The DanMan

240 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite 2nd Generation Character

2. 2. Least Favorite 2nd Generation Character

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, they will remove children from FE completely and get rid of dumb doodoo like the DeepBolic HyperRealm. Or, at least, have a logical reason for their inclusion.

Hopefully, they will create new characters for the next game and stop banking on nostalgia and fan-favorites to carry their cast of characters.

Hopefully, they will actually focus on creating a compelling story line that does not have plot holes, ass pulls and character inconsistency simply for the sake of having room to introduce a third path that ruins the entire theme and premise of the original two games.

Hopefully.

Pray for the reshuffling.

I wonder why the vote for least favorite for Soleil is high.

Have you tried reading the thread? A lot of people have explaned their reasoning.

I'm tempted to say this is sarcasm falling flat; per usual on the internet.

Anyways, I'm still kinda shocked that Forrest is neck-and-neck with Shiro; everything else is going about how I expected.

I like Dwyer; I dunno why, maybe its because he looks like L, but he seems pretty cool for some reason when you ignore his stoner voice.

Shiro's a close 2nd.

Soliel is scum. I don't see how anyone can like a character who outright sexually harasses her friends because she thinks they're cute. Plus the whole asking her mom out thing was the nail in the coffin. If she didn't have a Skill statue I would've left Inigo as a foreveralone.

Soliel is scum. I don't see how anyone can like a character who outright sexually harasses her friends because she thinks they're cute. Plus the whole asking her mom out thing was the nail in the coffin. If she didn't have a Skill statue I would've left Inigo as a foreveralone.

She has an amazing support with her dad. I paired her off with Shigure, and it's surprisingly cute.

If you want bad, go read what Nina does to Dwyer (which touches on the reasons why you don't like Soliel). There is no way in hell that would be acceptable if the genders were reversed.

I-I'm keeping her the hell away from Dwyer. Funny because I married her in Conquest and saw her in the hot springs regularly. Of course in that situation its ok, but they do need to draw the line with the gimmicks at some point.

I will admit to not seeing that many supports for Nina, only ones I've seen are Corrin, Shiro, Niles and Setsuna. She seemed pretty tame about her hobby for the most part.

I think Soliel is adorable, I'll give her that. I just feel that Heather from Radiant Dawn was handled better as a similar character.

I just realized that Shiro is basically Vaike.

Vaike was one of the least popular characters from Awakening so I wonder what was the X-factor that makes Shiro popular here?

It's because he lacks Vaike's ego and doesn't talk in the third person, at least for me.

Good thing she's not delicate.

Good thing there's a clear path. critical quote reference!

Maybe she'll be ready for the front lines once it's over.

You three doing the gods' work here. That made my day *thumbs up*

I just realized that Shiro is basically Vaike.

Vaike was one of the least popular characters from Awakening so I wonder what was the X-factor that makes Shiro popular here?

He cones off like Vaike, but feels more like a real person because hes missing Vaike's gimmicks. Vaike's ego and obtuseness made him unpopular. Shiro doesnt feel hella dense and full of himself.

I am ready to fisticuffs, brother!

COME AT ME SCRUBLORD I'M RIPPED

Ophelia. Look it up, it's fucking horrible and anybody who thinks it's a good support is objectively wrong.

MY OPINION IS FACT IT JUST OBJECTIVE FACT AND RIGHT AND IF U DISAGREE UR STUPID AND WRONG BC MY OPINION IS RIGHT

The B- and C- supports are indeed pretty shitty, Ophelia x Soleil A-rank is actually not that bad, it seems like a perfectly fine and rational conversation to have following Soleil's shitty behavior in the prior two. I'm not gonna pretend it completely makes up for the other two, but it's not that bad.

BUT I'M JUST OBJECTIVELY WRONG AREN'T I because opinions are in no way inherently subjective by the nature of what they are, right

It's fine if you don't like it, but rationalizing it by saying 'my opinion = fact' is about the most juvenile argument you can make

Edited by BANRYU

Again, we can try substituting Soleil with a man to check if it immediately would become inappropriate and/or offensive. So, stalking a girl until she's breaks down in tears would probably raise more than a few eyebrows if she were male, meaning that it shouldn't be accepted just because she's a woman.

MY OPINION IS FACT IT JUST OBJECTIVE FACT AND RIGHT AND IF U DISAGREE UR STUPID AND WRONG BC MY OPINION IS RIGHT

The B- and C- supports are indeed pretty shitty, Ophelia x Soleil A-rank is actually not that bad, it seems like a perfectly fine and rational conversation to have following Soleil's shitty behavior in the prior two. I'm not gonna pretend it completely makes up for the other two, but it's not that bad.

BUT I'M JUST OBJECTIVELY WRONG AREN'T I because opinions are in no way inherently subjective by the nature of what they are, right

It's fine if you don't like it, but rationalizing it by saying 'my opinion = fact' is about the most juvenile argument you can make

Okay, first of all, it's possible to point that out without being rude. Since you have chosen to do otherwise, you're gonna have to forgive me if I don't feel inclined to be very polite

Second of all, since 8th Grade English is apparently beyond you;

http://bfy.tw/932

Third of all, the C and B Support isn't just bad, it's literally sexual harassment played for laughs (because they're both girls! LOLkek!) and depending on how you interpret the B-support, what Soleil was going to do after the body-swap could possibly classify as rape (if you think she's gonna go rub one out as opposed to just 'admire' the body). The fact that Ophelia winds up driven to tears by the harassment makes it even worse, especially considering that she makes it clear in the C-Support that a) she isn't interested b) she's stated that she isn't interested multiple times in the past and c) that Soleil has ignored Ophelia and continued to flirt regardless of how upset/uncomfortable it makes her. This is easily a contender for one of, if not the worst supports in the entire franchise and while people can like it (that's their opinion), I'm gonna be wondering if they were reading the same support that I was.

Edited by Phillius

I-I'm keeping her the hell away from Dwyer. Funny because I married her in Conquest and saw her in the hot springs regularly. Of course in that situation its ok, but they do need to draw the line with the gimmicks at some point.

I will admit to not seeing that many supports for Nina, only ones I've seen are Corrin, Shiro, Niles and Setsuna. She seemed pretty tame about her hobby for the most part.

I think Soliel is adorable, I'll give her that. I just feel that Heather from Radiant Dawn was handled better as a similar character.

Any reason for that? Like, while I feel Soleil is a pretty damn terrible character, I don't feel like Heather was handled any better. While Soleil is basically I LOVE CUTE GIRLS THEY'RE SO CUTE GIMME THE VAGINA, Heather was pretty much just GIRLS ARE GOOD AND I LOVE THEM, MEN ARE BAD AND I HATE THEM

Any reason for that? Like, while I feel Soleil is a pretty damn terrible character, I don't feel like Heather was handled any better. While Soleil is basically I LOVE CUTE GIRLS THEY'RE SO CUTE GIMME THE VAGINA, Heather was pretty much just GIRLS ARE GOOD AND I LOVE THEM, MEN ARE BAD AND I HATE THEM

For starters, Heather doesn't sexually harass the other members of the army.

For starters, Heather doesn't sexually harass the other members of the army.

Well yeah, but I meant in terms of what's actually handled "better" rather than "they didn't fuck this up like they did with Soleil"

Soleil is undoubtedly worse, but that's largely because Fates... actually has support conversations. The only reason I can think of that Heather is better is because she has less dialogue. I meant to clarify that in my post but I... didn't.

It doesn't help that Soleil's other characteristics involve her lack of talent. She's bad at singing, dancing ,cooking, poetry etc. Not having talent isn't a negative character trait mind you but she's way out of he league with regards to the other girls in the army. If the writers focused on Soleil learning and gaining some value out of her relationships with women, maybe she would have been more palatable. As it stands, Soleil doesn't seem like she cares about improving herself as a person and only seeks out women for superficial reasons.