Fire Emblem IV: Inheritors of the Crusade (v0.1.3 released)

SquareRootOfPi

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sorta irks me that you don't use the updated names. Otherwise, I would totally patch it.

I mean you can always go and edit the names if you wanted to, but editing a heavily hacked ROM is probably pretty herculean for most of us

I'm glad this hack isn't using the updated names; "Raquesis" still makes me cringe.

That being said...OMG IT'S REAL!!! Downloading now!

Seliph >>>>> Celice tho

I was greatly overcome and could only thank them again and again.You are famous now,I think。 :Roy:

Good to hear!

Question: in 1.2, I see a lot of ppl with supports, but I can't access them. Do I just wait a while b4 trying or is this a bug?

Supports are not currently available, so don't worry about it.

The Golden axe received at chapter 1-3, does it have any special abilities?

"Money is power"

Does it increase in power depending on our current funds?

Yes! I think you get +1 damage for every 1000G you get and the bonus maxes out around +8 or +10. I'll have to double check later.

Is this 1RN? or True hit?

Currently True Hit! (Maybe it'll change in the future...?)

I mean you can always go and edit the names if you wanted to, but editing a heavily hacked ROM is probably pretty herculean for most of us

I haven't tried opening the hack in FEditor and take no responsibility for whatever happens if someone tries to do that. I will probably open up a discussion for names in future when I lay out some possible ways for other people to contribute.

Thankfully this hack is made for dummies like me who tend to lose units.

Permadeath doesn't seem to exist, because Alec died against the boss in the prologue (overlooked his skill which grants him attack boost) but was available in the next chapter.

This is half true, certain units (Cuan, for example) won't come back if they die.

I like how dead units turn into zombies, it's like a shame system, the more zombies you got, the worse you are at Fire Emblem! (or just incredibly unlucky)

Oops, I forgot to remove that for the release. Well, I guess it's a nice placeholder until I actually work on what's supposed to happen. Edited by SquareRootOfPi

I just finished the patch and I gotta say....u did fe4 justice! It was soooo fun and I enjoyed every minute of it! I can't wait for the next patch! This was a blast!

It sorta irks me that you don't use the updated names. Otherwise, I would totally patch it.

so names make the game unplayable?

loving the hack so far. little confused by noish suddenly has pursuit but i cant complain. he was always my favorite.

so names make the game unplayable?

loving the hack so far. little confused by noish suddenly has pursuit but i cant complain. he was always my favorite.

I think it's a nod to him having Charge in FE4, it works more like that skill imo.

Yes, the original Pursuit skill is just primitive version of the doubling mechanic, so I just removed it from units, and Charge is similar enough to pursuit anyway.

On an unrelated note, I've been informed that Arden crashes the arena. I'll be uploading a 0.1.2 bugfix patch for that with some other minor fixes, in the meantime don't use Arden in the arena!

Here are the 0.1.2 bugfix patches!

If you want to patch from 0.1.1 to 0.1.2, use this patch.

If you want to patch onto a fresh ROM, use this patch.

The changes in 0.1.2 are:

• Arden no longer crashes the arena.
  • Shagall has a proper death quote in 2-3.
  • Sigurd no longer thinks that Fury is on his side before Levin recruits her (Translation: Sigurd is no longer able to talk to Fury before she's recruited.)
  • Sigurd's Knight Sword is now properly locked to him. Sorry, people who found that out earlier!
  • Lachesis does not display Charisma, a skill she has that doesn't work yet (because I haven't coded it in.)
  • Various text fixes (typos, out of bounds text, etc.)
Edit: Wow I must be tired. The previous 0.1.2 patch broke the Knight Sword. If you downloaded the updates before this edit then I apologize, you will have to patch directly from a clean ROM again. Otherwise, the links have been corrected. Edited by SquareRootOfPi

I hope in the second generation when Leaf joins the army he comes with more units. (maybe Mareeta and Galzus [they both have major Odo Holy Blood so that's gonna be 5 Balmung users if you pair up Ayra with Holyn], maybe Olwen, heck, even Orsin because he's that awesome, also, lol Eyvel)

EDIT: I forgot you get Galzus way after the time when Leaf joins Celice so scratch that.

Edited by Glacoe

I found a little bug when recruiting Eve with Sigurd ; she'll be over him in the map after he talked to her, that's harmless but that's strange haha.

I really liked this patch ; it was really great. Sometimes there's a lot of enemies to kill and that's good!

Edit: Ok, I found a bug. Sigurd can no longer equip Swords after he attacked a pirate. (chapter 3-3) ; he was S rank.

Edit2: After one or two fights from my save ; he changes his S rank to None.

Edit3: Ok, same for Cuan, there's a rank after S and that's the "none" one.

Edit4: And the chapter 3-3 can't be finished.

Edited by Metakirby

Ardan for MVP

EDIT: For some reason Sigurd can't equip the Knight Sword

Edited by N30

I found a little bug when recruiting Eve with Sigurd ; she'll be over him in the map after he talked to her, that's harmless but that's strange haha.

I really liked this patch ; it was really great. Sometimes there's a lot of enemies to kill and that's good!

Edit: Ok, I found a bug. Sigurd can no longer equip Swords after he attacked a pirate. (chapter 3-3) ; he was S rank.

Edit2: After one or two fights from my save ; he changes his S rank to None.

Edit3: Ok, same for Cuan, there's a rank after S and that's the "none" one.

Edit4: And the chapter 3-3 can't be finished.

I'll look into that weapon rank bug. I'm surprised you managed to S-rank both of them! Looks like I forgot to add the seize event to 3-3. It's not too much of an issue right now since 3-3 is the last chapter available anyway, but I'll add it in the next bugfix.

Thanks for the offor but I'll be making all the portraits myself.

Hello everyone , first thank you for your job i greatly appreciate .

I have a question , is it possible to make promotion in this patch and how ?

There are no promotions in the current patch.

Ardan for MVP

EDIT: For some reason Sigurd can't equip the Knight Sword

You might have downloaded the old 0.1.2 patch which broke the Knight Sword. If you did, you'll need to patch the new 0.1.2 patch (it's called 0.1.2fix.ups) from the front page onto a clean ROM. Sorry for the troubles! Edited by SquareRootOfPi

4eed749f06.png

Carrier has arrived.

Been having a lot of fun with this

No bugs yet, everything's been running smooth

Lex is pretty dang good.

I know right?! With that skill he has, he's a friggin boss on the battlefield! Noisy and azel are also quite good....in my opinion anyway.