Disney joins the 3DS Themes!

Anacybele

That's right, Disney themes have been added to the 3DS theme shop! There are a total of four, including Mickey & Friends (in the classic Mickey style, btw), Stitch & Company, The Little Mermaid, and of course, Frozen.

I got the Frozen one since it became one of my favorite movies. :)

So all you Disney fanatics, buy buy buy! Who else hopes for more Disney themes to appear? I'd love to see Lion King, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, and Aladdin themes. Tangled would be neat too. As for the music that would play, perhaps these:

The Lion King: "I Just Can't Wait to be King"

Bambi: "Love is a Song"

Sleeping Beauty: "Once Upon a Dream"

Aladdin: "A Whole New World"

Tangled: Not sure... Maybe "I See the Light"?

I wonder how Stitch became so popular all of a sudden though. Lately out of nowhere, I'm seeing a lot of Stitch t-shirts and now this 3DS theme. I thought Lilo & Stitch was one of the more overlooked and underrated Disney movies. I thought it was pretty good, but it didn't become a fav.

Edited by Anacybele

Really? I knew Stitch had at least one sequel, but I didn't know the rest of that existed... And yeah, I forgot about Marvel and Star Wars, that's probably coming for sure.

These themes were released to coincide with the Japanese release of Disney Art Academy, I wouldn't expect another large wave of themes. Certainly not ones featuring Marvel and SW characters that aren't even in the game.

I'm a Disney geek too, it just happens that Frozen is the only one of my favs that has a theme so far. lol I do like Mickey Mouse and his gang a lot, but not so much the theme they got. I think it could've looked better. And I do prefer the more modern Mickey style a bit more over the classic style.

Edited by Anacybele

Let me know when Beauty and the Beast and Mulan get ones because those are my two favorite Disney titles.

Yes, B&B is awesome and Disney's best animated picture, by far.

I hope they make 3DS themes from that movie!

Edited by Leif

If they put Disney's Tsum Tsum...anything, on 3DS

I'm buying that faster than I bought the Fates special edition

Can we get Atlantis the lost empire and Treasure Planet themes? Two of my favorite movies of all time (even though im not a movie fan)... but I doubt that this would happen... one can dream I guess

I'm probably the only person that thinks Disney's best animated movie is a sequel (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride). :P But I'm also still in the majority that agrees that Disney sequels tend to not be as good as their predecessors. I just think there are a few gems among them anyway. Like The Lion King II, 102 Dalmatians (not to be confused with 101 Dalmatians 2), Lady and the Tramp II, The Return of Jafar (this one actually ranks high on my favorite Disney movie list too), and Aladdin and the King of Thieves. I long for the day Disney makes high quality sequels like these again!

In fact, the entire Aladdin trilogy is why I really want an Aladdin theme for the 3DS someday. At least one featuring the Genie, because Genie. It would be a nice homage to Robin Williams too, who was a big Zelda fan.

Edited by Anacybele

you might be surprised but.. I agree with the Lion King 2 movie, it was a nice sequel really... and it was a nice part of my childhood, I never watched any other sequel so I dont know.. although I heard that the other Aladdin movies are good... but god , I want another movie like Atlantis and Treasure Planet... its just... it was so beatiful it makes me sad....

Awesome, glad someone else agrees with me on Lion King II! ^^ I always felt it was underrated. I also really liked Atlantis (its sequel was okay too), but not Treasure Planet. Treasure Planet was just too weird to me.

I'd also love a 3DS theme for the Goofy movies. I forgot to mention An Extremely Goofy Movie was another gem sequel. Both are overlooked and underrated movies too, and I think they have some of the best songs in Disney history. "Eye to Eye" and "Stand Out" are amazing. And a Goofy Movie theme better play "Eye to Eye" because that one was the star of the music show for sure!

Edited by Anacybele

I never watched the Atlantis sequel... and I rather not try.. welp I hope it, along with Treasure Planet appear in KH 3 at the very least.. I would be one really happy berserker . w.

Also the Goofy movies, I just love them so much, even the sequel, they are just fun and nice to watch... I just feel like some of these movies get a bad rep more for others then the movies themselves, yeah alot of dvd sequels are bad but... come on... there are many that are just beatiful and deserve abit of love, also another underrated gem I remenbered a while ago along with TP was Brother Bear.... man I miss those beatiful movies... I have to watch these movies again sometime.. I hope I can find them in Netflix.

I wouldn't mind a Atlantis theme the movie deserves more recognition.

This is a long shot but I would love an Aristocats or Oliver and company theme.

If we could have some of the cartoon series I would love a Darkwing Duck theme or a Gargoyles theme

I don't hold out too much hope for my very favorite Disney movies getting their own themes, since I tend to reserve my most obsessive love for... like, the least-marketed/merchandise-laden movies. But since there is a good amount of Marie stuff, Aristocats isn't as much a longshot as, say, The Great Mouse Detective.

A Tsum Tsum theme I can see happening, with how big the whole Tsum Tsum craze is. The toys, some little animated bits that run between Disney Channel/Disney Junior programs, the app game... why not a 3DS theme? (and even if Aristocats or, like, Winnie the Pooh or whatever didn't get their own themes, they could show up as tsums)

Toy Story or Alice in Wonderland I wouldn't be surprised to see-- like, I'm surprised Bambi got a theme before those two.