Those Live2D Animations

Alex95

...Or whatever they're called. The My Room animations that play when you talk to an ally. They seem off to me, as in, they just can't stand still! The characters are almost always bobbing their heads and looking around the room. It's like they're trying to avoid making eye contact with me Takumi. They also "jump" or are startled at odd points in the conversation, too, as it normally happens after the conversation (looking at you, Sakura. Er, no I'm over here.)

I certainly don't do this when I'm talking to people. Sure, I'm a little fidgety, but not to this extent! Anyone else find these animations strange to look at?

Yeah some of them have this problem. You know, having motion and movement is good, but there's a line that you shouldn't cross as a game designer or animator. Too much motion is distracting and even immersion breaking.

Have you ever played Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy? The very first Jak and Daxter game, it had this issue, even worse actually there's no specific movements or motions the character makes that draws attention to the player because all of them are constantly moving.

I'd like to see it toned down a bit in the next game, hell Naughty Dog toned it down for Jak 2 and it was ultimately for the better in my opinion.

So yeah, the My Room animations definitly look strange to me in that sense.

Edited by Rxmonste

I personally like them quite a bit but yeah some of their movements are a bit much..

Well, I'm not saying they're bad. I like them, too. The movements just seemed a little excessive.

I watched some characters in Youtube with the Japanese version and they are not as zoomed in as in the US version or is just my impression? You can barely see below someone's chest, while in the videos you could see their waist or even legs. They didn't appear to move that much as well.

Edited by Lanko