Most annoying/brutal chapters in each route?

Too many enemies in Birthright's Chaoter 24. I hated every single second of it, and I don't care about "her". So many generals and berserkers.....

Shoveling Snow With Zola is stupid, Tanking With DragCorrin Forever is a drag, Ryoma's Firewalls was a pain in the butt, Hallways in the Sky was annoying, and the Nohrian Scrub Brigade is worse than the Dawn Brigade.

Screw Mr, Fuga's Wild Ride. Those Kinshi Knights and Spear Masters can go inside the Ninja Rape Cave for a taste of their own medicine.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't finished Revelations yet, so I'll only give my input on Birthright and Conquest.

Hard Birthright's only difficult chapter (other than chapter 5 because yeah, that's not really Birthright specific) for me was Burning Falls. I was doing it with the mindset of taking it slowly and baiting each enemy one at a time because I didn't really have a tank (Avatar's Yatogami was so strong that I didn't even think of using a Dragonstone to tank at the time). The main problem was the Golems getting really lucky on me, and after the first two tries I started to get pretty frustrated. On like my 4th try or so, I found out that there was a time limit on each of the four sections, and if you take too many turns then your current section gets flooded with lava. Instant reset for me.

Hard Conquest had a ton of painful chapters for me. 10, 12, 20, 26 (because they were all pretty well designed imo) all come to mind, but in my opinion the most poorly designed map was chapter 19.

I'm surprised people had trouble with chap. 10 Birthright. Even going in blind on Lunatic I had pretty much no problems. I mean, Rinkah and Setsuna have the advantage, AND they give you Tank-umi at the beginning of the chapter who can OHKO any of the Ninja on the map.

I'm currently playing Conquest on Hard; up to Chapter 19 and still nothing has been as difficult as Ch 10 Birthright was for me!

I finish Conquest on hard difficult and for me was this chapters:

10,25(In this one i almost cry),26 and the endgame.

Revelation the only chapter i hate was In the forest with all those damn ninjas plus the spikes and rush to talk to Saizo and keep orochi safe from harm.

Edited by Sieghart

Honestly, I kept seeing some people say that the final chapters of birthright and Conquest were hard but in my opinion I was fine with those. Could it be that some people were under leveled? Because that happened to me.

In Conquest, Chapter 10 or whatever the one with Takumi was was pretty annoying, but also Chapter 22, the Sakura on in Ft. Jynia, that one was hard for me because i was under leveled. Chapter 10 just turne out horrible after turn 8 or so when you get all of those fliers.

Also, the chapter with the wind tribe in Conquest was bad in my persona experience because I took a few under leveled units to work on thinking it wouldn't be that bad.

There was nothing hard about birthright and I played on hard.

Revelation, I think that one was ok too, a few annoying chapters because of the way Dragon veins were used and healers but nothing that's actually hard.

Revelation the only chapter i hate was In the forest with all those damn ninjas plus the spikes and rush to talk to Saizo and keep orochi safe from harm.

Yeah, I was very annoyed by the Mokushujin chapters in both Birthright and Revelation because of the spikes, that was not fun at all lol but it helped level up Sakura since I was forced to keep healing whoever was gonna take the most hits.

Hard Birthright's only difficult chapter (other than chapter 5 because yeah, that's not really Birthright specific) for me was Burning Falls. I was doing it with the mindset of taking it slowly and baiting each enemy one at a time because I didn't really have a tank (Avatar's Yatogami was so strong that I didn't even think of using a Dragonstone to tank at the time). The main problem was the Golems getting really lucky on me, and after the first two tries I started to get pretty frustrated. On like my 4th try or so, I found out that there was a time limit on each of the four sections, and if you take too many turns then your current section gets flooded with lava. Instant reset for me.

I had trouble with that too, and found out that time limit stuff the hard way. Also, in addition to flooding you with lava, you have to deal with reinforcements. Dealing with reinforcements while I'm getting scorched by lava... No thank you.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Shoveling Snow With Zola is stupid

Screw Mr, Fuga's Wild Ride. Those Kinshi Knights and Spear Masters can go inside the Ninja Rape Cave for a taste of their own medicine.

I want comics of all of these.

I had trouble with that too, and found out that time limit stuff the hard way. Also, in addition to flooding you with lava, you have to deal with reinforcements. Dealing with reinforcements while I'm getting scorched by lava... No thank you.

I would agree... but by the end of that chapter I just applied more Ryoma to the problem, and it was k.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

Haven't finished birthright, but the only chapter that really annoyed me was Chapter 10. It wasn't hard, just annoying.

Conquest on the other, though I like Conquest out of all of them, had a few bad ones on my first playthrough.

Chapter 12 was a pain in the ass for me because I wanted to get all the chests. I was also dumb and didn't beat Saizo for that Flame Shuriken, so Felicia stopped being useful after some time.

FUCK. CHAPTER. 17. Those ninjas, puppeteers, and puppets constantly dodging everything and killing Effie has earned this chapter a spot on my shit list. I stayed up HOURS on this chapter and barely beat it because Peri actually got a lucky dodge. Iago is a douche in Chapter 26, nuff said. I'm glad I silenced him and killed him with ease. It felt so fucking good.

Chapter 19 on hard mode was annoying because I tend to use that chapter for leveling weak units and the Foxes are kinda pushovers, until they get those lucky dodges and crits. It's even MORE annoying on my hard mode playthrough some of them have life or death. I actually like charpter 10. The only problem that I had with it is that Camilia kinda carries most of the map if you're not lucky, and you lose a lot of XP in the process.

I actually like charpter 10. The only problem that I had with it is that Camilia kinda carries most of the map if you're not lucky, and you lose a lot of XP in the process.

With a well-calculated offense, you don't need any luck to clear the map with Camilla receiving < 10 EXP, even on Lunatic.

It's funny how Ch. 25 Conquest Lunatic, once one of the harder chapters in the game for me, became easy once I figured out that there is NO REASON to play through it instead of killing Ryoma. I've legitimately never used the Silence staff on any playthrough, and I forgot what was in the other chest. Unless it's an Energy Drop or Spirit Dust, that chapter is dead to me.

Edited by Inference

It's funny how Ch. 25 Conquest Lunatic, once one of the harder chapters in the game for me, became easy once I figured out that there is NO REASON to play through it instead of killing Ryoma. I've legitimately never used the Silence staff on any playthrough, and I forgot what was in the other chest. Unless it's an Energy Drop or Spirit Dust, that chapter is dead to me.

It is made easy with bow knights. Niles with lucky 7 and shuriken breaker made all the ninjas have 0 acc. Combine that with Nina and the chapter becomes rather simple.

I haven't finished Revelations yet, so I'll only give my input on Birthright and Conquest.

Hard Conquest had a ton of painful chapters for me. 10, 12, 20, 26 (because they were all pretty well designed imo) all come to mind, but in my opinion the most poorly designed map was chapter 19.

Burning Falls had BS Dragon Veins that didn't tell you anything but a one way ticket to desert movement with spikes.

It is made easy with bow knights. Niles with lucky 7 and shuriken breaker made all the ninjas have 0 acc. Combine that with Nina and the chapter becomes rather simple.

Doesn't sound like Lunatic Mode if you're seriously worried about the Ninjas. Plus, I'm pretty sure hitting Ryoma and clicking end turn is the better strat. You only have to play if your Avatar is underpowered.

Chapter 5 Lunatic

My Turn Count: 158

Trick with that is to use kaze + attack stance rinkah to bait over the dark mages to the right side. With an adjacent sakura, he should live. Next turn, rinkah + kaze should kill one mage, avatar takes the other. Sing for the avatar, kill one of the paired mercs with dragonslayers. Avatar should be in a position to block the chokepoint. As long as the game didnt completely crap on your for stat growths, the avatar can take a hit from a dragonslayer next turn, and one shot the merc.

Doesn't sound like Lunatic Mode if you're seriously worried about the Ninjas. Plus, I'm pretty sure hitting Ryoma and clicking end turn is the better strat. You only have to play if your Avatar is underpowered.

Sure doesn't sound like Lunatic mode! I know you should be worried about the Master of Arms, Swordmasters and Spy Yumi thing that die after you break the wall right!

Better strat? Subjective. It's cool lets just leave the gold and silence.

And no, I get satisfaction beating a level every now and then instead of just cheesing it over and over.

And the original point too that you brought up is that CH 25 is super brutal if you play it legit which is not accurate imo.

@Alex

Corrin and Kaze attack stance or guard stance with rinkah destroys it. Sakura has -2 damage reduction too.

Edited by AresFe

That damn Lava Chapter in Birthright isn't hard, but if you don't know what dragon veins are correct it's pretty much "wait and die".

Cheese with fliers or know the dragon veins.
I really hate that chapter solely because it screwed me over a lot with rng in general.

After playing Conquest a ton, I honestly do like chapter 17 now, for some strange reason. I have more fun with it than irritation now.

Chapter 25 and Endgame Conquest on Lunatic are still a living hell.

That damn Lava Chapter in Birthright isn't hard, but if you don't know what dragon veins are correct it's pretty much "wait and die".

Cheese with fliers or know the dragon veins.

I really hate that chapter solely because it screwed me over a lot with rng in general.

After playing Conquest a ton, I honestly do like chapter 17 now, for some strange reason. I have more fun with it than irritation now.

Chapter 25 and Endgame Conquest on Lunatic are still a living hell.

I had no problem with guessing the wrong Dragon Veins (HMMM.... One of the statue's hands has an orb in it, the other doesn't.... Maybe it's a sign), it was more the time limit that got me.

Ch. 14 Birthright - beginning of the map is an open field, making it just awful

All Birthright chapters involving faceless - Such a boring and annoying slog.

Ch. 19 Conquest - Too many foxes with high avoid and annoying skills

Ch. 9 Revelations - On lunatic, all the enemies have high stats while most of your team cannot do much to them

Ch. 14 Birthright - beginning of the map is an open field, making it just awful

All Birthright chapters involving faceless - Such a boring and annoying slog.

Ch. 19 Conquest - Too many foxes with high avoid and annoying skills

Ch. 9 Revelations - On lunatic, all the enemies have high stats while most of your team cannot do much to them

You need to wait the kitsune's illusion's out for a couple of turns. When they're open, rush them ASAP. Beast Killer Effie is your savior with wary fighter.

Sure doesn't sound like Lunatic mode! I know you should be worried about the Master of Arms, Swordmasters and Spy Yumi thing that die after you break the wall right!

Better strat? Subjective. It's cool lets just leave the gold and silence.

And no, I get satisfaction beating a level every now and then instead of just cheesing it over and over.

And the original point too that you brought up is that CH 25 is super brutal if you play it legit which is not accurate imo.

Can't hide your lack of real input with weak sarcasm and strawman tactics. I believe I mentioned 25 being a personal bane that is no longer and you sort of filled in the blanks from there.

I am genuinely curious as to why we need the gold and Silence since the game is already almost over and 26 and on are complete jokes that can be beaten with minimal planning and given resources. Please elaborate.

I had no problem with guessing the wrong Dragon Veins (HMMM.... One of the statue's hands has an orb in it, the other doesn't.... Maybe it's a sign), it was more the time limit that got me.

Look my observational skills don't exist

I never had a problem with the time limit, most of the enemies aren't difficult enough to take a long time to kill.

I spent way longer on the conquest story than either of the other routes, but chapters 12 and 19 irritate the crap out of me. 12 isn't that hard but I wasn't too thrilled being down a healer. Don't even get me started on 19. The fact that I was to obsessed with not letting anyone die in the finale had me reach levels over rage and frustration I never knew I had. I also wasn't a fan of 24 in Revelations mostly due to the frustration of having to start over the first time.

Look my observational skills don't exist

I never had a problem with the time limit, most of the enemies aren't difficult enough to take a long time to kill.

Fair enough. Anyways, I guess we can agree on the fact that it's the crap the game DOESN'T tell you that's liable to screw you over (chapter 23's another such example where this applies - you're not told that the Dragon Veins also destroy the obstacles in addition to causing you damage).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia