chapter 26 conquest

This level, while well designed is incredibly fucking annoying and I've been trying to clear it for about a week. How did you manage to get through it? Which side is the best to approach the main hallway from? Tips on taking care of both iago and hans?

I personally went with the right hallway. Since Xander and My Character were basically the tanks, I just put them on the front lines past the door that led to the main hallway where Hans would be waiting and then have my second best set of tanks behind My character and Xander (I think they were Keaton and Silas).

Annnnd everyone else follows at a safe distance.

Edited by carefreejules

This level, while well designed is incredibly fucking annoying and I've been trying to clear it for about a week. How did you manage to get through it? Which side is the best to approach the main hallway from? Tips on taking care of both iago and hans?

I took out both sides before moving onto the final hallway, so I could attack both sides on the same turn and try to take out as many enemies on Player phase as I could.

Don't forget your status staves. You are approaching the end of the game, so there is no reason not to burn them. Silence works nicely on the maids. Entraping Hans is also nice because he can screw you over with a crit.

I took on the right side. Kaze was able to solo all the Sorcs even after being Enfeebled and Frozen (on Lunatic too).

It helps to know that Iago uses his staves in order that they appear in his inventory. For example, the Hexing Rod is the fourth stave in his inventory, so he uses it every four turns.

I eliminated both sides, and here's what I did;

- I made first priority slaughtering all of the Heroes

- Moving to the right to slaughter all the Sages

- Brought up Xander to a corner tile right outside of the left exit to the room with the Sages (or Onmyoji's?) and he killed four units in that one tile area that enemies could reach

- I killed the units on the very left side

- Had sword users kill the Berserkers and killed them with other units, because I found Berserkers easier to deal with

- Tanked the Generals with Dragonstone+ Raven (Corrin technically) and Beruka hold the line against the Generals

- I had like a 35-36 Res/36 HP Nina, and Nina got a Seraph Robe and survived an Excalibur crit only to Crit Iago back and kill him

There was my full strategy. I had to do some stuff to lure out the monsters while making sure I didnt get killed by the stoneborn, like breaking the door with Xander, dancing Xander with Azura then using Silas to Shelter Azura (so he only takes like two attacks total that turn).

Also keep in mind that Iago's staffs are cycled, from the top staff to the bottom staff. You gotta make sure that you don't get Freeze'd when you need someone to move the very next turn.

Edited by Lord Raven

You don't need to separate your team, just group up and move one way. I also did the right side. Careful as there are maids in the bottom sides with an Entrap staff.

After taking care of the right side, you can either open the door and lure the enemies and keep backing away or sidetrack all the way to the left side (coming back from the right side). After taking care of that, leave a team on the left side door and then walk the other team to the right side. Then you can deal with them separately instead of a clusterfuck. Yea, it's a very long process, but depending on your team, might be the only way.

Also, beware that reinforcements will come from the south after a few turns you pulled those groups.

Hans can be Entrapped. This should make him easier.

I went the right because Kaze had too much res to give a fuck about sorcs ever. Then I had Leo@Nosferatu bait the generals (used a shot of silence for that turn) and kite them into the sorc room. I used attack stance to eliminate a number of them, before plugging the door with Corn (Master Ninja, Great Knight pairup, def tonic) and Xander (despite beastslayer, they can't kill him if I keep up staff support, he's buff enough they only do 26x1 ish from melee and basically nothing from range so he's still a safe tank---I used him over, say, Camilla, for the Berserkers that come later because they're honestly more threatening)

Camilla provided Rally Def every turn and Leo nuked from the back.

I had enough res on Kaze that even a crit from Iago would hardly dent him. I went with Corn because i ate a HP tonic and had 50 hp and an Iago crit does 48 damage to her so I'm like, hey, time for the special convo.

Edited by Thor Odinson

"Berserkers + Generals" is one group while "Hans + 2 Generals" is another.

When we are dealing with the former, Hans will do nothing but wait if we don't enter their ranges.

When we are dealing with the latter, we have 10+ units to kill only 3 enemies. Aurgelmir is range-1 only so Hans will still do nothing but wait for his death.

As Hans will always do nothing, a Entrap on him doesn't change anything.

Just don't be scared for so many enemies because they won't come together.

Edited by Tooru

Like others have said, the right side is preferable since the Sorcerers are much squishier than all the faceless and stoneborns. I usually camp all my units outside the sorc. room on one turn then have one unit open the door before sending everyone in and kill as many sorc. as possible. When that room is cleared, I entrap and kill Hans.

For the last room, I usually send Benny to open the door before having him walk back to the sorc room where he and Xander block the chokepoint. In an attempt to not get overhwelmed, I give both Xander and Benny a spear to allow them to allow two generals to get near them and act as buffers for the zerkers and more dangerous generals while Xander and Benny chuck spears over them on Player Phase. Benny didn't take any damage and Xander can survive a Beastkiller.

For the healers, it might be best not to leave them next to the two tanks since I had to restart because one of the buffer general moved just so a Spear wielding general could come and one-shot Elise. The best strategy to prevent this is to have Azura dance the healer so it can move to a safe location after they're done healing. (also, keeping Azura 2 space away from Xander is good for the passive regeneration)

wrt healers: I used physic (it's chapter 26, if you haven't used your physics it's time to use it now) and xander took concoctions out of corn's pocket. He doesn't have to hit things every turn--he doesn't even really do much damage until you get to the zerks anyway. Most of the damage on the generals are done by Leo.

Good luck with that. Thanks to the Throne and his high Res, even a good staff user is going to barely get better than a 50%.

Iago's pretty trivial once you learn his cycle tbf.

That said if you really want to silence him a maid/butler/sage corin holding gunther could probably hit like 80% on silence, it's mostly pointless and would eat both arms scrolls but taking out Hans and shutting down Iago turn 2 off a dance would be pretty amusing.

If you're using Ophelia, a couple of quick tips: Freeze or Enfeeble one or both of the Warding Blow Generals. Letting even one attack you at full strength will leave you in KO range of another General.

Second, you can get the Spy Shuriken without facing any of the Stoneborn or Faceless with a Pass unit after clearing out the main force + Iago. If you aren't using a character with access to Adventurer, try browsing a few castles for the skill or, in future runs, capture a Falcon Knight with Pass from 24 to ferry Locktouch user over to the chest. Then seize.

Only caveat with the Falcon Knight is that I don't know if the ones with Pass are Lunatic-exclusive...

Edited by Inference

I found it pretty effective to pour all my units down the left side with the Faceless and stuff. I'm pretty sure the enemy AI is triggered when doors are broken, so you should be able to hit it and retreat with shelter/azura/etc?

Iago was super annoying with his absurd crit rate omg, I can't imagine getting that to a safe level so I used Rally Resistance on my highest-resistance unit (Kaze) and paired him up and stuff so he could barely survive a critical and just put him there.

(EDIT: well okay Niles had higher resistance but for some reason Kaze took less damage idk)

Edited by 47948201

(EDIT: well okay Niles had higher resistance but for some reason Kaze took less damage idk)

Weapon triangle bonus helps. Niles with a Dual Bow might've had decent luck, as well.

My strategy was beat up starting room, beat up Faceless (Blessed Lance and the like), bait Hans and beat him up using a ninja with a Dual Shuriken + a finisher, beat up everyone else near Iago, beat up Iago so he'll stop the staff nonsense, then circle back for all the treasure and maybe beat up the sorcerers for extra experience.

In my last run, I had Kaze debuff with an Iron Shuriken, then finished him off with a very angry Velouria with a Dual Club. In this run, I'll probably rallyspam and murder Iago with crit-sacking Ophelia (who doesn't take much damage from mages anyway).

Yeah, tomes (along with swords and shuriken) are one of the weapon types where weapon proficiency and weapon triangle make a huge difference. Every rank from C onward is worth +1 Attack, so if Iago is at S, that's +4 for weapon proficiency. IIRC, S-rank WTA is worth 15 Hit and 2 Attack, so since Niles was fighting Iago at a WTD, Iago would have had his listed Attack +2. Conversely, Kaze using shuriken would have negated all 4 of that bonus from weapon proficiency and at Shuriken B or A, Kaze would have dropped that by another 1, or 2 if S. This creates a whopping potential 8-damage difference between Kaze and Niles fighting him.

You can entrap Hans, but I didn't need to do that to beat the chapter, I just killed him when I got to him. Iago never put me in such a bad situation because I had all of my units go through one side and kept the tankiest in the front (Xander, Silas, etc) And went through the side with the faceless. When you get to Iago and Hans it's pretty much a smooth ride until the end. Since you'll be surrounded by generals when you get to that side give armorslayers and hammers to your tanks, and have mages like Leo and Elise pick them off from a safe distance. Hell you can try Kaze with a Sting Shuriken but that won't be as effective as magic.

That's pretty much it, good luck!

(I found it a good idea to make sure my tanks for the general part (Xander and Benny, both in defense stance with Great Knights) weren't doing a ton of damage, to limit the number of enemies that could attack them, but that's because my magic units and stuff were strong enough to clean up so if yours aren't then yeah ignore me)