Most annoying/brutal chapters in each route?

Chapter 5 Lunatic mode because of the mages and ninjas with no defensive people to take all the damage without sacifice.

Chapter 5 doesn't have ninjas.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birthright: chapter 23 gives me nightmares to this day. Do not do the same as me and try to ltc it without ryoma. Also can confirm npc effie arthur does nothing storywise. Chapter 25 was also annoying first run since i didnt cheese it with rescue and got all the chests. Now i just rescue hinoka carrying str corrin to iago and boom. Reinforcements dont even get to catch up haha. C24 was also annoying first run but its easy to 1 turn with just 1 rescue.

Conquest: chapter 10 is fuuun but it is very unforgiving. One mistake is a reset. I feel like the only fe player that doesnt mind chapter 17 or 20. Chapter 17 is probably because i just throw op wyverns (camilla and percy) at ninjas and they cant do anything. And chapter 20 because i beat it in like my 2nd try. Its not that hard to account for the wind. Though i hate hayato so much, he makes you respect that green staff zone too much. Worst chapter in all fe series to me is final of conquest. This chapter is duuuuuumb.

Revelations: uh no chapter gave me issues. Imo this is way easier than birthright. Hands you so many op units.

I have not been having fun with Conquest Endgame. Until that point I had been playing straight through the campaign, with the exception of a couple paralogues. After a couple good tries, I don't see any clear solution or way around this chapter. Looks like I'll finally have a chance to test out my DLC.

Conquest: Chapter 10 is my favorite its glorious. Defend chapters have always been my favorite.

Chapter 28 was annoying as hell.

Revelations: None really they're all just slow. Except now knowing that I can get boots makes me want to go try that map again. (Am I the only one that didn't trust her and opened the blue door anyway?)

Paralogues: Iggy's. Tried that map soooo many times.

I just rescue Shiro.

Haven't played Birthright.

I have not been having fun with Conquest Endgame. Until that point I had been playing straight through the campaign, with the exception of a couple paralogues. After a couple good tries, I don't see any clear solution or way around this chapter. Looks like I'll finally have a chance to test out my DLC.

Yeah there really is no reliable way to do this without rescue uses. In my first run i had spent all of the uses elsewhere and i had an op team. Tried to do it for ages testing out different strats to no avail. I ended up giving up and going for a 5 turn letting them kill off some of my units as a distraction so pally corrin could reach takumi because it was just too dumb. At least from my actual team only camilla died and i resurrected her anyway. Rip sophie silas kana though.

I'm anal as fuck for first runs so I refused to do it with losses--feeding corn enough extra exp (from the chapter 26 eternal seal) to hit almost ORKO thresholds on the final boss (she didn't even hit it tbh, but Dragon Fang proc'd) was pretty unpleasant. I don't really want to do that chapter the long way like, ever.

Revelations: uh no chapter gave me issues. Imo this is way easier than birthright. Hands you so many op units.

Oh good, I thought I was nuts considering this is also how I felt and everyone else kept on saying Rev is harder. I feel like BR lategame at least make you figure out the easy way out, where Rev every way is the easy way out.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Birthright: chapter 23 gives me nightmares to this day. Do not do the same as me and try to ltc it without ryoma. Also can confirm npc effie arthur does nothing storywise.

Huh. At the least, it's two enemies I'd rather not engage out of my hair. Anyways, I guess I'm the only one who got that chapter done fairly quick without Ryoma. Which surprised me since I was expecting to have to turtle it up.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Huh. At the least, it's two enemies I'd rather not engage out of my hair. Anyways, I guess I'm the only one who got that chapter done fairly quick without Ryoma.

what difficulty are you playing on

Hard

I haven't played hard so I can't compare the two, but it's quite a map without Ryoma (or a specifically trained Ryoma-replacement like SuperSaizo who takes more planning) on Lunatic. I /think/ stats are a bit higher and there's a shitton more enemies? like, enemy density is the one thing I hear about BR Lunatic that was raised from Hard.

I mean, I didn't make him solo it (I actually started doing that around 24) but that's when I really feel I should just make him start doing heavy lifting to make my life easier, whereas prior to that I basically let him feed off bosskills to keep his levels high for emergency purposes but didn't really need to rely on him.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I haven't played hard so I can't compare the two, but it's quite a map without Ryoma (or a specifically trained Ryoma-replacement like SuperSaizo who takes more planning) on Lunatic. I /think/ stats are a bit higher and there's a shitton more enemies? like, enemy density is the one thing I hear about BR Lunatic that was raised from Hard.

I mean, I didn't make him solo it (I actually started doing that around 24) but that's when I really feel I should just make him start doing heavy lifting to make my life easier, whereas prior to that I basically let him feed off bosskills to keep his levels high for emergency purposes but didn't really need to rely on him.

Pretty much any reasonably bulky/Powerful vantage 1-2 can casually stroll through lategame BR with special shoutouts to Silias, Felecia, Sophie, and whoever corin marries+their kid for sol vantage shenanigans.

But yeah Ryoma is super free.

@ Rev underlevel wow: Corin+Jakob+Kana+Dwyer+Early parents x2+kid+Xander+Ryoma+Camilia+staffbots.

You have now hit deployment cap nogrind using 0 under leveled or weak units in a game that force feeds you exp.

Edited by joshcja

I'm anal as fuck for first runs so I refused to do it with losses--feeding corn enough extra exp (from the chapter 26 eternal seal) to hit almost ORKO thresholds on the final boss (she didn't even hit it tbh, but Dragon Fang proc'd) was pretty unpleasant. I don't really want to do that chapter the long way like, ever.

Oh good, I thought I was nuts considering this is also how I felt and everyone else kept on saying Rev is harder. I feel like BR lategame at least make you figure out the easy way out, where Rev every way is the easy way out.

Outside of Corrin/Kamui...only problem is that mostly the older royal siblings (Ryoma and Xander) and Scarlet in Revelations can really help upon being recruited and heading into chapters without grinding to level up everyone else. Camilla and Leo are ok but Leo's Defense/Resistance and Speed upon recruitment is a bit shaky, same could be said for Camilla regarding her Luck Growth and stat cap. In Revelations, the levels of those you recruit tend to be low and they also tend to have poor stats even in mid-late game (ignoring children that you get past Chapter 17 and the above-mentioned characters [Ryoma, Xander, Scarlet, Leo and Camilla]).

I banned ryoma in my 2nd playthrough. Hes that godlike lol. Hinoka carried me pretty hard too though since it was ltc. Ch24 is an easy 1 turn with rescue so i didnt miss ryoma. Only chapter i was screaming ryoma save me was in ch23...oh and ch27 with those berserkers.

I banned ryoma in my 2nd playthrough. Hes that godlike lol. Hinoka carried me pretty hard too though since it was ltc. Ch24 is an easy 1 turn with rescue so i didnt miss ryoma. Only chapter i was screaming ryoma save me was in ch23...oh and ch27 with those berserkers.

The fucker's my favorite character so I can't see myself not using him from a character perspective---but I might ban him from equipping Raijinto for some future runs. Maybe even reclass to Falco if I have an extra arm scroll or something.

...rescue is still E rank, so he'll still be useful regardless.

Outside of Corrin/Kamui...only problem is that mostly the older royal siblings (Ryoma and Xander) and Scarlet in Revelations can really help upon being recruited and heading into chapters without grinding to level up everyone else. Camilla and Leo are ok but Leo's Defense/Resistance and Speed upon recruitment is a bit shaky, same could be said for Camilla regarding her Luck Growth and stat cap. In Revelations, the levels of those you recruit tend to be low and they also tend to have poor stats even in mid-late game (ignoring children that you get past Chapter 17 and the above-mentioned characters [Ryoma, Xander, Scarlet, Leo and Camilla]).

Look man I made Berserker!Rinkah my best unit (ryoma aside) every time in no grind, Rev character balance is awful but it doesn't really make the actual game hard, and the characters you get early on aren't that hard to train if you know what you're doing with them

earlygame characters can be fixed pretty easily with tonics since stat scaling isn't super high then. Midgame scrubs can just be shoved into guard stance to keep them out of trouble.

Maybe I'll favor Charlotte one day, though. I've been meaning to but I find her bases harder to work with than Rinkah, tbh. Girl gets too much flak.

Although, I've meaning to go the other way and make Ryoma more broken and get him Sol or something--I tried doing that in rev but he joins too late so I didn't actually get Sol on him until pretty late and didn't get to pass him much. I might do it again on BR because all the routs make it more useful and he comes 2 chapters earlier without a 2-parter chapter anyway.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I have only played Conquest. The only chapter I hate with invigorating hate is Endgame. It's just so stupid you can't save and have a proper prep. The chapter is easy once you kill the paired up mounts and the annoying ninjas, because Faceless are dumb. I beat this chapter by stalling lol.

Chapter 10 is very punishing but it's ok.

Chapter 13 is easy and I love the wreckage there.

The royal's chapters are fine, my only issue is LUNGE RYOMA CHAPTER. I had to beat it quickly because Spy Yumi LUNGE IS NOT FUN. This chapter can burn in hell and I like Ryoma.

Wind Tribe chapter, Kitsune Lair and Ninja Cave might bring up some trouble but are fine.

Also, 26 is easy as fuck. Just throw Mjolnir Vantage Astra Ophelia and sit down watching the show.

Huh. Yeah, I can expect it to kick my ass on Lunatic if the enemy density is that high. Anyways, I got caught off guard by the Dragon Vein's side effect of clearing terrain obstructions.

Birthright:

Birthright was mostly a smooth sail for me, but the chapter with the Stoneborn that attack from five spaces away was annoying, Chapter 23 Camilla was also annoying. The only chapter I would say I had a hard time during was the Iago one since enemies had Entrap but I got used to it quickly.

Conquest:

It was overall tough but never annoying, the challenges were engaging and overcoming them was rewarding. There are exceptions to annoying chapters however, Winds of Change was annoying for quite a bit of tries but it was fine after I learned the pattern, and Chapter 25 was really annoying even after I learned how to beat it. Too many Ninjas with double poison skills.

Revelations:

Contrary to what some people thought of the game, I enjoyed most of Revelations' gimmicky chapters. However the game slowed down at its final few chapters. Chapter 24 was easily the worst chapter of all three games combined, I had to learn the stealth pattern because I really wanted those boots. So I re classed my guy to a ninja to learn Locktouch only selected him and Xander to give the latter +1 movement and always stayed out of the enemies' range after so much resetting to figure out the pattern.

The other final chapters, particularly Chapter 26 and 27 were too easy, not necessarily annoying. I beat them both in 2 turns, they were way too open and the boss was badly placed, right in front of me. I felt like they rushed the game near the end, the ending felt that way too. You could also say being too easy was annoying.

Edited by Rxmonste

Yeah there really is no reliable way to do this without rescue uses. In my first run i had spent all of the uses elsewhere and i had an op team. Tried to do it for ages testing out different strats to no avail. I ended up giving up and going for a 5 turn letting them kill off some of my units as a distraction so pally corrin could reach takumi because it was just too dumb. At least from my actual team only camilla died and i resurrected her anyway. Rip sophie silas kana though.

I hate using rescue/warp cheese so I probably wouldn't do it that way anyway (I have no rescue staff to use even if I wanted to). I'm just going to grind and grind and grind. Going to go in way, way OP. It'll make me feel better for having to deal with such a dumb chapter right at the end of the game. With no save beforehand nonetheless!

I've only had a few play throughs (hard/classic) which I played blind.

Birthright: Only game where I really grinded in and I can't really remember any chapters I had difficulty in except for like the final where I realized my team was too weak (or I was too impatient), so I just paired up Ryoma and Corn for victory. Ryoma has been best character in whole game for me, even more OP than corn.

Conquest: I've played it on hard/classic and currently on lunatic/classic. Hard was okay, but some chapters were brutal. Final boss chapter in this game is the hardest. Surprisingly, I might be having an easier time so far on Lunatic but probably because I know the general strategy for each chapter (ex: actually used the Dragon Veins in the Ice Tribe chapter). I only just completed chapter 10 though which is probably hard in all versions. I was having a bad time until I realized that I could send paired fem!Corn/Jacob to go destroy the whole left side and Takumi before he used a dragon vein--made the last few turns super easy since a lot of units that could reach the end couldn't.

Revelations: Was too easy, actually. I played Birthright > Conquest > Revelations but found that Revelations was actually the easiest. The gimmicky chapters were both annoying and fun, with chapter 24 being the worst offender. I raged and restarted to learn the pattern, because when I realized the Stealth reward was boots, I couldn't pass that up.

Also I played through each game without doing any (S support) pairings because I thought I was going to use these files to complete my support log. Probably a dumb move and might consider a Phoenix Mode run to complete it. I'll be pairing people in my Lunatic play throughs though and actually using status/freeze/rescue staves this time.

The fucker's my favorite character so I can't see myself not using him from a character perspective---but I might ban him from equipping Raijinto for some future runs. Maybe even reclass to Falco if I have an extra arm scroll or something.

...rescue is still E rank, so he'll still be useful regardless.

Look man I made Berserker!Rinkah my best unit (ryoma aside) every time in no grind, Rev character balance is awful but it doesn't really make the actual game hard, and the characters you get early on aren't that hard to train if you know what you're doing with them

earlygame characters can be fixed pretty easily with tonics since stat scaling isn't super high then. Midgame scrubs can just be shoved into guard stance to keep them out of trouble.

Maybe I'll favor Charlotte one day, though. I've been meaning to but I find her bases harder to work with than Rinkah, tbh. Girl gets too much flak.

Although, I've meaning to go the other way and make Ryoma more broken and get him Sol or something--I tried doing that in rev but he joins too late so I didn't actually get Sol on him until pretty late and didn't get to pass him much. I might do it again on BR because all the routs make it more useful and he comes 2 chapters earlier without a 2-parter chapter anyway.

I was speaking from my only Lunatic/Classic runthrough perspective in Revelations that I finished last week which gave me a very hard run on my money when I wasn't doing any DLC content so I was limited to waiting a long time for random skirmishes to take place so I could get gold and exp. outside of story chapters. When you restrain yourself from grinding (or anything along that line) and just try to speedrun through the game without doing anything on the side...especially on Lunatic/Classic, it's hard to keep a unit alive since you're doing a self-imposed challenge. In my case I didn't do any DLC (so no extra time for gold or exp. or DLC Seals), so I was running low on gold that I needed by the time I neared the endgame. Additionally, when I did the Children's Paralogues, it was after Chapter 25 so everything was a nightmare for me. I'm not doing anything like that anymore because I soft-resetted so much due to RNG cursing the growths of my units and blessing the low Hit Rates that enemies kept pulling off during that runthrough.

Yeah, neither was I, I play strict no-grind, I just know how to work with Rinkah very well and plan around her bad start

didn't find Rev very hard at all, hardly resetted-and if I did it's either some bullshit low%crit or I got too careless and played super reckless since it was so easy

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, neither was I, I play strict no-grind, I just know how to work with Rinkah very well and plan around her bad start

didn't find Rev very hard at all, hardly resetted-and if I did it's either some bullshit low%crit or I got too careless and played super reckless since it was so easy

I got screwed in that Lunatic run (Revelations) because only three units actually got decent HP Growths: Corrin, Xander and Effie. Most of my units also got unlucky on Defense and Resistance Growths which made some chapters/paralogues really frustrating. Forrest and Iggy were perhaps the most terrifying paralogues I had to do (since I did every paralogue after Chapter 25)...

On that note, my personal problem with the guy is hype - disproportionate hype makes me wary, because... well, let's just say that I tend to worry that whoever gets hyped winds up under-delivering when I actually try to use them. Of course, should that happen, my opinion of that unit is gonna drop big time...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia