Ever since buying skills has become a thing, I've noticed a lack of interesting character reclassing in Fates. Everyone is either a Swordmaster, Master Ninja, or a Nohr/Hoshido Noble. Which is fine! Those classes are common for a reason! But I'm curious to hear if anyone did something different. Like making Effie into a healer, or making Kaze into a samurai.

I, for example, made my Avatar an Outlaw with +Luck/-Skill.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rinkah!Ignatius as an Oni Chieftain carrying Horse Spirit with an S-Rank supporting Malig Knight Corrin for maximum tank. In fact, Oni Chieftain is my favorite tanking class, bar none.

I hear about people reclassing Jacob to Paladin, but no one reclassing Felicia to Strategist, which just seems silly to me.

Ever since buying skills has become a thing, I've noticed a lack of interesting character reclassing in Fates. Everyone is either a Swordmaster, Master Ninja, or a Nohr/Hoshido Noble. Which is fine! Those classes are common for a reason! But I'm curious to hear if anyone did something different. Like making Effie into a healer, or making Kaze into a samurai.

I, for example, made my Avatar an Outlaw with +Luck/-Skill.

Part of the reason there's so many Ninjas is that Shuriken are the most broken weapons in the game. Nerfing 1-2 range physical weapons that aren't Shurikens definitely makes other weapon choices less appealing. I know that I try to get as many Tome and Shuriken users as I can.

I'm currently working on making Kagero a Berserker in Revelations right now because I find the concept of her having a 90% strength growth hilarious, and she can S with Arthur.

I'm currently working on making Kagero a Berserker in Revelations right now because I find the concept of her having a 90% strength growth hilarious, and she can S with Arthur.

That's the pair I went with in Revelations! Although, why does Kagero of all people have the highest Strength growth? She doesn't really look the part. I think they swapped Rinkah and Kagero's Strength growths by accident.

- Onmyoji Midori or bust.

- Turned Effie into a Sniper. It's hilarious.

- Nyx!Dwyer makes a half-legit Grandmaster.

- Despite her crappy Strength cap, Beruka!Nina was able to consistently shank things with an Iron Sword as a Dark Knight.

- Ignatius makes a pretty good Vanguard (and nothing short of having Elise for a mom will change that).

I actually use a bunch of weird reclasses

My Kamui is a Paladin in Conqeust, and a Hoshido Noble in Birthright (Didn't realize I could have picked a better class)

I have Sophie as a Bow Knight, I have Shigure as a Cavalier, and I'm considering Elise as a Malig Knight.

Forgot, Charlotte!Ophelia for Odin + Ophelia Crit' 'zerker adventurers. That 100% crit' rate was delicious.

You can get a 100% crit rate like that?! Jeez, and here I am, thinking that Author was the crit lord of Nohr...

You can get a 100% crit rate like that?! Jeez, and here I am, thinking that Author was the crit lord of Nohr...

I honestly wish Arthur had a better means of getting Butler, all things considered. I think a Barb Shuriken Dread Fighter/Butler Arthur lowering the LUC/DEF/RES of an enemy (with a high chance to crit) in preparation for Odin/Ophelia crit'ing with Selena support would be tons of fun.

Butler primarily so he can heal when he's not on crit' preparation duty.

Not the most practical team setup, but it'd be lots of fun.

That's the pair I went with in Revelations! Although, why does Kagero of all people have the highest Strength growth? She doesn't really look the part. I think they swapped Rinkah and Kagero's Strength growths by accident.

I think its more that Kagero and Kaze are like our usual Christmas Cavaliers (except y'know Ninjas), which one focuses speed and the other strength.

I don't mind Kagero's strength growth being so high because shes my favorite :P:

Edited by Jedi

I had a lot of fun with Great Master Shiro in my first Birthright run. It's actually a really good class, it's just really hard to put onto anyone who'd appreciate it, since it's dudes only and there are a grand total of 4 guys in Birthright who start with a lance rank, all of whom need to marry for it.

Also, no reclass makes me as happy as Wolfssegner Shigure. He's absolutely perfect.

I think its more that Kagero and Kaze are like our usual Christmas Cavaliers (except y'know Ninjas), which one focuses speed and the other strength.

The Christmas Cavaliers in this game are apparently Kaze and Saizo, not Kaze and Kagero.

The Christmas Cavaliers in this game are apparently Kaze and Saizo, not Kaze and Kagero.

I don't think Saizo really fits considering he's blue and he's built to be bulky but -shrugs-

Edited by Jedi

I don't think Saizo really fits considering he's blue and he's build to be bulky but -shrugs-

???

Saizou is red, Jedi.

Edited by Sunwoo