Is there a good/bad time to acquire your children units?

Shur Ree

Hello Serene Foresters!

So I have a question, When is the best time to go and do the Paralouges with the children units in FE Conquest / Birthright?

Since some children units are just Troubadours compared to some being wyvern riders, it seems hard to get certain units children farther in the game based off their classes.

Which are better to get early if that is a thing? Or is it best to just do all the Paralouges with them before the End Game Battles?

Thanks and have a great day.

Personally I would pick them up before enemies start promoting, especially Ignatius, Selkie, Sophie, Mitama, and Shiro...

Percy's paralogue is also really awful late. I found out the hard way and regret not getting him as soon as I had him available. Siegbert's paralogue is the worst but there's no way not doing him late. I've been trying to get him since around chapter 20-21 mark because that's around when he was born and I didn't figure it out until after 25.

Nina could be done late if you're good enough. I'd do Nina's late because she becomes a low-investment high return unit in terms of really useful skills she has access to for lategame Conquest, and her paralogue isn't really all that bad late unless for some odd reasons you banned Xander or something.

It also depends on what you want to do with the kid, though. If you have 1-2 rescue staves to spare or 2 strong galeforce fliers, Shiro's is the least worrisome of the harder child paralogues imo. If I had an extra save with shiro's paralogue, I'd do a step by step of my double gale no rescue strat for future reference.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Around 21 is best, at least for me on normal/casual, the offspring seals promote your kids to level 6 of their advanced class so they get their first skills already. In addition, there's less money to go around on conquest so it's good to get basically a free master seal.

I actually wondered the same thing, but I've always recruited them around Chapter 15 or as soon as I have all my S supports. The rest is training them or grinding with Boo Camp for gathering skills.

Edited by Quintessence

Here's an info dump I wrote a while back when I had the same questions.

Before Completing Chapter 18 (Save NPC's)

- Shiro

- Selkie

- Asugi (He and Forrest really depend on your speed of play, so if you know what your doing, you can move them down to manageable NPC Tier.)

- Ignatius

- Forrest

- Kana

Manageable NPC's (Join in locations where you can easily reach them before the enemies)

- Sophie

- Soleil

- Dwyer

- Hisame

Join as Controllable

- Midori

- Kiragi

- Caeldori

- Ophelia

- Siegbert

Standard Routes

- Shigure

- Mitama

- Rhajat

- Percy

- Velouria

- Nina

Now of course, there are some finer details to the actual Chapters (I find Mitama's to be awful late and will now always do it during the Chapter 18

group), but this is the simplest I could boil things down.

Edited by Avalanche

Around 21 is best, at least for me on normal/casual, the offspring seals promote your kids to level 6 of their advanced class so they get their first skills already. In addition, there's less money to go around on conquest so it's good to get basically a free master seal.

I disagree - I find most of them to be really effing awful once enemies start promoting...

- Shiro

- Selkie

- Asugi (He and Forrest really depend on your speed of play, so if you know what your doing, you can move them down to manageable NPC Tier.)

- Ignatius

- Forrest

- Kana

Manageable NPC's (Join in locations where you can easily reach them before the enemies)

- Sophie

- Soleil

- Dwyer

- Hisame

Join as Controllable

- Midori

- Kiragi

- Caeldori

- Ophelia

- Siegbert

Standard Routes

- Shigure

- Mitama

- Rhajat

- Percy

- Velouria

- Nina

I fail to see Sophie as belonging in Manageable NPC when she starts way on the other side of the map...

Hello Serene Foresters!

So I have a question, When is the best time to go and do the Paralouges with the children units in FE Conquest / Birthright?

Since some children units are just Troubadours compared to some being wyvern riders, it seems hard to get certain units children farther in the game based off their classes.

Which are better to get early if that is a thing? Or is it best to just do all the Paralouges with them before the End Game Battles?

Thanks and have a great day.

Always get dwyer early if you want him to be useful.

Ophelia is niceearly just for her inventory

Past that... get the kids whenever you like, the paralouges scale to you difficulty wise but none of the early kids are absurdly unfair.

Edited by joshcja

Shiro before 18 is highly improbable in nogrind Rev (if you dedicate 7 child paralogues to make sure he exists, sure) and probably only likely with corn parent in nogrind BR, mind. Ryoma's jointime makes getting him early with no grind limitations very unlikely so just learn the rescue strat.

I disagree - I find most of them to be really effing awful once enemies start promoting...

I fail to see Sophie as belonging in Manageable NPC when she starts way on the other side of the map...

I've never had any trouble getting Silas to her on Turn 2. Are you sure you're thinking of the right character? Sophie starts in the upper right and you start in the bottom right. With proper application of Azura's Song, you could probably recruit her on the first turn.

Also, Thor, that list is designed more for casual/first time playthroughs (which I can assume the op is on right now). I know that in "Efficient" play, Ryoma is very unlikely to be paired by 18.

Edited by Avalanche

I've never had any trouble getting Silas to her on Turn 2. Are you sure you're thinking of the right character? Sophie starts in the upper right and you start in the bottom right. With proper application of Azura's Song, you could probably recruit her on the first turn.

Also, Thor, that list is designed more for casual/first time playthroughs (which I can assume the op is on right now). I know that in "Efficient" play, Ryoma is very unlikely to be paired by 18.

Maybe? It's still gross af after chapter 18 though...

Were you trying to save the Villagers? If you were, I can totally see why her Paralogue would be a pain to do later. I honestly stopped caring when I realized the reward for saving them wasn't really worth it.

Were you trying to save the Villagers? If you were, I can totally see why her Paralogue would be a pain to do later. I honestly stopped caring when I realized the reward for saving them wasn't really worth it.

Yep. Anyways, I consider what good Offspring Seals would do to not be enough to be worth the headache.

- Shiro

- Selkie

- Ignatius

- Forrest

- Kana

What do you mean by "Save NPCs?"

What do you mean by "Save NPCs?"

He means that the kids have to survive the chapter in order to be recruited. In Shiro's and Selkie's cases, their fathers must talk to them. For Asugi, the chapter has to be beat before he escapes the map. Ignatius and Forrest must survive their chapters.

Edited by ChaosGallade

If you are doing a no grind / classic playthrough i recommend as early as possible.

If you are doing a grinding / normal playthrough, doesn't matter as much, but a few of them like Shiro's I suggest you do earlier unless you don't mind farming Rescue Staffs.

He means that the kids have to survive the chapter in order to be recruited. In Shiro's and Selkie's cases, their fathers must talk to them. For Asugi, the chapter has to be beat before he escapes the map. Ignatius and Forrest must survive their chapters.

Oh okay, makes sense why Shiro didn't recruit when I played his chapter haha. I did get Forrest at near endgame for his chapter it was quite easy imo :p

If you are doing a no grind / classic playthrough i recommend as early as possible.

If you are doing a grinding / normal playthrough, doesn't matter as much, but a few of them like Shiro's I suggest you do earlier unless you don't mind farming Rescue Staffs.

Also thank you specifically, for being like the only person with a Keaton with aptitude <3 you've made my day Zodiac!

Also gave you a accessory :3

Edited by Shur Ree

Also thank you specifically, for being like the only person with a Keaton with aptitude <3 you've made my day Zodiac!

Also gave you a accessory :3

I actually have Apt on all my characters in my Revelations playthrough, just tell me if there are any others that you need, I switch them out weekly.

I actually have Apt on all my characters in my Revelations playthrough, just tell me if there are any others that you need, I switch them out weekly.

Really? Could you put out a Jakob with Apt at some point? Hes one of the only units I dont have aptitude on yet!

I feel like there's kind of a sweet spot around Chapters 15-18 since that's around the time where your units start getting to a level where it's reasonable to promote them but before all of the enemies become promoted.