JBF feedback + Radiant Confrontation & Gimmick Poll now up

Jedi

21 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the gimmick tourney be?

• Customs Tourney
    • Pick My Character [Draft Tourney]
    • Robin Round Robin
    • Character(s)/Series/Weapon/Etc Themed Tourney
    • Other (Please Specify)

With Joined by Fate coming to a close soon, there is some things we need to address. Anyone who joined RoSF/JBF is welcome to participate

1. Did you like the strict timelines?

2. Halberd was voted to be tried as a legal stage in the RoSF thread, how should we handle this addition?

3. Should Game & Watch Hammer be the main stage striking method at the start of a set? (This is where both players pick G&W and use his Judge [side B] Move and whomever has the higher number gets first stage strike)

4. If we were to do a more gimmicky tourney what would you like to see? 2 examples of suggestions i've been given are.

Customs Tourney via Dotty, which is simply we can use the fighters many custom moves, but everything else is standard

Pick my Character via Jotaro Kujo, which when all 16 players are locked in, they'd select each others characters available throughout the tourney, and they'd be locked to that player

5. Are there any major rules, you don't agree with that we should maybe consider altering for the next regular tourney? That being Radiant Confrontation.

6. What kind of timeframe would you all like to see for Radiant Confrontation starting up?

Feel free to bring anything else up as well.

Edited by Jedi

1. Ya

2. Counterpick (keep 2 strikes as well)

3. Sure

4. PMU sounds the most interesting to me. Also interested in robin round robin haha.

5. No

6. Not sure

Edited by Aura Wolf

1. Ya

2. Counterpick (keep 2 strikes as well)

3. Sure

4. PMU sounds the most interesting to me. Also interested in robin round robin haha.

5. No

6. Not sure

How many players do you think we'd shoot for, in a Robin Round Robin?

How many players do you think we'd shoot for, in a Robin Round Robin?

8-10 imo.

Assuming single round robin, 8 would be 28 matches, which is just a little under the amount of matches of JBF. 10 players would bring it to 45.

1. Yes.

2. Counterpick stage

3. Sure.

4. Both of those sound pretty interesting.

5. No.

6. Not sure.

Thanks Tsunami for the input! @your #4 answer, which one sounds more interesting to you overall do you think?

8-10 imo.

Assuming single round robin, 8 would be 28 matches, which is just a little under the amount of matches of JBF. 10 players would bring it to 45.

I had around the same number in my head actually haha.

Thanks Tsunami for the input! @your #4 answer, which one sounds more interesting to you overall do you think?

I had around the same number in my head actually haha.

The second one, but how exactly does it work?

The second one, but how exactly does it work?

I'd have to confirm this with Jotaro herself, but the impression I got from the idea was basically.

When all 16 players joined it would turn into a character draft, except people would be picking for other people in the tournament, basically the goal would be to sabotage your competition, either by giving them weaker characters, or characters you know that person is not all that great with, but as I said, I have to confirm with her on it, and also give people incentive to use all of their characters.

although the numbers with 16 people and 58 characters might be a little messy, divided it becomes a decimal.

Edited by Jedi

With Joined by Fate coming to a close soon, there is some things we need to address. Anyone who joined RoSF/JBF is welcome to participate

2. Halberd was voted to be tried as a legal stage in the RoSF thread, how should we handle this addition?

3. Should Game & Watch Hammer be the main stage striking method at the start of a set? (This is where both players pick G&W and use his Judge [side B] Move and whomever has the higher number gets first stage strike)

4. If we were to do a more gimmicky tourney what would you like to see? 2 examples of suggestions i've been given are.

Customs Tourney via Dotty, which is simply we can use the fighters many custom moves, but everything else is standard

Pick my Character via Jotaro Kujo, which when all 16 players are locked in, they'd select each others characters available throughout the tourney, and they'd be locked to that player

5. Are there any major rules, you don't agree with that we should maybe consider altering for the next regular tourney? That being Radiant Confrontation.

6. What kind of timeframe would you all like to see for Radiant Confrontation starting up?

1. Didn't make a difference to me but they probably help in the grand scheme

2. I don't care for Halberd and never have so it doesn't matter to me, being a relatively inexperienced casual

3. Too much work for a strike IMO. If both fighters can't casually agree then IMO both players should pick their stage after strikes and whichever stage the game selects between the two counts as match 1.

4. Themed (Swordies, which we did once, Fists, which we did once, Pokemons only, Marioverse only, etc)

5. Yea can we ban DLC stages? I don't get to practice regularly on stages like Dreamland and it feels lame to fight on a stage I don't actually know the mechanics to.

6. Same as this.

1, Yeah, timeframes rooled. This tournament has had little to no problems.

2. I think Halberd could be a counterpick. I like the stage personally

3. I like G@W Hammer because it's like a lagtest as well

4. PMU would be pretty funny, as would customs.

5. Da Rules are cool. Disagree on Elie wrt to Dreamland, if we ban a dlc stage, we'd have to ban DLC characters. Dreamland is just a bigger battlefield anyway.

6. After the other tournament is done? I forget when it's scheduled to be finished.

5. Da Rules are cool. Disagree on Elie wrt to Dreamland, if we ban a dlc stage, we'd have to ban DLC characters. Dreamland is just a bigger battlefield anyway.

I can totally fight Bayonetta on For Glory but I can't mess around on non-omega DreamLand unless I find a friend that'll let me mooch thiers.

It doesn't really matter to me but it's just something I noticed v you last night that i didn't know how the wind mechs worked

I can totally fight Bayonetta on For Glory but I can't mess around on non-omega DreamLand unless I find a friend that'll let me mooch thiers.

It doesn't really matter to me but it's just something I noticed v you last night that i didn't know how the wind mechs worked

Dreamland is really cheap to buy lol. But basically Dreamland is battlefield with a random wind mechanic, sometimes whispy blows left, sometimes right, it doesn't really affect too much of an outcome, only the occasional SD.

Strict timelines work really well, the Smash Revival Tournament dragged on way too long.

Also in terms of stages, the more the merrier I say~

1. Yes

2. Make it a counterpick stage.

3. That sounds like it'd be fair.

4. I like the Pick Your Character idea. I never really liked Custom Moves in Sm4sh, so I don't really care for that option.

5. No.

6. Maybe a few days after JBF ends?

Seems like people generally like the concepts of gimmicky side tourneys, from the support all of the ideas seem to have so far haha.

Yeah it actually motivates me to get the matches done lest I face the wrath of angry Jedi

EWW GROSS HALBERD. Counterpick stage, replace Lylat if that's too many stages because who even picks Lylat

Tbh it should be up to the players. Generally it's lax enough where people don't care about striking order and let the other dude go first, but yeah the players should settle it any way they want. Judge is the most convenient when a chat is set up though, its basically a built in RN generator.

idk about gimmicky tourneys but we need a Salty Suite of some kind. Stuff like Shin vs Horace or Ike/Link dittos since those are popular characters here. If someone else plays Mac other than Elieson then I would love to see a Mac ditto

Only the lack of specificity on stage striking in match 1. My area goes with 1-2-1 generally. Once again though, that might be up to the players in the match to specify. Otherwise the rules seem pretty standard except for 3 stock, which I prefer over 2 stock anyway.

Same as JBF in terms of length. Start it so it ends before finals week for those college students

1. I love the strict timelines, it makes the tournament speed up a lot more. One of my main issues with RoSF was that we were basically let loose to just do whatever, whenever.

2. I'd say make Halberd a counterpick

3. I'd be okay with this, I'm also okay with defaulting to a stage that both participants agree on.

4. Pick my Character seems a lot more fun to do.

5. I'd like a firm stance on stage striking, in terms of what the order is and how many bans we're allowed. 1-2-1? 1-1-1-1? I'd just like to know what type of stage striking process I'm getting myself into.

6. I'm fine with any time frame.

Should I put a poll up for the gimmick tourney? Like what people want most.

Also I'll work on making rules clearer

Edited by Jedi

1. Yes keeps everyone on track and gets the matches done.

2. Either counterpick or ok it for the omega version.

3. Not quite sure what to think of this one but I'm going to go with no.

4. My vote goes to customs being allowed

5. Not that I can think of.

6. Not sure whatever floats your boat.

1) Yes.

2) meh. I don't see the need.

3) HELL YEAH

4) "Voted Other (Please Specify)" - I T E M S O N B O Y S

5) Stage striking with only 7 stages should only be one strike.

6) idk

Edited by Euklyd

To clarify something, when I asked timeframe, I meant when the tournament started, not the time between rounds or anything of the sort