Fire Emblem: Dreams in the Dark

Omegaprism

Okay, got the balancing differences between Debuff Weapons and Debuff Staves:

Weapons debuff by a certain amount (-3).

Staves cut a stat in half for that enemy, and have a locked range of 5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, hey. This things been down for a while. You done with your break? I'm ready to hear about what Book 3 is about!

Skills:

Iron Master: Deal +3 damage when using an Iron weapon

Steel Master: +2 Damage when using a Steel weapon.

Are you okay? It's been a while, so I'm just gonna leave a few more Vilcoor races for consideration.

Suzaku:

Vulture

Byakkyo:

Dog

Elk

Squirrel

Panther

Bull

I'm getting a little impatient, but I understand if you're busy with work, family, or both.

Suzaku:

Dove

Bluebird

Byakkyo:

Horse

Sheep

Pig

Genbu:

Salamander

Scorpion

Crab

Claihm Solai: A divine sword, useable only by those dedicated to serving the greater good. Has multiple possible requirements:

A. Have an S-rank in Swords

B. Have capped Speed

C. Have a combined (Strength + Skill) greater than 45.

Airgetlahm: A demonic spear, usable only no those who accept their place in the world.

A. S-Rank Spears

B. Capped Skill

C. Strength + Speed higher than 45

Caladbolg: A enchanted ace, usable only by those who wish for power beyond their own.

A. S-Rank Axes

B. Capped Strength

C. Skill + Speed higher than 45

Hey all! My mother flew back last night, which means I'm back at work today, which also means I finally have some free time again! Sorry for the absence, but you know how it is when a relative visits. She wanted to play with her grandson and see a little bit of Japan! Surprise!

Anyway, now I should have some free time, and I'll get some writing done within the week.

As for new races, I think the book is closed on that. We have plenty of variety already, and other than some fringe classes that only appeared in one game, we have all the important unit types represented.

Stay tuned!

Good to see you! Let's get crackin'!

In honor of your homeland (or not, if you moved there), here's a special set of Japan-related weapons and Souls!

Katana:

Might: 9

Crit: 10

Hit: 110

Special Effects: +3 to Eff. Speed, +1 Skill. Debuffs -3 Strength and -3 Defense after use.

Wakazashi

Might: 18

Crit: -10

Hit: 95

Special Effects: -4 to Eff. Speed, +2 Strength. Debuffs -4 Skill and -4 Speed after use.

Murakumo

Might: 20

Crit: 0

Hit: 70

Special Effects: Effective against Dragons, +3 Strength. Cuts Skill in half after use.

Kusanagi

Might: 25

Crit: -15

Hit: 90

Special Effects: +4 Skill. Cuts Defence and Resistance in half after use.

Souls:

Oni Soul: Doubles Strength and Defense, halves Skill and Luck.

Kitsune Soul: Doubles Skill and Magic, halves Strength and Defense.

Kappa Soul: Allows the user to traverse water. +5 to Magic and Resistance.

Tengu Soul: Allows the user to fly. +5 to Speed.

Edited by Corrobin

Because it's technically open, but barely anyone else comes in (counting you, it's currently in the single digits)?

But hey, we like it that way. And I've revamped the way I present my weapon ideas for better balancing!

So Omega, let's start out with the obvious: How do you get the third book to happen? What requirements need to be met? (And what about my Japan stuff?)

Nodachi

Might: 25

Hit: 80

Crit: 10

Effects: Anti-Auto-Vantage, you always attack last, no matter if you initated the fight or the state of your HP. Strength +5, Eff. Speed -5.

Magatama Soul: Halves all incoming magical damage, doubles all received physical damage.

Kagami Mirror Soul: Halves incoming physical damage, doubles incoming magic damage.

Whoo! Weekend! (Well, for me at least. Persona has taught me that Jap's don't get Saturdays off)

Reaper Soul: Gives Lethality

Star Soul: Gives Astra

Sun Soul: Gives Sol

Moon Soul: Gives Luna

Peerless Soul: Doubles all stats, no downsides (except an S-Rank in Soulstones)

Peerless Soul: Doubles all stats, no downsides (except an S-Rank in Soulstones)

Excuse me? Do you have an idea how game breaking this is? Not only will it be hard to implement in a hack, but it's also absolutely insane if given to a strong unit, you're pretty much killing the entire game with one fell swoop.

Did I forget something? Oh, right, only one in the entire game at the very end, and it also only allows one turn of transformation.

Did I forget something? Oh, right, only one in the entire game at the very end, and it also only allows one turn of transformation.

Nahh, thought. It would be pretty broken.

Edited by kreativer Username

Then why does it exist? Just to make the final boss "easier"? It doesn't make any sense, might as well just make the final boss a glorified cut scene.

Then why does it exist? Just to make the final boss "easier"? It doesn't make any sense, might as well just make the final boss a glorified cut scene.

I'm not a professional game designer. Maybe I just want a ultimate weapon for the sake of having one.

Fine.

Peerless Soul: +5 to all stats. S-rank, only one, obtained late, only lasts one turn of transforming.

I'm not a professional game designer. Maybe I just want a ultimate weapon for the sake of having one.

Fine.

Peerless Soul: +5 to all stats. S-rank, only one, obtained late, only lasts one turn of transforming.

No one wants you to be one, having a reasoning behind adding powerful items isn't something professional, it's the very basics of game design. Anyways, I think a normal weapon would work better than some gimmicky one turn transformation with bonuses to stats.

No one wants you to be one, having a reasoning behind adding powerful items isn't something professional, it's the very basics of game design. Anyways, I think a normal weapon would work better than some gimmicky one turn transformation with bonuses to stats.

*screech*

Wait, back the truck up. Have you even read the last few pages with Omega explaining everything? Transformations are literally part of how this game would work!

*screech*

Wait, back the truck up. Have you even read the last few pages with Omega explaining everything? Transformations are literally part of how this game would work!

Okay, normal /transformation trinket/. By making it one turn you're kind of making it relatively useless. Sure, it might be useful in some scenarios, but eh.

Okay, normal /transformation trinket/. By making it one turn you're kind of making it relatively useless. Sure, it might be useful in some scenarios, but eh.

Alright. And it's Soulstone, not "transformation trinket".

Peerless Soul: +5 to all stats, S-Rank, only one, late game.

This concept seems really well thought out my only issues with it are that there too many animal bases for transformation and there seems to be some overlap in shapeshifters as result. (Raven and Crow are two words for the same thing).

PS I'm not trying to necropost.

Ravens and crows are not the same things. The genus Corvus includes ravens, crows, rooks, and jackdaws. In common speech, crow and raven usually refer to smaller and larger birds, respectively. The different species have delineated names.

I suppose the overlap matters less in a story than it does in, say, a hack or game, as a story has both for the purpose of detail and completeness.

Here's the thing. You said a "jackdaw is a crow."

Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that.

As someone who is a scientist who studies crows, I am telling you, specifically, in science, no one calls jackdaws crows. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing.

If you're saying "crow family" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of Corvidae, which includes things from nutcrackers to blue jays to ravens.

So your reasoning for calling a jackdaw a crow is because random people "call the black ones crows?" Let's get grackles and blackbirds in there, then, too.

Also, calling someone a human or an ape? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A jackdaw is a jackdaw and a member of the crow family. But that's not what you said. You said a jackdaw is a crow, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the crow family crows, which means you'd call blue jays, ravens, and other birds crows, too. Which you said you don't.

It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?

Leo Soul: +3 Strength and Speed. +4 if used by a Byakkyo.

Taurus Soul: +3 Defence and Skill. +4 for Byakkyos.

Cancer Soul: +3 Defense and Resistance. +4 if used by a Genbu.

Aquarius Soul: +3 Magic & Speed. +4 for Genbus.

Virgo Soul: +3 Magic and Luck. +5 if used by a female.