JBF feedback + Radiant Confrontation & Gimmick Poll now up

Jedi

21 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the gimmick tourney be?

• Customs Tourney
    • Pick My Character [Draft Tourney]
    • Robin Round Robin
    • Character(s)/Series/Weapon/Etc Themed Tourney
    • Other (Please Specify)

Start signups this weekend for a tourney to begin on 4/16

Are people ok with this?

Also when should the gimmicky one be setup? I think we can afford to be more lax because it isn't as official

1. Did you like the strict timelines?

2. Halberd was voted to be tried as a legal stage in the RoSF thread, how should we handle this addition?

3. Should Game & Watch Hammer be the main stage striking method at the start of a set? (This is where both players pick G&W and use his Judge [side B] Move and whomever has the higher number gets first stage strike)

4. If we were to do a more gimmicky tourney what would you like to see?

5. Are there any major rules, you don't agree with that we should maybe consider altering for the next regular tourney? That being Radiant Confrontation.

6. What kind of timeframe would you all like to see for Radiant Confrontation starting up?

1. Yes.

2. CP.

3. I don't mind it but I think you can leave it up to the players.

4. Not sure how PMC works, but it sounds fun. Obviously I'm pro-customs but I don't mind if we can't do it due to lack of interest. also I wouldn't really call customs a gimmick cough cough

5. Nah this is good.

6. What Elie suggested is fine for me.

1. Yes.

2. CP.

3. I don't mind it but I think you can leave it up to the players.

4. Not sure how PMC works, but it sounds fun. Obviously I'm pro-customs but I don't mind if we can't do it due to lack of interest. also I wouldn't really call customs a gimmick cough cough

5. Nah this is good.

6. What Elie suggested is fine for me.

Sorry for saying gimmick for them ^^; I do partly wish they were legal myself, but stuff like the counter sapling drained me haha.

Also basically the Pick My Character thing would work like a FE Soyo draft, which people picked units for each other, in a snake style, so like imagine.

Bob, Julia, Fred, Rose are in a draft (There will be 16 of us but yeah) A rng roll would show who goes first

Julia gets to pick first and picks once for the 2nd person Fred who gets to pick for Bob, who then would get to pick for Rose, then Rose would pick twice for Julia. We'd double back to Bob who would pick for Rose again, then Fred would pick for Bob, leading to Julia picking 2 people for Fred, then it would be Fred again. (Sorry if this explanation is poor)

On paper what I just explained would amount to looking like this

Julia - Dedede, Olimar

Fred - Duck Hunt, Charizard, Pac-Man

Bob - Zelda, Lucina

Rose - Doctor Mario, Shulk

In the event of us having 16 people, the process will be a bit drawn out, also there will be characters left over as 58 doesn't evenly divide, I'm also thinking of a rule where you can't use the same character twice in a row, in a set so you can't just rely on one of your characters.

Edited by Jedi

Sorry for saying gimmick for them ^^; I do partly wish they were legal myself, but stuff like the counter sapling drained me haha.

Also basically the Pick My Character thing would work like a FE Soyo draft, which people picked units for each other, in a snake style, so like imagine.

Bob, Julia, Fred, Rose are in a draft (There will be 16 of us but yeah) A rng roll would show who goes first

Julia gets to pick first and picks once for the 2nd person Fred who gets to pick for Bob, who then would get to pick for Rose, then Rose would pick twice for Julia. We'd double back to Bob who would pick for Rose again, then Fred would pick for Bob, leading to Julia picking 2 people for Fred, then it would be Fred again. (Sorry if this explanation is poor)

On paper what I just explained would amount to looking like this

Julia - Dedede, Olimar

Fred - Duck Hunt, Charizard, Pac-Man

Bob - Zelda, Lucina

Rose - Doctor Mario, Shulk

In the event of us having 16 people, the process will be a bit drawn out, also there will be characters left over as 58 doesn't evenly divide, I'm also thinking of a rule where you can't use the same character twice in a row, in a set so you can't just rely on one of your characters.

That's understandable. At least Exploding Balloons were nerfed, so that strategy is a lot less viable now.

Thanks for explaining, I pretty much get the gist now. Definitely would be down for this at some point.

That's understandable. At least Exploding Balloons were nerfed, so that strategy is a lot less viable now.

Thanks for explaining, I pretty much get the gist now. Definitely would be down for this at some point.

Yeah, I heard about that. I'm more than willing to do customs at some point, I just want to see interest, I see some, but this other idea seems to have gotten attention first haha

Also i'm glad I could explain it right, its early in the morning and I was afraid I'd overworded it or not been clear haha.

With Joined by Fate coming to a close soon, there is some things we need to address. Anyone who joined RoSF/JBF is welcome to participate

1. Did you like the strict timelines?

2. Halberd was voted to be tried as a legal stage in the RoSF thread, how should we handle this addition?

3. Should Game & Watch Hammer be the main stage striking method at the start of a set? (This is where both players pick G&W and use his Judge [side B] Move and whomever has the higher number gets first stage strike)

4. If we were to do a more gimmicky tourney what would you like to see? 2 examples of suggestions i've been given are.

Customs Tourney via Dotty, which is simply we can use the fighters many custom moves, but everything else is standard

Pick my Character via Jotaro Kujo, which when all 16 players are locked in, they'd select each others characters available throughout the tourney, and they'd be locked to that player

5. Are there any major rules, you don't agree with that we should maybe consider altering for the next regular tourney? That being Radiant Confrontation.

6. What kind of timeframe would you all like to see for Radiant Confrontation starting up?

Feel free to bring anything else up as well.

1. Timelines were fine.

2. Halberd as counterpick is ok. Or even as a starter.

3. If people want to do that that's a way to determine it akin to RPS for those for whom it matters.

4. I would hate the "have others pick your characters" format. I'd rather just do random only.

There's characters I'm not familiar with, and then there's characters I absolutely hate playing as. The former I'd be fine with trying, but if it's the latter then it would just be no fun.

I'd much rather work on and practice with characters I'm familiar with rather than have to pick up one or two just for this and I'll never play them again. I suppose it's good to become familiar with other characters but I'm not at the point where that's really useful to me.

Custom movesets would be interesting.

5. Rules were fine. I like 3 stock.

Not that I really know anything about competitive smash other than losing out massively in every tourney I play in.

Edited by XaosLogos

1. Timelines were fine.

2. Halberd as counterpick is ok. Or even as a starter.

3. If people want to do that that's a way to determine it akin to RPS for those for whom it matters.

4. I would hate the "have others pick your characters" format. I'd rather just do random only.

There's characters I'm not familiar with, and then there's characters I absolutely hate playing as. The former I'd be fine with trying, but if it's the latter then it would just be no fun.

I'd much rather work on and practice with characters I'm familiar with rather than have to pick up one or two just for this and I'll never play them again. I suppose it's good to become familiar with other characters but I'm not at the point where that's really useful to me.

Custom movesets would be interesting.

5. Rules were fine. I like 3 stock.

Not that I really know anything about competitive smash other than losing out massively in every tourney I play in.

I can see why you'd dislike that deal, and believe me I wouldn't force anyone to join it ^^

We'll probably have custom movesets down the line for some tourney.

I wasn't in JBF but I'm still going to give some feedback.

1. As a spectator, it really amazed me that your tournament went off without much of a hitch and I think this was part of the reason so definitely keep them.

2. As a counterpick

3. idk, it seems kinda tedious for the result. Striking isn't hard.

4. I like the SOYO draft idea. I think you could also have something similar, except a non-participant picks the characters.

5. I'd like to see Castle Siege, Umbra Clock Tower and Delfino Plaza added to the stage list. I've never understood why online tournaments go for such conservative stage lists considering the stakes are so much lower here. Plus in terms of bringing new people into tournaments, which is kinda the goal of establishing a scene, having more stages makes it more fun for them.

6. It's already started sooooooo

5. I'd like to see Castle Siege, Umbra Clock Tower and Delfino Plaza added to the stage list. I've never understood why online tournaments go for such conservative stage lists considering the stakes are so much lower here. Plus in terms of bringing new people into tournaments, which is kinda the goal of establishing a scene, having more stages makes it more fun for them.

I'll do another consideration, I started conservative just to have a starting point, I mean we've added Halberd now, so maybe it'll pave the way for the others.

Eventhough I dislike Delfino.