your fates RNG stories

The Good:

• Kaze consistently activates Luna and crits on the same hit about seven or eight times out of ten. He does one or the other nine times out of ten. (His crit chance typically hovers between 20%-30%.) And despite enemies having 50%-70% chance to hit him, he dodges probably nine times out of ten. gdi I love Kaze

• I waited way too late to do Shiro's paralogue, but he dodged two 91% hits in a row and survived long enough for Aunt Hinoka to come defend his ass until Ryoma got there.

• Most of my units could only do 8-11 damage to not!Ludveck in Vanguard Dawn. I bring in Takumi first, and he can only do 10 damage. BUT THEN he decides to activate a skill AND crit, for—wait for it—66 damage. not!Ludveck had 65 HP. He earned the hell out of that Aether scroll.

• Takumi in general, tbh. Anna must love him nearly as much as I do, bc he always pulls off RNG shenanigans exactly when he needs to.

The Bad:

• Leo missed on a 99% hit chance the other day and then got KO'd by 27% hit chance. Cue me flipping tables.

• Leo also seems to only activate Sol on the second hit, at which point the enemy has like 2 HP left and it's pointless. Leo, babe, I love you, but come on.

• Hinoka got a crit and OHKO'd Takumi with a Pine Branch in Beach Brawl. I can't remember the percentages, but I know her crit chance was hella low. I was so salty.

• In a third arena match, Xander and Charlotte went up against... something magic-based, idk. The main unit (who could double Xander) and partner had JUST ENOUGH atk to bring Xander down to exactly zero HP, but their hit rates were trash. Xander had a 90-something% hit rate and like a 30% crit rate, and he and Charlotte could have taken out the enemy before it killed him. HE MISSED. Charlotte got a crit, but it came up 1 HP short of killing the enemy, I shit you not. And then the enemy and partner hit Xander all three times and KO'd him. Lost all that ore. UGH.

• My Camilla has Bowbreaker, but still got hit and killed by a bow-using unit with a 14% hit chance.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind. The RNG in this game is nuts.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good:

• Kaze consistently activates Luna and crits on the same hit about seven or eight times out of ten. He does one or the other nine times out of ten. (His crit chance typically hovers between 20%-30%.) And despite enemies having 50%-70% chance to hit him, he dodges probably nine times out of ten. gdi I love Kaze

• I waited way too late to do Shiro's paralogue, but he dodged two 91% hits in a row and survived long enough for Aunt Hinoka to come defend his ass until Ryoma got there.

• Most of my units could only do 8-11 damage to not!Ludveck in Vanguard Dawn. I bring in Takumi first, and he can only do 10 damage. BUT THEN he decides to activate a skill AND crit, for—wait for it—66 damage. not!Ludveck had 65 HP. He earned the hell out of that Aether scroll.

• Takumi in general, tbh. Anna must love him nearly as much as I do, bc he always pulls off RNG shenanigans exactly when he needs to.

The Bad:

• Leo missed on a 99% hit chance the other day and then got KO'd by 27% hit chance. Cue me flipping tables.

• Leo also seems to only activate Sol on the second hit, at which point the enemy has like 2 HP left and it's pointless. Leo, babe, I love you, but come on.

• Hinoka got a crit and OHKO'd Takumi with a Pine Branch in Beach Brawl. I can't remember the percentages, but I know her crit chance was hella low. I was so salty.

• In a third arena match, Xander and Charlotte went up against... something magic-based, idk. The main unit (who could double Xander) and partner had JUST ENOUGH atk to bring Xander down to exactly zero HP, but their hit rates were trash. Xander had a 90-something% hit rate and like a 30% crit rate, and he and Charlotte could have taken out the enemy before it killed him. HE MISSED. Charlotte got a crit, but it came up 1 HP short of killing the enemy, I shit you not. And then the enemy and partner hit Xander all three times and KO'd him. Lost all that ore. UGH.

• My Camilla has Bowbreaker, but still got hit and killed by a bow-using unit with a 14% hit chance.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind. The RNG in this game is nuts.

Leo missed the opponent with...a 99% Hit Rate!? How, just how does RNG give someone that much bad luck. Oh, another one from me doing Shiro's Paralogue really late, random 'Zerker comes up and fights my Selena and only has a 2% Hit Rate and a 5% Critical-Hit chance...and promptly KO's her in one hit from full HP with a random critical-hit out of nowhere.

Hisame surviving an entire map with around 1 hp.

Leo pulled a crit out on Anakos and he survived that. Forrest followed up for a crit and killed him.

Azama's Hexing Rod on Conquest 24 hit Ignatius on his first try. Azama then missed twice against Jakob.

The kicker? Jakob is something like 20/6 while Ignatius is 20/16. Despite the Hexing Rod, Iggy still managed to solo the map, even eating a Luna from Hinoka, and living to tell about it (with 1 HP).

Dang, everyone seems to have great luck with Takumi's RNG

Because I almost benched him after his sloppy performance in Birthright Chapter 14

The plan:

• Have Hinoka pair up with Sakura to bait Camilla out and tank any magic she might throw at them
  • Have Takumi one-shot Camilla out of the sky with the Fujin Yumi

Seems fair enough, right? Well...

• Takumi attempts an attack with Hinoka as a supportive attack unit, he has a 95% hit rate, Hinoka only has 70-something%
  • Takumi misses, Hinoka hits (doing minor damage), and Takumi also takes a hit from Camilla
  • I have Hinoka turn around and try to swat Camilla herself, with Takumi as a backup unit (who, again has a 95% hit rate and misses again)
  • I then send Azura to dance on Takumi and have Azama patch the boy up so he can try again, this time with Rinkah
  • Takumi has a 95% hit rate and Rinkah's was something like 50
  • Of course, Takumi misses and Rinkah hits (again, with minor damage)

I gave up on using Takumi for the map and just let Mozu do the dirty work taking out the fliers.

The Trolly (Like The Bad, But No One Dies)

• Jakob missed a 96 on an Archer (the one paired with the Samurai) in C3. On EP, they swapped to the Samurai and doubled Jakob, leaving him with 1 HP.
  • Missed the Conquest 14 boss on a 50. Hit the 20 during EP.
  • Practicing Conquest Endgame strats, I missed a 97% Silence.
  • On Conquest 22, out of 7 non-Dual Guarded attacks made against the left-side turret Mechanist, 6 of them missed. They were all 79s and that was following a 72 miss two turns prior.

The Bad

• On my first streamed attempt of a non-cheese strat for Conquest Endgame, Xander failed to kill a key Paladin with the Hunter's Knife. In order for this to happen, the Paladin had to proc Aegis on both attacks (28% per proc), Xander had to fail to crit both attacks (~20% Crit per attack), as well as failing to Lethality on both attacks (8% per attack). This works out to roughly a 4.25% chance of failure. The end result being the Paladin blocked the map's gimmick, Xander took extra damage and then died.

The Good

• On Conquest 14, I got a little pincered by the fliers and I was forced to have Jakob without a defensive pair in order to protect everyone else. I knew he'd survive combat with both fliers with 1 HP left and them severely wounded thanks to Corrin being his attack stance partner. Jakob then proceeded to proc two back-to-back crits at something like 6% and 7%. I didn't need the crits, but it took the situation from barely manageable to be me being in a clearly superior position.
  • On Conquest 23, I'm down to the boss, who has a stupid amount of Avoid. I landed something like a 48% Freeze attempt (after whiffing a ~56% Freeze, mind) to secure a nearly surefire hit rate for my Corrin. Then I got a Dragon Fang to really rub it in the boss's face.
  • On Conquest Endgame, two of the Great Masters tried to Hex and Enfeeble poor Kana. He dodged both while thumbing his nose. I didn't get to see the hit rates because I was on map animations only, but it's very non-trivial. Kana is the only one in my entire army who has ever dodged either staff during that chapter (granted, if I'm being fair, all my 30+ Res units just don't get targeted, but still).

it was release day. I was happily playing through Chapter 3, falling more & more in love with Jakob & the Butler Class animations. I sent him in to battle against a pathetic Hoshidan soldier. Jakob would take him out with no problems...

he missed with a 98%

& that was the moment I realized that the hit rate in this game means nothing unless it's a 0% or 100%

at least I was exposed to this early on???

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the other day I was playing Velour map, I sent Siegbert, who has Tomebreaker, to kill the mages, there only left 6 enemys and Sieg go for a Dark Mage with a 6% of hit chance and 12 of damage, and he has like 10 or less points of life and a 100% of hit and kill that guy... He was killed so start+L+R.

I laugh so hard

Here I am playing Hoshido chapter 25

I send the Lobster to attack the boss

Iago has a 26% chance to hit him and a 36% chance to activate Vengeance on his attack

Lo and behold

Vengeance and hit

I was salty

It dealt enough damage to one shot Sir Lobster

Just now, chapter 19 of Revelations. Charlotte attacking an enemy with 100% crit, but not landing a critical.

I always thought crits would over-ride hit but apparently not? Or the RNG is broke as hell. Either way I was pissed.

Just now, chapter 19 of Revelations. Charlotte attacking an enemy with 100% crit, but not landing a critical.

I always thought crits would over-ride hit but apparently not? Or the RNG is broke as hell. Either way I was pissed.

I think you need to have at least 1% Hit Rate to be able to hit your target as100% Critical doesn't mean anything if you have 0% Hit Rate on your enemy. Then again I don't know what your Hit Rate was. If you had a chance of hitting your target (>/=1% Hit Rate) then your frustration makes sense. Hit Rate is checked before critical-hits from everything I see in my save files, you're not critical-hitting if you can't even hit your enemy.

Was doing white flames (1st of revelation's two part mission)

Get to the zerkers up north.

They don't move unless something is in attack range.

Figure I'll bait using avatar as great lord.

17% chance to be hit 7% chance to be crit.

Got critted.

Reset.

Used lobster lord this time.

13% chance to be hit. 7% chance to be crit.

Got critted.

Literally two times in a row.

Ranted my friend's ear off on why enemies shouldn't be allowed to crit, and should never have killer weapons for at least 20 minutes.

Fk this game.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

Just now.

13% chance to be hit, 5% chance to be crit by one of the zerker clones on Anna's dlc map. Got critted.

I swear there is something very wrong with berserkers hit/crit rates in this fking game that the numbers aren't telling me. Is there a known bug about this crap?

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

I was playing a mid-late game Revelation map. I was too reckless with Kagero and some enemies surrounded her. An enemy went in for a fatal blow at 73%, but it missed. Another enemy went in for a fatal blow at 75%, and I sighed and cursed my lack of caution, but that attack missed too. I was feeling pretty good about myself and vowed to play carefully to not waste my good fortune. Near the end of the level I sent Kamui out to tank a mage. I didn't realize the mage had Dragon God but my Dread Fighter Kamui had enough res to tank it as long as it didn't crit. It did. At 6%.

So I restarted and sent Shara (Oni Chieftan) to tank some Lancers. They critted with steel weapons so I had to reset. This happened twice.

Silas missed a 95% which resulted in a reset as the enemy ended up killing one of my characters in revelations.

MU killed Kotaro with a 30% or less hit rate 6% crit in Conquest Chapter 17, that crit saved me a reset.

I don't know if this counts, but I had weird instances of Odin getting RNG-screwed and Nyx blessed, then vice versa on the next playthrough. Go figure.

Royal Royale Elise missed a 93% and fucked my entire run because she died and I had nobody to freeze/DV Ryoma's team

thanks Elise, don't give me my Ebon Wings.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Currently doing a painful Conquest generic draft. I'd aggro'd way too many things, and ending the map ASAP was my only option. Nora the Master Ninja pulled a Lethality out of who-knows-where on the first hit against Fuga.

Run = saved.