The DanMan

240 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite 2nd Generation Character

2. 2. Least Favorite 2nd Generation Character

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest was handled excellently and I honestly love his whole character.

Rhajat can fuck off I left you behind in Awakening for a reason now you show up again and 'take' the lesbian spot so the only way I can actually be satisfied marrying another girl is with homebrew letting me marry literally any other one.

What annoys me the most is that Niles is a totally fresh character that's actually got decent characterization compared to Rhajat being a fucking creep the entire time.

Umm... what? Please explain this to me, as I did not get this from their support at all.

Edit: Okay, I see stalking. Not really seeing the rapist part here.

He once wished all three series avatars to die in a car fire. Hyperbole isn't beyond him at all.

Anyways, I'm a bit surprised that this topic has had a resurgence. Though Forrest's popularity was a bit surprising, I'm not that shocked at Ophelia's firm hold on 3rd place. She's basically rule 63 Owain (who was already a love-or-hate character); I have a feeling the reason that she's only gotten two votes in the second part of the poll is due to the presence of even worse characters.

Huh. So I guess I'm one person out of... one when I say I adore Selkie and Female Kana.

I love Selkie and Kana too! I especially liked M Kana's and Selkie's supports and try to pair them together whenever I can. Selkie also has a really cute support with Velouria... and Shiro too.

Idk I just think Selkie's great.

So I'm reading Rhajat's supports and well... they're nothing like what I'd thought they'd be.

Rhajat is a social outcast. She doesn't know how to interact with people. This is the driving force behind many of her supports. Surprisingly, her obsession with Corrin is not mentioned very often. In fact it's really only mention in her supports with Male Kana (where Kana is the stalker ironically) and Asugi.

Her worst support is with Selkie. I just... why? Her supports with Ophelia aren't much better.

A common plot I saw in her supports is her trying to help people and people instantly assuming the worse. This is especially evident in her supports with her mother. Her supports with Kiragi are a case of starts of looking bad and then turns around. She realizes by herself that taking advantage of Kiragi's kindness is a bad thing and confesses this fact to him.

I honestly think people hate her because she's a rehash of Tharja and the fact that she's the only gay option.

I'll add more later. Unlike Soleil, it's hard to get a read on Rhajat.

Edit 1:

Rhajat: Ooh. Flowers that shade of black are extremely rare, and prized for their beauty. They represent death, destruction, despair, and many other terrible d-words. They say that none who gaze upon this flower will ever know joy again.

Kana(F): I love them! They reminded me of you, Mama!

Rhajat: ...

Kana(F): ...

Rhajat: That's the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me, Kana! Thank you!

This is beautiful.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

Favorite character? Soleil. She's so energetic and funny.

The character is written to be funny, to be so eccentric she does anything she wants. But she also have a golden heart so we can forgive her to be at some points too energetic.

Least favorite? Forrest. Why? because I have been trapped.

So I'm reading Rhajat's supports and well... they're nothing like what I'd thought they'd be.

Rhajat is a social outcast. She doesn't know how to interact with people. This is the driving force behind many of her supports. Surprisingly, her obsession with Corrin is not mentioned very often. In fact it's really only mention in her supports with Male Kana (where Kana is the stalker ironically) and Asugi.

Her worst support is with Selkie. I just... why? Her supports with Ophelia aren't much better.

A common plot I saw in her supports is her trying to help people and people instantly assuming the worse. This is especially evident in her supports with her mother. Her supports with Kiragi are a case of starts of looking bad and then turns around. She realizes by herself that taking advantage of Kiragi's kindness is a bad thing and confesses this fact to him.

I honestly think people hate her because she's a rehash of Tharja and the fact that she's the only gay option.

I'll add more later. Unlike Soleil, it's hard to get a read on Rhajat.

Edit 1:

Rhajat: Ooh. Flowers that shade of black are extremely rare, and prized for their beauty. They represent death, destruction, despair, and many other terrible d-words. They say that none who gaze upon this flower will ever know joy again.

Kana(F): I love them! They reminded me of you, Mama!

Rhajat: ...

Kana(F): ...

Rhajat: That's the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me, Kana! Thank you!

This is beautiful.

Yes to all of this.

I dont mind her supports with Selkie, because they showcase just how awkward she is with Selkie. She thinks kitsune are messengers of the gods, and she knows its BS the moment Selkie says "hey im not that thing, ok?" The reason Rhaj keeps the schtick is because shes goddamn awkward and wants a reason to talk to Selkie and has no real idea how to go about doing that normally. So she tries to keep bringing Selkie "offerings" but not because she still believes the messenger thing, but because she wants to be friends.

Her supports with Ophelia arent really bad at all. Its basically "you cant handle my darkness!" and her realizing she was misjudging and underestimating Ophelia. Her supports with Forrest also hammer in how awkward Rhajat is.

Since Asugi never exists on my runs, i havent seen her supports with him. Majority of the time i have Rhaj on my team, shes never ever talking about Corn.

Her supports with Ophelia arent really bad at all. Its basically "you cant handle my darkness!" and her realizing she was misjudging and underestimating Ophelia.

"My darkness was darker than yours!"

I like Ophelia best, primarily because I like Owain. There is some difference between them, as I feel Ophelia performs because she imitates her father, while he did it to cope, but the difference isn't enough for me to really say she's original. I just like her.

Soleil, on the other hand, hits all the wrong notes. Inigo wasn't so bad because he was always failing and everybody called him out on it, and because he knew when to get serious, much like Owain. There's nothing salvageable about Soleil in my eyes.

Rhajat (for being more than just a clone) and Kiragi (for that AMAZING Father support), shot up on my lists quite a bit.

Caeldori went down a little bit. She's not horrible to me, but she's like Baki without the depth.

I love Shiro, he's the type of guy I'd hang out with, he's just way more laid back than other characters and he's not overly serious and he's more human than a lot of other characters and I just love him, he's amazing as a character and a unit.

Would I be a bad person if I thought Ophelia and Soleil's b support was a bit funny?

But yeah, those supports as a whole were pretty awkward. Did she at least apologize later?

You know, while I do think that Soleil is a bit off the charts in the C and B, I actually thought that the body-switching was funny while it lasted.

It was also pretty dumb. Like, what was Ophelia even trying to do there?

You know, while I do think that Soleil is a bit off the charts in the C and B, I actually thought that the body-switching was funny while it lasted.

It was also pretty dumb. Like, what was Ophelia even trying to do there?

She said she would only switch them back if Soliel promises not to chase her anymore, but as you know it backfired....badly.

She said she would only switch them back if Soliel promises not to chase her anymore, but as you know it backfired....badly.

I know, but it was such a stupid plan, I'm surprised Ophelia thought it was going to work in the first place, since she had just as much to lose as Soleil should it backfire (which it did).

I guess desperate situations call for desperate measures.