Favorite/Least Favorite 2nd Gen Character

The DanMan

240 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite 2nd Generation Character

2. 2. Least Favorite 2nd Generation Character

This should be pretty self-explanatory: who is your favorite and least favorite 2nd generation character in this game?

My favorite is Hisame, easily. He doesn't have any real "gimmick" to him, and that's still true in the localization outside of My Room lines. He's serious and down-to-earth; he's generally the straight man in his supports, forced to meet other people halfway. He's got issues with the way his father conducts himself, and seems extremely straight-laced; nevertheless, he still has some heartwarming supports (his one with Percy comes to mind). In general, among the gimmicky/fetish laden/what-have-you cast of Fates, Hisame feels like a fish out of water.

Least favorite... this is a two-way tie between Soleil and Selkie. I'm not even going to bother saying much on Soleil, other than the localization seems to have been confused in their way in handling her; as such, she's stuck in an awkward middle, rather than being either full bi or straight who seeks out same-gendered companionship.

Selkie, on the other hand, is all about playing. Playing and darn near nothing else. She's exceedingly one-note, and the choice of English VA (it's Peri's, and she sounds almost exactly like her) doesn't help her.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shiro is my favorite.

He's such a nice guy, and cool as well. Good-looking too, I love his arms, they are just perfect!

And most of supports are pretty good, his friedship with Siegbert is very well done! This may sound weird, but their frienship is so healthy, and they are such a good influence on each other.

I don't really dislike any of the kids.

Edited by Water Mage

Shinonome is easily my favorite for being a pretty swell guy with good supports, no real gimmick and he acknowledges his own flaws and tries to correct them in a manner that doesn't border on insanity, unlike a certain other prince.

My least favorite child is Kanna. I would agree with you on Selkie due to her being one of the most shallow characters in the entire series, but the same could be said for (at least female) Kanna as well. I just see her as a failed attempt at creating another Morgan; they removed everything that made Morgan endearing and interesting and just focused on making sure Kanna was cute and sucks up to the avatar and by extension the player - much like Morgan did, don't get me wrong, but it comes across as so artificial and false.

Edited by Thane

Shinonome is easily my favorite for being a pretty swell guy with good supports, no real gimmick and he acknowledges his own flaws and tries to correct them in a manner that doesn't border on insanity, unlike a certain other prince.

My least favorite child is Kanna. I would agree with you on Selkie due to her being one of the most shallow characters in the entire series, but the same could be said for (at least female) Kanna as well. I just see her as a failed attempt at creating another Morgan; they removed everything that made Morgan endearing and interesting and just focused on making sure Kanna was cute and sucks up to the avatar and by extension the player - much like Morgan did, don't get me wrong, but it comes across as so artificial and false.

I have yet to get most of the kids even on Conquest (the only route I played), but I absolutely agree with this Kana analysis. It's no wonder he/she gets friendzoned so hard on pretty much all their S from what I heard. The excess of trying to make them super cute was super annoying after some time for me.

My favorite is Midori she is adorable and useful, then mabye Forrest (it is refreshing to see the obligatory trap character taken to it's logical extreme and actual admit to trying to look like a women, rather then he looks like a woman just deal with it yo. Oh all those years I thought Lucius was a woman... Ya...) and then Velouria, Siegbert and Percy as units mostly I haven't really given most of the Birthright kids a fair shake though...

Asugi I hated Gauis in Awakening and I still hate him here, I will only unlock this kid once to play his Paralogue after that never again.

Runner up is Soleil and Rhajat....

Shiro is my favorite.

He's such a nice guy, and cool as well. Good-looking too, I love his arms, they are just perfect!

And most of supports are pretty good, his friedship with Siegbert is very well done! This may sound weird, but their frienship is so healthy, and they are such a good influence on each other.

I don't really dislike any of the kids.

Yeah, Shiro is my 2nd favorite; I let my myrmidon bias win out, though.

Shiro is my most favorite, for reasons already stated. And he's just in front of, oddly enough, Nina. That may mainly be due to bias for her design being my favorite in the game lol. I do really like how she admits her own flaws at times and does give the guys a chance to back out of being in a relationship with her, which is pretty admirable imo. Like, she would have been my favorite if she was more focused on being a chivalrous thief and stuff,

Least favorite is Soleli. I really wanted to like her, but she was just... bad. I hate her harassment of others, and it makes sense for her to friendzone some guys, but not all. Honestly, it still puzzles me why she isn't the gay option for women.

Shiro a cute

I don't give a shit about most of the kids enough. There's Shiro, there's like, the 4 others I like less than shiro but still like, and then there's the rest where I just can't give a fuck

Siegbert is just really lovable for me, right in front of Sophie and their supports together are so nice... The little prince just tries so hard to be the best future king he can be, but at the same time there's an awkwardness to it all that reminds you for all his adult like qualities he's still young.

I went with Mitama as my favourite, mostly because I can identify with being a shut-in who (tries to) write poetry.

My least favourite has got to be Soleil. At least Nina has the interesting dynamic with her dad going for her. Soleil is not only a one note gimmick, she is a badly done gimmick. The way she treated Forrest in the japanese version, as well as poor Ophelia in both versions is just disgusting. If you are trying to sell us pseudo lgbt+ characters, at least don't make them actively harass others.

Edited by Nanima²

That moment after you voted and saw Shiro at the top. Then, it reminds you that Shiro got himself killed before you could save him. I have made that mistake. Lobster Man is probably angry at me.

And that's why Midori is my favourite.

Mitama, Shigure and Shiro are all characters I like, they're well-rounded and believable. Pity they weren't first gen. I voted Shigure because Shiro has enough and I like him a tiny bit more than Mitama.

Least favorite is Rhajat. No, I did not like you when you were stalking me in Awakening, what makes you think I'd like you when you're stalking me in Fates?

Shiro a cute

I don't give a shit about most of the kids enough. There's Shiro, there's like, the 4 others I like less than shiro but still like, and then there's the rest where I just can't give a fuck

Kinda agree, I like like 5-6 kids (Shiro, Velouria, Asugi, Caeldori, Ophelia, Kanna), then it would Nina,Selkie, Soleil(only design wise), all the others are like crap.

Forrest as my favourite. Despite being the obvious trap character, the fact that he doesn't allow peoples opinions on his hobbies and the way he dresses to affect him. This is a very admirable trait to have and is one that can be applied to real life.

Soleil as my least favourite. I just find her to be a joke with all seriousness. She's supposed to be bi, but she can only get in a relationship with one guy and only cause he looks like a girl. Not because of his personality or that they had good chemistry, but because he's a cross dresser. I despise her.

My favorite kid is a very though one because I like so many of them. Percy gets my official vote because he needs the love. He also combines Arthur's great super hero gimmick with being Pit.

Kiragi reminds me very much of M Morgan and since I find M Morgan one of the best Fire emblem characters I find that a very good thing. Kiragi also has plenty of good supports and is consistently nice.

I appreciate Forrest for just how tastefully his personality is presented. He's not the bud of jokes and a lot of times its handled rather seriously. I also like how sassy he is despite his girly looks.

And then there are the two older princess for the same reasons everyone else likes them.

My least favorite is without a doubt Asugi. The whole concept of pretty much cloning entire characters and just changing the name sits very badly with me. Its just shameless pandering.

The thing that bugs me about Asugi is that I just don't see what Gaius did to deserve a clone. I get why Tharja and Cordelia got ''re imagined''. They were two of the most popular and most talked about characters, even if some of that talk was negative. But who the heck was Gaius in the grand scheme of things? Sure, he ranked weirdly high in a Japanese poll but who ever talked about Gaius worth as a character, his role in the story or his potential as a unit. On the whole he struck me as very forgettable.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

A lot of people dislike Rhajat, which kinda makes me sad, since I like her so much. She's just a weird quirky character.

But my favorite is Caeldori (an uncommon favorite). She reminds me of myself in a way, a lot of the time trying to be way too perfect for her own good. She tries hard just to impress her father, which gets me.

I hate Percy. He's Arthur but short. He gets on my nerves. End of story. No offense to Percy lovers.

Honorable mentions would be Selkie, Rhajat, Sophie, Midori, and Ophelia.

^As the route pandering clearly shows, the Japanese audience is the one that matters, first and foremost.

I did notice that too. If the west was taken into account then it would probably the more universally liked Henry who would have goten his clone.

Its actually something that bugs me because I happen to like multiple Japanese franchises and I'm starting to see the annoying pattern. We also see this in the Koei Warriors series. Japanese fans tends to reward certain things like tsunderes or prettyboy's and if those things are more controversial in the west(as tsunderes are) then its not going to matter, the Japanese fans like them so every fan is going to be more exposed to those types of characters while things that are looked upon more kindly in the rest of the world won't be getting special dlc episodes devoted to them.

My favorite is Forrest. He is a pretty swell guy.

Least favorite is Nina... and the reason may be quite unfair to her. But the reason I dislike her is because I know someone in real life who is a yaoi fangirl. So much of a fangirl to the point where she literally wrote fanfiction about me and one of my friends because we both had interest in guys.. despite the fact that she was a yaoi fangirl, she is quite homophobic. She thinks that gays deserve to go to hell, yet wants to see guys make out because it would be entertaining for her. And that is just a few reasons why I dont like her (the girl I know irl), she is a bitch. So being that I see that Nina is a yaoi fangirl, I immediately think of that girl I know in real life, so that connection immediately makes me despise Nina.

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

I've got to say, the Forrest love is definitely surprising. I knew Shiro was popular, but they're both tied.

And I sit alone, the sole, dejected Critame fan.

I'm one of the few people on here that likes Dwyer according to the polls. I can see why, as his attitude surprisingly isn't accepted by most people. I think I personally like him because his sleepy voice and him as a person (especially as Azura's son) is adorable. Shigure is a close second because the fact he can sing AND draw is a big bonus for some reason. Then again...

Honorable Mentions [Who I Want As My Children]:

Percy - See my response to CWGameplay below for the answers

Rhajat - Rhajat is one of the options for an S-Support for girls. Having a bisexual/lesbian daughter in itself doesn't sound that special, but the fact Rhajat is well... Rhajat actually makes for a potentially strong support between mother and daughter, especially as a bisexual Fire Emblem fan as well. I mean, I could do something similar for Soleil BUT... Yeah no. Soleil is more social than Rhajat AND has no excuse for her behavior. I can see Rhajat being a social pariah despite her actions in the Japanese release really showing why she acts the way she does.

I guess my least favorite child depends on what game I am playing. For Conquest, I am tied between Nina and Soleil. I married Niles as a man in my first run but reading about Nina doesn't make me want to pair Niles with anyone. She really sounds like the worst person to talk to. I don't even want to marry anyone with her because of it. And Soleil is a mixed bag. I have to wait until I play Birthright though for me to have an actual opinion on least favorite characters.

Edited by Dangerus

Favorite has to be Forrest. He was handled the best, in my opinion, in terms of character gimmick and giving Leo (the best-est baby bro) something of a brief character arc with his introduction. He teaches the valuable lesson that one should not be ashamed of themselves or the things that they like. It hits home for me as I had to deal with children during my school years criticizing and ridiculing me for my taste in entertainment such as manga, anime, games and even music. The fact that there is a character embodying the lessons I wish had realized during my younger years is both nostalgic and uplifting because we should not be ashamed of who we are.

After careful consideration, Midori is my least favorite. You are a child, Midori, no matter what the game tries to make me believe. You talk in third person, you cried when some little crumb-crushers didn't listen to you and you still have the demeanor of a child. You are the second-gen Elise. No, I will not be marrying you off. Yes, you will be forever alone. No, you are not an adult; you are a Bratty McBrat Brat. It is one thing to be a child. It is another to be a child and insist that you are an adult but proceed to act like a child. You cannot have the cake and eat it, too. Kanna may be a cutesy kid there to be cute but at least he/she knows his place--the same cannot be said for Midori.

Honorable mentions are Shinonome as one of the best children because of his name and personality. He's a very well-rounded character with my favorite Hoshidan class. Percy (a.k.a Mucha-Lucha) is another favorite child of mine. The fact that he is the son of the Glorious Arthur is all that I need, along with the luchadore mask. His crying portrait is adorable and I feel like a bad person for wanting to see it all the time. Ophelia Dusk is the last. She is the daughter of Odin Dark, a character that I feel I would have a connection with if he were real because he would be a living JoJo character. Plus, she's really cute and her voice is so adorable~~!

Dishonorable mentions are Rhajat, Soliel and Asugi. I do not like these kids.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

A lot of people dislike Rhajat, which kinda makes me sad, since I like her so much. She's just a weird quirky character.

But my favorite is Caeldori (an uncommon favorite). She reminds me of myself in a way, a lot of the time trying to be way too perfect for her own good. She tries hard just to impress her father, which gets me.

I hate Percy. He's Arthur but short. He gets on my nerves. End of story. No offense to Percy lovers.

Honorable mentions would be Selkie, Rhajat, Sophie, Midori, and Ophelia.

Wait. So you hate Arthur?! And that's why you hate Percy?!

That's a little disappointing. Though, I can't fault you for not liking a clone character much. In fact, I think this is a better reason than 'He's a brat! Ugh!' FE Fates isn't that original. Though, I do like the idea of raising Percy myself. In fact, I really want to do that. I might marry Arthur in one of my playthroughs to get Percy now. The idea of a kid trying to be a superhero in a high fantasy setting like Fire Emblem actually warms my heart to bits.

Also, your reason for liking Caeldori is cute. It makes me excited to see the Birthright children.

My faovurite is Shiro. I don't think I can say anything about him that has already been said. Least favourite is Hisame because he seemed like he could've been a somewhat interesting character, but the localization kinda went too far on the pickle thing.