Favorite/Least Favorite 2nd Gen Character

The DanMan

240 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite 2nd Generation Character

2. 2. Least Favorite 2nd Generation Character

My favorite is Selkie. I like her class, and she has a really cute personality and supports.

My least favorite is Ophelia. Her personality annoys me and her design is really hideous.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My faovurite is Shiro. I don't think I can say anything about him that has already been said. Least favourite is Hisame because he seemed like he could've been a somewhat interesting character, but the localization kinda went too far on the pickle thing.

To be fair, all of Hisame's suppports about pickles were about pickles in the japanese version.

That said, my favorite is Shiro, and my least is Rhajat.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

My favorite second generation character is either Hisame or Shigure. Hisame for having a nice design and (in the JP version at least, didn't recruit kids in the English) for being pretty down-to-earth. I like Shigure when I remember that he exists. Which isn't a lot of the time.

Least favorite? Asugi. Just, Asugi. His design is the laziest and most uninspired of the kids, period, and I hate that the stupid candy obsession followed him to this game. I didn't like Gaius in design or personality in Awakening anyway. At least JP!Shara wasn't too bad.

Ophelia became my favorite about 30 seconds into her paralouge intro. "I now hunger for the super ultimate tome". It helps that she's broken as fuck so I get to use her on every run with no remorse.

Runner up has to be Sophie, not even for her character, combat, or Avel. Just her fucking faces on the combat screen.

Past that it's a 3 way tie between Percy, Shiro, and Nina with all the other kids in a distant 3rd minus the awakenign trio...

The birthright reincarnates just suck with Rhajat as the worst offender by a hair, seriously ew.

Edited by joshcja

I ignored the kids entirely in Birthright and Conquest and have just started recruiting them in Revelations, though I plan to leave most for postgame.

The only ones that interest me are Shiro, Forrest, Ophelia, and Mitama.

The only one I can't stand from the get-go is Kana for trying too hard to be cute and being pure player worship. Selkie's voice and Sophie's "super duper" way of speaking annoy me but not as much as Kana.

The rest I don't care about.

My favourite 2nd gen character is Kiragi. He's just sooo cute. Sophie is my second favourite.

My least favourite is, without a doubt, Siegbert. I really dislike his design and I find his personality quite boring. Hisame is my second least favourite for the exact same reasons, the only reason I like him more is because Hinata is one of my favourite 1st Gen units whereas Xander is one of the characters that I don't really care about.

Least favorite? Asugi. Just, Asugi. His design is the laziest and most uninspired of the kids, period, and I hate that the stupid candy obsession followed him to this game. I didn't like Gaius in design or personality in Awakening anyway. At least JP!Shara wasn't too bad.

Asugi is my least favorite kid of the Hoshido Awakening trio. In fact. I dread pairing Saizo up with anyone. Gaius in myself I never got the hype for. Like he's so annoying. This is coming from someone that loves Virion and Arthur so this says a lot.

Asugi is my least favorite kid of the Hoshido Awakening trio. In fact. I dread pairing Saizo up with anyone. Gaius in myself I never got the hype for. Like he's so annoying. This is coming from someone that loves Virion and Arthur so this says a lot.

The only support I like with Asugi is the one with his mother. Granted, it is generic and it doesn't fit some of the mother's personalities (Rinka comes to mind first) but I still find it cute and heartwarming.

I didn't realize so many people didn't like Gaius. I thought he was one of the most popular bachelors (not talking about any official polls). But, then again, I can't say that I know--I was too busy with that Travis Willingham Lon'qu and having his kid.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I see a lot of people choosing Ophelia; may I ask why? I like Owain, but she feels like a cheap imitation without her father's more serious moments, which were done very well in both Awakening and Fates. Maybe I've missed a good support.

Or is it the breasts? It's the breasts, isn't it?

I see a lot of people choosing Ophelia; may I ask why? I like Owain, but she feels like a cheap imitation without her father's more serious moments, which were done very well in both Awakening and Fates. Maybe I've missed a good support.

Honestly, I like her because, like her daddy, I can imagine she is a character from JJBA.

I actually like the Dark Mage/Sorceror design and I actually don't care if pixelated/animated boobies are in my face because I ignore them, regardless. Her design, in particular, is one of my favorites. Her voice is cute, her design is cute and she is a girl version of Odin Dark, who I love.

Gameplay-wise, she is a Critical Beast.

This is, of course, all opinions, though.

Personally, I find the way Ophelia acts really endearing. Tbh, I used to complain about her and Odin's antics, but I've come to find them really adorable recently. I can also relate to both of them because I like coming up with weird fantasies and telling others about them (although unlike these two, I tend to laugh at the way people react to the stuff I spout because they usually look at me like I'm an alien or something).

I might be a bit biased though because Ophelia is my Corn's daughter.

Edited by Matt-hue

My favorite second generation character is either Hisame or Shigure. Hisame for having a nice design and (in the JP version at least, didn't recruit kids in the English) for being pretty down-to-earth. I like Shigure when I remember that he exists. Which isn't a lot of the time.

Hisame's changes in the localization were relatively minor; the only things of note are his My Room lines. Despite the uproar, he's largely the same.

Edited by The DanMan

Not gonna say yes but....

Yes.

Its fine they're just the twin tips of the iceberg.

Edited by joshcja

I like Shiro and Hisame a lot but the vote goes to Hisame. He's not a irritating gimmicky character, and it stands out against a cast of vapid one-note characters. I enjoy his relationship with his dad Hinata a lot as well.

Asugi is an annoying little bastard that disgraces the Saizo name.

Hisame's changes in the localization where relatively minor; the only things of note are his My Room lines. Despite the uproar, he's largely the same.

That's good to hear. From what I'd heard it sounded as if he was massively flanderized but if it's just My Room lines, that's not a big deal.

… That said, I still haven't found the motivation to recruit the kids or to pair anyone besides the royals.

Honestly, I like her because, like her daddy, I can imagine she is a character from JJBA.

I actually like the Dark Mage/Sorceror design and I actually don't care if pixelated/animated boobies are in my face because I ignore them, regardless. Her design, in particular, is one of my favorites. Her voice is cute, her design is cute and she is a girl version of Odin Dark, who I love.

Gameplay-wise, she is a Critical Beast.

This is, of course, all opinions, though.

Personally, I find the way Ophelia acts really endearing. Tbh, I used to complain about her and Odin's antics, but I've come to find them really adorable recently. I can also relate to both of them because I like coming up with weird fantasies and telling others about them (although unlike these two, I tend to laugh at the way people react to the stuff I spout because they usually look at me like I'm an alien or something).

I might be a bit biased though because Ophelia is my Corn's daughter.

Again, I'm not trying to change your opinion of anything, but I just don't see it. Why settle for someone who's essentially copied just because she's cute? Like, if anything we have too many cute characters in the game; it almost becomes ridiculous at a certain point. I find Owain more compelling because he's got the decency to know when to stop being dramatc; Ophelia does that very rarely (I can only think of her A support with her father), and even when she does, I can't remember a single line she has said.

Oh, if we're talking gameplay-wise though, then hell yes, I love that woman. She and Velour have helped out tremendously in my runs.

Again, I'm not trying to change your opinion of anything, but I just don't see it. Why settle for someone who's essentially copied just because she's cute? Like, if anything we have too many cute characters in the game; it almost becomes ridiculous at a certain point. I find Owain more compelling because he's got the decency to know when to stop being dramatc; Ophelia does that very rarely (I can only think of her A support with her father), and even when she does, I can't remember a single line she has said.

Oh, if we're talking gameplay-wise though, then hell yes, I love that woman. She and Velour have helped out tremendously in my runs.

I can see why someone wouldn't really like Ophelia, because yeah, she is kinda one dimensional. I'm drawn to things I find cute though, and she reminds me of a puppy (in a... weird, roundabout way), so I enjoy reading her dialogue. It's a rather shallow reasoning for liking her, I know, but it's the best explanation I can provide. However, I'll admit that I definitely like her father more.

Edit: As for my actual answers, my favourite second gen is Velour (Velouria) and my least favourite is Soleil.

Edited by Matt-hue

I do get where your coming from.

I'm not looking at Ophelia with the same the depth that I'm looking at Forrest, if that makes any sense. As evidenced by my first post (the very first one I made in this thread), I didn't even give proper, legitimate reasons for why I even liked Ophelia, other than some silly things I reiterated in my post responding to yours. I acknowledge that she is a lazy copy-paste character; the way I feel about her is purely aesthetic and shallow and shouldn't be taken with seriousness.

It's kind of complicated to explain.

I can see why someone wouldn't really like Ophelia, because yeah, she is kinda one dimensional. I'm drawn to things I find cute though, and she reminds me of a puppy (in a... weird, roundabout way), so I enjoy reading her dialogue. It's a rather shallow reasoning for liking her, I know, but it's the best explanation I can provide. However, I'll admit that I definitely like her father more.

Edit: As for my actual answers, my favourite second gen is Velour (Velouria) and my least favourite is Soleil.

I do get where your coming from.

I'm not looking at Ophelia with the same the depth that I'm looking at Forrest, if that makes any sense. As evidenced by my first post (the very first one I made in this thread), I didn't even give proper, legitimate reasons for why I even liked Ophelia, other than some silly things I reiterated in my post responding to yours. I acknowledge that she is a lazy copy-paste character; the way I feel about her is purely aesthetic and shallow and shouldn't be taken with seriousness.

It's kind of complicated to explain.

Nah, you've explained yourself well, so thank you, and it's not that weird either! I really like Cynthia in Awakening, and she's sort of a one-note character too, even if she's a badass in the Future Past DLC. I also like Velour in Fates, and she's not a very complex character either.

Some characters just resonate with you, I guess, but I was surprised at the high number of people who liked Ophelia the most, is all.

Least favorite is Asugi because they absolutely butchered a great character and cloned into this... monstrosity. Gaius may have had a couple candy supports, but a majority of his supports don't even include his gimmick and focus more on say his life in the streets, not to mention that a majority of them were very well written imo (Chrom, Lissa, Cherche, and Libra are amazing) Asugi just... ugh they went overboard with the candy, Gideon Emory makes him sound super obnoxious with the voice acting, he has none of the substance that made Gaius a good character.

Favorite is Mitama. Think they nailed her brooding artist trope but made it very believable, and even though she's pretty gimmicky it comes off naturally and unforced in her dialogue. Her design is also super cute too. Liked Shiro and Sophie a lot as well, haven't played Conquest yet.

The kids I got so far are: Kana, Shigure, Siegbert, Nina, Percy, Ignatius, Dwyer, Forrest, Soleil, Sophie and Ophelia.

I'm gonna pick Percy and Nina because of the lot they are the only ones that actually show the stupidity of the Deeprealms in this game. "Yea, thanks dad and mom, leaving me here for years and years by myself." The others don't seem to care.

The worst for me are the Kanas. Too much "papa, mama" and etc to attempt to be way too cute that it ends being the opposite (for me anyway). I read that their S supports got changed to friendship, and first I agreed with someone who was complaining, but now I actually think this is better as they are too childish, in their mentality/attitude, as most of the other kids seems to be mid-late teens and Kana seems an 8 year old too attached to their parents. Sure, we can argue then about Percy/Midori, but Kana is just too annoying.