Replicate Limit?

Rezzy

Is there a limit to how many Replica units you can have on a map? I've now got it on most of my units, and I've noticed a couple maps now where it's grayed out and won't let me use it on a couple units.

Is there a limit to how many Replica units you can have on a map? I've now got it on most of my units, and I've noticed a couple maps now where it's grayed out and won't let me use it on a couple units.

Replicate has limitations. Each unit with Replicate can only use their Replicate skill once per battle. So the same unit can't use Replicate more than once per battle.

Replicate has limitations. Each unit with Replicate can only use their Replicate skill once per battle. So the same unit can't use Replicate more than once per battle.

I meant as in only 6 or 8 or 12 units could use it.

One map, Siegbert couldn't use it, another Caeldori couldn't.

I meant as in only 6 or 8 or 12 units could use it.

One map, Siegbert couldn't use it, another Caeldori couldn't.

Looking at Serenes Forest and any other site that details the information. Outside of what I already said, Replicate right now seems to only work for the original, Replicate Units can't use Replicate. Also, the originals need to have the skill equipped to use it. Replicate also functions like Rally Commands, using the skill on the original unit ends both the original and the replicate's turn respectfully. You can't use the skill on a unit if that unit has ended their turn. There shouldn't be a direct limit to how many original characters can use said skill per battle, just that each original character can only use their Replicate ability once per battle.

What 'maps' are you referring to? If those are Story Chapters such as the one in Revelations where you have to either defeat the boss or get all units to escape on time before the turn count runs out, those Dragon Vein are treated as 'Replicate everyone on your team' so you shouldn't be able to use Replicate after using any of those Dragon Veins in that particular chapter. Additionally, you can only use one of those Dragon Veins since using one causes the others to disappear.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Looking at Serenes Forest and any other site that details the information. Outside of what I already said, Replicate right now seems to only work for the original, Replicate Units can't use Replicate. Also, the originals need to have the skill equipped to use it. Replicate also functions like Rally Commands, using the skill on the original unit ends both the original and the replicate's turn respectfully. You can't use the skill on a unit if that unit has ended their turn. There shouldn't be a direct limit to how many original characters can use said skill per battle, just that each original character can only use their Replicate ability once per battle.

What 'maps' are you referring to? If those are Story Chapters such as the one in Revelations where you have to either defeat the boss or get all units to escape on time before the turn count runs out, those Dragon Vein are treated as 'Replicate everyone on your team' so you shouldn't be able to use Replicate after using any of those Dragon Veins in that particular chapter. Additionally, you can only use one of those Dragon Veins since using one causes the others to disappear.

In Siegbert's paralogue, he inherited the skill, but couldn't use it.

In Hisame's paralogue, neither he nor Caeldori could Replicate.

In both maps, I had multiple characters Replicate before these units were unable to use it.

In Siegbert's paralogue, he inherited the skill, but couldn't use it.

In Hisame's paralogue, neither he nor Caeldori could Replicate.

In both maps, I had multiple characters Replicate before these units were unable to use it.

The last part is a bit confusing on how you worded it. You had several other characters with Replicate (skill) that were unable to use it? The actual users (not the Replicates) should be able to use the skill unless they already did in which case they can't use it again for the rest of the battle (or if they return a turn later on Phoenix Mode). So far no NPC only enemies use the skill. Characters on other players streetpass teams can use the skill (needs verification) if they have it equipped on any of the units being used.

Looking at Hisame's paralogue, the deployment limit is 13 units. If every one of those units had Replicate, you could potentially have 26 units on the map! Fates probably has it so that your unit count cannot go beyond a certain limit, so if you Replicate a few units and reach that limit, the game prevents you from doing it any more. This is just a theory though, I don't know the particulars of it.

Edited by CallMeViggy

Looking at Hisame's paralogue, the deployment limit is 13 units. If every one of those units had Replicate, there would be 26 units on the map! Fates probably has it so that your unit count cannot go beyond a certain limit, so if you Replicate a few units and reach that limit, the game prevents you from doing it any more. This is just a theory though, I don't know the particulars of it.

That actually makes sense...except that Chapter 19 of Revelations does away with that limit in the storyline due to the use of the Dragon Veins.

I believe the deployment limit for playable characters in most chapters is 25. As mentioned above, Chapter 19!Revelations might be an exception to this, but I don't remember offhand how many units are allowed in that chapter. If you are already at the limit, the game won't let you make any more puppets. However, if you're at the limit and then you lose someone (at least in non-Phoenix modes), you should be able to make another puppet with a unit that hasn't yet made one.

I believe the deployment limit for playable characters in most chapters is 25. As mentioned above, Chapter 19!Revelations might be an exception to this, but I don't remember offhand how many units are allowed in that chapter. If you are already at the limit, the game won't let you make any more puppets. However, if you're at the limit and then you lose someone (at least in non-Phoenix modes), you should be able to make another puppet with a unit that hasn't yet made one.

Revelations Chapter 19 is exceptional in that even if you hit the max limit of units deployed at the start of the battle, the Dragon Vein you activate will automatically replicate all your units (that are alive at that point) and send those replicates to the other side of the map since you can't even have your own flyers get across the canyon. You can only use one Dragon Vein since using one will make the others disappear.