Bond Unit Thread / Let's Make Some Bond Units!

@Aarux: Thanks! I've added your card & left you a gift as well.

Also, I'll be shamelessly seizing a few extra skills from you as well - been looking for Counter on Kaden for a loooooong while now!

@Captain Karnage: I've left a gift for both you & your school buddy!

One question though. How long does it typically take for gifted accessories to show up in your own inbox? Nothing is showing up yet for me, despite updating at the crystal ball a half dozen plus times.

Figures with my luck I'd get a glitched game that refuses to work... *grumble*

I'm glad to help you out! Kaden seems like an uncommon unit to find good skills for, haha.

Regarding your update problem, have you tried closing your DS overnight with the wireless switch on? Sometimes leaving my DS closed for 5 minutes doesn't work for me, but leaving it closed overnight consistently does the trick. I hope it works for you.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wireless switch is the yellow light on the side of the 3DS unit? If so, it's always on.

It seems like it's only receiving stuff that's acting up... I can visit other castles fine and my Streetpass is functioning normally.

I'll try leaving my DS closed tonight then, just gotta make sure it's got a full charge so it doesn't up and run out of juice like an hour or so before I wake-up.

Mind you, there's play-off hockey tonight, and if there's more overtime, then I can probably leave my DS safely plugged in until like 1am/2am or so!

I take it I should both;

1. update my data at the crystal ball

2. enter into a battle

before leaving my DS closed?

Thanks for the help everyone! I hope I can get this working... eventually!

I'm pretty sure, but can't be certain. So if you don't take someone's calling card, then they don't get any accessory you might try and send?

Seems like a bass awkwards way of doing things...

EDIT: Holy feth! I don't know what I did differently, I updated at the crystal ball for the umpteenth time, went and set-up a Gold Rush run, closed my DS for 5 minutes, and finished the battle...

And my inbox just went completely batgak crazy and spewed out 37! gifted accessories! O.O

So now to spend the rest of the night sending gifts back!

I wish I knew what the heck was going on, but, meh, I'll take it!

Cheers again for all the help!

Edited by Experiment 626

Can I ask a question I'm trying to switch from my Hoshidan Castle to my Nohrcastle so people can come to the Mohr castle and I can make a bond unit. How do I switch castles

if you're using two different save files then use "update castle" on your conquest save

Thanks to everyone here who's sent me accessories! I've now got two shiny new Bond Units!

I'll post up their base stats & info later, (probably tomorrow - it is Game of Thrones night after all;) )

And I'll try my hardest to get around to gifting some more accessories, as I now have about 60+ visits to go make! (damn, I feel like Santa Clause now!)

Just a note for anyone willing to visit my castle. If you have a Conquest save file please send me accessories on that, because im trying to make a specific bond unit (one with Rose's Thorns and one with Bloodthirst). Also I'll be on my Nohr file in the next few days, my character may not be named Rhybgaro as a fair warning.

Finally got that Bushido bond unit I've been wanting. Whoever you are, Saku, thank you. Seriously. I'm so glad it didn't inherit Dragon Fang/Draconic Hex/some other noble skill

akjse9.jpg

As far as playable character's personal skills go, I think I'm just missing Miraculous Save and Peacebringer now... Here's hoping it won't take too long to get them. Never mind, just got both of them. lol

Edited by Aarux

Just got a rather... interesting bond unit:

Clove the Apothecary with Mischievous personal skill and with the inheritance of Draconic Hex (lame) and Replicate.

Finally got that Bushido bond unit I've been wanting. Whoever you are, Saku, thank you. Seriously. I'm so glad it didn't inherit Dragon Fang/Draconic Hex/some other noble skill

akjse9.jpg

As far as playable character's personal skills go, I think I'm just missing Miraculous Save and Peacebringer now... Here's hoping it won't take too long to get them.

Hi I'm Saku! He got my Countermagic too!~ Glad I could be of assistance! (StillDidn'tGetTheBabyFromYouYetTears.)

Hi ya! I just wanna see what kind of magical bond units sets I can get but i am looking to try and get one with in extremis which means i need some help with someone in the nohr route since i'm already in the Revelations route but again i don't mind getting other type of bond units since it is just fun to see what they get and look like to me.

Castle Address: 12812-32628 79181-54377

Class: Samurai

Path: Revelations

So if I understand things properly, due to a bug with the Bond Units in general, once you heart seal out of their starting class, (say my Bond Unit begins as a Samurai), they can never seal back into that class?

Hence, if I get a unit that begins as a Spear Fighter, if I were to train them such as Lv10 Spear Fighter ---> Master Seal to Basara & level to Lv5 ---> Heart Seal to Spear Master & level to 15 ---> Heart Seal to Nohr Noble...

From this point on I cannot ever go back to either Spear Master/Basara?

Just want to be sure, since for my second Bond Unit, I'd like to get both Rend Heaven + Lancefaire to take over into Wyvern Lord. (because what self respecting Targaryen themed character wouldn't ride a dragon when given half a chance?!)

Hi I'm Saku! He got my Countermagic too!~ Glad I could be of assistance! (StillDidn'tGetTheBabyFromYouYetTears.)

Thanks again! Haha hopefully you get yours soon. Should be anytime now...!

So if I understand things properly, due to a bug with the Bond Units in general, once you heart seal out of their starting class, (say my Bond Unit begins as a Samurai), they can never seal back into that class?

Hence, if I get a unit that begins as a Spear Fighter, if I were to train them such as Lv10 Spear Fighter ---> Master Seal to Basara & level to Lv5 ---> Heart Seal to Spear Master & level to 15 ---> Heart Seal to Nohr Noble...

From this point on I cannot ever go back to either Spear Master/Basara?

Just want to be sure, since for my second Bond Unit, I'd like to get both Rend Heaven + Lancefaire to take over into Wyvern Lord. (because what self respecting Targaryen themed character wouldn't ride a dragon when given half a chance?!)

You won't be able to reclass from Basara into Spear Master, unfortunately. Once you Master Seal up, your only reclass options are the Nobles + whatever alternate class set you got. You can't reclass to anything from your initial class set. Pretty annoying bug, eh?

No fething kidding! You'd think it was something that could be fixed with a simple update patch they could add-in when they go about tacking on more DLC...

Oh well, any Spear Fighters I get will obviously just go 15 levels of Basara for those skills. Guess I'll have to make-up for the lack of Lancefaire by simply forging a beatstick custom weapon! :D

I've added all of you newbies to this thread

I'm going to be going through exams all next week so I'm not going to have a lot of time to visit the rest of this week and most of next week

btw I'm considering getting another copy just so I can make a bunch more bond units

I'm up to 7 Bond Units now.

Sadly I keep getting absolute pants in terms of the 'personal skill' slot... I've got;

- a Spear Fighter/Wyvern Rider with Lucky Charm skill. (and no Luck based skills to make use of it!)

- a horrible pair-up of Wyvern Rider/Sky Knight with Sweeth Tooth of all things!

- a likely Hoshido Noble end class w/+1 Movement. (guess it's not that bad for a front line staff user?)

- a unit with Optimistic.

The only 'decent' personal skill slots I've gotten thus far have been a Lancebreaker and Evenhanded.

It's too bad you didn't get a choice between two randomly generated personal skills...

Who is Beyond (assuming you even check this thread - you seem to give me accessories on a regular basis)? I just got a Samurai called Lukas from you with Lancebreaker as the personal skill and Replicate/Nohrian Trust being the two bonus ones.

Neato

Edited by AddictPunk

Just a thought (dunno if this has been asked before), but do our Boon & Bane affect Bond Units' growths/mods? Or do they have neutral mods like generic units?

Also, s/o to Nayato, Daenerys and Xequin for being beautiful people.

Just a thought (dunno if this has been asked before), but do our Boon & Bane affect Bond Units' growths/mods? Or do they have neutral mods like generic units?

Also, s/o to Nayato, Daenerys and Xequin for being beautiful people.

To your question, I think this thread might address the issue: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62735&hl=%2Bbond+%2Bunits Been a while since I read it so I might be wrong (sorry if I am).

And thanks! You too!

To your question, I think this thread might address the issue: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62735&hl=%2Bbond+%2Bunits Been a while since I read it so I might be wrong (sorry if I am).

And thanks! You too!

Ah, that thread. I got too much to do ATM and I don't know all of the answers to what goes on in determining a bond unit's stats besides potentially being based off the parent avatars' Boon and Bane combinations, making a bond unit sort of like an MU, only with a much more limited skill pool. Besides getting a specific personal skill, a lot of things can be under players' control though it would require a lot of cooperation and setting up if you want your "perfect" bond unit.

@Jakkun: Thanks- right back at you!

I only got 2 new Bond babies yesterday... Hopefully get some today, and hopefully I'll finally get some decent random skills in the personal skill slot. (Sweet Tooth & Lucky Charm are both hugely disappointing, while Optimistic, Evenhanded are somewhat 'meh'...)

@Kingofsouls: I've got an accessory incoming right your way! ;-)