skill buying is for nerds and postgame munchkins

Wyvern Rider Elise is fun and surprisingly legit for Conquest. Probably don't need to mention Merchant Azama or Berserker Beruka since those are basically standard. Beyond that though, weirdest thing I've done is probably just Great Knight Hana. (She's hilariously papery in the class but gets very frequent Lunas when she reverts.)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since i love Leo have some Leo appreciation post

Leo is interesting because he had A+ support with Odin, but Odin had Dark Mage which is Leo's base class. As a result he is one of few unit who have access to Swordmaster, which aside from Corrin, is just Odin and Leo. In fact Forrest is, iirc unable to get it

If FE wiki is to be believed this is the specs of SM Leo growth:

55 HP

35 STR

60 MAG

65 SPD

60 LCK

30 DEF

55 RES

One Arms Scroll away from Levin Sword, and Leo had Malefic Aura to help him out early on.

In fact Berserker and Hero Leo look pretty rad as well, but accessing that isn't as easy as Swordmaster since it requires Corrin support

Edited by JSND

I like Asugi the Onmyoji. I did Sakura!Asugi in Birthright and Orochi!Asugi in Revelations.

Same. Except, I do Orochi!Asugi the Butler. I've already got enough Tome users and he goes in with Felicia's Ice Plate. He's also got the Candy Cane LOL. Felicia!Forrest is his Butler partner in crime.

Hm, General Rinkah!Caeldori isn't to odd... Neither is Ryoma!Shigure as a Swordmaster. Oh, I guess Peri!Sophie as a Sniper and Selena!Dwyer as a Master Ninja might be odd? Oboro!Mitama is outstanding as a Spear Master. Basara Mozu!Midori and Charlotte!Siegbert are pretty standard for the Miracle build... I decided to use Hinoka on Hisame instead. Everyone else had the classes they needed and Effie!Velouria!Kana was a Berserker.

In my second Reve run, im trying some different stuff

After Azura became a Great Lord ,I made her a General after I got her with Benny, and she is not bad really, not tanky but strong

Also I made Benny a Basara and Spear master in my first Revelations run and let me tell you, he becomes really damn powerful,sure a lil slow but really tanky and strong

Ignachos became a wyvern lord, having the skills of a Basara,Spear master and General, he became one heck of a powerful unit,and Falo the Wyvern lord just takes out his biggest problem really...

Percy is just my nuke weapon, in every run.... even more now that I got Counter Magic, thanks to Azama and Arthur's friendship... this time he will become even more of a op Berserker... too bad I cant make him a Oni Chieftain.. or is there a way to make him one ? . w.

Mozu as a Dark falcon.... that's it

While I hear alot of people saying that Beruka is bad... I disagree, even more after I made her a Hero, she became one heck of a axe user and made alot of crits

Leo Grandmaster... problaby nothing special but I found it neat really

Camilla the Oni Chieftain (yes I married her in my second R run... I feel abit weird but is good .w . ) is preety good really, while her melons dissapears, she still becomes a great unit and problaby one of the best to use weapons like Bolt Axe

I made Shiro both a Merchant and a Wyvern lord... he is not bad with them really, just nothing special compared to Spear Master

Also whenever I get Odin, I make him a Swordmaster quick, although im thinking of making him a Hero, because honestly, he is a fantastic sword use... not a very good magic user though...

And Oni Chieftain/Blacksmith Avatar... its preety freaking good...

I am going to do a run with Corrin as a Butler, since its the closest I will get from your typical rogue class other than Ninja. I did reclass Nyx into a Dark Knight, which worked so much better than her being a sorcerer. It gives her some more defense and hitpoints, allowing her to take a hit or two before going down, and gives her some mobility.

I have Dread Fighter Beruka on my Conquest file, to make use of her personal skill more. She doesn't need to double to kill in normal at least, at what she doesn't kill gets left for picking off for EXP.

For Revelations I'm trying some other stuff this time. Although I'm not doing Berserker Azura this time around (HOW DID I NOT REALIZE THIS COULD BE A THING), I have Maid Sakura, Vanguard Hinata and Berserker Rinka (Thanks so much for Thor's instructions on the blog! :D). Then there's Master of Arms Mozu!Midoriko, Basara Orochi!Gurei.

What do you guys think of Master of Arms Effie? (with Defensive Formation and Luna because Spd-screwed and passing through G. Knight) Also since I am one of the people who paired the spares and paired up Elise with Benoit, could going Strategist salvage Ignatius?

Berserker Rinkah and Dark Flier Saizo every time

this is legit, guys. Dark Flier Saizo is amazing and it ends up fixing so many of his problems. (plus hes pretty on that black pegasus)

Kaze works well in the Samurai line tbh.

Orochi as a Sorc is bomb af

Xander as Lodestar, Elise as Great Lord, Camilla as True Blade, Leo as Hero, and Myself as Vanguard. The Lordiest family of all!

One day I will make every man and woman a vanguard. Than we will all Fight for Our Friends!!! :evil:

That is definitely something I've gotta do. Oh, and I might even try Priestess Elise while I'm at it.

Well Sakura does have a decent Str growth and I've been pretty lucky with it. Not to mention she can get it as soon as Elise joins. Which gives plenty of time for leveling up Kunai rank. (I'd do Onmyoji Elise if I hadn't reclassed her to Witch during her join chapter. :P)

But yeah, any help with my questions?

EDIT: I just realized what you could do with Effie's personal + Diamond Strike + Life and Death. Gimmicky shenanigans go!

(I'll probably reclass Effie after Lv.15...)

Edited by s07195

I am going to do a run with Corrin as a Butler, since its the closest I will get from your typical rogue class other than Ninja.

I did a run like that before. He was a mediocre unit, to be honest.

Well, I don't know how interesting it is, or actually how good will be as a unit, but I was thinking in making my Sakura!Siegbert a Dread Fighter... Probably this will be the most crazy reclass in my units (since I don't know what to do with the others)

Edited by SniperGYS

I never did this personally (since Lunatic nogrind and all) but now I realise I could totally get Life or Death on my Dark Flier Saizo for a free extra 20 dmg on him provided that he doubles.

Galeforce awaaaaaaaaaaaay

I mean fuck, this guy has good mag, DF has horse spirit to fix his speed, he has replicate and LoD access he's meant for galeforce

Edited by Thor Odinson

Ever since buying skills has become a thing, I've noticed a lack of interesting character reclassing in Fates. Everyone is either a Swordmaster, Master Ninja, or a Nohr/Hoshido Noble. Which is fine! Those classes are common for a reason! But I'm curious to hear if anyone did something different. Like making Effie into a healer, or making Kaze into a samurai.

I, for example, made my Avatar an Outlaw with +Luck/-Skill.

A fellow Outlaw fan huh? I did the same thing on my second playthrough of Conquest. I decided +Magic/-Luck though since my Corrin was going to be the only Shining Bow user. How did that setup work for you? For me, personally, Corrin was pretty damn useless towards the beginning. He barely had any Str, and since I leveled a bit in his base class, also lacked Res. Thankfully, he gained a lot more usability with his promotion to Adventurer. Also helps that Adventurer has a pretty cool outfit :P.

I will admit though that I did utilize the My Castle skill buy feature :/ so idk if my opinion really means much >_>.

My Corrin is going Sniper. Not the Sniper that insta-blicks things. . .the Sniper that debuffs other units, so the rest of my team can clean up. Should've done something like +HP/-Luk, but oh well.

Honestly I'm only interested in buying skills for child inheritance. I'm more a "earn it through hard work" kind of person.

Though I plan to end my avatar in Grandmaster. I'm a bit of a sucker for Awakening, so...

Let's see...

Hero and Master Ninja Corrin, 'Zerk Rinkah, Master Ninja Soleil (which is her natural reclass for some reason), Nohr Noble Ophelia (actually not that bad, if like glass), and Hero Effie (she also went through Great Lord in the process, so Aether Hero) are the most interesting ones.

Someone mentioned Strategist Felicia here I think. I changed her over to it the moment she got Live to Serve, and never looked back. In Birthright she's the only one you get easily, and will likely come before Hinoka or anyone else hits Falcon Knight, so first mounted healer. Amazing support unit (Devoted Partner, Demoiselle, Inspiration = +4/-6 damage for Corrin), and heals great (she makes Sakura look pretty bad honestly). Thin as paper though. 3 Def and 25 HP at level 21 and with D Tomes since she mostly heals anyway. Her Skill growth is shot, but her Mag and Spd get boosted. She might like Onmyoji though, if you're willing to put her and Hayato together (I'm trying for Butler Asugi this time though, so I can't test it).

I did a run like that before. He was a mediocre unit, to be honest.

Well what I am trying to do to fix that is I have reclassed him into a Great Knight first trying to up his stats a little more before reclassing to Butler. I think Luna will work well for damage as it halves enemy defense, and Diamond Strike will help with any defensive problems since its an automatic -10 to damage taken when combat is initiated. If that doesnt work there is always the skill buying system to fix its problems.

I am also thinking of Reclassing Peri into a Dark Mage. Out of curiosity I want to see how it works, but I imagine it will be terrible. I am also planning on turning Benny into a Great Knight to give him more mobility once he gets the skills from General.

I reclassed my Flora into a Sorcerer, and its been pretty good so far, but her Speed sucks. If anybody can get Wary Fighter/Renewal Flora, i'd appreciate it. My Arthur is a Great Knight right now, for better or worse, and Nyx is going to soon be an Adventurer.

Is it worth reclassing Azura into anything, cause I always ended up keeping her a songstress.

I reclassed my Flora into a Sorcerer, and its been pretty good so far, but her Speed sucks. If anybody can get Wary Fighter/Renewal Flora, i'd appreciate it. My Arthur is a Great Knight right now, for better or worse, and Nyx is going to soon be an Adventurer.

Is it worth reclassing Azura into anything, cause I always ended up keeping her a songstress.

Reclass her to witch then switch back to songstress, Warp and sing go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly

Reclass her to witch then switch back to songstress, Warp and sing go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly

And to add to this:

Slap Amaterasu on her, for a better healing aura (not sure if it stacks with her personal skill, though). She also appreciates Demoiselle/Inspiration (marry Jakob).