100. What would you if you read that this thread is going to have 100 more of this kind of question?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends actually. Sometimes i see the same guy who always makes a smiley face out of pennies he gathers. He always gets my change. If they invade my personal space bubble, they do not get my change, and have me saying "im sorry but i dont have any." Do not invade my personal space bubble, otherwise you get no change.

If i have no change, im honest and say i dont have change.

Don't give him/her money, I don't want them to use it for drugs/alcohol...

Maybe give them some food and/or clothes. (Canned food if there is a shop close)

-

Many beggars are there because they've health issues/addiction problems, so giving them money directly won't help them at all.

Edited by Naughx

Depends, honestly. I'm likely to give money to buskers, usually give money to passive people with signs (and dogs), but if I get approached it's usually the "ahh sorry mate I've not got any change on me" sympathetic brushoff. Mostly because if you get a sob story they usually, sad to say, are a load of bullshit. I had one guy approach me twice in the space of two hours in different locations offering different accounts of why he needed money!

I usually say no, I don't have any change.

The money I do have is for my alcohol, not theirs.

Edited by Raven

I usually ask them if they need me to buy anything for them or their family. From there I would buy them a meal or stuff they might need for their children like diapers, formula etc etc

you mean like everyday?

if its not on the train, its on the streets. some of them approach me when im sitting on the benches in a park. i usually dont give.

Depends actually. Sometimes i see the same guy who always makes a smiley face out of pennies he gathers. He always gets my change. If they invade my personal space bubble, they do not get my change, and have me saying "im sorry but i dont have any." Do not invade my personal space bubble, otherwise you get no change.

If i have no change, im honest and say i dont have change.

Same.

Depends, honestly. I'm likely to give money to buskers, usually give money to passive people with signs (and dogs), but if I get approached it's usually the "ahh sorry mate I've not got any change on me" sympathetic brushoff. Mostly because if you get a sob story they usually, sad to say, are a load of bullshit. I had one guy approach me twice in the space of two hours in different locations offering different accounts of why he needed money!

Wow, this is exactly what I think