him to cav off a +str/speed MU mom. Postgame he's one of the cooler my castle kids but jakobs mods + nyx's mods are just a mess. He's pretty much stuck as the backup butler now.

Edited by joshcja

The hell. What half baked flat out wrong optimization guide sticks Jacob with Nyx?

Answer, throw Nyx's barely legal ass on the bench she's worthless unsalvageable trash in game and for postgame she's...still not very good.

Dwyer uuuuh, well the "best" way to use him in game is to grab him on ch 9 or 10 and immediately heart seal him to cav off a +str/speed MU mom. Postgame he's one of the cooler my castle kids but jakobs mods + nyx's mods are just a mess. He's pretty much stuck as the backup butler now.

Well they were the leftovers :P

• Xander/Charlotte Score(1)

• Silas/Selena Score(2)

• Arthur/Effie Score(2)

• Kaze/Beruka Score(2)

• Leo/Felicia Score(2)

• Keaton/Camilla Score(2) (Used Niles) I married Keaton

• Odin/Elise Score(3)

• Niles/Mozu Score(3) (Didnt use)

• Benny/Peri Score(3)

• Laslow/Azura Score(4

• Jakob/Nyx Score(5)

​This is the chart that is well, supposedly the best optimization, and from what its done for my game all my pairs have been fairly well except i married Keaton cause Keaton is amazing, and i married her(Camilla) to Niles. Cause nothings better imo than a Nina with Savage Blow

Oh, that Reddit one LOL....

Anyways, to salvage this rather odd Dwyer, I suppose you could stick him into Sorcerer and make him Magical? He's meant to be more of a Physical guy but you'll have to go Magic since Nyx utterly destroys his Physical growths.

didin't really like Niles x Camilla for in game run since both Niles and Camilla is a relatively independent unit.

For the record, i genuinely think Azura x Niles is the best ever as far as Nina pairing goes, so theres that

Edited by JSND

Oh, that Reddit one LOL....

Anyways, to salvage this rather odd Dwyer, I suppose you could stick him into Sorcerer and make him Magical? He's meant to be more of a Physical guy but you'll have to go Magic since Nyx utterly destroys his Physical growths.

So does that mean im using a bad whole group of pairings? For my next run i guess who should i marry together then? No matter what im marrying Keaton to myself :P

Yeah for postgame you're saccing all but like, 4-5 kids for the highest possible mods/best class sets.

Nyx is literately cancer for any kid but Rahjat or Forrest.

For in game pair for utility/parent sets and like 2-3 good kids (namely the ones that are early and known godly)

Edited by joshcja

Well, there is not any "be all, end all" list of pairings but I'd be glad to give my two cents.

Ryoma x Azura/Camilla/Rinkah/Kagero
Takumi x Camilla/Hana/Kagero/Azura
Subaki x Rinkah/Hinoka/Oboro
Saizo x Orochi
Azama x Oboro/Kagero/Effie/Setsuna
Hayato x Sakura/Nyx/Felicia
Hinata x Hinoka/Peri/Oboro/Selena
Kaden x Setsuna/Charlotte/Hana/Azura

Xander x Charlotte/Hinoka
Leo x Felicia/Sakura/Nyx
Arthur x Kagero/Effie/Peri/Camilla
Odin x Elise/Felicia/Nyx
Niles x Nyx/Elise/Felicia
Laslow x Hana/Selena/Charlotte
Benny x Beruka/Rinkah
Keaton x Effie/Camilla/Charlotte ---> Corrin (F)

Jakob x Selena/Peri
Kaze x Mozu/Azura
Silas x Peri/Setsuna/Hinoka

1st one listed are what I have done. I've also listed some other options for most kids.

Yeah for postgame you're saccing all but like, 4-5 kids for the highest possible mods/best class sets.

Nyx is literately cancer for any kid but Rahjat or Forrest.

Or Nina. Ophelia is out of the question for the most part due to Elise.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Well, there is not any "be all, end all" list of pairings but I'd be glad to give my two cents.

Ryoma x Azura/Camilla/Rinkah/Kagero

Takumi x Camilla/Hana/Kagero/Azura

Subaki x Rinkah/Hinoka/Oboro

Saizo x Orochi

Azama x Oboro/Kagero/Effie/Setsuna

Hayato x Sakura/Nyx/Felicia

Hinata x Hinoka/Peri/Oboro/Selena

Kaden x Setsuna/Charlotte/Hana/Azura

Xander x Charlotte/Hinoka

Leo x Felicia/Sakura/Nyx

Arthur x Kagero/Effie/Peri/Camilla

Odin x Elise/Felicia/Nyx

Niles x Nyx/Elise/Felicia

Laslow x Hana/Selena/Charlotte

Benny x Beruka/Rinkah

Keaton x Effie/Camilla/Charlotte ---> Corrin (F)

Jakob x Selena/Peri

Kaze x Mozu/Azura

Silas x Peri/Setsuna/Hinoka

1st one listed are what I have done. I've also listed some other options for most kids.

Or Nina. Ophelia is out of the question for the most part due to Elise.

Thanks for the suggestions! At least i got like, Xander x Charlotte and Leo X Felicia correct :P

But im only doing Conquest characters together, and I have no clue even how to get the other ones(Hoshido) when playing Conquest, Niles cant just capture them, or can he?

Also idk how but my Ophelia was maxed out at 185 rating when I married Odin to Effie lol

Meh, Nina's bases/growths/Mods are so absurdly good that she's pretty much guaranteed to be one of your best units regardless of who her mom is.

She's straight up impossible to fuck up.

Edited by joshcja

Meh, Nina's bases/growths/Mods are so absurdly good that she's pretty much guaranteed to be one of your best units regardless of who her mom is.

She's straight up impossible to fuck up.

There is a way but I dont want to mess her up XD

Maybe if Nyx was her mom :P

But i shipped Niles and Camilla due to their "kinky" personalities and how they talk and stuff. Also their supports are funny as hell

Thanks for the suggestions! At least i got like, Xander x Charlotte and Leo X Felicia correct :P

But im only doing Conquest characters together, and I have no clue even how to get the other ones(Hoshido) when playing Conquest, Niles cant just capture them, or can he?

Also idk how but my Ophelia was maxed out at 185 rating when I married Odin to Effie lol

Oh oops sorry I forgot this was Conquest only. Anyways, I'll recomend some for that:

Corrin x Keaton (+STR / -DEF) [Only -1 Point in DEF, 5% Growth]

Azura x Kaze

Jakob x Peri

Silas x Camilla

Kaze x Mozu

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Felicia

Benny x Beruka

Keaton x Corrin (+STR ./ -DEF)

Arthur x Effie

Lazlow x Azura

Niles x Nyx

Odin x Elise

Camilla's placement is probably improvable. It was a bit odd to play around with Corrin x Keaton but here's a rough-ish outline.

Although, Conquest isn't worth much optimizing since you'll be at a sizable disadvantage against the grinding games (especially Revelation)

Edited by ShadowStar77

Oh oops sorry I forgot this was Conquest only. Anyways, I'll recomend some for that:

Corrin x Keaton (+STR / -DEF) [Only -1 Point in DEF, 5% Growth]

Azura x Kaze

Jakob x Peri

Silas x Camilla

Kaze x Mozu

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Felicia

Benny x Beruka

Keaton x Corrin (+STR ./ -DEF)

Arthur x Effie

Lazlow x Azura

Niles x Nyx

Odin x Elise

Camilla's placement is probably improvable. It was a bit odd to play around with Corrin x Keaton but here's a rough-ish outline.

Although, Conquest isn't worth much optimizing since you'll be at a sizable disadvantage against the grinding games (especially Revelation)

You are like the most helpful person here thanks so much Shadowstar77!

Happy I paired a few right already like the ones said before, Arthur x Effie, Odin x Elise and Lazlow x Azura, this community is so nice ^w^

You'd be surprised what you can do with a little bit of creativity. Mods are nice, but as long as you're not shanking yourself a la Orochi!Asugi (or expecting Beruka!Midori to be a physical unit), you can work around them.

So, what to do with this Dwyer? Grandmaster (if you like Resistance bulk) or Dark Knight (more balanced defenses). Regardless, I'd put Ignis as his proc of choice. I had Nyx pass on Quick Draw, since I didn't much like the other choices I had (which boiled down to Lucky 7 and Shurikenbreaker; Dwyer can get the rest on his own). It's a lot of work, especially on Conquest, but if we're giving a flying shit about mods, we're allowing grinding.

IMO the "right" pairings are what you want out of the kids. If you're bent on a magical Siegbert, I won't stop you (though I'll wonder why and how). I WILL wonder how Azura managed to pair with both Laslow and Kaze in the list above!

IMO the "right" pairings are what you want out of the kids. If you're bent on a magical Siegbert, I won't stop you (though I'll wonder why and how). I WILL wonder how Azura managed to pair with both Laslow and Kaze in the list above!

Thanks for the advice!

Idk where you getting a Magical Siegbert from, but I can say that Azura is paired up with the others because personally, i find her to be a bad unit who ends up being down on the weak end when i finish up the game with Shura and Gunter, while all my others end up being maxed out. She is also hard to level up due to her low strength and defense. So yeah, paired her up with Laslow cause they were leftovers at that point.

Nah, magical Siegbert was an example of something weird that can be done in Fates. Not that I'd do it, unless he needed to support a magical girl.

Azura's interesting, because she's one of two mothers that have Sky Knight in their class set (Corrin doesn't count) - and the kids with Darting Blow are more-or-less blowing everyone else out of the water. She can also pass Voice of Peace, which can lead to some SERIOUS shenanigans, like Damage Reduction Sophie (requires a lot of things to align, and it's not even close to being ideal, but it's hilarious to see enemies do -4 damage to a nearby unit).