your fates RNG stories

get to chapter 15 on revelations and i've been struggling on it due to the damn fire block off stuff, but i manage to get close to beating it, then fire waves appear and block off ryoma from the rest of the group, and i can't dragon vein to get back to him, thankfully the best chance the enemies have to hit him is 21%, so naturally he gets hit twice and dies, forcing me to restart because i refuse to lose a unit that good.

fucking hell, i would've not restarted for anyone else by that point, but ofcourse ryouma gets RNG'd to berserkers, they didn't even crit him once, it was two normal attacks from a fighter and one from a berserker.

also rant thread, had to get this off my chest because god damn it the third route is not harder then Nohr, but i've gotten RNG'd alot more often by it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, the RNG in this game is weird. From my current run of Conquest. . .

- Due to my SUPERIOR POSITIONING (please put the rotten tomatoes down), I left Camilla in range of Kaden. She hits with Thunder. Come my turn, I check the accuracy of that hit. 22%.

- Due to the SUPERIOR POSITIONING of the winds, Soliel wound up being in a bit of a pickle. She dodged something. I decided to see just how close that dodge was. She dodged a 99% hit. Somehow.

- Speaking of the SUPERIOR POSITIONING of the winds, on that same map, Beruka dodged a Steel Yumi and Xander dodged a Tiger Spirit. Both would've been fatal.

- Corrin missed a 95% somewhere. . .this has nothing to do with SUPERIOR POSITIONING (for once), but everything to do with "do I have a Plan B in case the RNG decides to swing the wrong way?"

The moral of the story is that I should check enemy ranges before charging in.

I was watching my friend play his English Patched copy of Birthright on Lunatic/Classic (his first playthrough). He was really excited for Chapter 14 because he finally got Ryoma and was keen to use him in the next chapter, so naturally he got crit'd by an enemy that only had a 30-ish% chance to hit him during the first turn.

Lots of bs RNG stories, but the most frustrating one was in Conquest, I don't remember which chapter it was, but I was almost done with the map, with just a few enemies left.

So I sent Velouria to kill this generic mob and she had quite a hefty amount of HP left and the mob will get one shot by her with 99%, but she missed and then the mob with 22% chance attacks with 1% crit chance, and it activated a crit, killing Velouria, I just turned off the game and stopped playing for 2 days.

I think the crit rolls override the hit ones. I was in a castle that had a skill I wanted, but the guy forgot to remove the paired-up Corrin from the throne. Best hit chance was around ~20%.

But I had the almighty Odin Dark, who had a 11% hit rate, but a 17% crit one. The crit activated and hit. I never saw anyone that activated a crit miss the attack, so I'm now wondering if Selena's description of her unique skill actually is true.

In chapter 26 yesterday Benny missed a 98% lance attack on a sword user and Peri dodged a 96%. Fortunately, this RNG craziness doesn't work just for AI...

Edited by Lanko

I was about 3-4 turns away from finishing a chapter, when an enemy berserker killed Beruka with a 47% hit rate and 1% crit rate. Yes, he nailed the crit. :(

Odin got everything but Magic and Speed 6 level ups in a row without aptitude or rerolling. That's +6 stats each level. He's now my 3rd tankiest character, and he's only Lv. 35.

Fates calculates skill, then hit and then crit. So Crit doesn't override hit, but a critical hit can never miss because the game determines whether or not you'll hit before it determines if you'll crit.

Edited by Phillius

Fates calculates skill, then hit and then crit. So Crit doesn't override hit, but a critical hit can never miss because the game determines whether or not you'll hit before it determines if you'll hit.

"The game determines whether or not you'll hit before it determines if you'll hit."

...Umm...ahhh...typo?

But yeah, anyway:

-On Birthright 24/the map with Hans, it was Hisame vs two Malig Knights at the bottom of the map, The Malig Knights had sub-20% chance of hitting him, but he could only take two hits. Both Malig Knights hit. Thank goodness I was doing Casual Challenge, thus having a battle save to reload from.

-On the same map (and a more positive note), Ryoma got wacked by a Paladin that dropped his HP from 41 to 20. What happens next? On the enemy phase, he activates vantage and proceeds to crit five times in a row off of it. Whenever any unit gets a crit off of vantage, I now say the enemy "got Ryoma'd".

-Kaze had an 80% hit chance on an enemy, and doubled. Both attacks missed.

-Kagero activated lethality three times in a row on Birhtright 25.

In general, most of the stuff I remember happened on Birthright.

"The game determines whether or not you'll hit before it determines if you'll hit."

...Umm...ahhh...typo?

But yeah, anyway:

-On Birthright 24/the map with Hans, it was Hisame vs two Malig Knights at the bottom of the map, The Malig Knights had sub-20% chance of hitting him, but he could only take two hits. Both Malig Knights hit. Thank goodness I was doing Casual Challenge, thus having a battle save to reload from.

-On the same map (and a more positive note), Ryoma got wacked by a Paladin that dropped his HP from 41 to 20. What happens next? On the enemy phase, he activates vantage and proceeds to crit five times in a row off of it. Whenever any unit gets a crit off of vantage, I now say the enemy "got Ryoma'd".

-Kaze had an 80% hit chance on an enemy, and doubled. Both attacks missed.

-Kagero activated lethality three times in a row on Birhtright 25.

In general, most of the stuff I remember happened on Birthright.

Fixed, but I have brought shame upon myself ;^;

On chapter 10 in Conquest I lost one of the 3 units you get in that chapter because they got hit by 4 50-55% hits in a row, and then I lost another because they missed on a 90% hit. If you know which units you get in that chapter than you could likely tell which of the 3 died

Battle Nonsense:

-My Jakob in Conquest had tomebreaker which usually knocked enemy hit rates down to 0-19%. Whenever they had less than an 11% hit rate, they would miss, but I swear, 90% of the time when they had 11-19%, they would hit him. It was the most frustrating thing watching it happen so often.

-In chapter 26, Arthur had a crit chance of 96% in a really tight situation, and he didn't get one. It just felt like the game was trying to screw me at that point.

-During the final chapter of Conquest, I sent Niles to deal with some bow knight because the guy only had a 4% chance of hitting him, he's not gonna get that, right? WRONG. I would have missed out on his ending if I didn't go out of my way to park my tank next to him to block an enemy next turn...

-Saizo doubled an archer and had an 87% hit rate. Missed both times.

-During chapter 26 of Revelations, I used Asugi. He got two lethalities in a row, then landed an 8% crit, then got another lethality. Geez, at least the game allows RNG nonsense for both sides...

Level Up Nonsense:

-My Saizo in Birthright only got 2 points in defense and 4 points in speed in 16 levels. Thanks, game.

-My Orochi, in her first five levels, got strength twice and magic only once. What.

-My Silas in Conquest, out of 16 levels, got a point in speed 14 times and in defense 11 times. Tanking and doubling for days.

-My Odin got 6 points in resistance in his first 7 levels.

During the first turns chapter 10 of Conquest, I let Nyx chip the health of the Fighters that start advancing on the right side of the map until they are left with 1 HP, so I make Corrin visit the house and in range so she can finish them off. The first fighter is no problem. The second one destroys Corrin with a 2% crit chance that activated aaaand it sucked.

Rinkah dodged like 3 attacks from a Oni Savage, Merceranry, and Diviner in Asugi's Paralouge, all of which would've been fatal and had approx. 60% chance to hit each.

In Chapter 10, Orochi somehow managed to miss a 98% chance to hit, which, while not fatal to anybody, left me in extreme rage.

It's funny, each time there was Facelesses involved, the RNG would screw me up. Same with (obviously) Facelesses oriented chapters. You know, the mountain and volcano.

Plus in Lunatic, it seem to hate me even more than usual.

In my Hoshido Lunatic run, I had the lovely experiences of getting crit by ennemies with less than 3% crit and 30% Acc.

Very good thing that the second part of the final battle was fast and easy, despite my lovely idea of putting Kamui at the complete opposite direction of the final boss. (And so I had to play with the pair up system to finish it in one turn.)

Needless to say, when I discovered that I was surrounded I lost my crap... but there was much rejoicing when I one-shot the final boss with a Dragon Fang crit, for some freaking reason, in spite of having 60% acc if I remember correctly. Things would've gone south otherwise. (Get it ? Cuz I put Kamui in the south...)

Edited by B.Leu

arena, got my good ol great knight marx, accidentally put him against a strategist and with his shit res he's gonna die in like 4 hits (56% hit rate, 27x2 + 9 damage from enemy) he has 89% hit rate, and 5% crit. He hits that crit?? Just the crit rate is so amazing?? Takumi w/ Astra gets at least 3 crits, i love crit rate rng

- Corrin missed a 95% somewhere. . .this has nothing to do with SUPERIOR POSITIONING (for once), but everything to do with "do I have a Plan B in case the RNG decides to swing the wrong way?"

Then Siegbert was like "anything Corrin can do I can do better".

So he missed a 96% hit.