your fates RNG stories

(Please igNOHR this post. I messed up)

While might as well ask the question while I'm here. How can I add a Quote to an already existing post, if possible? I've had this issue before, but I think I really need to ask it now, since I've made this mistake a few times already.

(ONE DAY LATER)

Here's how to do it:
1. Click Edit on your most recent post.
2. Find the post you want to quote, right-click on Quote, and click Open in New Tab (or something to that effect).
3. Copy the quote.
4. Go back to your most recent post, make sure the cursor's at the beginning of a new line, and paste what you copied in the previous step.
It helps if you turn off the WYSIWYG editor for this (so you'll see a bunch of boring text with no formatting). You can do so by clicking the button above the Bold button.
Thank you! That's extremely helpful. I can't use Microsoft Edge for it, only Chrome (Which I probably should use instead tbh.) I also find it sooooo much easier turning off the WYSIWYG editor. Thanks!
Edited by TrueEm

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how to do it:

1. Click Edit on your most recent post.

2. Find the post you want to quote, right-click on Quote, and click Open in New Tab (or something to that effect).

3. Copy the quote.

4. Go back to your most recent post, make sure the cursor's at the beginning of a new line, and paste what you copied in the previous step.

It helps if you turn off the WYSIWYG editor for this (so you'll see a bunch of boring text with no formatting). You can do so by clicking the button above the Bold button.

post-24463-0-10222900-1465602977.jpg

My first Revelation save:

Hans had 52% chance to hit and a 14% chance to crit. She had a 15-25%(I don't remember the exact number) chance to proc Miracle. All these things procced and I was dumbfounded.

post-24463-0-10222900-1465602977_thumb.jpg

This just in: Chapter 16 on Revelation (the one with the flame wall stuff). Most of the stage goes alright, with a couple close calls at the beginning... then after having killed every enemy on the map bar the boss, I decide to have Saizo attack him. Boss has a 51% chance to hit, 17% chance to crit with 17 base damage. Saizo has 32 HP, so I go for it... Naturally, the boss crits and Saizo dies. L + R + Start.

What annoys me the most isn't really that it happened - I need to be prepared for RNG screwage, after all - but that it decided to happen right there at the end.

Randomly feel like reclassing Yukimura to Swordmaster for the lols and also to harvest random skills.

While a Swordmaster he gets a crit every. single. battle. 20% chance to crit, and I threw him at quite a few groups of enemies.

I can't even.

Yukimura, are you secretly another RNG god?

From what I remember on my three playthroughs (each path, so spoilers included)...

Bad News:

• Birthright Chapter 18: Hana with Spirit Katana is attacked by two Faceless, each with about 10-20% hit. Cue getting two consecutive fists to her face resulting in her stupefied face in the dirt. Cue RESET CHAPTER time.
  • Conquest: Leo got 2 points of speed in 16 Level Ups. That is some kind of bad. Where's that 50 growth hm?!
  • Revelations: Azura got literally 1 point of HP between recruitment and about level 30 (chapter 23). THAT...IS...BAD. I had to use a Seraph Robe on her just to fix it. Thankfully, it also seemed to fix her growths too, as she gained two points of HP in the next 4 level ups.
  • ---All three paths: Corrin/The Avatar: Both my Birthright and Conquest files left him/her Luck screwed, even with it as his/her bane. Neither have over 15 by their Endgames, possibly getting critted by several enemies. Revelations Corrin was Def/Res screwed (18/16 base respecively), despite choosing HP as the bane. It got so bad that Anankos' head could literally 1-Hit KO him without defense boosts, and this was with the Omega Yato. Look, when your maid has a better survivability than you, you know you messed up badly somewhere.

Yay...

• Revelations: Arthur got four points of luck before LV20 promotion. That is all.
  • On that note, Arthur dodges literally all attacks in his five battles in Ignatius' paralouge. And gets all crits (or paired Setsuna gets them for him), then kills them all. Rumors of his bad luck are greatly exxagerated I see.
  • Kaze became MVP of all three paths, getting the highest total Hero awards at the end of the chapters. He also has a much higher critical rate with a Barb Shuriken that it actually displays. XD
  • Xander, get out. Now. Silas has your spot in Revelations. Well, I kept them both in by Endgame, but Xander was my worst royal at anything besides tanking. This really isn't much RNG though...

The Awesome!:

• Revelations: Felicia by Endgame has a whopping 17 Defense! No Dracoshields, no rigged level ups (especially thanks to chapter 7). She ended up becoming my best magical unit, surpassing the royal healers. She can KO near any enemy in the game by herself and live to tell the tale!

The Greatest, Most Aweseome, (Owain/Odin description here), feat of RNG that happened this game!

• Revelations Endagame: THIS ONE IS CRAZY! LV14 Ryoma paired with LV13 Leo proceeds to DOUBLE CRIT Anankos' left hand, levels up to LV15, gains Swordfaire, then proceeds to Astra said hand to death on the Enemy Phase. Meanwhile, LV13 Takumi and LV16 Corrin attack the other hand, which had a 70ish and 80ish hit chance on them. Guess what, Anankos' attacks BOTH MISSED. Then comes the head. Nothing noteworthy there. Afterwards comes the surprise...which could do about 10 damage to my strongest magical units/can't even kill Azura in a hit, which I brought a lot of that chapter (not knowing that there even would be a magical attacking core). Proceed to absolutely curbstomp the core with mages, Shining Bows, and the Omega Yato. Overall, it made what should have been a difficult final boss an extremely easy win.

Well, the time came to save Shiro the Suicidal... not having any Rescue staves, I need to do it the old-fashioned way. I actually managed to get there just in time via a series of very risky maneouvres that, among others, left Azura exposed to a Master Ninja for one turn... had Sakura not been two tiles away with her Personal Skill, she would've bit the dust then and there. From there, it's mostly smooth sailing - I talk to Shiro, place him under Xander's protection until I can get him somewhere safe on the map. Cleanup of the west side is going well enough, just a Sniper and a Master Ninja left on the other side of a few desert tiles - no problem, I send Takumi to oneshot the Ninja, the Sniper doesn't have enough damage to kill him anyway.

Takumi had 38 health.

The Sniper had 14 damage, a 70% chance to hit and a 5% chance to crit. Guess what happened...

RNGesus blessed me when I was doing chapter 12 conquest (the one with the pots), Lunatic difficulty. Thought I could bait a couple of the apothecaries with Odin, carelessly didn't notice they had lunge. Odin proceeds to dodge 5 incoming attacks, burning all of their gold bars for spendthrift and letting me clean up with ease. Definitely one of those wins I didn't deserve, but I'll take it.

Umpteenth time doing Boo Camp. Elise misses an 86% hit, which isn't so bad - what is bad is the Faceless having 23% hit and 1% crit, and, of course, getting the crit...

in an online battle, about to win despite losing two of my units. i try to use ophelia for an easy crit— and it's a 86% crit chance and it DOESN'T ACTIVATE. lost my battle after that because mitama didn't proc miracle :///

Playing this one paralogue in Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation

> I have a few EXP to go to obtain Galeforce and then go back to being a Nohr Noble, so I charge at the boss.
> I use Mahapadma (Forged Ice Tome) on the Faceless boss and it hits twice at 80%+. At BOTH times, the Boss' Counter skill triggers and kills me on the second hit.

Not Magicounter. COUNTER. The PHYSICAL one. It activated when I was using a damn MAGICAL tome. That is straight-up bullshit.

Not Magicounter. COUNTER. The PHYSICAL one. It activated when I was using a damn MAGICAL tome. That is straight-up bullshit.

If you were right next to it that'd be why, Counter just counters things when directly adjacent.

Playing this one paralogue in Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation

> I have a few EXP to go to obtain Galeforce and then go back to being a Nohr Noble, so I charge at the boss.

> I use Mahapadma (Forged Ice Tome) on the Faceless boss and it hits twice at 80%+. At BOTH times, the Boss' Counter skill triggers and kills me on the second hit.

If you're actually referring to how Counter works in Pokemon compared to Fire Emblem (and its many changes over the course of time), then I understand your frustration.

None should throw too much logic into Fire Emblem's mechanics.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

In Revelation chapter 17 (the one where, if you lose, you have to redo chapter 16), I had wiped out most of the map. Only the boss and three units on the south east of the map were still standing between me and victory. One Paladin was in the range of Camilla, who was really close to level up. The two other were a Cavalier and some turret guy. The Cavalier wasn't threatening, and I just disregarded the turret as a low damage thing, so Camilla didn't risk anything, even if they both hit her.

BUT. What I didn't see was that the turret was a god damn ballista. I can't believe I did such a dumb thing as putting a flying unit in the range of a ballista... So, yeah, Camilla took huge damage from it, and the cavalier was about to end her agony. 98% of hit, lethal. I was already prepared to reset the game, complaining about how dumb I am. And then, I just watched the Cavalier miss by some Arthur level of bad luck, and get killed by Camilla.

R.I.P Cavalier N°67, at least you tried.

So, yeah, before that, Camilla never struck me as an outstanding unit, she was surprisingly squishy in my Conquest playthrough. But, at that exact moment, I chose to never bench Camilla. NEVER. She's my RNG Goddess. She's now a fearsome Berserker, a complete beast who will never again be afraid of some dumbass with a bow. Well... Except if it's a Shining bow. *Sigh*

Still, when it comes to the Arena, I have the worst luck. Enemies with 55% hit will hit 3 out of 4 times, Sol always proc when it's useless... Only Ryoma seems to be immune to bad luck. That damn lucky lobster.

(Sorry for my roundabout way of writing and my shaky english.)

Edited by Krovarion

Conquest Chapter 8: 1% Crit by a Dark Mage on Arthur....he ALMOST died;

Conquest Chapter x: 7% Crit on Arthur (Again)

Conquest Arena: 4% Crit on Arthur (.........)

Several over 90% hit rates miss (98% being the higher)

Birthright chapter 26: Having cleared the entire map with my other units, and then proceeding to fight Xander with my avatar. Who did 19x2 damage to Xander whereas Xander did 16 damage to me. But Xander landed a 3% critical hit, killing me.

I redid the chapter and killed Xander in one turn, with dragon fang.

Two major ones that have happened

1) My avatar in my current Hoshido playthrough is a level 18 Nohr Princess, and has not gained a single point of res in all those level ups. Not one. She has 4 res at level 18. It's not even her flaw, she's +Str/-Lck

2) Grinding levels for lowbie characters on Boo Camp on my previous playthrough, I was using tougher units to weaken the faceless, they'd do a lot of damage, but not one-shot/double them so they wouldn't die. Xander misses a 95% hit chance, followed by Effie missing a 96% hit chance, followed by Leo triggering a 4% crit and killing the one I was trying to weaken

My luck on fleek: On Mitama's (Revelation) paralogue, My Camilla, who had Bowbreaker got one-shotted by this one Sniper when his hit percentage was at 11%. Had to rage reset.

If you're actually referring to how Counter works in Pokemon compared to Fire Emblem (and its many changes over the course of time), then I understand your frustration.

None should throw too much logic into Fire Emblem's mechanics.

Understood. I thought Counter was strictly physical just like how Counter only bounced back physical attacks. XD

So ... Yesterday i was getting though chapter 26 in Conquest some of you might agree with me when i say that chapter is a pain in the butt .... but moving on i was getting though it, after 5 try's i was able to defeat everything, the only guy left was Iago so i went attacked him with Camilla and took 90% of his health so to end in style i got corrin to deal the final blow and yeah the odds were good actually i had 20 dmg 98 accuracy and 12/13 crit iago had 70 accuracy and guess what i missed and i died it is one those moments that you want to throw you 3ds into the wall and then cry in the corner after that the salt is so real that i haven't played ever since ... xD

I once had a Hinata who gained five level ups in magic consecutively when I first promoted him to Swordmaster. It was sweet, but then I asked myself if I really needed that. Also Tsubaki dodging a Takumi 97% hit rate with his Fujin Yumi twice during PvP. I love these two, bless me more RNG.

Edited by Raguna

Few days ago i was doing Ch17 Conquest, and accidentally had left Elise in attack range of one of the Samurai reinforcements late in the map. She gets hit for 100%, but i was shocked to see she got away without being doubled. When my turn came around, i checked the stats. She had 18 speed, the enemy had 22. So i guess RNG decided to bless me with just enough +speed on level ups...