TheMoniker plays: Fire Emblem Requiem

TheMoniker

Title  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should I play the one and only chapter of Alicia/Hector mode?

Not using Katarina would mean you'd miss the items you receive in the after chapter stuff. I think there's another character who can also get something by attacking her but I can't remember for sure

Also, Thelma's speed advantage is quite critical for when comparing her to Andrei. Your Andrei has a tad more defence than normal, and she pretty much always has more res. So they frequently have very similar levels of strength, skill, and def, but she'll have more speed and res.

She also has a paired ending with Isaac. His only paired ending IIRC. Soooo its pretty much canon!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not using Katarina would mean you'd miss the items you receive in the after chapter stuff. I think there's another character who can also get something by attacking her but I can't remember for sure

Also, Thelma's speed advantage is quite critical for when comparing her to Andrei. Your Andrei has a tad more defence than normal, and she pretty much always has more res. So they frequently have very similar levels of strength, skill, and def, but she'll have more speed and res.

She also has a paired ending with Isaac. His only paired ending IIRC. Soooo its pretty much canon!

I'm glad I used her then, I'd hate to miss out on goodies! Also, comparing her to Thelma, I think Andrei has turned out pretty well, but speed is definitely his biggest weakness. He has a hard time doubling and it noticeably holds him back. I hope I find some more statboosters before the hack ends so I can give some to him.

Time to get goodies in...

The CHAPTER 21 PRELUDE!

DQfR3g1.png

Ash: She didn’t want to fight us.

oIhck70.png

Alicia: But the dark magic has clearly affected her, all the same.

Does this mean all the other enemies we're fighting are civilians or random soldier groups who had their minds taken control of by the rampaging magic? If that's the case, then I kind of feel bad now...

Ash: Hmm…

Alicia: What is it?

Ash; Judging by her clothing, she is a priestess of the Church of Oddeste.

nZR7b46.png

Ash: You know her, Uncle?

Rayden: Yes. And you are correct about her affiliation to the church.

Ash: The church was attacked though. So the question is… what was she doing all the way out here to get herself attacked by the hollow army?

Rayden: If you want the answers to those questions, you’ll have to wait a bit longer, Ash.

XWCCspP.png

At the very least, she isn't dead. That's good to know.

Rayden: She needs treatment.

Alicia: Then perhaps we’d better sit tight and wait for her to recover. There’s a small fort just down by the bridge there, right?

Rayden: Is that acceptable, Ash? I know you’ve been worried about how much time we have.

Ash: … … Of course. As much as I’d like to speed things along, we need this, right?

Rayden: Alright then.

LiaDBtS.png

Inside this random fort at night, we get to talk more with Thelma...

Thelma: …Much better. I haven’t had a decent meal or a moment of rest for a while.

Val: You do look like you’ve been on the road for a long time.

Thelma: Everywhere I went, I ran into soldiers like the ones we faced today. I had to take a few detours, to put it bluntly.

Val: …Did you come all this way alone?

Thelma: Yes.

Andrei: From where?

L3OnkNr.png

Val: What?! You came all the way from Megelar, alone, just to help us? You really shouldn’t have taken such a big risk, as much as we appreciate any assistance that we might get.

I know this is supposed to be a big impact, but since we never had any world map shown to us, I can't really get a sense in my head of where Megalar is. I know she's come from far, but not HOW far.

Thelma: …I’m sure you both know of what happened in Megelar.

ZT86UW4.png

Uh... is that the dark magic or a civil war, or some other plot point I've forgotten about?

Thelma: But then I heard about the resistance force fighting back against the Egardians. Joining the fight here was all that I could think to do.

Val: I’m sorry… This war has a taken a lot from all of us…

Thelma: …yes, it has.

Val: …What’s the matter?

Thelma: Look, you two seem nice, so I’m going to share a little secret with you. But I’d rather not have everyone know just yet.

Val: …Alright. What is it?

9Zt1k9A.pngCKL0X8U.png

Oh wow. She's secretly a princess!

Val: Is that… rightfully yours, or are you holding onto it?

Thelma: …It’s mine. I am a first cousin – twice removed – of the late Lord Darius Megelar. Now, I stand as one of the last legitimate heirs to the house.

Or, uh, a distant relative now the last one remaining in line for the throne. Basically the same as a princess.

Val: Goodness…

Thelma: That is my secret.

Andrei: Why don’t you want anyone to know about that?

Thelma: I don’t like the expectations associated with it. That’s why I came out here, alone. I couldn’t just sit around there in Megelar anymore.

Val: Thelma… that’s alright, it really is. You shouldn’t feel ashamed of something like that.

Thelma: Mm… perhaps not. Anyway, once again, thank you for taking me in.

J03va0h.png

Andrei: rulership of Megelar?

Val: Obviously, I can’t speak for her, exactly, but I think I can understand. When Father died, I was scared of accepting the responsibilities as well. The difference is… I had you, Ash, Mother, Aunt, and Uncle. After the devastation in Megelar, she may well have no one to help.

Andrei: …Yeah, I guess that’s a fair point.

Well, Megelar can't really recover until we stop the entire world from hollowing, or whatever's at stake here!

JPm3noA.pngUIlJB61.png

Rayden: I can’t really do anything to combat the dark magic’s grasp on her. Although she seems to be resisting it well. I’ve done what I can to ease her pain for now, though.

Alicia: To think that even a disciple of the Pure One could be taken in by the darkness like this.

I'm surprised none of us have been taken by this darkness at all. Ash is the only one who's come anywhere close. Aren't we top-priority targets? What makes us different from them?

Ash: I suppose it is that very fact that has allowed her to maintain some sense of herself.

Rayden: If she awakes, I figure she’ll have some information to share. Sister Zara was always very close to the matron of the church of Oddeste. She may know more about what exactly it is we’re facing. We were very fortunate to catch her here before someone else did.

Ash: …I wonder about that.

Alicia: What do you mean?

Ash: I’m not sure exactly.

Rayden: Well, either way, we should stay put until she wakes up. You can leave the questioning to me, you two. Get some rest.

Ash: Thank you, Uncle.

Ash sprints on out...

6MBqn4i.pngsD4DvDn.png

AdIHvKS.png

Ash: I… don’t think that we just met by chance here like this.

Hmm... Maybe Shel wants us to know what we're up against, to be extra scared?

Alicia: Well, what do you think it is?

Ash: The darkness across the lands is intensifying. I haven’t felt any pain since we set off for Berran. In fact, I feel stronger than I ever have before. It must have something to do with whatever Shel is planning. It may well already be in motion. …Can’t you feel it, too?

Alicia: …I guess so. Since what happened in Olva, I feel almost completely disconnected from all of this. I’m sorry, but I’m of no more use to you than anyone else, right now? I can use this dark magic, but that’s about it.

Ash: That’s not true, Alicia. And there’s nothing to apologize for.

Alicia: Hm?

Ash: …You’re important to me. I couldn’t be as strong without you here.

Alicia: A-Ash…

Awww...

Ash: … … Sorry. I guess I shouldn’t say things like that to you.

Alicia: No, it’s not that. I was just surprised.

Ash: …Oh, alright.

Alicia: … … …Ash, are you scared?

Ash: Of course.

qSmbK4w.png

Ash: I didn’t stand a chance. …This whole time, I’ve been afraid of facing him again. And yet now, when we have to go face him, the stakes will be even higher then before.

But our numbers are way higher. Even if he charged our team right now, we probably wouldn't need to run away.

Alicia: … That’s undeniably true.

Ash: And even if I do defeat Shel, what does that change about me?

OT0LJG1.png

I know we can beat Shel, but I don't know if Ash will live through it or not. I can only hope he does.

Alicia: …I don’t know. But Ash, I’m telling you now, I’m not going to let you die. No matter what happens.

Ash: …Thank you.

AmUebnG.png

Meanwhile... it looks like Zara's woken up. Now we can get some information.

Rayden: Sister Zara. I’m glad to see that you’re back with us.

Zara: Lord… Rayden?

Rayden: Do you recall what happened?

Zara: Y-Yes… I think so. I was under the thrall of that dark magic. …It does not feel as strong as it did before.

Rayden: That’s good. Now, Sister, I need you to tell me how you found yourself in this situation.

Zara: …Mother Gwendolyn had sent me on a task to investigate a growing dark power that she sensed in the land. I headed North, deep into Berran with a small group of mercenaries.

r0nQP7D.png

Zara: I managed to escape… but then… I’m not sure what happened after that… it’s all blank.

Rayden: …What did you see in this place you mentioned?

Zara: Oh… hmm…

Rayden: Oh… I’m sorry. Perhaps I’m asking too much of you so soon.

ScS9bZa.png

Zara: Not good at all…

Rayden: Tell me.

E8RtP8v.png

TITLE DROP.

We really are at the end of the game now.

Rayden: A requiem?

Zara: A “dark requiem”, the event is known more specifically as. Someone is gathering up souls in order to offer them up to a dark spirit.

Rayden: And what happens after that?

bLTjfu6.png

Zara: to sustain itself with it’s full power within a living container. It is a similar technique that we priestesses might use in order to communicate with the Goddess, only this event will be much more powerful, and most likely permanent.

So... using the souls of all the dead people to power up somebody with an evil spirit... probably the spirit of dark magic that's communicating with Ash!

Rayden: …Is there a way to stop it?

Zara: …A spirit cannot just enter any living body it pleases. There must be a specific host. In this case, I would assume that means the ones who are amassing the souls of others within themselves. If… you could destroy the containers, then the offering could not be made.

ExkCvjE.png

Well, it's better than losing even more souls.

Rayden: … …

Zara: My apologies, Lord Rayden. I wish I could be of more help.

Rayden: No, no… Compared to what we knew before, you’ve given us a lot of information. If we can just defeat Shel, then this might just end.

Zara: …My Lord.

Rayden: Yes?

Zara: The one in the hood with you… Lord Ash, I believe? He too, is heavily afflicted by this magic, is he not?

Rayden: …Sadly, yes. He’s the one I wish to save, more than anyone.

Zara: …I feel a great darkness about him. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever felt before.

Rayden: There is no need to worry. He has no plans to assist this “Dark Requiem”, I assure you.

Zara: …That is not my concern. I am worried that if the plan goes into motion, he may have no choice,

Wait, Ash might be the vessel, rather than Shel? That would be a painful final boss to fight!

Zara: …Forgive me. But I thought I should say something beforehand.

Rayden: …That’s alright.

Zara: … …

Rayden: I would ask one more thing of you, if that’s alright.

Zara: Anything, my lord…

And then it fades out. I guess we won't know right now.

B9Nh1LQ.png

Zara: I beg your forgiveness for allowing this vessel to be tainted by the darkness. But please, let your blessings be upon these brave warriors who dare to face it.

*offscreen*: Excuse me, may I come in?

Zara: Yes, of course.

SLoMe7K.png

Zara: Yes, I think so. Though I’m afraid that I won’t be able to provide much assistance to you and this group you travel with.

Sadly, Zara won't be joining us as a playable unit. She might show up for some purpose in the 2 chapters I haven't played, though, I don't know.

Katarina: It will be fine. Having traveled in the company of these people for so long, I know that they are strong, even without our aid.

Zara: That’s good to know. And you look like you have learned to fit well, Katarina.

Katarina: O-Oh… you know of me, Sister?

Zara: Of course. Mother Gwen always spoke highly of you. A “prodigy” she often called you.

Katarina: A prodigy?

Zara: Yes… She used to say similar things about me, too. But I no longer deserve any such titles. I have failed her.

Katarina: Why do you say that?

Zara: Because I have failed in my mission, and allowed such a darkness to envelop the land. Not only that, but I allowed my soul to become impure.

Katarina: No. This is not your fault.

Zara: … …

Katarina: It’s true. The war in the land… It was all just a distraction for this darkness to rise.

Zara: Why do you say that?

jo8A2Bv.png

Wait, what?

Zara: W-What!? That can’t be…

Katarina: I’m afraid it’s true… I saw the results of the damage done with my own eyes. Our brothers and sisters were murdered in cold blood, and our connection to the goddess has been severed.

Okay, did I miss something here? Does she mean a specific church was destroyed, or that the main cathedral of the Church of Oddeste was destroyed, or something else?

Zara: That is… unbelievable.

Katarina: That is why I now work my very hardest to preserve Her ideals within the people of this army.

Zara: I see… You are very strong-willed, Sister Katarina. It looks like she was indeed right about you.

Katarina: No – I myself was weak, and I still am. I have many a time had doubts in my own faith, as of late. But being alongside Lady Valentine and the others gives me the strength to hold onto that faith. That is why I believe that they will put an end to this.

Zara: … Then I shall believe in them with you, Sister.

Sa3nbOM.png

Zara: to you.

Now for our goodies!

Katarina: T-This is too much… I’m not experienced enough to use these holy gifts.

Zara: Just give it time. I know you are able.

Katarina: T-Thank you, Sister Zara.

kY3d0jB.pngsdTKwJi.png

Katarina gets a Holy Flare, the same weapon Zara used against us in this chapter! However, since Katarina generally keeps out of combat, and we haven't gotten one Monk to use this whole hack, it might lie unused forever. Still, it's a good weapon!

kcDuqqP.png

We also get something Katarina can and will use - a Fortify staff! Wonderful!

qDYrWrX.png

NEXT TIME: We get to take down another major plot enemy.

Megelar is the same country Edward came from. There's another character that came from that country. Not a playable character but somebody Edward pointed out. You learn a little bit more about the situation if you have Thelma support with Isaac. Also if you use her and have her battle a certain enemy two maps from now, you learn a little bit more again. (I have some grips about the various things that can be revealed in that chapter and how little in the way of hints you get before hand about them, but I'll cover that when the LP gets there).

Also I believe Katarina found out about the church's destruction during the time skip. She had gone to travel back there. Probably arrived and found it destroyed.

Monks don't exist in that hack, I think their animation was used for something else that would crash the class roll (which is why the class roll was disabled).

So if you wanna use that A-rank tome, you'll need to have either Katarina or Rayden use nothing but Shine.

Megelar is the same country Edward came from. There's another character that came from that country. Not a playable character but somebody Edward pointed out. You learn a little bit more about the situation if you have Thelma support with Isaac. Also if you use her and have her battle a certain enemy two maps from now, you learn a little bit more again. (I have some grips about the various things that can be revealed in that chapter and how little in the way of hints you get before hand about them, but I'll cover that when the LP gets there).

Also I believe Katarina found out about the church's destruction during the time skip. She had gone to travel back there. Probably arrived and found it destroyed.

Alright. I want to see all the content of the hack and get all the conversations and stuff, but... it's a LOT! Thankfully, you're here to help illuminate some story stuff.

Monks don't exist in that hack, I think their animation was used for something else that would crash the class roll (which is why the class roll was disabled).

So if you wanna use that A-rank tome, you'll need to have either Katarina or Rayden use nothing but Shine.

A rank probably won't happen, since I'm not using Rayden and Katarina needs to spend all her turns healing. I wonder what the monk animation was used for, though? Axe cavaliers?

The CHAPTER 22 PRELUDE!

6fmrgIv.png

More non-indicative chapter names. I'm not even sure what this one means.

vbuDRxK.png

Val: W-Why does it have to b-be so c-cold out h-here?

Our new setting for the last levels: Snowy mountains!

Andrei: …It must suck to be the only one of us who hasn’t been up north before.

Val: Y-Yes, it does.

Andrei: Well, believe me when I say that this isn’t the worst of it, at all. I’m sure Aunt Josie can confirm that, in full.

F7bs14c.png

Val: L-Look, don’t get me w-wrong, I’m not against this country. I-It’s b-beautiful up here. Peaceful, even… Oh… perhaps I shouldn’t say that, considering what happened up here.

Andrei: Yeah, maybe not. Hey Alicia, where’s Ash?

Alicia: He’s up front, with your Aunt and Uncle.

Andrei: …Again? Well, I’m gonna go see how he’s doing.

Mscp036.png

Alicia: It’s not exactly warm out here, I’ll admit, but don’t you think the chattering is overdoing it a bit much?

Val: I-I’m not faking this, you know?

Alicia: Seriously?

Val: S-Seriously…

As someone who lives in the northern portion of the United States, when I see people freaking out in the news over a few inches of snow, this is how I feel. Of course, I'd probably look the same to Canadians...

Alicia: Hah, you’re hopeless…

5V5kP2A.png

Mundane utility! Now I want spells. Can't recharge your phone? LIGHTNING TOME! Stubbed your toe? HEAL STAVE!

Val: P-Please… if it will help.

Alicia: From the looks of things, we might have bigger problems soon enough, anyways. Our march has really slowed down.

Val: … That’s not surprising. We never prepared for the possibility of having to march through Berran.

Alicia: … Yeah.

Val: Oh… I really do feel warm now. Thank you, Alicia.

Alicia: It’s only temporary, so don’t get too used to it.

Val: …I’ll try not to.

Alicia: …Do you remember what you said about Ash, in Olva, before we met up with Lord Rayden?

Val: …What about it?

Alicia: Well, I spoke to Ash a few days ago. He’s scared…

DYV3IxD.png

Alicia: …I tried saying what I could, but it doesn’t seem like I reached him in any way I wanted to… I’m sorry.

Val: Why are you sorry?

Alicia: …Because I couldn’t help. In fact, I may have just made things worse, by trying to

HOdhFRI.png

To be honest, that's how I feel at times... I have trouble talking about serious stuff. I'm good at being funny but I struggle in other situations...

...But that's enough talking about serious stuff!

Alicia: I shouldn’t have said anything… Not before you, anyways.

Val: Oh… Well, please, don’t worry too much about it.

Alicia: Are you sure?

Val: …Yes. I’ve been avoiding trying to talk to him for a while now and I’m not really sure why. But if things are looking bad, then I can’t keep putting it off any longer. …I’ll talk to him.

PSsZJf8.png

Ash: Is there nothing we can do to get around this more quickly?

PxwCuuM.pngjod3hZR.png

Josie: possible alternatives either. And with the winter season being so rough up here in the hills, the snowstorm isn’t going to let up anytime soon.

Well, evidently we're having trouble getting to the final battle. The longer we wait, the more battles the enemy will throw at us between now and the ending!

92CVAN9.png

Rayden: here for now. If anything, we need to find some shelter before we start losing people to the cold. Any ideas, Josie?

dUTvwO8.png

Josie: hills, if I remember correctly.

Ash: …Fine then, if we have no choice.

Well, this will probably be our battle setting today. "Accidentally" looking ahead in the map guide earlier, I thought this chapter was the prison...

jpohJLF.png

Ash! People rushing ahead never goes well!

Andrei: Don’t worry, I’ve got it!

*Andrei leaves*

Josie: *sigh*

R1trlQu.pngcnX1Hhd.png

We've got a map. The battle is incoming...

6LOL7oq.png

Andrei: Hey, Ash!

Ash: What?

Andrei: Just slow down, alright? The wind’s picked up a bit and I think some of our people got split off from the rest of us.

As we'll see when the chapter starts...

Ash: …Sorry.

Andrei: …What’s gotten into you all of a sudden? You’re not usually the type to rush ahead like this, anyways.

Ash: … …

Andrei: …I had assumed that Val had already said something about it, but I guess she hasn’t.

3X2LYbs.png

Andrei: I know things are looking pretty bad, but we’re all going to make it through this, trust me.

Ash: You don’t understand, Andrei. It won’t be that simple.

bvf2408.png

Scrolling up...

Ash: I said, you don’t understand. I have to-

Andrei: No, not that.

Ash: What are you doing?

Andrei: Ash, get behind me, now!

cNiRxyz.png

Matthias charges out of the darkness and assaults Andrei!

ulNPZk5.pngwUHhuDq.pnglPY7Jcg.png

It's probably for the best that the combat is rigged. Andrei wouldn't instantly die, but he's destined to lose this engagement long-term. Either way, both people take hits.

V0pnQ62.png

Matthias: You’re still alive.

PqZjMpl.png

Andrei: C-Crap…

Ash: H-Hold on, Andrei! I’ve got you.

MOh2qYJ.png

Phew, everyone's here now.

Ash: Keep your voices down. We’re not alone here.

Val: Andrei! What happened?

moenPCh.png

Andrei: Trust me…

Josie: Who the hell did this!?

Speaking of who did this, he isn't done talking to us.

fSbqz1G.png

Matthias: vengeance, I’m standing right here. I’ve always wanted to test my strength against someone like you, Josephine.

Quick, everyone! Attack! With all the characters working together, we'd kill him for sure!

Josie: I’ll make you regret it!

Val: Aunt Josie, no! It must be a trick.

Matthias: Don’t make me laugh. I have no need of trickery to defeat you, Valentine.

x0Vbq3A.png

Matthias: We can settle this here between us, or we can settle it inside these walls. Your choice.

Val: …Inside, then. But she’s right. You are going to regret hurting my brother. And everything else you’ve done to the people of the world. I promise you that.

Matthias: …Fine, then.

MdTtFiB.png

And he's going to pull back behind his waves of mooks. Why didn't you all take that opportunity!?

Matthias: It’s not like defeating me will change your fates.

SSP0m5o.png

Matthias: …What do you want?

Alicia: Lord Bran… your Father … is dead. And it’s not because of us. You know that, I know you do.

Matthias: …So?

Alicia: “So”? So, how can you still fight with Legato? He’s just using you, like he did with Lord Bran. Don’t you know what they’re going to do to this world?

Matthias: …Of course I do. But why do you think that concerns me?

*Matthias leaves*

Alicia: …What? W-Wait!

We don't know Matthias's motivations, but he's not going to have any change of heart, that much is clear.

END DIALOGUE

pJVrR0F.png

Okay! This chapter is an interesting one, and one of the very few chapters in this hack that uses fog.

6Rx9OZo.png

Before we get started, let's use the old switcheroo trick: Thief probing! Switch Edward here around in the deployment screen, and look for enemies!

Sadly, this hack doesn't give us any torches, so we can't use Thief + Torch for SUPER VISION.

lCrL3xc.png

Also, we've been split into two groups on opposite sides of the map. This group starts with all the lords forced into it, so I've added a healer, Andrei, and Ordanze.

Let's start the level!

wymTi0N.png

Andrei: Yeah, I’m fine. He was just… stronger than I imagined.

Ash: Good. Thank you, Andrei. You were right about me needing to slow down…

eKkD8mP.png

I don't know, Ash would've stood more of a chance than Andrie, probably.

kdGUzCh.png

Andrei: You can do this!

He's not okay. Future events have me wondering if I shouldn't have deployed him...

FTqwwa3.pngTedHgUR.png

Oh, Josie. What are you doing out? Are you going to stay out?

CKKJoQv.png

Ah, she's part of the rear guard! I guess that's what the other 90% of our blue and green units are doing! Guarding the rear!

...Couldn't we have a FEW more of you out here?

Josie: I thought I should give you a heads up about this place.

Ash: Yeah?

Josie: Like most forts in Berran, this place runs underground. You’ll want to be careful about moving forward before

UiAdPV2.png

As all fog maps do, this map isn't particularly hard - easy, almost - but it has a few curveballs to watch out for.

Ash: I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks, Aunt Josie.

Josie: No problem. Teach that Matthias a lesson he’ll never forget. But don’t underestimate him.

Ash: Got it.

tVSM1D2.png

It's not a very big map, but... it's snowing...

(Also, on the snowy palette, the start-button map really doesn't show off the color of the situation very well...)

Since the one with fog isn't very spoily, have a map:

Uy1ROhg.png

...Hmm, these are a little different. And again, I can see why. The bottom section has no point whatsoever. I assume the changes are to speed up the beginning part?

SPOILER-MAP:

s6i7FJB.png

Our very last one... well, thank you Wolftwin, for making things easier for me as you did. Looks like I'll be back to making my own for the last few. Look forward to some badly spliced images, and also you don't get info on what the reinforcements are or what the chests contain!

2CS3Iwq.png

This is what the enemies look like. Many of the enemies are still unpromoted, but we have more promoted ones every chapter and they haven't stopped getting tougher.

enJCWk3.png

Phew, this is going to be a tiring affair already... Well, let's end the prelude here.

s4BmjLR.png

BUT WAIT! Before we do, Alicia and Val can talk!

QphrJx8.png

Val: Alicia?

Alicia: What!?

Val: H-Hey. Just calm down. It’s me.

Alicia: …Sorry. It’s just… that Matthias! He really pisses me off!

Val: Look… just try to keep your focus. He’s dangerous, and his soldiers likely are too.

Alicia: Yeah… I know that. Thanks, Valentine.

Val: You’re welcome. Although, can I ask… What’s your relationship with him like, exactly? With him being Bran’s son, you must know him well.

Alicia: Yeah, you’d think so, wouldn’t you? But my relationship with him is nothing like the one I had with Lord Bran. Ever since I met him, he’d always been the same. Even when I was just a kid, and hadn’t joined the Egardian military. He constantly looked down on me, acting like I’m nothing. But I just can’t understand why.

Val: He must not have liked how close you were to Lord Bran.

Alicia: Yeah… that’s the best explanation. But it’s like I displaced him, or anything. He was never close with him. In fact, they were always at odds. They barely even talked. …Maybe I just read it all wrong.

Val: You sound sad now. I thought you were angry at him.

Alicia: I am! *sigh* But I had always wish that maybe… maybe I could just bring them together, somehow.

Val: Why?

Alicia: I never had a real family. I guess I just wanted to be in the presence of one.

Val: Alicia… is that part of why you tried to help Ash and I out, back when you were on their side? You wanted to keep us together?

Alicia: W-What? Haha! I think the cold must be getting to your head. Do you want me to warm you up again or something?

*Alicia leaves*

Val: O-Oh… hmm…

Alright. Now that we have a suitable amount of backstory, we can be finished! Look forward to a fun foggy snowy romp... NEXT TIME!

By using her pretty much.

How do I put this... she is more important than you realize. But the only way you can find out before the last cutscene of the game is to bother to use her and get supports with her. Which you should do I mean, its a dancer that can heal and dodge tank. Pretty great utility character, and once she gets her levels going she's not super vulnerable.

To further emphasize the point that she's more important that she looks: she had a convo with Bran if you had let him target her with an attack.

Edited by TheNiddo

If you had brought the dancer to this map, she would have gotten those other rings that Ninian can get in a cutscene.

Also that later on event doesn't change either way if you deploy him or not.

Alright, that's good to know...

By using her pretty much.

How do I put this... she is more important than you realize. But the only way you can find out before the last cutscene of the game is to bother to use her and get supports with her. Which you should do I mean, its a dancer that can heal and dodge tank. Pretty great utility character, and once she gets her levels going she's not super vulnerable.

To further emphasize the point that she's more important that she looks: she had a convo with Bran if you had let him target her with an attack.

Aww... If I had realized she was a super-important character, I would have used her. Of course, I have to say, that's pretty obscure. I mean, letting your dancer get attacked by the super general boss? Now I feel bad for deciding to have more attackers and healers over utility dancer...

Requiem: Episode 24: Chapter 22: Fortress of Fog

ncJm6gd.png

As we advance, we of course are immediately under a lot of fire. The enemies are slowed down by the snow too, so the whole battle is going to play out in slow motion for a little while.

NctbA2r.png

Phew, close one!

KEmeWmT.png

Yikes! They have an Impulse user on their side, and he SERIOUSLY injures Kieran. I'll need to hold him back...

AkxkdXH.png2L190se.png

Hawke heads over to handle the enemies by the stairs. He does his job.

8tg1Z1F.png

Meanwhile, the other group has encountered little adversity, but some of the enemies now charge down to meet them. Things are going pretty slowly, but once we're indoors, we'll be out of the snow!

efZnZCG.png

Reaver vs Reaver 93 miss. Man, these battle situations are WEIRD. And also, unlucky for me.

pYiiLAU.png

Oh, yikes! Some of you might have noticed this assassin hanging out in the corner in the map I showed in the prelude. Well, I totally forgot about him, and he's in the perfect position to be missed in the fog and surprise you.

kSxAvXL.png

Luckily, I intervened before he could give Almer any trouble.

FE85k0e.png

You stay away from Kieran, you jerk!

o59gsYq.png

Finally... finally, out of the cold!

l9NYHdB.png

And the snow picks now to stop. Because of course it does. I guarantee you that this was entirely intended by mother nature.

9fdZLA3.png

Generals pop out of the stairs to harass us.

yXfFBW8.png

Wait, Ice Cage is good against cavaliers too? I thought it was just armor knights! I can't believe I'm discovering this JUST NOW!

MWpcgxe.png

Ash accidentally lures out a Hero.

5y6ZBGQ.png

Die, general! Die!

QT0B5G2.png

Here's how things are looking. Both groups are advancing nicely, and we're looking in good shape to meet up in the middle. Also, Edward's split off to open some chests.

wX8ICaX.png

Alicia! Lead the way, and explore the darkness to find the EVIL, MONSTROUS enemies lurking-

5PCYUuE.png

Oh, just an archer. Okay.

N78oLO3.png

AND WARRIORS WITH DEMON AXES! GAH!

8FjFbUU.png

Since this warrior didn't Devil Weapon himself into oblivion, Alicia kills him for him.

I7qhxiC.png1LShV4w.png

If you thought you could just send Edward up to loot the chest at the top, think again. The game's reinforcements could have left Edward in a bad position here, but luckily I left Hawke behind to help cover him.

sO5rl8L.pngqSJ1TFt.png

This lets us successfully nab the S-rank Anima tome! Alicia will love this.

1LZbyUQ.pngIohGI9p.png

Our groups have almost met up, but the enemies just won't leave us alone! Grr!

ggA14ll.png

Also, something emerges from up here...

FGSDDMU.png

Dangit, Edward! Surely, you can take one hero?

67vzvIh.png

I keep accidentally luring out enemies. It's really easy to do in this map. At least the defenses will be weaker when I get there...

caOHRLm.png

Alicia! Lead the charge! Again!

VNSIV9x.png

Edward lets us sneak a peek at some of the top part of the map's defenses. It looks... surprisingly empty?

JYPIMk6.png

Continuing the trend, Gemma accidentally lures out a sniper. She holds out okay, though.

LuMqBie.png

All together now! Let's get Matthias!

rsBMfzf.png

Wyverns! With super effective weapons! In a fog map! Luckily, Alicia is prepared for this sort of thing.

p8p0g6y.pngNwTh4p5.pngMnZXoW3.png

Reinforcements from the top and back. Almer's in a spot of trouble but I can bring some of my units back to kill the cavaliers.

M1Sz8be.png

Katarina gets a fourteenth level, and I realize it's been a while since we looked at her stats. Feast your eyes upon this utter NONSENSE. She's so good it hurts. If she didn't spend every waking minute healing my other units, she could probably destroy half the bosses we fight all on her lonesome.

C5rwYXp.pngW2pAozK.png

Looks like the reinforcements we saw earlier were sages. Alicia moves to lure them out, and everyone moves into the hallway.

KEM4gTk.png

Wait! No! What!

Matthias: However, the real challenge is defeating me.

Aw4eyex.pngD69tOiT.png

This guy... Matthias doesn't bother staying on his throne! Yikes! At least Drake has the tankiness to take it.

yXKFX7O.pngPxCoqnG.pngvo2JVTa.pngZsXSilk.png

Actually, maybe this is a good thing. I'd rather he equip Fury then that insane Errandral.

Matthias is VERY tough. If we can take this guy, we can take Shel, pretty much. Well-rounded stats and just generally good at everything, but he doesn't have terrain backing him up. We'll lure him out and bring him down! Of course, the chapter ends once we do, so I might want to wait a minute on that...

Also, we get the Royal Emblem he has at the end of the chapter as a non-droppable item. However, I have a better idea...

ZtvG6rq.png

Okay, VERY CAREFULLY stay out of his range...

pPFy03T.png

You just can't quit with the reinforcements, can you?

1L5SR3V.pngk7gwFWb.png

I fan out a little and explore the other parts of Matthias's area. Looks pretty empty.

ZEKBHjh.pngmDZawkC.png

Edward robs the rest of the chests, netting us a Hero Arc (which WOULD complete the set if I hadn't lost the sword) and a Scimitar (pretty much a Wo Dao, but it's really late to be getting one!).

That's all the chests, let's take on the boss!

KhgH09W.png

Come to think of it, Alicia is so strong I COULD blow him apart from total safety if I wanted to. I don't really want to, though.

n9QQLXX.png

I mean, if she can nuke him from a distance, she can win a short-range fight, right?

r66yLse.png

Matthias: I have nothing to say to you.

Alicia: I… just don’t understand you! What have I done to deserve this hatred from you? I know we’ve had our differences, but I’ve always thought we get along and be-

d0nnboO.png

Matthias: You have not the name, blood, or worth of the noble house of Egarde, and never will. But if that’s what you want, you can spend all the time in that imaginary world of yours with my father when you’re dead.

Wow, what a jerk. We can finally take him down now, though!

aXbrAAO.png

Neither doubles, and both come out damaged. Long-term, Alicia would probably win this fight, but she's a little overleveled as it is.

Of course, now that Alicia has lured him right next to our group...

qTuYr0V.pngPql0g4e.png

Bam! Edward snags a very nice prize for us.

Normally, at the end of the chapter, we'd get the Errandral and Royal Emblem/Iron Rune as part of an event. However, since I went ahead and stole Matthias, that means we get two Iron Runes instead of one! I feel a little cheaty, but it's worth it!

Now, we have no reason to keep Matthias alive any longer.

vw2ICww.png

Val! Finish it!

xgcEmVb.png

Matthias: To think you’re the one who gave Father so much trouble. It’s pathetic, really.

Val: Pathetic, is it? That’s how low your opinion of your own father is?

Matthias: And why do you care?

Val: …In his last moments, I’ll admit, I gained some respect for your father. Because although it may have been warped, he at least had some sense of right and wrong. And I saw that he cared for people in his own little way.

Si6gsc3.pngb4IgiOZ.png

Matthias: …Then remove me from it, if you can.

WFKjVSd.png

After that excellent bit of taunting, Val crits, Matthias dies, and I snap a photo of this very nice shot of animation. It looks like Val's horse was using Matthias's feet as a launchpad.

lwvmQ04.png

Matthias: You just have all the luck… Don’t you, Olva?

VUrNHd8.png

We get a very small profit, and the chapter is over. Come to think of it, Val's strength gains have really slowed down, haven't they? Hopefully she'll get some more for endgame.

NEXT TIME: More bad things happen.

Hey, consider all of that info about the dancer (and other bits of info I'll drop as they become relevant) a reason to play the game again after your LP. See what else is in there. Requiem does a pretty good job of mimicking that bit from other FEs: having little tidbits hidden away in supports or other interactions that you might not catch the first time through.

That Royal Emblem can be very useful in the next chapter. A certain sniper on a ballista would. not. stop. critical hitting me.

And I didn't bother with Alyssa either. Claire and Katarina were more than enough on the healing front, and an extra move for an overpowered unit didn't really help as much as just fielding two overpowered units instead, given Alyssa's comparative vulnerability.

Hey, consider all of that info about the dancer (and other bits of info I'll drop as they become relevant) a reason to play the game again after your LP. See what else is in there. Requiem does a pretty good job of mimicking that bit from other FEs: having little tidbits hidden away in supports or other interactions that you might not catch the first time through.

Alright. I appreciate that there are those little tidbits hidden around the game, and I might replay Requiem sometime. It does a pretty good job of emulating a regular Fire Emblem game.

Let's get poisoned in...

The CHAPTER 22 CONCLUSION!

I9Cyv2T.pngI9sRg3S.png

Alicia: better start talking, Matthias.

Alright, we just beat Matthias in battle. Let's harvest his exposition.

Matthias: Or what? Can you really kill me, Alicia? The only son of our beloved Lord Bran. Do you think that would make him proud?

Alicia: Don’t try and talk to me about making him proud! He died because he wanted to stop Legato once he realized how he’d just been using the two of you.

Matthias: Oh?

Alicia: Yes, exactly! He did it because he wanted to save you too!

amSoITs.png

Yikes, Matthias. What a jerk!

Alicia: What?

Matthias: …Do you want to know why I despise you so much, Alicia?

Alicia: … …

Matthias: You don’t know the kind of man my father really was. You have no idea who he was. You see, in the very beginning, he and I set ourselves a goal, shortly after the end of the Great War. We, the fallen Noble House Egarde wanted to take vengeance against the traitors of the Empire. We were going to reinstate the old ways.

Alicia: …What does that have to do with me?

Matthias: Our first step was to gather the leftover officials of the Empire, whom we had located in a small town near the capital.

Alicia: !

Matthias: Exactly…

vIR7ztK.pngAwWd6il.pngNL0glei.png

So that's how they met...

Matthias: That was the moment I realized my father was no longer the man I thought he was. He was no longer worthy of carrying on the Emperor and my Grandfather’s legacy.

QWn5mSK.png

Ash: to convince him to start this war? He should have never gone along with it.

Matthias: Hmph… That was the easy part, really. I simply reminded him of the who it was that started the war that brought “poor, little Alicia” and the others into the lives they lived.

Ash: So he came after Olva and the other countries…

Alicia: How… could you?

Matthias: …Think about it, Alicia. All this suffering caused during the war was for you, in his mind. It’s your fault.

Alicia: You bastard! That’s not true!

Ash: Alicia, stop!

Alicia: You’ve heard what he’s done, Ash! There’s no way I’m letting him live after hearing that!

Ash: That’s not what I’m saying…

BXOe5o4.png

If that's what Matthias was going for, then I say kill him quickly!

Alicia: … …Grr… Fine!

Alicia pulls back...

LWsxX33.png

Val: Andrei, what are you doing back there?

Andrei: I can’t… feel my legs.

Val: …Huh?

Andrei: S-Sorry, Val…

pqnBljg.png

Wait, what? What's happening with him?

20TYItT.pngJ7Wb8YC.png

Ash: …You must have known exactly what Legato’s plans were when you agreed to help him. What good is a world to you where your enemies are dead and you’re not around to shape it into the place you wanted it to be?

Matthias: …It was a fair sacrifice. It was Father who turned away from his dream of remaking the Empire. I had not the skill to lead that new world in the first place, but I had the power to destroy our enemies. …I am a warrior and that is all I will ever be. I have no place in this world as anything else.

Matthias: Now, come on, why don’t you end this miserable life of mine? I’ve had enough of it.

Does Matthias really WANT us to kill him?

Matthias: What? Don’t have the resolve to do it yourself? Are you that weak-willed?

Ash: Tch…

Matthias: Even now, there’s fear in your eyes. Useless… You’ll never accomplish anything like that.

Ash: What do you know? We don’t walk the same path.

Matthias: …No, we don’t. But we’re both in the same place, nonetheless. You just haven’t realized it.

Matthias: I think I’ve said enough.

Ash: Fine, then, stay silent. But don’t sit there acting like you’ve won this fight. …You’ve underestimated us. You haven’t broken Alicia, as you might have thought you could. You’ve failed in trying to take us down with you.

NL86nNe.png

Matthias: …Heh. Ugh… I will remember that foolish look of pride on your face, if nothing else. And I’ll leave you with this. …If you really think you can live on trying to protect everyone, then you’d better be prepared to live a short life.

0eR8t2p.png

Ash: But it’s worth it.

That's... actually comforting to hear, coming from Ash. Matthias is officially taken care of, at least.

*offscreen* Ash! Ash, come quickly!

Ash: Val?

isXMfZ5.png

Ash: Andrei!?

Val: H-He suddenly just collapsed…

Josie: It must have something to do with the wound from earlier.

x1hFp7k.pngf1SV745.png

Oh, great. Just what we needed.

Rayden: For it to act up so suddenly… It must have been accelerated by him continuing to fight.

Ash: No… Uncle, please tell me that you can do something about it!

Rayden: I’ll give it my all, of course. Josie, give me somewhere where I can start working on this.

OmP31Tu.png

Andrei better not die or anything!

2EVeVYX.png

Ash: always tries to scrounge a victory from every battle. I let him provoke me… Why didn’t I foresee this?

Val: Ash, calm down. There’s still something we can do from here. It’s possible that Matthias or one of his soldiers had an antidote on them. That failing, we can always get information out of him.

Ash: No, we can’t…

WrwdHG3.png

NOW I see what he was going for!

Val: What? Alicia, did you-

Alicia: No… not me.

Val: Ash…

Alicia: We checked him beforehand. There’s nothing to be found. It seems like he was content on dying if he could have a chance at taking even one of our lives. I never would have expected him to resort to poison, though.

Ash: Andrei…

tf3n8ie.png

Well, that's a bit of a leap! It's plausible, but it's still a bit of a leap!

Ash: How could I let this happen to me again!?

FCHk5CI.png

Alicia: What a mess this all is…

Val: Alicia… Can I ask you to let me talk to Ash… alone?

Alicia: …Sure. I’ve got my own things to think about, anyways. I really hope that Lord Rayden can figure something out for your brother.

KZFQR3G.png

Ash: but for now, you should go and be with the others.

RIM4eu7.png

Val: But it’s not because Andrei got hurt trying to protect you.

Ash: What? Then why?

Val: Because you’re so caught up in your own head!

Ash: …!

To55lCS.pngcIV47wc.png

Val's right, Ash is being even more pessimistic about character deaths than me!

Val: What’s more, to think I would actually blame you for something like this! …If Andrei wasn’t here, what exactly do you think would have happened to you instead?

Ash: That’s… not the point.

Val: Right… you’re saying it’s because you were careless. …I understand that too. But there are fair trades here. There’s no

rationalizing it and making the pain go away. …Just like with our Father.

Ash: W-What… are you talking about?

OLFK5e1.png

Ash: How did you- W-Who told you that!?

Val: I figured it out. Since what happened in Olva, I’ve been trying to understand what made you this way.

ir03Nk2.png

Val: Tell me what you’ve really been running from.

Ash: Why? Val, if you’ve figured all this out, why would you possibly want to know what happened?

Val: Because I can’t bear to watch you kill yourself with this guilt. I can’t just keep watching you punish yourself by trying to take on everyone elses’ problems for them. Not before you’ve accepted your own.

uW7nC3Y.png

Hey! I remember that! It's a pretty terrible strategy for grieving, though.

Val: Until recently, I had no idea exactly what that meant. Now I do. You were forcing yourself to be strong, for my sake, even though you were hurt more by his passing than I was. That’s why you didn’t grieve then… and why you didn’t blame Bran for his death.

Ash: … … …Alright. …I’ll tell you. After I took Mother, Aunt, and Uncle away from the castle, I went back alone to get him. But it turned out that he was already well on his way towards his own escape.

LDwhP8o.png

Ash: used me to draw him out. …He didn’t say a word of it,

sQzsjCl.png

Ash: In order to save me, he fought Bran and his soldiers head-on… But still… it wasn’t enough…

Val: You don’t have to say more.

I think I finally understand Ash's character now. So ridden by guilt... The party should really have addressed this earlier, it would have made things easier on our lead family.

Ash: So… do you see now, Val? Our perils back then and the ones we face now… Everything that’s happened up until now wouldn’t have happened if it weren’t for me. And yet, everyone is still willing to risk their lives for me. I can’t just live with that. I have to set things right an-

Val: Stop it!

Ash: V-Val?

Val: Please… just stop it. Do you want to hear something that Father said to me, before?

Val: “Your skill as a leader in making tough decisions

5Mp34bR.png

Ash: …What does that mean to me?

Val: It means, stop trying to be something that you’re not. …You’re not a killer, Ash. You’re not a warrior and you’re no leader either. But everyone still trusts you, don’t they?

Val: That’s because they all believe that you will stop this. The “you” they all know, at least. And they’re not going to begrudge death if they know that they helped that person save the ones they love from suffering any further.

Ash: Val…

Val: So, unless you’re planning on failing them all, stop beating yourself up like this. Let us handle the roles that you can’t and just focus on what you can do best. Stop trying to throw yourself headfirst into every situation. But… most importantly…

uR5ScDz.png

Ash: Y-Yes… I think I do.

Val: That’s good. Phew… You have no idea how hard it was to work up the courage to say all of that to you. Because I’ve been scared too. Scared that I might lose you. But I also know that you needed me now, as I needed you before.

Ash: …I’m glad to hear that, Valentine. But… Andrei’s still-

aPn0Eql.png

Glad to hear that! If Val says it, it's probably true.

Ash: …Val.

Val: It’s not just false hope. He’ll make it through this. I know it. You should try to believe that as well, for once.

Ash: …Okay.

Val: Brr… N-Now… do you think we could head back inside? I’m starting to freeze up.

Ash: …Wait.

Val: Hm?

Ash: Do the others know what you figured out yet?

Val: No… But to prove we’re not going to lose faith in you, we can go and tell them together.

Ash: …Thanks. That might just help.

Val: And look… I understand that there must be a lot more than just this weighing on your mind. But I’m not going to ask about it.

Ash: Are you sure?

Val: Mm… I think that it’s best, for both of us. …You’ll be free of those burdens, soon enough. Now, let’s go and see how Andrei’s holding up.

Characterization resolved!

EdVhY3o.png

Alicia: If the things Matthias said are true, then I’m sorry that I led you down this road and created this rift between you. But I’m going to make things right, I promise. …All that remains is that snake, Legato.

Qor3HfX.pngZL710bI.png

And with that, we get a superweapon and the second Royal Emblem I was talking about. I'd say we're all ready to finish this!

aK7ffa6.png

NEXT TIME: The REAL "Final Approach" archetype chapter!

This game has some really great writing. It's the kind of quality that makes one happily point out the game and say, "Hey, this is an awesome Fire Emblem game. It may not be an official one, but it's damn close!"

Honestly, this is far better written than most FE games tend to be.

This game has some really great writing. It's the kind of quality that makes one happily point out the game and say, "Hey, this is an awesome Fire Emblem game. It may not be an official one, but it's damn close!"

Honestly, this is far better written than most FE games tend to be.

I agree. I know it might sometimes seem like I'm complaining, but I'm really not. I can say with some certainty that this game's story is better than Fates - or, at least, I found it more engaging.

The CHAPTER 23 PRELUDE!

2AkL1RA.png

Today, we finally go to the prison we've been hearing about. Nobody's really imprisoned there, though.

75fPJB1.png4LUgOY6.png

Alicia: Oh, hey. How’s your brother holding up?

Ash: He made it through the night, at least.

NTeY7io.png

Ash: confident he’ll be back on his feet very quickly.

Good! Looks like Andrei really did live after all. Hopefully, Ash might live too?

Alicia: That’s good. What about you, then?

Ash: …Valentine gave me a good talking to yesterday. She made me realize that I’ve been going at this with the wrong mindset. So I’m sorry if I’ve been worrying you as well. And for what I did yesterday.

Alicia: …You mean with Matthias? Don’t worry about that. I’ve had time to think it over and well, I don’t think not killing him would have felt right, after what he said.

Ash: Mm… maybe not.

Alicia: Now, Ash… what is our plan going forward?

Ash: Hm?

sFlFeaX.png

Alicia: But what can we do about everyone else? If they aren’t freed after we beat him, what happens to them? What happens to us? Who’s to say that we’re not all afflicted by this magic in the first place, already?

Ash: So… you see it to.

Alicia: Then, you have a plan?

Ash: If destroying the hosts isn’t enough, then we’ll have to destroy the source, as well. That might just do it.

Alicia: Destroy the source? How do you plan on doing that?

Ash: I have no idea.

Ash: I’ve also got my uncle looking into the magic seal that we have left.

Alicia: That thing crumbled without even taking all of the dark magic from you. I don’t see it being a big help.

Ash: …Have some faith.

WM1QwMI.png

Well, at least Ash is acting more optimistic than usual. No more "how will I feel when I become a zombie"?

Ash: Haha… yeah, that’s something she’d say, isn’t it?

Alicia: Ash… About what you said to me, on the bridge, a few days back. …If it wasn’t clear, I want you to know that I feel the same way about you. And… I hope that-

WlJn73t.png

Offscreen: You shouldn’t push yourself!

Alicia: Oh, um… never mind.

Don't interrupt love confessions, Andrei! Dangit!

tEgQfP9.png

Ash: I’m glad to see you back, Andrei.

Andrei: Yeah, yeah… now come on, let’s get going.

Ash: …You were poisoned, Andrei. Even for you, this is too quick to get back into action.

Don't worry, we'll be deploying him in the chapter regardless!

Andrei: …

Val: I told you he’d say the same.

Andrei: I’m telling you, I’m fine.

Val: Oh yeah? Let’s have a little test, then.

Sn9ZSgF.png

Alicia: Oh, Lord Rayden.

Rayden: There’s something you should know about Ash.

Alicia: About… Ash? Okay, what is it?

Rayden: Well, I didn’t tell anyone the whole of the information that Sister Zara gave me after I questioned her.

Alicia: You withheld information?

Rayden: Yes. I had to make sure that there weren’t any other options before I revealed the truth.

Uh oh.

Alicia: …Alright then. So what is the truth and what does it have to do with Ash?

Rayden: That is… … …

Alicia: Hm?

OFJIVGq.pnggAVGKE7.pngy7hEwqh.png

This is what I was expecting. And yet, I still hope it isn't true!

Alicia: You… You’re… not serious, right?

Rayden: Perhaps you didn’t know, but Ash has been able to connect well with natural magic for a long time. And now, his connections have been completely severed. Now I finally know why.

Alicia: H-Hey, seriously, what are you talking about? Where’s this all coming from?

Rayden: With Sister Zara, I’ve learned a lot about these magic seals. They are capable of absorbing a tremendous amount of magic power, it would seem. In fact, we were both able to give a fair amount of our magic power and it never crumbled. …But when the power is impure, the seal rejects it.

So, the power it absorbed from Ash was impure, not regular? We sort of knew that already, but I doubt the magic seal will be of any help to Ash.

Alicia: No, wait a minute! Ash has another way. He told me about-

Rayden: You mean destroying the source?

Alicia: Yes, exactly. If we can just do that…

Rayden: Of course. It would all end then. But how would you destroy a spirit?

Alicia: That’s… I don’t… know… But I’m not going to give up on Ash! I… can’t.

Is there any choice I can make here? Any supports I could get? Anything?

Rayden: This isn’t what I want either, trust me. I made a promise to his mother that I’d protect him. I’ve tried… everything I could, since the very beginning. But I’ve failed him at every turn…

wC03pYt.png

Alicia: H-Hey, what’s wrong?

Rayden: It’s… like I said. The magic seals can hold a tremendous amount of power.

Ds0ijIQ.png

Rayden: So I tested it’s limits…

Don't overexert and kill yourself too, Rayden!

Alicia: You didn’t… Just how much magic power did you put into it? Do you realize just how much that could damage you?

Rayden: Of course… I’ll be… Alright. I know my own limits, as well.

Alicia: … … Lord Rayden… I just don’t understand. Why is it only him?

ORoPxEU.png

Despite that, he's one of the most powerful units on the team. Probably because of all the dark stuff he dabbled in...

Rayden: His control with magic has always been good, but unstable. He dedicated himself to studying to improve it, but that one flaw always remained. Perhaps it’s my fault for pushing him to try.

Alicia: No… this isn’t your fault. Don’t even think it.

Rayden: …There may well be another way, Alicia. But I just don’t know what it is…

Alicia: Then we keep thinking…

pWesiYg.png

I hope it doesn't come to that. Having Ash as the final boss would be a painful fight for many reasons.

Alicia: Agh!

Rayden: Alicia?

Offscreen: Ash!

nrlTjje.png

Rayden: W-What’s going on?

8bJwS2g.pngAsd44e4.png

What's happening?!

Josie: The priestess… Sister Zara, she’s collapsed! She’s still alive but she’s out cold.

NpZG9uM.png

Oh, that explains it. Shel's affecting the whole world with his plan. The endgame is now!

Ash: This must be it.

NuTusTY.png

Ash: been affected. It’s as if… my energy is being siphoned.

bzcTeJ0.png

Val: What are we going to do?

Yeah, we've made bad time. What ARE we going to do?

SfjL0HB.pngi9xW2BJ.png

Nice! The last time we did that was in Val Mode! And I guess once at the start of Ash mode too.

Alicia: A-Ash?

Ash: Can’t you feel it? The dark energy is all flowing to a single point. I know exactly where we need to go.

Val: Alright… I’ll get on it. Andrei, help me out here!

m04twWL.png

And then, we warp out.

Ash: Shel… Damn it…

AvpgkEa.png

I wanted to have a picture of Val and the others coming in, but it was a little cut off. See if you can find Val's head.

I5dcx9m.png

Alicia: You alright?

Ash: …As always, warping a lot of people puts a bit of strain on my body. Losing that energy from before didn’t help, either… But I’ll be fine.

Val: Ash… look at this place.

Ash: Hm?

JPNOhot.png

Andrei: And there’s some kind of prison around here?

Don't worry Andrei, the prison is straight ahead! This map starts outdoors, but is really mostly indoors.

Val: I don’t see anyone around… perhaps they’re all underground.

kxFr34W.png

Huh?

wGjgY24.png

SUDDEN ATTACK BY SNIPER BOSS!

rqt3Pce.png

Stop acting like a game show host, Legato!

Legato: I suppose it was our message that brought you out here, wasn’t it?

Ash: Legato…

Alicia: …Of course he would be here.

HtEU3e0.png

The location for today's fight!

Ash: Where’s Shel, Legato?

Legato: Oh, somewhere, deep below. But you’ll have to pass through here if you want to have any hope of making it that far.

heLZLTI.png

Josie flies on out...

v4QeKcU.png

...And is immediately stopped. I doubt she's up to beat Legato in a fight anyways.

Josie: Should’ve expected that.

Val: Aunt Josie… it’s not going to be that easy. We have to back off and take this slowly.

Josie: Yeah… I see that.

ZRQ6lVe.png

Legato: But very impressive, Lady Valentine! You’ve managed to tame the woman inside that beast.

Josie: Rrgh… Is that all you can do, Legato? Stand behind a cover and hurl insults? Come and face me!

Legato: Why? So a decrepit, old animal can finally prove that she’s worth something to someone? I don’t think so.

Val: That’s enough, Legato! If you’re going to continue to run, then run.

DHffk6T.png

Val: But you will fight us here today. We won’t rest until you lie dead at our feet.

No more cowardly bosses! We'll kill him!

Legato: Hahaha! …You have matured quite a bit now, haven’t you? Although you’re in comparison to the blonde behind you, so that doesn’t say much. …If you think you can defeat me, the come. But I hope that you’re prepared to die today.

BLvzPv0.png

Josie: Right.

Sadly, Josie won't be deployed this chapter.

END DIALOGUE

8bEx7FO.png

This chapter... the second-to-last fight! And also the first one off the map guide. What kind of team will we have?

NW2JswP.pngIFM1hSS.png

Everyone, of course! Finally, I can start really using my weapons and resources. I get everyone out into the fight, and they're all equipped with the best weapons I could find for them.

Start the chapter!

gaHxeWy.png

Yeah, now they're called "Puppet".

a8tXMZK.png

Ash: there are those who are manipulated through it. These soldiers may still have something of a sane mind in them.

Alicia: How can you tell?

Ash: Look at their eyes, their expressions… There’s still something there.

N6DhnS3.png

Ash: Who knows? But if they haven’t lost consciousness, like Sister Zara did, there might be something more to them.

wXuOBTy.png

I feel like the game is REALLY hinting here that there's some gimmick with this chapter involving freeing the new Hollows. But there wasn't anything I could find, so this might just be to make me feel bad about brutally cutting them all down.

Val: I see.

ffc4vYO.png

Val: Are you ready for this?

I know I am!

Ash: As ready as I’ll ever be. If we fail now, there’s no recovering. All will be lost.

Alicia: …Yeah, that’ll make you ready for anything.

4IjfzC9.pngJiCixrq.png

Oh, a final superweapon? That's nice, but... haven't we been in multiple positions where it could be do-or-die like this?

Ash: Power… Yes, exactly. My magic didn’t even affect Shel before. And it’s been a long time since we’ve dealt with him. …We can’t afford to hold back.

Val: Mm… But first thing’s first… We must rid the world of that horrible man.

Ash: Right.

osRd9Ss.png

If you were wondering when we would get our TRUE lord weapons, now's the time!

l9OuCDL.pnghuhJqRZ.png

SUPER Sink tome!

vA3qhS3.png

SUPER Icicle Cage!

rkh4Nl6.pngJyV2AYW.png

Huh? Almer?

Oh, that's right... Merlin in the original game...

Almer: It feels like so long since you were commanding but a small resistance against Egardia.

Val: Hehehe… Yes, I suppose it has been. I’m glad that you’ve been here to support us through all of this, Sir Almer.

Almer: As am I.

w2ahm4q.png

Looks like we won't be allowed to cart a cart into the final fight.

Almer: As a parting gift, I asked a friend of mine to craft this blade for you.

But, for a super weapon, I can accept that!

Val: Goodness…

Almer: No ruler should be without their own person weapon. Please, accept it.

Val: Sir Almer… thank you.

ZPLhCdl.pngZP0v7LU.png

The Roseblade! It loses the super-effective powers of the original Rose Thorn, but gets a LOT stronger.

Also, as you might have noticed, I never QUITE burned all the uses of the original Lord weapons. Which is good, because the hack hasn't seen fit to provide extras.

Andrei's getting totally shafted here too, unless you count the Errandral from last chapter.

Yvxe7mM.png

Looks like these are Almer's final stats! Before we start, I'd like to give him a shout out for never being a burden or being in real danger. He's been a great portable tent.

evYbV3i.pngEBOr5Gp.png

The enemy forces are getting more intense. We're not fighting boring Hollows any more, now we're fighting Puppets! And there are more promoted enemies around than ever. Here, let me show you:

r4beiN2.png?19asoamQ.png?1

EYr9pir.pngq0lShd3.png?1

u9oE050.png7JONTIC.png?1

CTKCgBM.pngrHExTIr.png?1

Well... how does it look? Yeah, I'm a bit out of practice if you couldn't tell... not that I would ever make these perfect! And this map is HUGE too... Though, actually, I guess it did turn out pretty well in the end.

Alright, so strategy is pretty simple: Kill. EVERYONE. We have tons of minions (a full 50 unit cap) not to mention 3 bosses to get through, and Legato at the very back of it all. We'll split up into two for the paths, meet up at the center, then split up again and fan out to take care of the enemies holing up at the top, then finally take out Legato all together.

Also, while I did say that there was no gimmick involving turning red guys green, there is another gimmick this chapter has, though it's not that major. I'll give a brief explanation when the chapter begins, but if you look closely at the map, you might be able to guess it right now...

4YMQ55X.pngUO743Pg.pngWa80EXF.pngjptkyjB.png

Killer triangle drops!

fWO7qvA.png

And also, this sword. I think it has nosferatu powers...

Now, what about the 4 bosses this chapter has? Well, remember all those bosses who would look like they were the commanders, but have huge stats, and then they'd run away even though they could have probably wiped our team? Well, now we get to take out our rage on them all at once! Hah!

GtXVZSL.pngCtZLa59.png

First up, Danielle the Sniper. If you look at the map, she's handed access to a ballista, so she'll give us some trouble at the start of the chapter. I might have a solution for that, though... She also carries a very nice weapon for Hawke.

5tBt1mL.pngRZX5FtM.png

Manfred is very strong, and has a weapon to help Hawke out. He won't last against our magicians and ranged attackers, though.

KFTD9PS.pngPrMHZHe.png

Rydell might be one of the hardest bosses here, with a 1-2 range weapon, assassin powers, and plenty of stats. Still, he shouldn't be too much trouble.

n9cAyn6.pngYdgZ3Ui.png

And Legato himself... Phew. Has he gotten STRONGER than last time? I'm too lazy to check. Either way, he needs to die, and my team has become very strong. We'll finally be able to bury him!

NEXT TIME: Storming the Prison Gates!

There's nothing that changes the ending of the game.

Also uh, for the grips I have about this map... have to do with those bosses.

Sniper lady? Linda's mother. Bringing her along and I thiiiiink having her get into a battle with Sniper lady gives you another small scene after the map.

Giant dude you've never seen before? Previous emperor of Isaac and Kane's people. And Isaac's father IIRC. I don't remember if its only Kane or both of them that have a convo before fighting him.

Assassin dude? Same country as Thelma and they interact with each other + have a post map convo.

Amount of hints you have about this info? You miiiiiiight have been able to piece together the Linda thing if you were super on the ball + went through her supports.

Giant dude? Pretty much KanexVal (which is most likely her "canon" ending) support to get a tiny bit of info + get lucky and having them fight by chance.

Assassin dude if you were paying attention to Edward pointing him out, and that Thelma is from the same country, you could have reasonably put two and two together. This is the only "fair" one to me. The other ones are out of left field.

The connections are cool, but man the first two you had nothing to go on to figure that out.

Sniper lady? Linda's mother. Bringing her along and I thiiiiink having her get into a battle with Sniper lady gives you another small scene after the map.

Giant dude you've never seen before? Previous emperor of Isaac and Kane's people. And Isaac's father IIRC. I don't remember if its only Kane or both of them that have a convo before fighting him.

Assassin dude? Same country as Thelma and they interact with each other + have a post map convo.

Amount of hints you have about this info? You miiiiiiight have been able to piece together the Linda thing if you were super on the ball + went through her supports.

Giant dude? Pretty much KanexVal (which is most likely her "canon" ending) support to get a tiny bit of info + get lucky and having them fight by chance.

Assassin dude if you were paying attention to Edward pointing him out, and that Thelma is from the same country, you could have reasonably put two and two together. This is the only "fair" one to me. The other ones are out of left field.

The connections are cool, but man the first two you had nothing to go on to figure that out.

So... Danielle is Linda's mom, Manfred is the Emperor and Rydell is the assassin. Still haven't understood what's the deal with Legato (or all of this chapter's bosses in general)

Legato far outmatches Josie, but I was still able to have her poke him once without dying horribly to get the backstory. The post-battle Linda and Danielle scene also still happens even if they don't fight (Skye got to her first being on a horse and all), Linda just needs to be deployed. If Rydell can also interact with Edward and not just Thelma, it might be the same with them too.

I liked this chapter in general, it's quite interesting for a "storming the castle" type of level.  That said, there's a bit of backtracking after Manfred and Rydell which can halt things somewhat.

Despite being at the 50 enemy limit, there will be reinforcements.  They'll mostly show up as you defeat bosses, so you don't have to worry about units spawning then immediately despawning because they broke the unit limit.

You may have better luck than me, but watch out for Danielle.  That ballista she's on is apparently just a long range one (according to Sacred Blaze), but she would not stop landing critical hits with the thing when I came through here.  First time I've had to equip an Iron Rune and wait for a ballista to run out of ammo before I could proceed.

If you've grown to hate Legato, you can have the therapeutic pleasure of beating him down here.  (He might still find ways to surprise and frustrate you though.)

On 14/01/2017 at 9:44 PM, TheNiddo said:

The rest are true, but this part isn't. The previous Emperor is dead.

His backstory stuff is mostly just related to Kane and not Isaac. They have a talk conversation during the chapter that explains it a little, in addition to the stuff in the Alicia mode extra chapter. And there are many more talk conversations as well in this chapter between other characters. Like TheNiddo said though, and I'll even admit to this, there's no way you could possibly be expected to understand who Manfred is at all. Same goes for Danielle, but in her case it was more due to me not figuring out a way to get that across with the screentime she had, whereas Manfred was kind of just shoehorned in. That's part of the reason why he never even showed up until now.

I think I said it before at some point, but I wanted an S rank Axe-User boss for the chapter and just did what I could with the character.

And like Baby Bonnie Hood said, you only need Linda - and Thelma to be deployed to get their extra scenes at the end of the chapter. They obviously have boss convos with the units and stuff as well. Edward only has a boss dialogue though with Rydell though. Josie also has one with Danielle.

2 hours ago, Sacred Blaze said:

His backstory stuff is mostly just related to Kane and not Isaac. They have a talk conversation during the chapter that explains it a little, in addition to the stuff in the Alicia mode extra chapter. And there are many more talk conversations as well in this chapter between other characters. Like TheNiddo said though, and I'll even admit to this, there's no way you could possibly be expected to understand who Manfred is at all. Same goes for Danielle, but in her case it was more due to me not figuring out a way to get that across with the screentime she had, whereas Manfred was kind of just shoehorned in. That's part of the reason why he never even showed up until now.

I think I said it before at some point, but I wanted an S rank Axe-User boss for the chapter and just did what I could with the character.

And like Baby Bonnie Hood said, you only need Linda - and Thelma to be deployed to get their extra scenes at the end of the chapter. They obviously have boss convos with the units and stuff as well. Edward only has a boss dialogue though with Rydell though. Josie also has one with Danielle.

Man the update broke this site. Background is gone, spoiler tag codes ain't working.

Anyhow, with the Manfred stuff.... only gotten it once. I was 50/50 on what exactly it was, but went with the one I did because it was less spoilerific for one particular support. My bad.

On 1/14/2017 at 4:44 PM, TheNiddo said:

Hmm... I managed to get ONE of these, and purely by accident. Again, though, stuff like this does give it some replay value, but it would be nice to have some more buildup to it.

On 1/17/2017 at 5:45 AM, Wayward Winds said:

I liked this chapter in general, it's quite interesting for a "storming the castle" type of level.  That said, there's a bit of backtracking after Manfred and Rydell which can halt things somewhat.

Despite being at the 50 enemy limit, there will be reinforcements.  They'll mostly show up as you defeat bosses, so you don't have to worry about units spawning then immediately despawning because they broke the unit limit.

You may have better luck than me, but watch out for Danielle.  That ballista she's on is apparently just a long range one (according to Sacred Blaze), but she would not stop landing critical hits with the thing when I came through here.  First time I've had to equip an Iron Rune and wait for a ballista to run out of ammo before I could proceed.

If you've grown to hate Legato, you can have the therapeutic pleasure of beating him down here.  (He might still find ways to surprise and frustrate you though.)

Wait until you see how I handle Danielle...

On 1/17/2017 at 11:51 AM, Sacred Blaze said:

Interesting! We'll definitely be playing the Alicia Mode chapter.

Well, the new forums... They caught me by surprise, but so far, I honestly prefer the old forums. I'm willing to give it a chance, still. Any weirdness you might see with the update is because of that. Also, as you've probably already noticed, all the spoilers that contained this LP and all the LPs before it are utterly broken. I hope some update fixes them up soon, otherwise future readers will have their browsers assaulted. We shall see, but I am NOT going back and fixing them all.

Requiem: Episode 25: Chapter 23: Part 1: Prison Assault Begin!

fmGr07c.pnggXENrc4.png616fcnq.pngPwj1ajS.png  

To start us off, all the enemies die to our horrendously powerful units.

tKupkA4.png

As you can see, we're already doing well enough for ourselves. However, Almer here was slammed by a ballista bolt from Danielle. We can't have that!

cRldT0Y.png17YXmCA.png

Well, I'm in no mood to deal with some stupid long-ranged attacker, so let me use my own long-ranged attacks! Die, idiot!

YdCDCqj.png

Danielle continues her assault on her turn. I mean, better the guy at the back who can take the hits than the people at the front who would actually be in danger, right?

Gq8AJVb.png

The next turn, an opening appears...

MecsKan.png

And Danielle is down bright and early!

f04OtSt.png89wxlDl.png

Just beautiful. Now, we don't have to deal with her critting any more! I'm not sure how many uses her ballista has, but I'm sure it was more than 2. If we had been training Linda, we could steal it for ourselves! Sadly, that won't be happening.

EEMb0WY.png

Alright, time to explain the minor gimmick of this chapter. See this tile right here? If you look at the map I spliced together in the prelude, you might notice there's more than one of these. We have to press them all, to make stuff happen. That's our goal. I'll explain a bit more when we make it to this one.

pz6ynnR.png

Ash! Lure out everybody! It's what you're good at!

VbpROGN.pngopvVcyz.png

(Forget it! I give up! I'm just leaving the spaces in between the images, even if I'd prefer they weren't there! The new forums are DETERMINED to put them there!)

Well... honestly, I guess it was better that Ash dodged the first one.

9tgfOIb.pngHfM0MY6.png

We've semi-temporarily split up into groups, one bigger and one smaller. The big one is going to go slow, and I have a good reason for that.

6UCBcec.png

It's mine now!

fBnxsXu.pngUn51fLR.png

Hmm, let's see... we have a few more people to punch through until we can get to where Danielle was, but Danielle herself isn't a concern... Ad just killing the majority of the enemies outside has reduced their numbers to almost half of what they were before. The one thing that weirds me out is how empty the center is. I'm almost certain there'll be something there.

5WQHmVg.png

Before we go on, let's have a chat!

EeumCZp.pngBKqhbhc.png

Alicia: Yeah, me neither.

Ash: There’s no telling whether that’s good or bad, though. Are we too late? …Or is Shel just waiting for something more?

Ash: Alicia?

0zdvUb6.png

Aww... They are pretty cute together...

Alicia: …I’m so sorry, Ash.

Ash: For… what?

Alicia: Can you just… accept my apology?

Ash: But I don’t-

Alicia: Please. Just accept it.

Ash: H-Hey, alright.

9vb3yTM.png

Alicia: T-Thank you, Ash… Thank you so much.

*Alicia leaves*

So, from their recent talks, I'm getting some really strong romance vibes from them. I know that in FE7 supports changed the story somewhat, so I have to ask for the third time; do the supports change ANYTHING here? or would they sort of get together no matter what I did?

ojgrkku.png

But! We aren't done yet.

9qaaQPC.png

Clare: Gemma… Since we left Olva, the battles have only been becoming more uphill. We’re losing more people everyday, and you’re still thinking about getting the money from this job. Don’t you think it’s a little inappropriate?

Gemma: H-Hey! W-Why are you trying to make me sound like a villain here? I didn’t mean it like that at all! I’m just psyching up…

Clare: I’m just saying… you could do to sound a little less excited about it.

Gemma: And you could do to sound a bit more excited, grumpy!

Clare: G-Grumpy?

Gemma: People have to come and see you when they get hurt, right? So if you’re helping them with that mopey face on and talking all pessimistically like that, it’ll lower morale.

Clare: Hmm… I didn’t think about it that way.

TLHBnny.png

Yes! We're gonna win!

Gemma: So, let’s see a big smile.

Clare: O-Oh, okay… like this?

Gemma: There you go! Now, let’s get ‘em!

Clare: Yeah!

PoyFEiq.png

Alright, that's enough talking for right now. I've had the big group hold back and leave a FEW enemies alive because I want to test something...

mfQpICA.png

Val! Press it down!

RCQNoLq.png

Val: I wonder what it operates…

c6VARYA.pngXH4m3f9.png

It operates a lot of reinforcements, apparently. We have knights, heroes, archers, wyverns...

Also, about the thing I wanted to test earlier. Judging by the dialogue given, I expected pressing the switches might turn some of the enemies green as they regained their minds or something. Sadly, there was no such thing. These mind-controlled soldiers can't be saved.

jnnPV0O.png

The switch also opens the doors ( I didn't check, but I'm almost certain Edward can't do it), which lets us proceed to the upper part of the map.

p204PEb.pngBKP27Lb.png

And now a lot of the enemies are advancing, naturally. Oddly enough, they all came from the upper parts; the center is completely clear for us to advance to and use as a sort of forward position.

XofupcK.pngYOPhLt3.png

Our next objectives are these two switches, positioned in such a way that you more-or-less need to kill the bosses guarding them to press them down. Once we get them both, the last door will open and we'll fight with Legato!

But! That won't happen today. This was a shorter update to help me get a feel for the new forums. We only have a few more to go until the end! Let's keep pushing on!

NEXT TIME: Bosses and Brashness

..."You have pasted content with formatting"...

And automatically-placed spaces in-between images...

This is my life now, isn't it?

On 1/18/2017 at 4:10 PM, TheNiddo said:

Not a single support changes any dialogue in this game as far as I know. Just makes some things more clear.

Alright. I won't ask again.

Requiem: Episode 25: Chapter 23: Part 2: Triple Boss Round

BKP27Lb.png

Remember, last time, we'd just opened up the gates and are now advancing to take both of the switches.

VjNfaBp.pngXb1sJqB.png

I move up my units to attack the advancing enemies. If we can push past these two big groups, things should be easier.

fJGQFHc.pnglnke4vy.png

Kieran gets hurt, but ultimately lives.

U6z9GQ0.png

Kane might be one of the most average units the team has, but he can still show up these enemy paladins!

LbSkC6n.png

I'm having Gemma hang out up here, in order to lure out the druids Eclipse tome shots.

Yca80WU.png

Another talk! Let's investigate.

aAknOa9.png

Andrei: Come on, Val, seriously…

Val: Just listen to me… I’m not asking because I want to stop you or anything. We need you here… Ash needs you here. But consider this an order.

N7drpSg.png

Val: I really couldn’t bear to lose you.

Andrei: Y-Yes, Sister.

Val: Good. The success of everything that we’ve worked for is all riding on what happens here. We cannot fulfill Father’s wishes until Olva is safe, and that can’t be ensured until this battle is won.

Andrei: R-Right…

Val: That’s why I need you, Andrei. So… do I have your support?

Andrei: Of course you do.

m3KIwyb.png

Glad to see Andrei's doing well. Now, Val's going to charge forward and take on the assassin guy solo, while everyone else pulls back to prepare for Legato. She'll probably be fine.

Y3FMMNv.png

Take a look at this jerk right here.

V6pxM92.png

He has Ash's special super tome! That's supposed to be for ME ONLY! And he isn't even promoted!

H7br6UF.png

Wow, everyone has conversations this chapter! Let's do it.

DFAB20T.pngBTw6hlB.png

Kieran: the man we face today? Should I exercise restraint?

Katarina: …Restraint should only be had against the creations of the Divine. And that is no man, Sir Kieran. He is a demon in human form. So, I ask you, since I do not have the power to do so, in the name of the Goddess… Destroy him, and purge the world of his tainted soul.

I don't know, I think Katarina would be do okay in a fight with Legato.

Kieran: You’re finally starting to sound the way you should. …Now just leave it to me. Your fellow Sister’s life will be saved.

Katarina: Thank you, Sir Kieran.

is5eUfA.png

Annoying archers, hiding out. At least they don't have longbows, and they're easy to get around.

ooY1ayW.pngktM7hsf.png

Kane lures out and destroys the general guarding the switch. Why don't we do the same for the berserker?

cWnxvoM.pngQC8V94p.png

Kane: Surely it cannot be…

Berserker: Uraaagh!

Kane: It would appear that your sanity has long since left you… I suppose that will make things a bit easier to do.

Berserker: Rurgh!

DQgtfLb.pngIepA1j8.png

This is the one conversation I accidentally discovered. I can see why someone might think this is the Emperor. I'm glad TheNiddo and Sacred Blaze explained it to me, because it had me pretty confused.

7tToFhR.png

Whiff! Kane hits back.

SuYs8JJ.pngFHlBj5C.png

Gah! Axe Magnetism!

qyFR0yC.png

Make him pay, Ordanze!

aFaht21.pngHyfM344.png

The boss is down, the axe is obtained, and the switch is ready for pressing. That leaves the assassin...

OO7DGXl.png

Assassin: If you aren’t capable of taking me down, then I’d suggest turning back. I won’t… I can’t hold back.

VldJwrU.pnggtZT8SC.png

Oh no. I forgot the boss had a 2-range attack, and Val's going at this with her Rose Thorn. She's going to lose if I don't help her out!

Ny22IF4.png

Go, Skye!

8v117fT.pngmf7jeK4.png

By stretching a lot, I can JUST BARELY heal Val...

va194LE.png

Press!

...It doesn't immediately do anything. I was expecting another small wave of reinforcements, but I guess we have to get them both.

2BkxvDu.png

Well, I was going to finish with Val, but this works too!

uLtEWrw.pngQQ7CscD.png

We win, and take his strong dagger for ourselves! I should have someone use it...

L914YaG.png

And that's all three!

01ujQKx.pngBwQ5Jni.png

The last door opens, and Legato manages to pull out a few more mooks to attack us. Other than that, though, nothing else happens. We have a straight shot to victory!

7cHGPyb.pngDmhiQNB.png

Forward! We SHOULD all be able to survive the enemy attacks.

6fE86Qj.png

UNLESS LEGATO MOVES! AGH!

Legato: This man, who has brought entire countries to ruin? This man, whose name strikes terror in the people of the lands? Allow me to show you what a fool you have chosen to be…

That's some pride, buddy...

jb4PBLt.png

But not entirely unwarranted. Gemma ends up slain, being my only death this chapter! And it was going so well...

TVrvlnS.png

Okay, okay, let's try again, a bit slower this time.

DM8evik.png

Drake will lure him out...

BS05v1q.pnghNjTWy2.png

Wow, with the Hero Spear, Drake counters Legato's stats perfectly! He'd beat him in the fight, but I have someone else who needs to engage him...

a1yIiZO.png

Oh, before I kill him, Legato's totally cheating on weapon ranks. What a loser.

2WNFJIx.png

Kieran, now's your chance for revenge! Don't miss after all the buildup!

vsa05aK.png

Legato: And who might you be?

Kieran: A ghost of the past… A vengeful spirit… It matters to me as little as it does to you. All that you need to know is that I’m here to kill you.

Legato: Interesting… but do you really think that you can defeat me? You, a nameless man? A faceless man? Don’t make me laugh.

Kieran: …I figured that’d be the best way for history to remember the death of trash like you. …Either way, a nobody like me has nothing to lose if I fail.

Legato: Tch… Then I will ensure that you die having gained nothing more!

Kieran: … … It’s time.

dIW6GZw.png

Kieran hits! Legato is finally defeated! That just leaves Shel...

mxZrZZq.png

Legato: Rejoice… ants of the world… You’ve only just poked your heads out of the dirt.

55Us7kC.pngnEhvAl3.png

Kieran gets an okay level, and more importantly, Legato's superweapon. I'm going to let him be the one to use it, too.

And that's all! Next time, Shel's plan continues, and then we'll begin the final battle...

"Reveal hidden contents"... sounds way cooler than just "spoiler", but it's also a bit more awkward for LP purposes.

Also, who else is excited for the new FE stuff? With Fire Emblem Switch/Warriors going to come out, the Switch is a must-have for me, and I'm pleased to see we're getting another 3DS title too!