Most annoying/brutal chapters in each route?

Chapter 17 was the first chapter in Conquest that took me over a day to try and beat without dying and made me hate guerrilla warfare in gaming. I didn't care if I missed out on the speed wings since Saizo has a worse version of Pent's NPC AI in the FE7 desert chapter. At least Pent knew what was dangerous before getting himself killed.

I honestly think ninjas are almost broken, sure they have low attack for promoted units and have weaknesses to bows/axes but what does that matter if your axe users get doubled and Niles can get two rounded if your not careful? I think having a tanky general like Benny is the way to go.

Xander at base can stomp the chapter.

Also, it's possible to lock Saizo away in the northern treasure room, which usually guarantees his survival.

But I hear ya, Chapter 17 is awful. Took me several days to get past it.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is the death of me.

I just started a lunatic conquest playthrough and chapter 7 has already made me insane after half a dozen of tries. I had to use every trick I could think of to survive, rushing toward the western bridge to take a defensive position, using pair up and separate to gain movement speed, slowly baiting the western monsters with Kamui while my late reinforcement had to fight defensively just to catch up. In order to secure the god-damn bridge I had to let both my healers get wrecked by a faceless, nearly dying in the process before finishing to dispatch them with Kamui while Effie and Silas struggled to hold the east line. To survive until the end I had to constantly transfer Silas from Kamui when she could double with the Yato to Effie when she could not and used the drake stone. And even then the healing was not enough and I had to switch the pair-ups constantly so that fresh units would replace the badly hurt, enduring the wounds and praying for hits to reach their targets. Even then I could not have done it without a few godly level up from Kamui and Effie, but they somehow held up, as did Silas and Arthur when it was their turn to take the hi(ea)t, until finally the boss was left alone and I could kick its ass.

Technically this is my most brutal experience with the game, I've not finished BR in lunatic yet (about halfway through), but this has been harder than any lunatic chapter I've played yet.

This game is messed-up and when I read all your enticing stories (enticing from a distance at least ^^) about brutal chapters and realised that I just beat one of the mega-easy one... I think I need a Birthright break right now xD

edit: I just realised that Elise's freezing spell actually have a range... I did not use it and I'm an idiot.

Edited by Arkayjiya

I'm at Birthright 14 on Hard classic and i have to say chapter 13 was really really hard after you kill Camilla with the two Generals...it was a true Nightmare.

I'm kinda scraed to play Conquest on Hard next...

I played Birthright on Hard, and that chapter wasn't too hard for me, in my memory. I don't remember what exactly I did, but I didn't have any trouble.

Lunatic conquest chapter 26. All these staff users... unlimited hexes, unlimited enfeebles... i did get silence staff from the previous chapter. Not sure it will help. And here I thought that inevitable end was a "bordering legit" skil.

To be fair, though, i must say that so far the game has been pretty fair in its difficulty, always allowing to break through all that terrifying enemy skills with some clever tactics. But still. chapter 26 makes me feel uneasy just by looking at the map. And i haven't seen the reinforcements yet...

Any chapters with even decent amounts of ninjas. I mean they always hurt you in one way or another unless you never let them attack. Most of the annoying chapters in this game can be attributed to ninjas alone.

Hell, the one time you do face ninjas in birthright is still incredibly annoying.

At first, I had ALOT of trouble with Conquest chapter 10.

But I'm getting better and better at it (only 2 tries on my lunatic run).

My new biggest problem is Conquest chapter 21, those stoneborn killing me *rage*

I had to cheese with Camilla+ninja support (my MU) flying from dragon vein to dragon vein.

I've only played Conquest so far and I'm currently commencing chapter 26 as I type this. I found chapters 20 (Kitsune chapter?) and chapter 24 the hardest so far. Right side on chapter 25 was also a pain in the ass, my God.

I had trouble with the left room of 25 on Lunatic. The right side is managable with a Shurikenbreaker unit. I remember for Hard I just threw Xander in the left room and he cleaned it up. It wasn't gonna work on Lunatic. Those lunge puppets are the worst. I ended up rushing in, nabbing the silence and have having my Corrin finish off the boss.

I'm currently developing quite the hatred for empty king. Most enemies are only barely weaker then anyone but the royals and the ones that aren't have lovely counter skills. Gooron also finds a way to keep scoring criticals. Doesn't matter if its 13 or 4%, he just does it. And he's hardly the only enemy who loves his criticals.

So the RNG needs to help a bit, fine. Then you get to the next chapter, have Camilla die because you missed one archer...and then the fun starts all over again. If you fail at Takumi you got to do stupid critical spanning Gooron again and I don't think that is reasonable.

Perhaps brutal isn't the word. Its certainly doable but how endgame is structured definitely makes it unfair and more then a bit annoying.

Other chapters like Ryoma's and the great wall were certainly harder but also more fair. As a result I find failing in those a lot less frustrating.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Well, chapter 27 is easy if you take 4 great pair-ups who can deal 1 vs 1 with the stair gurardians and deploy them all below. I took 5 pairs actually (one of them stood at the start through the whole chapter). The main enemy force moves down the corridor so you just deal with "guardians" quickly, end your turn on this side of the stairs, and on the next turn go up the stairs and rush the boss with 4 pairs. It should probably work with any set up. I personally had Mozu with crescent bow, spendthrift, life and death, +40 hit skill, bowfaire, quickdraw, so i just could reliably kill the boss in one attack with her. Rallybot from chapter 23 (iirc) also helps.

For endgame you can trivialize it if you have rescue staff (even 1 usage is fine), unit who can one-turn Takumi, pegasus knight with pass (can be captured on ch 24), Niles as adventurer (so +1 movemet and pass) and at least one unit with shelter (well, you most certainly have Xander, right?).

Well chapter 23 is pretty annoying and not because its excessively difficult its actually quite fun but because someone gave takumi rend heaven and losing a unit to chance after you have wiped out every other enemy on the map is extremely annoying

Well chapter 23 is pretty annoying and not because its excessively difficult its actually quite fun but because someone gave takumi rend heaven and losing a unit to chance after you have wiped out every other enemy on the map is extremely annoying

As far as i recall, he has smth like 50% activation rate for it so i wouldn't call this "losing to chance". 50% is definitely something that you should consider to be always active in your planning and calculations.

Fucking chapter 26 on Conquest and if anyone tells you otherwise then it's number two. I had to default to PHOENIX MODE.

Iago is ridiculous, but after a while the chapter became more tedious than difficult imo. It's all just trial and error. iirc, the units Iago doesn't pick who to staff randomly, so you can figure it out sort of (assuming you have everyone do the exact same thing every reset)

I think I should give Conquest chapter 25 a prize. The prize for most annoying, unfairly cheap chapter I have ever encountered in Fire Emblem. I can stand ninja's and I can stand poison strike, but no chapter should have 3 range ninja's with both poison strike and grizzly strike.

Whenever I go down that corridor those two ninja assholes shave off 80% health of the one in front while some other random jerk can pick them off.

The Saizo half is annoying, but not too bad. The Kagero side is pure hell.

This chapter makes me miss Kotaro's stupid ninja cave.

I have a new one: Heirs of Fate II.

Basically:

[spoiler=for those who don't wanna be spoiled...]Get lucky or have Shiro murder your ass. What was the point in having to pick two sides where it's obvious that the left one made the most sense if you wanted all the kids to still be in the chapter when it's over? It's also filled with the banes of my existence: Ninjas, Samurai, and those fucking puppets. As a slap to the face, the only unit with good enough physical stats is Sophie, and there's Diviners in this chapter. Everyone else can die in two or three hits. Why does almost every samurai have a fucking Wyrmslayer? Hitting them is already a problem cause the RNG favors them and Ninjas the most at times, so giving nearly all of them a weapon that can kill Kana in two swings is overwhelming. Because of all of that, I can't rush through this map, even though that's the objective pretty much, and Shiro and his cronies start creeping up way too early. The Spear Master and Oni Savage aren't really that much of the problem since the only character that doesn't use a tome is Sophie, but if those fucking ninjas get close they're gonna ruin everything. Opheila with Calamity Gate would make this a lot tolerable. I think I mainly hate this chapter because the way it's setup you have to be lucky, which should not be the case. The first one was tough with Soliel with that killing edge, but at least the units that you were given had high luck and Mitama had Rally Luck. Here, almost none of the units have good enough speed to avoid and will die if samurai/ninjas are paired up or tag teaming because they will get doubled. Probably taking this out of proportion, but whatever.

Edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ