100. What would you if you read that this thread is going to have 100 more of this kind of question?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely be appreciating the scenery first thing

after a bit though I'd start focusing on how to get out and hopefully survive and avoid any dangerous plants/animals

gank

You'd turn a family member in to the police for doing drugs??

What the fuck????

self-righteousness is a hell of a drug Edited by Tryhard

For consoles, i buy them when there's a game i really, really want (like bloodborne alone made me get a ps4) or a bunch of games i want

I always want the latest iphone, but i manage to control myself and only get the newest one when i feel like mine is already too old. Like, i still have a 5s, but i'll probably get a 7

I don't really pay attention to new computers, and just get a new one when mine is getting too old and slow

Relevancy to me is key, if it doesn't interest me, it doesn't matter.

Though, no, I do not buy new things on launch, even if it is relevant to my interests.

Edited by Soledai

I buy computers on a 4-5 year set rotation, like there's a new macbook pro coming out soon but eh, my laptop's only a year old there's no reason for me to get another very expensive computer when it runs perfectly fine and is the fastest computer in the house. I mean, were someone to buy it for me I do like free shit, but I'd be confused as to what to do with 3 computers, i can't just make the brand new computer with better specs than both my other ones be the server or something

Phones, I have one fairly cheap smartphone as far as planless smartphones go, now that i landed a full time job i'll upgrade bc it's slow as fuck---or well, in 6 months, apparently the new nexus is coming out

i'll probably look into other cool new tech and see if they're worth getting at least---I mean, I do work in tech, so tech itself is always interesting, but i also haven't had much money until the last year of my life, so i don't like spending too much. If I don't have a use for it, or if its use can be entirely replicated by my laptop, I probably won't get it.

Unless I want to code for it.

I only buy Nintendo stuff and iPhones when my contract expires

As for computers ive had mine for like 7 million years and it still works reaaaally well so I don't know about that

For Nintendo Consoles: Normally buy soon as something that interests me starts coming.

For iOS devices: I literally didn't get a new one until the screen on my old one totally borked lol.

uhhhhh I'm not one of those people who minds new things if that's the intent of the question

otherwise yeah it depends on how relevant it is to me and it depends on if I can afford it well enough or not

it all depends on if I think it's worth it (and if I'm even capable of getting it)

there are often new technical products on the market

i buy them if they are something that interests me and the price is ok

that is the extent of my thoughts

When it's things like phones and computers, I only buy new things when what I currently have breaks down. But even when I buy something new, I don't usually go for the latest technology; somewhat older stuff is usually cheaper.

When it's stuff like gaming consoles, I buy them when I need them to play the games I want to play.

Not the kind of person who buys the latest iphone something. (I mean, it's a friggin phone I don't get it why somebody would wait at the release date to buy the newest version early at full price)

So:

Relevancy to me is key, if it doesn't interest me, it doesn't matter.

Edited by Naughx