your fates RNG stories

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing Soliels paralogue and you guys know that path northwest with all them spawning Berserkers? Well I remembered how everyone constantly says that Ryoma can dodgetank for days so I stick the dude there and of course a berserker with 6% hit and 7% crit decides to wreck the dude. He came back with a Daikon Radish during my next attempt.

Hard/Lunatic on Casual/Classic on my Revelations playthroughs.

RNG Memories that were good:
*The youngest sisters (who are Kinshi Knight and Strategist respectfully) dodging enemy attacks when the enemies had 90%-95% Hit Rates when the two of them were low on HP. Elise, I love you for the fact that an enemy Swordmaster missed you at a whopping 98% Hit Rate.
*Chapter 17 Felicia scoring a critical-hit with only 1% chance using a Steel Shuriken on a random Paladin KO'ing it. During the same chapter, Kaze pulling off Lethality on the boss (Iago in one go).
*Xander somehow getting RNG blessed on Chapter 24 after losing most of his HP due to a random Basara hitting him with Rend Heaven and not getting hit by tomes/scrolls that should have killed him when he was low on HP.

*Somehow beating some of the very annoying children paralogues without losing a single ally NPC or the child unit who needs to be rescued or for that matter any of my own units during any playthrough (I'm looking at your paralogues...Forrest, Shiro and Sophie).

RNG Memories that made me either upset or really frustrated:

*Not seeing 70% of my units get HP and/or Defense Growths whenever they each leveled up for 5-10 times. I hated this because some of them needed one or both of the growths for the endgame.
*Seeing Ryoma miss 3-4 hits during Astra in the arena (when his opponents could easily KO him on the counter if they survived. (Thank gods for Dragon Ward on the Avatar when he failed to defeat the enemies.)

*Seeing a random Berserker on Soleil's Paralogue hit my Female Kana (Hoshido Noble) with a 5% Critical-Hit when the Hit Rate was a low 1%. I soft-resetted after seeing this since I was mad.

*Chapter 25: I hate those Elite Ninjas...for the first 2 turns, I could only heal my units since they lost so much HP due to all those annoying debuffs. Also, seeing Ryoma miss completely on Astra against one of said Elite Ninjas bothered me (80% Hit Rate).

Edited by Emblem Blade

Saizo in my Revelations run got critted by a 4% from a Sorcerer in Camilla's chapter.

Hinata missed a 99% in my Birthright run in a challenge.

Felicia got strength twice in a row.

Sakura got magic screwed with 15 magic at level 18, but she got defense blessed at 15 defense.

In chapter 13 of Conquest, Orochi critted Suzukaze two times with a 7% chance to do so - I dislike restarting when it's a tactical error on my part, but that just felt cheap.

Funny story, a YouTuber just got to that map and lost his Suzukaze in the exact same way. It almost makes me wonder if it's more of a coincidence.

Edited by Thane

In chapter 13 of Conquest, Orochi critted Suzukaze two times with a 7% chance to do so - I dislike restarting when it's a tactical error on my part, but that just felt cheap.

Funny story, a YouTuber just got to that map and lost his Suzukaze in the exact same way. It almost makes me wonder if it's more of a coincidence.

Suzukaze was too busy staring at Orochi's rack? :P:

Anyway, in Nina's Manor of RNG Shenanigans, Sophie ate a 25% hit, someone (maybe Velouria) missed a 91% shot, and Arthur saved the run by OHKOing Nina with something like a 62% (after all the other crap I listed, I thought that desperate shot was a miracle).

Silas deciding to be a total #bro and fuck me over when I had two enemies left on the map and a very injured Corrin by missing a 94% when he could have killed them.

The enemy he missed went for Corrin and she died.

Thanks, you adorable piece of stale bread.

Edited by Vashiane

Revelation Chapter 14, i was going to beat Silas and some enemies show up and target Kaze the enemy hit % was 23 with 1% critical, So the RNG was in a bad mood with me and decided to kill Kaze after that incident have to restart the chapter again x.x

Suzukaze was too busy staring at Orochi's rack? :P:

Anyway, in Nina's Manor of RNG Shenanigans, Sophie ate a 25% hit, someone (maybe Velouria) missed a 91% shot, and Arthur saved the run by OHKOing Nina with something like a 62% (after all the other crap I listed, I thought that desperate shot was a miracle).

Now that you mentioned Arthur, I remember him pulling off a 10% Critical-Hit when his Hit Rate (due to RNG giving him little Skill Growths) was 25% on the target (Axe < Sword on Master of Arms). I really didn't like Nina's paralogue...she had a huge running distance start-up and I ran out of those staves that allow you to warp and enemy right next to you. Oh, I also remember seeing Ryoma eat a 10% Hit Rate from one of those Berserkers.

In the same turn I had Sakura saved by Miracle (which is honestly the first time in the entire series that I've had that skill ever activate) so I'm feeling pretty good, then Beruka gets hit/crit by the dude with 10% hit and 1% crit. Thankfully it didn't kill her just left her at 2 Hp.

Conquest Chapter 26. Corrin gets crit by a 1% chance, has just enough HP to barely survive, and then dodges all the enemies who dogpile him after with +50% chances of hitting.

Not sure if the RNG was blessing me or just trolling that time.

Edited by Abvora

These are the ones that come to mind atm...

1). On my 1st playthrough of Birthright, Orochi, for some odd reason, was getting +1 in spd for almost everytime she would level up.

Of course, after I promoted her, she refused to gain ANY speed. (And for revelations, she's a lvl 10 basara with only 13 spd. ACK THE PAIN.

2). Hana got hit by an axe user with a 22% chance to hit. And then she missed a 99% hit. I can't even.

3). Felicia, while in attack stance supporting Selkie, landed a crit on someone online with only a 1% chance to do so. "You're just a STAIN!". Because of that, I didn't have to deal with two Lobsters paired up with each other. You're the besssst Felicia.

4). Just two days ago, I chose to do royal royale with Elise's team. Arthur, despite having a 44% chance to hit for the majority of the time, kept landed crits! Elise, when baiting Ryoma out (last obstacle in the way of victory), she dodged an attack with a 95% chance to hit, and OHKO'd Ryoma. Still can't believe I beat it on my 1st time, with only one casualty (Rip Effie Weffie).

5). In Birthright, I accidentally left one of my units in the range of Camilla's dragon vein, and so Oboro's HP was dropped to 1. Enemies engaged her, and she managed to dodge every. single. hit. The stress.

6). Charlotte had only a 14% chance to hit an enemy, and yet she still landed a critical hit. All hail Queen Charlotte.

7). Selena dodged Astra completely one time.

8).Getting hit by multiple 1% crits is too brutal.

Edited by jellOjazz

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

[spoiler='The picture is as big as the moment itself was.']isocuXd.jpg

What even is True Hit in this game, lelelelel.

...please

That is...just completely out of the blue... 1% Hit Rate...and it hits...

True Hit Rate comes from the game engine where it rolls one or two numbers to determine if a hit will connect or not. Obviously if an attack has a 0% Hit Rate no matter it will always miss (excluding support buffs which affect rates after the battle screen once the battle starts). For those of us who have played FE and seen how RNG works...if an attack has at least 1% Hit Rate, the game will role one to two numbers on what you could call a dice (RNG). If the outcome results with both numbers the engine designates is the same as what the dice (die) got, it results in a hit. If one of the two numbers is off, the move misses. At least that's what I'm understanding from experience of reading comments about how FE deals with True Hit.

I've found Ryouma has this weird way of being a god, or being someone I want to throw off of the bridge into the Bottomless Chasm.

Example of Godhood: Astra activates... Five out of five criticals. That was something I'd only seen from Takumi when I had him buffed with Death Blow, which was something Ryouma was currently lacking at the time. I was very impressed, loved Ryouma more than I ever had at the time, and resolved to immediately get him Death Blow the next chance I could...

Example of Anna's Whimsy: And on the same damn map, he misses with a 97% hit rate and eats a 23% hit, right in the face. If I had used Azura and Sakura already, Hoshido would have lost their king, and I would have been too mad to care.

Worst one for me was when I was playing Royal Royale. I had Takumi attack Peri who had an attack stance with Laslow. Peri had a 6% chance to crit and Laslow had a 2% chance so naturally they both got critical hits on Takumi.

True Hit Rate comes from the game engine where it rolls one or two numbers to determine if a hit will connect or not. Obviously if an attack has a 0% Hit Rate no matter it will always miss (excluding support buffs which affect rates after the battle screen once the battle starts). For those of us who have played FE and seen how RNG works...if an attack has at least 1% Hit Rate, the game will role one to two numbers on what you could call a dice (RNG). If the outcome results with both numbers the engine designates is the same as what the dice (die) got, it results in a hit. If one of the two numbers is off, the move misses. At least that's what I'm understanding from experience of reading comments about how FE deals with True Hit.

...that last bit was sarcastical. I know what True Hit does and is all about. xP

Edited by ItzMeeMario

I kept saying to myself I was going to bench Odin soon in Conquest, and on the map I was supposedly going to use him for the last time, I threw him at the boss to weaken him so others could take the experience. Except he got a 5% crit that killed the boss. And then he got a perfect level-up. Never considered benching him again. He still gets all these crazy crits and Astra procs in the main story and he has completed the gold arena two times already, and on both times, he didn't even get hit on the first two levels despite some of the 80+ hit rates at times.

Elise dodged an 86% swordmaster that would've KO'd her and Leo dodged a 90% Enfeeble. They don't look that low but my luck typically has the opposite occur.

On Vanguard Dawn my MU proc'd Lethality 3-times in a row. She didn't even have Hoshidan Unity.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Revelation Chapter 20

Ryoma, a level 19 swordmastr with an89% chance of hitting a level 5 swordmaster and 31% chance of critting,

Astra activates, Ryoma misses 4/5 hits

Level 5 swordmastef with a 7% chance of hitting and 1% chance of critting, deals a critical hit and kills Ryoma.

Oh, don't even get me syarted on the one time, again, Ryoma got killed by an Axe weilder who had only 4% chance of doing 18 damage

*sigh*

Revelation Endgame

Was just redoing it to update units, I put MU up to kill Hydra's final phase, 100% hit rate, cool, 1% crit wont hit but okay...

The first hit goes off fine.....

And then MU gets the 1% crit and kills him.

A berserker once hit forest tile corrin with 5% hit and also got the crit which was more than 5 to be fair. Dual club percy once got hit by an 8% hit tome that was lethal after getting rend heavened twice by hana in chapter 22. Only way he couldve died and it happened. I missed a crucial 98% hit once and ended up needing to reset after watching my azura die helplessly in ep to said enemy. In the arena i recently got someone with 80 hit and the enemy with 80 hit i think it was camilla. They both missed like 5 rounds of hits, both the enemy and her. The enemy started hitting and camilla never did. The enemy ended up winning it was dumb.