TheMoniker plays: Fire Emblem Requiem

TheMoniker

Title  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should I play the one and only chapter of Alicia/Hector mode?

Yeah, making difficulty settings with more changes than just giving the enemies higher stats would likely take a lot of work. But they could at least maybe make a Normal Mode where the enemies are weak enough that you don't have to use your prepromotes and a hard mode where enemies get stat boosts, like all of the GBA games have.

Btw, I have a tip for catching text skips. Make sure the message speed is set to slow or normal, and let the text scroll on its own rather than a button mash through it. You should be able to catch, most, if not all, text skips this way. I've been LPing GhebSaga, which is perhaps even worse regarding text skips than its predecessor, but I've managed to catch them all so far using this method.(in fact, the only text I've missed so far is some tutorial text I button mashed through on accident, none of which were text skips) This hack doesn't seem to have too many text skips, but it'll help you catch the few ones it does have, and any other ones in future LPs.

But... but... I LIKE going through text super fast! I can't stand watching it move at a crawl! I think I'll risk losing the occasional snippet. Maybe I can try it if I find a hack with a lot more text skips than this one.

For the record: Val and Keiran do have a support together.

IT WILL HAPPEN.

hey it worked in fates!

* BOOS FROM THE CROWD BEHIND ME INTENSFIES. *

Not really "worked"... more like "was used"...

*JOINS BOOING CROWD*

Requiem: Episode 5: Chapter 4: The March

XRAeBSj.png

We begin our advance! First order of business: House!

z0NWTIw.png

Nice portrait lady: Umm… Have you by any chance seen my sister? What does she look like? Um… just like me, I guess. She has longer hair and different clothes, but we’re twins.

Josie: … …

Nice portrait lady: No? Oh… I’m starting to get a little worried. She’s only meant to be job hunting. It’s been far too long.

You wouldn't happen to be recruitable, would you? That's a very nice portrait...

DCL9EJO.pngjQbZvER.pngysr3U9C.png

The first few enemies are handled with little trouble, giving us very valuable stats.

EI9dkWZ.png

This chapter has a lot of walking and bait-and-switch, at least in the first and later parts. For that reason, I somewhat dislike it as compared to the more intense previous chapters, but the pace did need to slow down at some point.

379lMqx.png

Thankfully, this house is JUST out of Ballistae range.

tyFIhsd.png

Utterly beautiful!

IjjbhVY.png

And now you know why I had the tank lure this guy out. Granted, a crit still would have killed Kieran... why didn't I think that through better?

GP3b0Dc.png

Soldier: But…

Kane: What is it?

0kNjXpy.png

"subduing" is one word for it.

Kane: Hmm…

Soldier: What’s more… their leader is a woman… with hair of a deep red colour.

Kane: …! I… see.

Does he know?

yoaq0S3.png

Kane: We capture them here!

"Enemy force realizes their mistake and stops on Turn 1" would have made the chapter too easy, I guess.

CtSaUUY.png

In fact, they bring out pegasus knights to swarm us! It's like realizing that we have a pseudo-princess here made them more vicious!

SqQ0x0t.png6b09zeB.png

Despite Andrei proving that he doesn't NEED the Deathblade, he takes it anyway.

Py400Y7.pngmV2TTVm.png

Man guy: I thought so. Listen, go easy on Sir Kane, alright? They’re a little bit on edge since they heard that Egardia have taken over in Olva. I’m sure if you talk to him, he’ll listen. He’s funny like that.

Forget talking! That denies us a Dragonshield!

W5uRFvD.pngjsHF33e.pngfGprhej.png

More pegs, and we get some other ground troops too! This is getting tough!

cFXraIJ.png

Good, Val, you need strength and defense.

cyjBala.pngSVj6Gnf.png

Marco... well, I guess it works.

135hiVT.png

So, it's a weaker javelin that doesn't destroy the speed of a pegasus rider? Neat.

krGeZQf.png

All mine!

WhAR0Gc.png

Mr. JERK here continues to prove himself a dependable person outside of the story.

qObejg0.png

More people! Also, did I mention that this hack employs Axe Cavaliers as a class? Because it does and that's cool.

IFzw1H3.png

I like it best when crutch characters ALMOST kill things but don't QUITE finish them off so someone else can take the EXP. Like Rayden here.

W1fHvY0.png

Heh... hah...

CdllIwN.png

With all the reinforcements, it feels like the enemy numbers have increased since we started! We're definitely still a long ways away.

lhrW7Kx.png

The perfect bait!

OtCa39O.png

Katarina continues to excel as a priest. I take it she's the "Lena", not the "Wrys" archetype. Does this hack have a "Wrys"?

Lm4SmU4.png

MARCO SMASH

laMy0v9.png

While we're at it, let's have our OTP people talk!

1jXyW6x.png

Val: They probably brought the ballistae out to take you down.

oy4kEh1.png

Val: I… appreciate the confidence, but please, don’t take any risks.

Kieran: Hmph.

YyuwmlJ.png

Val: But he does seem to be listening to me.

The love is so obvious. They should just start kis-

9ayXmBo.png

OW! Sorry, Kieran! My mistake!

jkei1hY.png

Give me that!

iJQNGcr.png

Everyone's getting good levels today! I don't regret killing all these sympathetic enemies, not one bit!

ogzSp0E.png

The reinforcements have been finished off. This chapter doesn't require too much in the way of strategy, just make sure your formations keep everyone healed and don't leave the weaklings exposed.

Now, continue advancing! We have a boss to get to!

x0agym8.png

BOWS YOU SAY

WHAT BOWS

0gXBtNl.png

Thanks, Marco. Thank you so much. That was truly the height of human accomplishment, this right here.

lMZCV2w.png

Linda needs strength more than anything else to be good, but I can appreciate defense. She also still has less than 20 HP at level 8...

8PozMli.png

I lure out one enemy from down here, and the whole crowd advances with him. I guess I shouldn't have expected everything to be so easy.

NC6whiw.png

I'm kind of skimming over things here, because this chapter takes a good while to beat. Just assume that I used the bridge to kill everyone easily.

ljnhDkE.pngcCUaIye.png

There were no problems at all and everything went wonderfully.

0AiQwB6.png

If Katarina keeps this up, she can become a great combat unit in the future. Speed, magic, and even a few smidgens of defense? I like it!

u6qMuVg.png

I missed the screenshot, but we got a statbooster! Now, let's hope I remember to use all these before "Lyn mode" ends and I lose them.

JlqRnS5.pngTjXAUEf.png

Wear it down slowly... slowly...

QOaMV2g.png

Wonderful.

yhMkE85.png

With the immediate threats all gone, let's take a break to talk.

vNEaYDp.png

Katarina: Are you alright? You seem a little bit shaken… moreso than usual…

Linda: … … I’m fine myself… It’s just, seeing even Lady Valentine and her family have their issues and not being able to help makes me feel a little bit… Well, you know.

Katarina: Mmm… I know what you mean, I think. But it’s not our place to interfere with them.

Linda: Well… okay. But everything’s going to be sorted out, right? We’ll be fine, right?

Katarina: I certainly believe so. It would break my heart to believe otherwise. They are good people…

Linda: Mm… I think so, too.

Katarina: If you have any other concerns, don’t be afraid to come and talk to me, alright Linda?

Linda: Sure thing.

4Tf7zli.png

Apparently, that whole conversation demotivated Katarina. But I'll excuse it, since she got her most important stat.

I7XpyHd.png

He's out of shots! Once we wipe them out, it's basically a straight shot to the boss.

3WZ97eZ.pngPBUEvJ5.png

Kieran gets a good level and a good weapon!

Nha11c0.png

Even better! Marco can use this!

i7kodmo.png

And I made a mistake involving Reavers AGAIN.

lfD2QGx.png

Okay, so, we've split into two groups. This one is distracting the ballistae and taking out the few enemies down here, while the other is handling those top people. The plan is to chip away at these last few guys until it's just the boss.

WIwiJOf.png

Katarina heals here and-

b3YcVVT.png

-OH CRAP

So, I knew Kane had to talk to us, but I didn't expect him to ride out and do it himself! Kane did move to engage Katarina here, which surprised me. Though, to be completely honest, I should've expected movement from a cavalier boss not standing on any sort of terrain.

Kane: Even so, I must be sure of your intentions before you can go any further.

132Zi5e.png

I'd like to think that Kane missed because he hesitated on his attack, thanks to HONORABLE KNIGHTNESS.

zIUaPd8.png

What were you THINKING?

(I know it seems odd to see a 0 this early, but remember, doubled WTD + forest + fast character.)

qvugxRY.png

Sadly, only Val can talk to this guy, and he's too far away for that...

UlDXTJh.png

BUT NOT TOO FAR TO KILL

(No, I don't use Josie, that would be lame)

dnL0X7d.png

Kieran: …

Kane: You clearly aren’t Egardian. But if you won’t talk, I must assume you are my enemy. I had hoped you would stop, but you cannot pass by here.

Kieran: …Do what you must.

pM9oZfD.png

Does this refer to Valentine? Kieran's blatantly obvious love interest?

Kane: That is fair.

8KAlmza.png

I'm surprised Kane and Kieran had a boss quote, but thankfully it doesn't stop Kieran from hitting him.

4c0yeCr.png

With him weakened, Andrei can finish!

Qn37JYG.png

Yes! Instead of stabbing people with swords and killing them, we stab them with swords and SUBDUE them!

VUW5Tbo.png

Great. He's like a tankier version of Valentine.

ytTnUzj.png

And we get our reward for taking the "murder" route! Sadly, I wasn't able to kill QUITE all the people I was supposed to spare... oh well!

NEXT TIME: All the stabbing is forgiven, and replaced with sadness.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I think Linda/Katarina is the OTP so far, but then again, I tend to prefer same-sex pairings, especially girl/girl, to het ones. Linda/Katarina do appear to have a paired ending, but I have no idea if it's romantic or not. In fact, all of Linda's paired endings appear to be with females, so perhaps she's a lesbian? Are there romantic same-sex paired endings in this hack? It'd be neat if there were, as the only hack can think of with them is GhebFE and well... GhebFE is GhebFE, so...

It also seems that Kane too has a paired ending with Val, so I smell a love triangle, which may be why Keiran and Kane have a boss talk.

Anyway, I think it'd be hilariously trollish if in the next chapter you had to fight a bunch of mages, as Katarina seems to be your only unit with a good Res stat, except maybe the pre-promotes.

I'll admit I like going through text super fast too, but when you have to screenshot and/or transcribe it all, it kind of forces you to go through the text slower anyway.

Don't believe there's any same-sex pairings. Only a few paired endings in general and most of them involve the main lords. This game doesn't really need many of them tbqh. People are too spoiled by Awakening and Fates, take off your shipping goggles people. I can tell you which one is the most likely "canon" one for Val, but that would be spoiling things.

Also there is actually a way to bring things over from "Lyn Mode" to the next mode. But I can't talk about it yet.

Next chapter shouldn't be as slow paced.

Don't believe there's any same-sex pairings. Only a few paired endings in general and most of them involve the main lords.

That's lame.

For the record: Val and Keiran do have a support together.

And ya, that whole "go easy on them" doesn't effect gameplay at all. Its just a way of saying "You're capturing them. With swords to the face. Don't question it."

In this case I imagine it to be case where they're trying their best not to kill people, as opposed to Fates' way, where somehow, literally no one dies.

Also, when you're against the likes of Rayden and Josie, would anyone really bother trying to fight to the death?

I dunno, I think Linda/Katarina is the OTP so far, but then again, I tend to prefer same-sex pairings, especially girl/girl, to het ones. Linda/Katarina do appear to have a paired ending, but I have no idea if it's romantic or not. In fact, all of Linda's paired endings appear to be with females, so perhaps she's a lesbian? Are there romantic same-sex paired endings in this hack? It'd be neat if there were, as the only hack can think of with them is GhebFE and well... GhebFE is GhebFE, so...

Don't believe there's any same-sex pairings. Only a few paired endings in general and most of them involve the main lords. This game doesn't really need many of them tbqh. People are too spoiled by Awakening and Fates, take off your shipping goggles people. I can tell you which one is the most likely "canon" one for Val, but that would be spoiling things.

There technically is one, I guess, but not really.

But the best romances are usually the ones that aren't as clearly pointed out or platonic, at least as far as FE goes, imo.

Anyway, good to see that the playthrough is going well.

Guys, hold up. Maybe this whole "knocking out enemies" thing isn't so bad after all. We could be using the flats/blunts of our weapons to KO them, as some of the FE7 animations might suggest this. As opposed to Fates, where it's generally quite clear.

It also seems that Kane too has a paired ending with Val, so I smell a love triangle, which may be why Keiran and Kane have a boss talk.

It's official, everyone.

We have to kill Kane.

I was waiting to see you miss this. I don't know what it does though.

Chapter 4 - If Keiran visits the closest village, a different scene occurs.

Dangit! It's too late to go back now, though... Do you know what was in the scene?

Also, I assume by village you mean house, right?

In this case I imagine it to be case where they're trying their best not to kill people, as opposed to Fates' way, where somehow, literally no one dies.

Also, when you're against the likes of Rayden and Josie, would anyone really bother trying to fight to the death?

There technically is one, I guess, but not really.

But the best romances are usually the ones that aren't as clearly pointed out or platonic, at least as far as FE goes, imo.

Anyway, good to see that the playthrough is going well.

FE's never been all that great on the whole "romances" thing. But I do agree that the better ones are less clear.

Time for sadness in...

The CHAPTER 4 CONCLUSION!

S27kMUE.png

Val: You will listen to us?

Did we really need to force you into submission to make you listen?

Kane: That was my promise, my lady.

Was there something in that talk conversation we were supposed to see but miss? I don't remember a promise...

Val: As I said, I am Valentine Olva. The people of my country were defeated in an Egardian invasion. We’ve been fleeing from their attack ever since they reached the castle, and now we’re here. These people that follow me were all I could escape with. I’m sorry that we’re intruding in your lands, but I assure you, we did not know that stronghold belonged to you.

Kane: I see. We heard news of Olva’s untimely demise. They claim that Lord Richard Olva had fallen in battle.

Val: …So, the word has gotten out.

S4UXUI2.png

Kane: I should not have spoken so inconsiderately.

Val: It’s alright.

4OpHbJO.png

Yeah, let's have our heroes rest up. And Andrei, too.

Val: Right… Sir Knight, would you not consider letting us stay at least nearby, if only for a little while? We have nowhere else to go, as things stand.

Ash: If not, you can at least tell us about the area.

Kane: That is not my choice. But I will take it upon myself to see it answered.

76NsWzT.png

He has a boss? Can we get him on our side?

Ash: Your… lord? Who are you, anyway?

Val: Ash, you’re being rude.

Kane: It is fine.

pfru8h9.pnghG8glk5.png

They called it "The Old Empire" when we came here, but I didn't know it had surviving royalty! We still don't know much about this world's backstory...

Ash: T-The Empire? As in the late Emperor’s Empire? The one that everyone fought against in the Great War?

Should I assume that we have a standard "everyone teamed up against this big foe" backstory or is there something more?

Kane: I know it sounds suspect, but I ask that you trust me when I say that it is not as you think. I swear on my knight’s honor that you will not be endangered, my lord.

Ash: Alright.

sAAZYvE.png58XID2M.pngYZgljbS.png

Val: I wonder what kind of man he is loyal to. The Emperor’s Son…

Well, we're going to find out! No need for a chapter transition, we'll be seeing the prince guy now:

BsptqAD.png8wfg2VT.png

Nice portrait.

Prince guy: I heard that there was a battle. What happened?

Kane: About that…

lgDWVkA.png

Kane: There are others as well. They’ve come from Olva, after being driven out by the Egardians.

Prince guy: …I see.

Val: I’m honored to meet you… Your Majesty.

Ash: Val, what are you doing?

Prince guy: Please, there’s no need for that.

r3fsVxB.pngy1by2zO.png

Just the Remnants, I guess.

dEb88nU.png

Val: I was just trying to see what kind of person you were.

hskJ0ni.png

Val: I think I can trust you, even if you are the Emperor’s son.

Prince guy: So soon?

Val: …You can tell a lot about a leader from the people that serve them. …And Sir Kane here speaks a lot about you, I think.

Yeah, it says in his description he's honorable!

Prince guy: …That’s good to know. Although, I don’t think I can give you what you want, exactly. We’re a small group with rather meagre power. We’re not looking for a fight with Egardia unless it’s absolutely necessary.

rJU4tRa.pngGUeiOpc.png

Kane: up a majority of our soldiers. The only advantages we have at the moment are that we are unknown to the world and the surrounding terrain.

In FE, things generally turn out the same regardless of whether we have a massive army or a small band of dudes serving us, so I guess that's alright.

Val: I see.

Prince guy: Although having you would put me on Egardia’s warpath as well, does it not?

Val: I… can’t be sure.

Ash: Are you saying that you can’t help us unless that isn’t true?

Well, Egardia could wipe them out, since they'll soon no longer be busy with Olva.

vpzI6Lw.png

Val: Lord Isaac…

sY3EI9V.png

Val: I didn’t think about your position in this at all. But the truth is, I only wish to let my family and the people that fight for me to have somewhere to recuperate.

vXZXF6F.png

Val: I’m not sure how yet, but I will. He killed our own father, tearing our family and country apart with no mercy. That, I absolutely cannot stand for.

Isaac: … …

Val: So, please, all I ask is that you let us stay, even if it’s only for one night. Won’t you do me this one favor? After that, I promise you that we’ll never show ourselves before you again.

Isaac: …I have heard your words, Lady Valentine.

jqNrO09.png

Oh?

Kane: My lord?

Ash: Are you saying you’ll let us stay here?

Isaac: Not only that…

OAxzHkX.png

Okay! We have new people onboard! Welcome to the team, Isaac and Loser... I mean, Kane!

Isaac: What say you, Kane?

Kane: Yes, I agree.

Isaac: Then, I guess it’s decided. We will lend you our aid in your fight as well.

Val: You… would really do that? After everything you were saying before?

Ash: We can’t even be sure that we’ll succeed.

Isaac: I believe that you have a chance, which is good enough for me. And I highly doubt Egardia’s ambition ends with defeating you, does it now? Not doing anything here is the same as surrendering.

Not to mention, I imagine the Remnants are bored. What were they doing before we came along?

Ash: If you knew that all along, then why did you ask all of those questions?

Isaac: You gave me a test of character first, no? I thought I’d return the favor. The truth is, Egardia must be stopped. I needed to make sure you have the resolve. If you were fighting purely out of desperation, then that would give me some concern.

Ash: Hmph, not bad.

Val: Hahaha… Well, I’m just glad to know that I was right about you, Lord Isaac.

Isaac: Of course. Now, please, rest yourselves a while. You must be tired from coming all this way. There is plenty of room.

jm9pQ7G.png

Kane: It was nothing, my lady.

igDCP38.pngofMaN9s.png

Ash: But yeah, that’s good. We’re safe, for now.

But where are we going to go from here, I wonder? What new enemies will we fight this far from Olva?

Val: Sorry Ash, but I’m going to go and talk with them some more. Can you tell everyone where I am?

hWKZvy0.png

Ash: The Emperor’s Son, huh? Who’d have thought things would go this way? Maybe now I can finally get a good night’s res-

Vu2msei.png

He thinks about getting rest just in time for another calamity!

Ash: Andrei? What’s wrong?

hLWG9KN.png

Oh no. Just when things were looking up!

Ash: No… why now?

Andrei: Where’s Val gone?

Ash: She’s busy… Don’t bring her into this. Not now, of all times. You should have seen how happy she just was.

Andrei: A-Alright. Follow me.

VG3Q7gN.pngKKz689I.png

Ash: What’s wrong, Mother? You were doing just fine this morning.

Florence: … To tell the truth, I was at the worst I’ve ever been. I was trying my best to hide it from all of you. I guess this is the result. I can barely move my body.

Andrei: Why would you do that to yourself, mother?

Ash: She… had little choice.

Josie: What are you talking about?

Ash: You were trying to hold on until we made it to somewhere safe, weren’t you?

Florence: Mm…

Josie: You couldn’t even have told me or Ray that!? You know that it wouldn’t have been a problem for at least one of us to watch over you. That would have been a lot better than this, surely?

Florence: Most likely.

Josie: Then-

jMHCePO.png

Florence: You’re so strong, and for that, I’m eternally grateful. But… just this once, I wanted to rely on my own strength.

Josie: You stupid girl… You didn’t have to do that.

Florence: I know… and I’m sorry. But please… promise me that you’ll continue to be as strong as you are and protect my children.

Josie: Of course I will, Flora. I will protect them as if they were my very own.

h13mF7G.png

Is this really it? Is Florence really going to die?

Rayden: But with us on the run like this, proper treatment was out of the question.

Florence: I know that you tried everything you could. I’m just sorry I’ve torn you away from your own family to serve mine like this.

Rayden: You know that I don’t mind it.

Florence: Thank you for being so dependable for me all this time, Ray. If nothing else, can you continue to watch over Ash for me?

Ash: …?

Rayden: …Of course.

SNOF88w.png

Florence: I’d like to see your faces up close.

Ash: Val’s… talking things over with Lord Isaac.

Florence: I understand, Ash, don’t worry. We’re not so different. I believe in your ability to make the right decisions, even if they don’t seem the best choice at first.

Do0HHFc.pngDyKM6Qo.png

Florence: I have faith… that you can help them overcome any obstacle.

Ash: Thank you, Mother.

vVgLkuK.png

Is Andrei going to get a speech too?

Florence: Andrei… don’t be shy… come here…

Andrei: …When you got angry at me before, were you feeling like this?

Florence: Is that what you’re worried about?

Andrei: It’s true though, isn’t it?

Florence: Don’t fret over it. I’ve long since forgiven you for all of that, son.

KmH0f08.png

Florence: for raising my hand to you like that. Your way of thinking may not be the same as mine… but it makes me no less proud to call you my son. I know that you’ll soon be a fine young man, Andrei. You’ll be strong, much like your father was.

Andrei: Mother…

Florence: Just live your own way and live it well… don’t think that this has to change you. Become… the fine warrior you’ve always wanted to become, and protect our family, as you know you can.

Andrei: I-I will… I promise you…

I'm having a harder time holding Drake against Andrei now...

SH8RtCm.png

Florence: Just… incase that I don’t get to talk to her. Please, don’t let

oUigDWY.png

Florence: Let her… become a ruler… that her father would be proud of.

(I'm suddenly thinking of an interesting story where Valentine turns evil)

Ash: We will.

Rayden: I think that’s enough, Florence. You’ve said what you needed to.

Ash: Exactly… save your strength for now.

hK10IuL.png

Rayden: Ash?

Ash: That’s what she would say now, isn’t it?

Florence: Yes… that’s true.

She's still not going to die for sure? I know that it would be sad if it happened without Val, but I've been mentally preparing myself for Florence's death, and it's just twisting the knife to see it dragged out...

asdN7vD.png

Josie: Valentine about this?

Ash: We don’t. Not yet.

Andrei: Hey, wait a second! You can’t just do that!

yGnH9VS.png

Ash: I said “not yet”. She’s been under constant pressure since we lost our Father. We can’t stress her again with news like this, when she’s finally feeling somewhat happy.

Josie: Well, I suppose that’s alright. But I’m not letting you leave this too long. We have no idea how long Florence can last.

Ash: I understand.

Andrei: None of this is right at all…

Yeah, is this really a good idea?

OkEfyxS.png

Well, I guess we'll find out how good the idea was...

NEXT TIME!

Dangit! It's too late to go back now, though... Do you know what was in the scene?

Also, I assume by village you mean house, right?

yes i mean the nearest house. i can't show screenshots but here is the conversation.

girl: o-oh, hello there.

keiran: ...!

...what are you doing here?

g: h-huh? what do you mean?

k: ...never mind.

g: w-well, umm...

have you seen my sister, by any chance?

k: ... ... no, i haven't.

g: no? oh... i'm starting to get a little worried.

she's only meant to be job hunting.

it's been far too long.

w-wait a minute, do you know what she looks like?

[keiran leaves]

girl: h-hey! ...he looked kinda familiar, actually.

*sigh* gemma, where are you?

and if you fought kane with val you still would have got a convo.

Edited by ranger016

Okay, everyone, I am SUPER SUPREMELY SORRY that I haven't been able to get an update out. Work's been making it hard to record and post stuff. I expected my schedule to open up but it just hasn't. I'll be able to get some good updates out tomorrow. Thanks for being so patient!

i can't really drive home how great the writing really is regarding the characters.

its never a disappointment for me.

I completely agree. I'd probably say this is the best story I've ever seen in any hack I've played, mostly because it goes for more low-key things rather than trying to be cool or edgy or anything like that.

yes i mean the nearest house. i can't show screenshots but here is the conversation.

girl: o-oh, hello there.

keiran: ...!

...what are you doing here?

g: h-huh? what do you mean?

k: ...never mind.

g: w-well, umm...

have you seen my sister, by any chance?

k: ... ... no, i haven't.

g: no? oh... i'm starting to get a little worried.

she's only meant to be job hunting.

it's been far too long.

w-wait a minute, do you know what she looks like?

[keiran leaves]

girl: h-hey! ...he looked kinda familiar, actually.

*sigh* gemma, where are you?

and if you fought kane with val you still would have got a convo.

Thank you for posting that! Does Kieran have some connection to this person? Hmm...

And now! Update time!

The CHAPTER 5 PRELUDE!

O51iJZs.png

vW0OMFK.png

Finally, our characters were allowed to have a good night's sleep and some rest offscreen. Now, we're ready to begin the next major portion of our story!

cGJUqsD.png

Ash: Where did you go, Andrei? I know you’re upset, but that’s no excuse to run off.

???(offscreen): Ash?

Ash: …!

JnIJgjV.png

Val: Is everything alright?

Ash: Uh… yeah.

Val: …What are you doing?

Ash: I just thought I’d take a look around this place for myself, you know? How did your survey of the land with them go?

Val: I’ve learned a lot about the situation here. The number of soldiers under Lord Isaac isn’t much, but they’re capable of fending off a small battalion of Egardians, I should think. They’re quite well supplied as well, funnily enough, thanks to the way the Emperor

developed his land all those years ago.

I7AANQR.pngaQQSNCw.png8AlNJBQ.png

Okay, here's what we know so far about the backstory:

1: There was this place called "The Empire", and presumably that's it. They were THE EMPIRE.

2: All the other people fought against them in the Great War for... some reason...

3: He held some lands for 10 years and was really good at it??? Did the empire only last for 10 years? Huh?

I appreciate them trying to go for showing over telling but I would appreciate some solid info as a backdrop for the stuff the main characters are going through. Hopefully they won't take the "Fates" route of exposition on the overall world forever.

Even if it does decide to let us learn pieces as the story goes along, though, this is STILL a way better story than Fates. Eat it, AAA writers.

Val: Right. From all of that, I’ve decided that expansion is our first move. We need to find a way to make ourselves known to the world as a group that will resist Egardia. However, we can’t afford to give up our location.

Ash: That sounds easier said than done.

Val: Yeah… We can’t do anything too drastic.

We need to make ourselves known to the ENTIRE WORLD! ...But nothing too big. Seems kind of like a paradoxical statement!

vaZn7Ra.png

Val: deserters are held up in.

That doesn't sound so bad...

vKFcZWR.pngzjh30lM.png

Ah, they're EVIL!

Val: He also said that one of their prisoners is a well known merchant with a lot of connections around the world.

Well, that actually sounds like a good plan! Maybe we can let the entire world know something without being too drastic!

0ARS7iH.png

Ash: N-Now? Don’t you think it’s a little too soon?

It has only been a few days.

Val: Too soon?

Ash: The Egardians could still be looking for us. …Maybe we should lay low for a little while longer.

Val: Well…

ZJW03zr.png

Rayden: You need to see something.

Val: Hm? Can it wait just a minute? I still have some business to attend to elsewhere.

Rayden: Unfortunately, no it can’t.

WVwZwaR.png

Oh no. Is Florence going to die this time?

Val: Oh no… has she gotten worse? I’ll go right away!

0KCB9TP.png

Ash: Dammit…

TJSSjcC.png

I'll quiet down for a moment... is this really the end for Florence?

Florence: Sister…

Josie: Florence, please, just hang in there a bit longer.

4ZYOlFX.png

Florence: Valentine… W-Where?

Val: I’m right here, Mother! Right here.

Florence: T-Thank… goodness.

Val: You’re going to stay with me, right?

Chf8WfV.png

Val: No, don’t say that. *sniff* you can!

Florence: Don’t cry…

Val: … … I-I won’t.

D5Hgji9.png

Florence: I’m so… very proud of you.

A1QkkVh.png

Florence: …of our family.

It's really gonna happen...

9l8Z3Vg.png

Florence: the woman you are at heart.

QIzaI6T.pngNKLSwCc.png

Val: No!

cG5P1N6.pngk6unwTc.png

Ash: No…

Josie: Florence!

We were prepared for this... We always knew Florence was going to die. It's sad, and I'm sad, but-

CurmqKp.png

SERIOUSLY!??!

She's NOT DEAD YET? I know it sounds terrible to say, but this is taking me on a ridiculous emotional rollercoaster! This is practically the third "deathbed motivational speech" we've had, and every single time, it sounds like Florence is about to die, but at the end, no, she's just taking a little nap! I didn't want to get too attached to her, but now my emotions are being stretched, prepared to feel sad for her death, and then no, she's STILL ALIVE.

I don't even what to say anymore! I'm just ranting, because all the excess sadness was converted into anger when I didn't need it anymore! Or something like that! That's how emotions work, right?!

Okay, I'm just going to quiet down again and calm down, while emotionally preparing myself for her fourth deathbed speech. Listen to the game talk for a little bit!

Rayden: It’s best that we don’t try and wake her, for now.

9ldLPPC.png

Ash: V-Val?

Val: I’m alright, Ash. …It’s not like I forgot about her before I left, you know? We knew this would happen.

DrwQ6zB.png

Val: And we’re still preparing to attack that fort.

jSnUneU.pngOq2tEmn.png

Josie: That’s not like here, even if she were told not to cry.

wAMVal6.png

Ash: I’m not sure at what exactly, but this is bad.

Rayden: What was that she was saying about a fort?

Ash: Oh no… T-The fort! You have to go after her right now!

Josie: What?

Ash: She told me that they were planning to attack a fort. I was trying to tell her to put it off for a while.

Rayden: That’s not good. Josie, we’d better go after her, now! I’ll go and ask Lord Isaac for some help.

DesO9uZ.pngeqSg83j.png

SQzPWSO.png

Ash: Nngh… why… The pain is returning…

DqMqCnE.png

Okay, I'm back. Looks like Valentine, in a rage, has arrived at the desert fort, all by herself.

Val: So this is the place.

ijmRLTn.png

Egardeserter: Who are you?

PmhBIax.png

Egardeserter: “We”? Have you lost it or something? You’re the only one here.

All by herself... without her small army.

Val: …Just get out of my way.

i1Kr4F1.png

The most "I'm gonna get destroyed" line ever said.

HehnWyL.png

And then Valentine suddenly destroys the crap out of him!

jTBCsDv.png

Val: Just try it!

So0GHNH.pngowbVT4U.png

Do you guys think removing the odds being shown improves these scripted battles? It's certainly better than the approach Dream of Five took...

TGpqEDs.png

With two enemies poked to death, Valentine is stopped in her tracks by the prospect of a 2-ranged enemy!

Val: An archer… Damn.

iucGNn5.png

Egardesertarcher: W-What?

htcJTbu.png

And then... Andrei comes out of a nearby tree patch and rescues her? Huh?

rPcOJ1J.pngNMUNGKa.png

Andrei: Funny I should be saying this, but you should be more careful.

Val: What are you doing here?

Andrei: I saw Mother… late last night. Then I heard about this place from one of the soldiers.

2gcmC7u.png

Andrei: chumps. What about you?

393FTnd.png

Relieving emotional stress through killing enemies really isn't healthy... particularly when you don't have an army backing you up. Did Valentine intend to die out here?

Andrei: Right… Let your anger out in battle, that’s how I always do it. But you shouldn’t.

Val: …

Andrei: An assault on a place like this takes planning and numbers. I kinda wished I’d realized that sooner. *Sigh*

BoVbWIj.png

If you don't get what they mean, they have to hide from the marauding deserters, who are now on high alert.

Andrei: We’ll have to hide here for a while.

Val: I… don’t know what came over me, Andrei. Something in me just snapped when I saw her like that back there. Since we got here, I’d been so focused on the thought of being able to fight back against Egardia that I’d almost forgotten about her… I think maybe I was just hoping it wasn’t real.

Andrei: Don’t let that get you down. She would never be angry at you for something like that. …I’ve had a lot of time to think it over. We’ve lost a lot Val, but we’ve still got so much more that we can’t afford to lose, you know? I think that’s what she wanted to say to you.

Val: Huh?

ZIqSUrD.png

Val: R-Really?

Andrei: Yup. And I don’t imagine a Queen – well, a good one – to be the person I saw just a second ago. She’d need to be calm and collected, always. She’d be even stronger when things looked bad, but most of all… she’d always have the respect of her people. And that’s because they’d always know her heart’s in the right place.

Andrei said something right for once!

Val: Andrei… I’ve never heard you talk like this before.

Andrei: H-Huh?

Val: It’s beautiful.

Andrei: C’mon, don’t embarrass me. The point is… all is not lost. Not yet, anyway.

I still haven't quite forgiven you for Drake! We'll see about that when/if Drake turns out to be recruitable!

Val: I think I understand, Andrei.

3NJlMYE.png

Andrei: Looks like backup’s here, finally.

Andrei's blocking them from view, but the rest of our protagonists have shown up.

ZpwBPVL.png

Val: Aunt Josie, Uncle Rayden… I’m sorry about this.

Josie: Are you alright?

Val: Yes… I am now. Thanks to Andrei.

Josie: *Sigh* Thank the Goddess.

Rayden: Do we dare ask about you, Andrei?

ZnEBxqI.png

Josie: We’ll save it for later.

I mean... it did turn out for the better, sort of...

cjESxLP.png

Val: Sir Kane… You must think less of me.

Oh, they've come too! Sadly, no, they haven't brought their army with them.

Isaac: No, of course not. We heard about what happened. It’s understandable.

Val: Well either way… We should try and retreat for now, and come back later.

Isaac: That shouldn’t be necessary.

Val: Why not?

a4JEjdI.png

Kane: They won’t return for quite a while.

Andrei: Then let’s take that fort off their hands.

Val: Yes… let’s begin our assault.

But won't that still leave us a main guard unit to deal with afterwards! Though, I imagine it could be better done from the safety of a fort... okay, let's go!

END DIALOGUE

nUp3FBZ.png

At last! A prep screen!

7L28ie3.png

Introduced just in time to let us not take units along! Of course!

We're going to try to do this WITHOUT our resident crutch characters. Here's to hoping it goes well!

Um4juhj.pngcxDTm37.png

I know that you all prefer to have them used all at once, but despite Malakov's warning about weapons, I actually have so much stuff I'm running out of inventory space! With no convoy, I can't afford to cart the things around forever. Besides, Marco and Valentine clearly need these stats.

FXFX6gZ.png

This seems like very few units for what's probably going to be a big level.

R0BVKWX.png

Oh, goodie! We get Isaac and Kane too!

Val: Yes, Sir Kane?

Kane: I would have told you to hold back at the base, but I think you should take note of this.

2VSQsX9.png

Val: Are you sure you can spare it?

Kane: Of course. Please, ensure that your people are outfitted for battle sufficiently, whenever you get around to it.

There aren't any shops on this map, which makes this seem kind of odd. But hey, we'll be prepared when we do finally get some!

Val: I will. Thank you, Kane.

Kane: Also… I’m sorry to hear about your mother’s condition.

Val: Don’t worry about it. She had been afflicted for quite a while now.

Kane: Oh, I see. …Well, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

RMVmSxB.png

Val: Just keep it together.

ViQwEX3.png

A solid 10K makes it easier to keep yourself together, I imagine. Once we get to a shop, I'm definitely filling everyone up on weapons.

JYGle8I.png

Spoiler-map:

rvbx2Xm.png

I'd just like to say again, thank you WolfTwin for making my life easier.

The good news is, this won't take quite so long as Chapter 4... but, still pretty long. The maps in this hack increase in scale quite quickly, but then, that's to be expected. I've noticed, however, that it's really affecting our level curve, we're already pushing the halfway point of unpromoted levels. At the same time, though, this hack is a good deal shorter than a "normal" Fire Emblem (think Sacred Stones story length) so it's all to be expected.

pE53O55.pngXDC11iB.pngmRj3IFC.png

Isaac's joined our team! Believe it or not, he's actually a level below Kane. He seems like a very balanced unit, but we'll wait until we see his growths.

wdelIp1.png

Kane is still Kane from last time, but he's switched out his inventory. As an Axe Cavalier, he can use axes, and even if he isn't as good at it as Marco, he'll still be able to differentiate himself from Isaac by just being better against lance-users.

RMFcYON.pngt2n6KxD.pngIOCmUp5.pngXItsveK.png

We have plenty of new things to get from the enemies, including our on Sniper Arc, a hammer for either of our axe users, and the mysterious Claymore, which may or may not do something special.

imd3NET.pngOTKewtd.png

Oddly enough, this chapter seems to have no boss. Who knows if it'll stay that way...

And that's all there is to show!

NEXT TIME: New people all around, as we fight to survive!

GROWTHS:

Kane:

HP: 80%

Strength: 55%

Skill: 50%

Speed: 45%

Luck: 40%

Defense: 40%

Resistance: 15%

Total: 325%

Kane has incredibly balanced growths, which seem to lean oddly in favor of defense, considering he's an axe-wielding class. But then, most axe-wielding classes generally get very little defense, so I guess it's nice. We'll see how he turns out.

Isaac:

HP: 75%

Strength: 45%

Skill: 55%

Speed: 55%

Luck: 30%

Defense: 35%

Resistance: 30%

Isaac is a counterpart to Kane, being a bit less strong and tanky, but faster and more resistant to make up for it. Still, they both have very balanced growths, and I can see both being useful is rather generic-seeming units. But then, that's all up to the RNG, of course.

Well, when it comes to Kane and Isaac I can tell you what the general consensus results are for them: Kane is better early on, but by end game Isaac tends to be a bit better. Obviously not much different between the two overall but that's how it tends to work. Both pretty solid units.

And ya at this point in the game you have a real inventory crunch. Really have to look at the map and plan who's killing who when it comes to droppable weapons and make anybody left behind hold the maximum amount of items they can. Don't be afraid to burn healing items up to make room either.

Indeed I don't think going on your own and killing a bunch of chumps is a good way to deal with your stress. I know a much better way but then again Val is probably saving herself for a high-caliber man.

A man like this one :

YF0RSBY.png

Indeed I don't think going on your own and killing a bunch of chumps is a good way to deal with your stress. I know a much better way but then again Val is probably saving herself for a high-caliber man.

A man like this one :

YF0RSBY.png

You evil SoB... I like the way you think.

The whole drake thing always bothered me cause knights are my favorite class so I really wanted to use him, but I had to wait. You do get him eventually, and for me, he's my favorite character in the game

I hope it's well explained because if I was Drake I would go all Biba (kabaneri) on Andrei ass and kill him off.

Well, when it comes to Kane and Isaac I can tell you what the general consensus results are for them: Kane is better early on, but by end game Isaac tends to be a bit better. Obviously not much different between the two overall but that's how it tends to work. Both pretty solid units.

And ya at this point in the game you have a real inventory crunch. Really have to look at the map and plan who's killing who when it comes to droppable weapons and make anybody left behind hold the maximum amount of items they can. Don't be afraid to burn healing items up to make room either.

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to load up Rayden and Josie next chapter.

A man like this one :

YF0RSBY.png

You... you.... YOU...

Moniker probably already knows and is feigning ignorance, considering his name is on the growths sheet.

Dangit, enough with the spoilers! Not everyone here has played this hack... haven't they? Maybe?? I think???

Time to meet another new person in...

Requiem: Episode 6: Chapter 5: Part 1:

3Q0ez3f.png

I spend the first turn playing it safe, doing nothing other than having Marco lure out a knight and get this good level.

1Jy1Ifx.pngsFOcTvV.png

When suddenly, Kieran begins to foreshadow the special thing about this chapter! Also, there's more than one thing coming...

tk97M8k.pngNRI5sFA.png

Next, I lure out the cavaliers, but the reinforcements have already started on Turn 3.

7ukXS5V.pnghXvfhdf.png1PlS1RF.png

Kane and Isaac prove to be capable fighters who can beat enemies in their own class type. Working together, they have total weapon triangle control. Maybe I can get them some supports eventually?

6rCRCFX.png

Hey! Someone new! And a pegasus rider, too!

Peg lady: Why have they all run away like this, without saying a word… Gemma, Claire, Layla… Oh… now I’m even starting to wonder whether that

Yp0dOdJ.png

Kieran has another connection? There's a lot more to this guy than we thought... even more than the secret crush on Val that he obviously has!

UThpqau.png

Peg lady: I-I have to do something!

NXyOKnC.pngO4xNyz3.pngzMGIIFa.png

Nella has come to assist us, with acceptable stats. We don't know much about her yet, but she looks like a standard pegasus rider class, albeit with good base defense. I'll say more once I see her growths.

iifTlWh.pngFTXj72G.png

Reinforcements come, but this poses a problem for us. Because I opted to sit at the start instead of trying to sieze the bottom area, Nella is suddenly in danger. It's not a sure thing, but if I don't do anything, odds are the archer will do her in. How to get out of this...

FhGgAJj.png

Val begins to push her defense, which seems good since I gave her that dragonshield. She's actually somewhat tanky now!

Lanj8Rg.png

Kane rushes ahead. He can't kill the archer, but he can distract the enemies and have a reasonably good chance of survival.

jfpoBRc.pngTsHxbhW.png

We all pull through!

p506Vg8.png

Why is this healer here? Was she one of the female prisoners these guys took, and conscripted into their forces? Was she always with the deserters? Maybe I shouldn't have brutally slaughtered her...

...Nah.

RPknlEm.png

Nella steals a kill, but she's within Kieran's range, and Kieran can probably talk to her, right?

U1FELIT.pngvZAEePs.png

Sheesh, Kieran! How do you even get that close when you're riding different mounts?!

IXhoRHV.png

Nella: You’re the only one who can sneak up on me like that.

HzLlNED.png

Kieran: …Fine. Why are you here?

IM1ludi.png

Nella: I’ve been searching for her for weeks now. I just don’t understand… Why does this keep happening? Is it something I’m doing?

746VKL2.png

Kieran, you're so cold.

Nella: I care, I care, and I care, but it just isn’t enough.

Kieran: …

Nella: Do you think she’s alright?

Kieran: …How should I know?

Nella: …I don’t know. I’m just trying to restore some hope to myself. …Oh!

zsSjGdD.png

Nella: You were always different. You always seemed to understand me

3IGKLEb.png

...Are you SURE about that, Nella?

Nella: You’ll help me find the rest, won’t you, Kieran?

GwTk5aQ.pngdqfp0zh.png

Nella: This makes me so hopeful!

Is Nella in denial or something? Kieran's being a real jerk!

D4UlBDs.png

What the HECK, Kieran?!

I don't get this conversation, but... we did get Nella on our side, so there is that.

yYNfHXO.png

Even more reinforcements arrive. This place is getting pretty crowded.

NwjEqFp.png

Better put our new units to use! She can at least beat a mercenary in a straight fight.

N7syvy5.png1O51PIm.png

I continue to make use of our new units.

pNKJaOV.png

Too much use. I shouldn't have equipped him with the steel sword, my fault as usual.

7R3ajnz.pngRxXBPEz.png

Isaac: I’ll survive. But the resistance comes first. Protect Valentine.

It's actually been a while since we had a BS death. I should consider myself lucky, but really, it just means I only have myself to blame.

0IXZMEo.png

This time, we'll give him proper protection!

qLXg86w.png

None of you have any idea how long it took for me to decide this utterly perfect position. Just out of the range of the mage and fighter, but in range to attract the merc and soldier. It's PERFECT.

PQdMMY1.png

He lives this time.

bKR83xo.png

Once we clear this giant crowd of enemies, the bottom of the map will be ours, and things should be easier from there.

YApTVLY.png

I really like the Fine Spear. Seeing pegs in the normal FE games get doubled by every random fighter because their low CON mitigated their speed was sad. I wonder if it has higher-tier versions?

ZYUS1PR.png

Pretty please?

HPXLXM2.png

YES!

dslOlrl.png

I guess all this good luck had to turn around sometime. Still! Bad Val!

hXNADAU.png

And crit again! Looks like we're mostly sa-

8kvVMWc.pngi3Cu5Bz.png

Wait, he feels a bad feeling too? There isn't a third thing coming, so were we both getting each others bad vibes? Weird. Either way, meet the REAL boss of this chapter.

Bossman: Easy now, Maw… You’ll get your meal soon enough!

q7Zb0OB.png

CAN OUR GROUP DEFEAT HIM?

...Find out next time. Obviously.

GROWTHS:

Nella's Growths:

HP: 70%

Strength: 35%

Skill: 60%

Speed: 65%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 30%

Resistance: 30%

Nella seems like a very standard pegasus rider! She has pretty good HP for her class, in exchange for less resistance than normal. Her strength is poor, so we'll have to hope the RNG gives her enough to be useful. Still 325% total, just like everyone else.

Nella's bases look more like they belong on a level 1 Peg, not a level 9 one! That 35% strength growth wouldn't be so bad if she were level 1, since Falcon Knights have a low strength cap anyway. She still seems okay though, and that Strength problem can be fixed by giving her a lance with high might and/or crit. Her con is actually rather high for a Peg, and that high skill should help with proccing crits.

I've gotta agree on the con thing. I'm not a fan of how the GBA games handled weight in general. I prefer the way FE9-11 did it, by making strength the stat that prevents AS loss.