your fates RNG stories

Well, the other day I was playing Velour map, I sent Siegbert, who has Tomebreaker, to kill the mages, there only left 6 enemys and Sieg go for a Dark Mage with a 6% of hit chance and 12 of damage, and he has like 10 or less points of life and a 100% of hit and kill that guy... He was killed so start+L+R.

I laugh so hard

This is why I do casual challenge in this game: so the RNG doesn't force me to completely do over the entire map.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Orders in revelations.

Freshly recruited level 9 arthur.

Go to arena in my castle.

Arthur is there.

Already thinking this won't go well because axes.

Has to fight a merc. 50% chance to hit, 1% chance to crit.

/facepalm

Suddenly, 'Justice strikes!'

Lunatic playthrough. Decide to feed severa levels on rainbow sage's map.

She gains three levels.

1st level was 1 point in luck

2nd level was 1 point in strength

3rd level was 1 point in def

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

I think you need to have at least 1% Hit Rate to be able to hit your target as100% Critical doesn't mean anything if you have 0% Hit Rate on your enemy. Then again I don't know what your Hit Rate was. If you had a chance of hitting your target (>/=1% Hit Rate) then your frustration makes sense. Hit Rate is checked before critical-hits from everything I see in my save files, you're not critical-hitting if you can't even hit your enemy.

I think she had 12% hit. Enemy was on a throne (boss)

I think she had 12% hit. Enemy was on a throne (boss)

Well, I've seen the likes of Charlotte having a 90% Hit Rate and 100% Crit Rate on my Xander and only hit him, never crit him. I'm so happy that she wasn't able to crit any of my units or else I would have lost at least 60% of my online team to Berserker Charlottes.

Also...not liking how RNG decides to let enemies with < 5% Hit Rate and 5% Critical-Hit crit you when your units really can't afford to take another hit without being healed. *grumbles about how a random Sniper hit Caeldori with a 3% Hit Rate even when the latter had Bow Breaker equipped*

My friend, Josh, played my copy of the game. He got to chapter 5 Hard mode and failed it about 6 times. Each time was due to all of the characters getting a billion misses and then being killed.

On one run, Ryoma attacked the hooded dude only once and was killed. Josh walks up to him with his MU and can't kill him.

He spent 3 hours on this chapter and still hasn't beaten it.

Also, the Flora chapter on Birthright. I got to Flora and thought, "Oh boy, let's make Felicia kill her ;)" So Felicia has a guaranteed kill if both 90-somethin'% attacks hit. But Flora has a 1% crit. Felicia hits, Flora crits, Felicia has trouble.

Edited by SuperDude1546

My friend, Josh, played my copy of the game. He got to chapter 5 Hard mode and failed it about 6 times. Each time was due to all of the characters getting a billion misses and then being killed.

On one run, Ryoma attacked the hooded dude only once and was killed. Josh walks up to him with his MU and can't kill him.

He spent 3 hours on this chapter and still hasn't beaten it.

Also, the Flora chapter on Birthright. I got to Flora and thought, "Oh boy, let's make Felicia kill her ;)" So Felicia has a guaranteed kill if both 90-somethin'% attacks hit. But Flora has a 1% crit. Felicia hits, Flora crits, Felicia has trouble.

Even with Sakura within Bloom Festival range? Her personal skill absorbs some damage, so the only way it's impossible IMO is if she's out of staves, or if Corrin is OHKO'd.

The other insane option is to dance grind Azura up until she can hit the boss and survive.

EDIT: Oh, and if Sakura's out of staves, have Corrin move out of the boss' range, and have Azura's passive heal him/her up. Meanwhile, continue the dance grind. Good luck~!

Edited by eclipse

Even with Sakura within Bloom Festival range? Her personal skill absorbs some damage, so the only way it's impossible IMO is if she's out of staves, or if Corrin is OHKO'd.

The other insane option is to dance grind Azura up until she can hit the boss and survive.

EDIT: Oh, and if Sakura's out of staves, have Corrin move out of the boss' range, and have Azura's passive heal him/her up. Meanwhile, continue the dance grind. Good luck~!

won't those reinforcements be causing problems though?

not to mention no matter what you do with Azura her HP growth is so bad if she misses you wasted all of that time

Edited by Captain Karnage

won't those reinforcements be causing problems though?

not to mention no matter what you do with Azura her HP growth is so bad if she misses you wasted all of that time

Nope. After a certain amount of time, the reinforcements stop. And even if they didn't, have Kaze paired with. . .someone to build up the dual strike gauge, and have him shoot a shuriken at the boss (on EP). That'll drop the boss' defenses, which should make it a little easier to kill him.

Ok, since I've finished my Lunatic/Classic Path runs last month (which CQ and RV gave me some really nasty nightmares about still *shudders*) I'm doing my Hard/Casual runs to patch up the missing supports...

Where RNG was cursing me or I literally failed to think in time:

*CQ Chapter 19: Letting my units get surrounded after failing to realize that those illusions can't be harmed forcing me restart that chapter so I don't get trapped.

*CQ Chapter Endgame: Losing Midori, Arthur, Leo and Siegbert just trying to get all my units to Takumi while not entering his attack range. Only for Possessed! Takumi (and his clone) to OTKO Camilla (enemy turn) and Soleil (my turn) who are the lead units of their respective pairs after the latter fails to KO main Takumi with a 94% Hit Rate.

*RV Chapter 11: I don't know if it's harder to keep fragile Orochi alive or if to keep my Oboro (main tank) alive from not being debuffed by Ninja spam.

*RV Chapter 13: Xander wasn't that hard, although damaging that Paladin was no easy task. Ryoma on the other hand makes me shudder...those crits and more crits coming from ally attacker Scarlet. I had to solely rely on Takumi not getting KO'd by either of them just to get a fighting chance.

*RV Chapter 17: Outside of Xander and Leo being a saving grace. Ryoma failed to dodge 30% Hit Rates from Generals 4 times (that's failing to dodge two enemy General attacks per enemy turn) in a row forcing my Elise to heal him (so he wouldn't get defeated forcing me to lose a very crucial fighter in the process) each time preventing her from getting some good exp. gain by defeating some of those enemies.

*RV Chapter 25: Read my story about Xander failing to hit any of those enemy Elite Ninjas with a 60% Hit Rate on the first enemy turn then having to eat a Rend Heaven from an enemy Basara while debuffed by said Ninjas before being able to land his first hit of the day (Screw you Xander I needed you to weaken the boss so Selkie could become a Lvl 6 Nine-Tails) somewhere on Fates' Forums. I think that story is on this thread.

*RV Chapter 26: My complete failure recapped. I got so happy to open those chests that I ignored the warnings about using those DVs to slow down/stop enemy reinforcements from showing up. End result is no deaths/defeats but having drained a lot of Concoctions and Staves/Rods since I had unintentionally handicapped my units by giving the enemies a better chance of hitting them due to Quixotic being on 90% of my team.

*RV Chapter Endgame: Intentional first failure but not the second.

First attempt: Leeroy K (Kamui). Jenkins wants to battle you. That strategy didn't go out well at all.
Second Strategy: Foe Anakos has appeared! Player sends out Royal Siblings! It's super effective! (Note: With Repli-Attack/Heal utilities in play I was able to keep everyone save Kamui near 60% HP at the least...until Kamui ate an attack that defeated her after she failed to trigger Dragon Fang on time.)

- Hinata Astra-ing 5 units in a row, leaving said 5 units dead as door-nails. Bless him. He is like, the Astra king.

- Shigure dodging and Critting 3 units in a row. All axe-wielding, death-guaranteed hits. Thank you, RNGoddess.

- Out of boredom, I paired Hana up with Hinata on a paralogue map (not sure which, it was quite some time ago). They killed everyone and dodged everything.

- Swordmaster Caeldori VS Master of Arms. The lovely MoA managed a hit with 11%, leaving Caeldori with 4HP. Luckily, Astra activated.

- In an experimental wireless battle, everyone on my team except Nina and Mitama were dead. Enemy attacks Nina - okay, sure. And then, Rend Heaven activates and she crits, killing the enemy.

Random stuff

- Enemy getting in that 14% crit on Siegbert.

- Subaki critting often despite really low crit rates (I don't understand how he works as a unit. How on earth...?)

- Jakob missing a 98% hit

I'm pretty sure there's others.. Can't recall.

other day I was grinding at boo camp, had double 96% hit rate with attacking partner at 91%. guess what, ALL 3 attacks missed.

fortunately I had backup and it wasn't that important in the grand scheme of things, but I was still stunned for a second (if we were to take those hit rates at face value, it would be a .0144% occurrence)

Arena, Birthright. Hana, Swordmaster. She activates Astra and scores 5 consecutive hits. Enemy is left with 1HP. Enemy activates critical, OHKO. >mfw

Not sure if someone told a similar story, but...

Revelations, chapter 9 (Wind Tribe level) on Lunatic Classic; after several late-turn restarts (mostly 'cuz I was trying to grind for my weaker units), I was getting quite fed up. So I get to Fuga (no one else is on the map) and I try to chip him down so that he has very little health (which only makes it more difficult for weaker units to grind off him, now that I think about it). So I sent Rinkah to attack him with a 15% hit rate that, if landed, would finish him off (there was no risk of losing Rinkah, so I figured "why not"). Lo and behold, that crazy mother actually landed the blow and got a fairly decent level.

On a similar note, that same run, Mozu's first level had her gain every stat except HP and magic. It was genuinely a good run, and the next chapter went off without a hitch.

• 4 weeks later...

So my sister got me a Marth Amiibo for my birthday last year for use in Code Name S.T.E.A.M. and Smash. I remembered after I bought Fates that it worked with said Amiibo, so I scanned Mr. Stabby in. After I recruited him, despite the fact that the game says he has around a 25% crit rate, he gets crits around 70% of the time. Mr. Stabby the crit king everyone. Maybe the RNG just likes me, cause a few chapters later, Hinoka got 4 1% crits in a row.

I was stupid enough to think that Ryoma could dodge a 26% hit from Xander on Chapter 6 on Birthright... oh, how wrong I was.

Once Hana passed level 10, she became the crit queen. (I love how, as a swordmaster, her crit animation involves her kicking enemies in the balls/shins, before striking them down. Double the pain means double the gain, I guess.)

Corrin activated Dragon Fang four times in a row: Once on Beruka, Twice on Camilla and once more on Selena. All three of them were mangled corpses afterwards.

Oh yeah! And Takumi got critted twice in a row as well! By an enemy with a 33% chance to hit and a 1% chance to crit. Stupid Ninjas...

Also, Felicia can't dodge, even if her life depends on it.

Selkie is the queen of surivival. She once reached 1HP and no one ever got a hit on her ever again. And I couldn't heal her, because Felicia was dead (playing on Casual) and Sakura was on the opposite side of the map. I don't know how she did it, but I'm glad she did. Because Selkie's a badass.

And then there's Azura's screwed stat growths... oh my... three levels, I kid you not, without ANY gain to her stats. NONE!

On my bithright lunatic classic run I'm currently doing:

Mfw Takumi misses at 95% and a berserker scores a hit on Ryoma at 15%. You guys disappoint me greatly...

Also all those times when you misplace a weaker character but still has a good chance to dodge but gets killed instead forcing me reset...

Hana had 4%, 5%, 5%, 5%, 5% chances to crit in 5 consecutive fights. She crit in each fight.

Unless I suck at math... the chances of that happening was .000025%

Sorcerer attacking from stairs on lunatic revelations. Frozen sea chapter. Kaze double attacks for counter. 92% chance to hit each one. Misses each one. Chances of that happening: 0.64%

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Conquest Hard Endgame chapter and could not beat it for the life of me. I think I was on my 5th try and I was about to give up since I ran out of Rescue Staves and could not get to Takumi without dying. I finally found a way to get Avatar to him on the 2nd turn (spend first turn moving paired Avatar as close as possible without entering enemy range and Azura next to him). 2nd turn, moved him as far down as possible, used Azura to dance him, then MU moved all the way down to Takumi (had to have Pass). He has 65HP and my strongest weapon (Crescent Bow+1) hits 4 times at 15 damage each. By the 4th hit, Takumi also gets full guard so I needed to take him out in 3 hits. Dragon Fang activates all 3 times for 22dmg per hit and I finally finish the game.

Also, I was on Chapter 6 Lunatic Birthright. I chose to attack Xander with Ryoma first just to see how much damage I do. I land a 1% Crit on Xander and win the Chapter in 1 round.

My +spd/-luck Corrin on Conquest got stuck with 12 strength from Chapter 6 to Chapter 15 (levels 9-20). His promotion into Nohr Noble then seemed to re-jigger his growths, and by late-game he had a respectable amount of strength.

The same Corrin on Birthright ended up capping strength at level 18 during Chapter 26.

It's time like these where I wish there was a fixed growths option.

Oh. I legit missed a 99% once. I know no one is going to believe me, but I did.

I think I also get hit by two attacks (Cause, y'know, Attack Stance) around 30% pretty often. And... miss two 60ishs beforehand on the same turn. I do firmly remember this happening in an Arena battle.

1 stat growths. Like, extremely often, no matter what game, even Awakening with it's inflated growths. It's why I basically benched Hector and Eliwood in my HNM run.

I've gotten hit by a few ~2% crits. Not too many, just a few.

The RNG of Fire Emblem honestly hates me. It doesn't matter what game, what... anything, I always seem to get 1 stat levels, hit by low percentages etc. I know it's part of Fire Emblem, and it's part of the reason I love the series, but it still does get on my nerves when it ALWAYS happens.