Something wrong with Genealogy ROM when running Nightmare?

N.G

It's a weird return topic, but just bear with me. (And if this is in the wrong section, please move it elsewhere)

Just zoom in on the image to check everything out. You can click on it to blow it up.

http://suicunerider.tumblr.com/image/142324415187

To quote myself:

"Does anyone know what’s going on with Nightmare? I can’t edit character classes, and these are just some examples of what happens with a default FE 4 rom.

Nightmare also refuses to save minor changes, and character growths, as well as stats and classes are either wiped clean, or completely different from their default (EX: Fin is a Mountain Thief at base in the module, Ayra, a Social Knight).

It never gave me this many problems when I used it two years ago. i just recently re-downloaded it to have a little fun with FE 4, and I have no idea what’s happening here."

I posted about it on my tumblr, but it seems like I'm not getting any leads there, even through a friend of mine who runs a primarily Jugdral focused blog. And the main Fire Emblem tag just swallows it up in a sea of Fates posts. If it's doing this with a clean Genealogy ROM, I'm absolutely stumped. Is there any way that I can fix all of this? Has this happened to anyone else running Genealogy on Nightmare, too?

I'm not 100% sure (i've had no trouble editing unit in the past), but the problem could be the rom you have. Try to see if you can find the .srm version of the rom. I'm not sure what you've edited, but some of the other numbers look kinda weird.

EDIT: typo, you have the .sfc, try to find the .srm.

Edited by General Horace

I'm not 100% sure (i've had no trouble editing unit in the past), but the problem could be the rom you have. Try to see if you can find the .srm version of the rom. I'm not sure what you've edited, but some of the other numbers look kinda weird.

I'll see if I can hunt it down. If I managed to edit anything at default, I probably wouldn't have made the topic in the first place. So I was shocked when I gave everyone's natural growths on Serenes' Genealogy page a once over and found that a lot of them were screwed over. Thanks for the advice.

Edit: Nevermind, you were right about the type of ROM. I found an .smc ROM and everything seems to be back in order.

Edited by N.G

OP, is your ROM headered? If it is/isn't, try removing/adding a header to see if that fixes the issue.

If you want to know if your rom is headered, open the ROM in a hex editor. if the first 0x200 bytes are mostly zero, it's headered.

...do you mean the smc? SRM is save data.