Your Fire Emblem Fighting Game Roster

Rend Keaven

My favourite genre of video games is adventure and platforming games, however my favourite genre in terms of multiplayer is Racing and Fighting and I can't be the only one that wants a Fire Emblem inspired fighting game. Not only will it be a possible love letter to the series but it will allow the series to adapt outside of their comfort zone and enter new grounds in gameplay like Hyrule Warriors did for the Zelda series.

I thought of posting this for the folks who wants this to happen to share the roster they wish to see if a FE fighter was coming as well as other ideas such as gameplay mechanics and the fighter engine it will have (I would like my FE beat'em up to have the battle system similar to Soul Calibur, without the ring outs).

Below is the roster I would like to see in a FE fighting game, keep in mind you can post your's as the following are characters that I would like to see in the game:

Marth Jagen Cain* Abel* Shiida Ogma Nabarl Linde Merric Minerva Julian Tiki Medeus Roy Lilina Marcus Rutger Gonzales Murdock Zephiel Lyn Eliwood Hector Florina Matthew Raven Karel Nino Jaffar Eirika Ephraim Seth L'Arachel Joshua Innes Ike Boyd Elincia Nephenee Sothe Michaiah Chrom Robin Lissa Lucina Sumia Cordelia Tharja Corrin Xander Azura Ryoma Camilla Leo Takumi

Yeah, over 50 characters which I'm sure this is pretty much a likely number to have in fighters these days. I was going to add FE4 and 5 characters but I've never played them and I want to use these units before getting an idea of their fighting style.

* Cain and Abel have alts that are 3 other characters that serve as the red-green knight archetype. Cain has Kent, Kieran and Sully and Abel has Sain, Oscar and Stahl.

Edited by Kevlar

Honestly, I'd just like a Fire Emblem Warriors game. Given how well Zelda's holding up under the Dynasty Warriors play style, a Fire Emblem game, not unlike some of the more tactical entries of Dynasty Warriors would be great. Especially if they include the Avatar creation system and online co-op with friends.

This has been brought up several times before, both as a fighting game idea and a Warriors game idea, but there's no other active thread currently, so... :P

I'll divide my preferences up by continent.

Archanea

Marth

Caeda

Jagen

Cain

Abel (both him and Cain with the alts the OP suggested)

Valm/Valencia

Alm

Celica

Jugdral

Sigurd

Seliph

Deirdre

Finn (because he made the top ten in that one popularity poll)

Arvis

Julia

Julius

Elibe

Eliwood

Hector

Lyn

Kent (Cain alt)

Sain (Abel alt)

Florina (with her two sisters as alts)

Roy

Lilina

Zephiel

Magvel

Ephraim

Eirika

Seth

Franz

Lyon

Kyle (Abel alt)

Forde (Cain alt)

Tellius

Ike

Elincia

Soren

Titania

Ranulf

Black Knight (Zelgius as alt, obviously)

Ashnard

Micaiah

Sothe

Oscar (Abel alt)

Kieran (Cain alt)

Ylisse

Robin

Chrom

Frederick

Cordelia (with Sumia, Tana, and Marcia as alts)

Stahl (Abel alt)

Sully (Cain alt)

Validar (for some more villain representation)

Lucina (as much as I hate her, she's a face of Awakening)

Hoshido/Nohr

Corrin

Azura

Ryoma

Hinoka

Takumi

Xander

Camilla

Leo

Garon (again, more villain representation

I didn't include the younger sisters because they're not really fighters, even though they can promote to classes that can fight.

Edited by Anacybele

IGN said they wanted Ike as a FE rep in Soul Caliber, and I think he'd be a great fit given how strong he is.

I'd add the Lords/Main characters first: Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Michaiah, Elincia, Kris, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, and Corrin. Then I'd add the "archtypes": Cavaliers (on foot), Archers, Guards, etc. with alternate pallets being other characters, like the OP said.

Fire Emblem has a very large cast of characters, so not all of them can be in, obviously. But it'd be a good spin-off title, as FE doesn't have one of it's own.

I have thought about this exact topic long and hard, and I have come up with a reasonable, unbiased list of 20 central characters from the FE series who could each be made with their own unique fighting style reminiscent of Hyrule Warriors. My list is as follows:

Marth- The central character of the game (like Ryu in Street Fighter) and is the only character available from the start. He does more damage with the tip of his sword.

Caeda- The pegasus knight fighter. Can travel across the stage at great speed, and has a lot of range. Still retains weapon weaknesses. Can attack from a distance with her javelin.

Alm- Slower than Marth, but faster than Ike. Can also use axes and bows in some attacks.

Celica- The Anima magic fighter. Slow and can't take many hits, but has a wide attack range and many unique properties on her attacks.

Roy- Has a similar moveset to Marth, but can attack from a distance using waves of fire from his sword. Slightly better on the ground and worse in the air. Strike with the hilt for more damage.

Lyn- The fastest sword-wielding fighter with phenomenal range, but can't take a lot of hits or do much damage when attacking. Can also use bows in some attacks.

Hector- The axe-wielding fighter. Slower than the other fighters, but can take a beating and pack a serious punch when attacking. Can also use swords in some attacks.

Ephraim- The lance-wielding fighter. Has solid stats all around with virtually no weaknesses, but doesn't excel in one particular area. Can attack from a distance with his javelin.

Ike- Faster than Hector, but slower than Alm. Like Roy, he can attack from a distance with his sword and has fire properties on his attacks. Has great range. Can also use axes in some attacks.

Black Knight- Fights similar to Ike, but is much slower, and doesn't have a fire effect with his attacks. Has the highest HP in the game. Can also use lances in some attacks.

Ranulf- The Laguz fighter. Fights without weapons in Beast form. Hits very fast and can cover a lot of ground, but cannot strike from a distance. Can jump higher than any other fighter.

Micaiah- The Light magic fighter. Has lower HP than any other fighter, but can attack with the furthest range and move quicker than other magic users. She can recover HP with some attacks.

Sothe- The dagger-wielding fighter. The fastest fighter in the game. He can hit quickly and from a distance, but his range and HP are weak, and his attacks will need to combo to rack up damage.

Robin- Uses swords and magic in equal measure, allowing him to act on the weaknesses of his opponents and play tactically. However, his sword range is bad, and he moves somewhat slowly.

Chrom/Lucina- You can choose between which you want to use. They are able to get more consistent damage than Marth, but aren't quite as fast. Can also use lances in some attacks.

Corrin- The most technical fighter. He can attack using his sword and Dragon Fang for ranged attacks, but they have odd range set-ups and need to be executed properly to get good damage.

Ryoma- Slightly slower than Lyn, but can take more hits. He can attack from a distance using his katana, which have lightning effects.

Xander- The horse-mounted fighter. Retains weaknesses to beast weapons, but can take more hits than Shiida, as well as strike harder. Can attack from a distance with dark bolts of energy.

Takumi- The bow-wielding fighter. Has the furthest range in the game, but is useless up close. His attacks are fast and powerful, but his HP is lacking.

Leo- The Dark magic fighter. He can attack harder and take more hits than other magic users, but is much slower. Doesn't have a horse, he can a sword and recover HP with some attacks.

Well? What do you think? I personally think it works pretty well. If at all possible, I'd also like to see Tiki be put in as a DLC fighter. That'd be pretty cool.

(There is also a hidden fighter. If you enter in the code "My sword hand twitches!" into the Secret Code bar on the Extras screen, you will unlock Owain, the hidden secret fighter of yore. His attacks do 999,999 damage with each hit, instantly killing everything he touches. If you activate his ultimate attack, the game will crash and the screen will shatter from the sheer awesomeness.)

Edited by KoolioKenneth

IGN said they wanted Ike as a FE rep in Soul Caliber, and I think he'd be a great fit given how strong he is.

OMG I'D BUY THAT SC GAME JUST FOR THAT!! <3

Marth

Caeda

Navarre

Gordin

Ogma

Minerva

Gharnef

Hardin

Chrom

Robin

Lucina

Tharja

Gaius

Cordelia

Owain

Severa

Inigo

Corrin

Xander

Ryoma

Azura

Oboro

Leo

Bam. Draws from the most successful FEs and has the favorite characters from them.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

I highly disagree that the roster should draw only from the most successful games. You're ignoring that a lot of other series titles exist at all. And ignoring that despite his games not selling well, Ike is still popular in his own right because of Smash as well as his own games. Shit would hit the fan if an FE fighting game without him was made. Roy is in a similar situation.

Edited by Anacybele

Ike- Faster than Hector, but slower than Alm. Like Roy, he can attack from a distance with his sword and has fire properties on his attacks. Has great range. Can also use axes in some attacks.

(There is also a hidden fighter. If you enter in the code "My sword hand twitches!" into the Secret Code bar on the Extras screen, you will unlock Owain, the hidden secret fighter of yore. His attacks do 999,999 damage with each hit, instantly killing everything he touches. If you activate his ultimate attack, the game will crash and the screen will shatter from the sheer awesomeness.)

Um, Ragnell has Wind properties. Just FYI. EDIT: I guess he has some fire in RD, though...

And I love the Owain bit :P:

Edited by Power Master

I think it would be more important to make a roster with fighting styles in mind, rather than giving quotas per continent.

Sword

1. Marth
  2. Ogma
  3. Ayra
  4. Lyn
  5. Lucina
  6. Ryoma

Lance

1. Lorenz
  2. Camus
  3. Finn
  4. Ephraim
  5. Azura
  6. Tsubasa

Axe

1. Lex
  2. Gonzalez
  3. Hector
  4. Titania
  5. Basilio
  6. Camilla

Bow

1. Jeorge
  2. Briggid
  3. Innes
  4. Shinon
  5. Takumi
  6. Niles

Tome

1. Gharnef
  2. Llewyn
  3. Ishtar
  4. Arvis
  5. Micaiah
  6. Tharja

Other

1. Anna
  2. Tiki
  3. Lethe
  4. Corrin
  5. Jakob
  6. Kaze

I tried to be realistic in making my post and kept the character roster a bit smaller than most would prefer. Since this would be a new, stand-alone title, I'm sure the developers wouldn't have enough time to put that many characters in. After all, Hyrule Warriors original roster also had a somewhat limited number of playable characters, and Street Fighter 5 has even less. I look forward to getting some replies on what people think of my character line-up.

An FE fighter roster... That'd be a bit tricky, since there are so many choices... Can't possibly satisfy everyone, but here's my list (some more fleshed out than others):

First, the lords. One per game, except 11 and 12 because those were remakes (though Awakening gets two reps, because I wanted to include both of them... Hey, it's just a dream roster):

Marth: Because it'd be wrong not to include him.

Alm/Celica: Not sure which one of these two I'd put in (maybe both?), both could be something probably.

Sigurd/Celice: Because I'd like them in. Maybe with a thing where you pick Sigurd, and when you lose a round, Celice takes his place (and is pretty much the same, outside of appearance).

Leif/Leaf: Because why not? Some sort of, like, unmounted like a Prince, but has all the weapons like a Master Knight, sort of thing.

Roy: Primarily to include a lord from each game, plus he has a fire sword, which is cool visually.

Lyn/Hector: I'm honestly not sure which one of these two I'd include, they could both work. I'd prefer Lyn, personally. Mostly because she could have bows.

Eirika/Ephraim: Another maybe-both-but-not-sure thing here. Eirika could be nice, especially if she got stuff from Awakening's Bride class, but I'd go with Ephraim, primarily because a lance-fighting lord is unique.

Ike: No surprise here. Also, he gets to use Ragnell's sword-beam-projectile-thing he has in Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn/Fates but doesn't in Smash for some reason.

Micaiah: The Maiden of Dawn would bring light magic, possibly staves as a melee weapon (hey, it could happen in Radiant Dawn...), and maybe do something with Sacrifice.

Chrom & Robin: In the same character slot. Bringing some form of Awakening's Pair Up mechanic to a fighting game. You'd be able to switch between Chrom's more up-close swordfighting and Robin's ranged magical assault, and have the backup character pitch in occasionally.

Lucina: Somewhat like Chrom, but she drops Robin in favor of a more expanded moveset for herself (maybe have a bunch of the skills she could get from her non-Robin parents in Awakening for some of her moves?).

Corrin: Mostly to have every game get a lord rep. Still, taking some inspiration from Smash could give Corrin a powerful arsenal of shapeshifting attacks, and maybe have Draconic Hex worked in there somehow too...

And now, some other ones (WARNING: This may be biased a bit toward the GBA/GCN/Awakening/Fates games, because those are the ones I actually played):

Cain & Abel: Cavaliers need representation, and who better than the first pair (probably not as a team tho)? Make one a bit stronger and the other a bit faster, and have one be primarily swords and the other mainly lances, and they'd be goodish to go, I think. As a bonus, give them colors similar to other red/green cav pairs (Kent & Sain, Kieran & Oscar, Sully & Stahl, the other ones I'm forgetting...).

Titania: Could've been Jeigan, Marcus or Seth, but I went Titania so she could be further differentiated fom Cain & Abel by using axes. She'd be sort of a middle ground between them, albeit leaning a bit toward strong/slowness.

Gatrie: Because Knights need love too, and I remembered Gatrie first.

Navarre/Shanan/Joshua/Mia/Owain/Ryoma: Myrmidon representative. Couldn't decide on just one, though I'd probably go with Shanan if I had to choose.

Ogma/Dieck/Raven/Gerik/Gregor/Inigo/Selena: Mercenary rep. Any could work, though personally I'd go with Raven.

Nephenee: Soldier & lancer representative. Partially here because of personal bias.

Nino/Ross/Mozu: I dunno which one of these three I'd go with (though I will admit that I picked these three Est-esques out of the six I remembered because they always worked out well for me when I used them, unlike Amelia/Ewan/Donnel). Whichever of these three were to get in, they would start of as rather weak, but have some ability that would power them up permanently when used, and maybeeven be able to promote mid-battle.

Azura: Dancer rep. Mostly picked because she can fight back and has a lance. Maybe have her sing to debuff enemies?

Tiki: Manakete rep. Because dragon. Add Fae/Fa/FE6-Dragon-girl, Idoun, Myrrh, Nowi, Bantu, maybe also Ena/Kurthnaga colors.

Boyd/Nolan/Arthur: Fighter rep. Because axes need love too. Couldn't decide between these three.

Sety/Erk/Pent/Soren/Orochi/Hayato: Magic reps. Not sure how many of these I could add.

Canas/Pelleas/Tharja/Henry/Nyx: Dark magic reps. Again, not sure if more than one spot should go to this group.

Rolf/Shinon/Noire/Niles/Takumi: Archer reps. A more long-ranged style would be tricky to balance, but it kinda needs to be here.

Mist/Felicia/Jakob/Flora: Healer rep. I'd choose Mist, partially because she has a sword (Florete, for projectile stuff) as well as staves (Heal, sure, but also Silence/Sleep/Freeze/Enfeeble/Berserk (I know those last three weren't in FE9 or 10, but they'd be fun)), partially for personal bias. Felicia/Jakob/Flora could work too, though.

Matthew/Legault/Volke/Sothe/Niles: Thief rep. Not sure what they'd be able to steal, but they'd all get Lethality (except Niles, I suppose...). Yes, Niles is here too. He's kind of a thief-y type, isn't he?

Caeda/Florina/Tana/Marcia/Tanith/Elincia/Sumia/Cordelia: Pegasus Knight rep. Not sure who I'd go with on this one. Probably Caeda, no reason really.

Actually, I could maybe end up adding Elincia as just her own thing. She's kind of a lord, yeah?

Keaton/Kaden: Shapeshifter rep. Down to personal bias here, I just don't like Panne/Yarne as much as these two. Forgot this one originally, haha.

Altenna/Heath/Cormag/Glenn/Jill/Haar/Cherche/Gerome/Camilla/Beruka: Wyvern rider rep. Personally, I'd go with Camilla. Forgot this one initially as well, haha.

Hardin/Zephiel/Ashnard/Walhart: King-type representative. Not sure which I'd go with, to be honest.

Gharnef/Julius/Nergal/Lyon/Validar: Evil Sorceror-type rep. Not sure which one'd get the nod here, either.

Medeus/Formortiis/Ashera/Grima/Anankos: Giant Final Boss Thing. Not sure who I'd go with. Probably Grima though, if only to have a Robin-alike assistant you could beat up during the fight.

Yeah, I know Ashera wasn't giant like the others, I just couldn't find a better spot for her.

Abd finally (hopefully...)...

Anna: Anna representative. Uses Outlaw/Thief/Apothecary-type stuff, has some sort of money-making mechanic to power herself up with or something.

So, uh, yeah. That's who I'd add (not all of them, of course, though there are probably a few I forgot). Sorry about the length.

Honestly, I'd just like a Fire Emblem Warriors game. Given how well Zelda's holding up under the Dynasty Warriors play style, a Fire Emblem game, not unlike some of the more tactical entries of Dynasty Warriors would be great. Especially if they include the Avatar creation system and online co-op with friends.

Yeah, this would be neat too.

I say this as someone who's never played a Warriors game tho.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

I have thought about this exact topic long and hard, and I have come up with a reasonable, unbiased list of 20 central characters from the FE series who could each be made with their own unique fighting style reminiscent of Hyrule Warriors. My list is as follows:

Marth- The central character of the game (like Ryu in Street Fighter) and is the only character available from the start. He does more damage with the tip of his sword.

Caeda- The pegasus knight fighter. Can travel across the stage at great speed, and has a lot of range. Still retains weapon weaknesses. Can attack from a distance with her javelin.

Alm- Slower than Marth, but faster than Ike. Can also use axes and bows in some attacks.

Celica- The Anima magic fighter. Slow and can't take many hits, but has a wide attack range and many unique properties on her attacks.

Roy- Has a similar moveset to Marth, but can attack from a distance using waves of fire from his sword. Slightly better on the ground and worse in the air. Strike with the hilt for more damage.

Lyn- The fastest sword-wielding fighter with phenomenal range, but can't take a lot of hits or do much damage when attacking. Can also use bows in some attacks.

Hector- The axe-wielding fighter. Slower than the other fighters, but can take a beating and pack a serious punch when attacking. Can also use swords in some attacks.

Ephraim- The lance-wielding fighter. Has solid stats all around with virtually no weaknesses, but doesn't excel in one particular area. Can attack from a distance with his javelin.

Black Knight- Fights similar to Ike, but is much slower, and doesn't have a fire effect with his attacks. Has the highest HP in the game. Can also use lances in some attacks.

Ranulf- The Laguz fighter. Fights without weapons in Beast form. Hits very fast and can cover a lot of ground, but cannot strike from a distance. Can jump higher than any other fighter.

Micaiah- The Light magic fighter. Has lower HP than any other fighter, but can attack with the furthest range and move quicker than other magic users. She can recover HP with some attacks.

Sothe- The dagger-wielding fighter. The fastest fighter in the game. He can hit quickly and from a distance, but his range and HP are weak, and his attacks will need to combo to rack up damage.

Robin- Uses swords and magic in equal measure, allowing him to act on the weaknesses of his opponents and play tactically. However, his sword range is bad, and he moves somewhat slowly.

Chrom/Lucina- You can choose between which you want to use. They are able to get more consistent damage than Marth, but aren't quite as fast. Can also use lances in some attacks.

Corrin- The most technical fighter. He can attack using his sword and Dragon Fang for ranged attacks, but they have odd range set-ups and need to be executed properly to get good damage.

Ryoma- Slightly slower than Lyn, but can take more hits. He can attack from a distance using his katana, which have lightning effects.

Xander- The horse-mounted fighter. Retains weaknesses to beast weapons, but can take more hits than Shiida, as well as strike harder. Can attack from a distance with dark bolts of energy.

Takumi- The bow-wielding fighter. Has the furthest range in the game, but is useless up close. His attacks are fast and powerful, but his HP is lacking.

Leo- The Dark magic fighter. He can attack harder and take more hits than other magic users, but is much slower. Doesn't have a horse, he can a sword and recover HP with some attacks.

Well? What do you think?

I approve of this...all of it.

I added in the idea that Tiki should be a DLC fighter on my original post. I had forgotten about her as a possible character option. Also, shout-out to LordTaco42, a fellow Owain fan. You are awesome.

Well some of the characters that i would like to see in a fighting Fe game are not that "popular" but well here i go:

First i would like to see a variety of shapeshifters like Tiki, Nowi, Panne,Kaden and Keaton *especially Keaton* etc.

Marth, Ike and Micaiah, Sothe, Ephraim, Eirika, Roy, Eliwood,Hector, Lyn, Leif, Corrin, Robin, Chrom,Roy are some of the lords and main characters that come in mind, (idk about lucina, i feel she would be just a clone, also the lords of fe5 which i don't remember their names)

For side characters i can name a few but keep in mind that i have't played all FE games:

I would like to see Canas, Henry, Jakob, Cherche, Joshua, Titania, Frederick, Gaius, Emmeryn would be funny too, Felicia (as a Jakob alt) Artur and Arthur,Beruka, Nyx, Amelia, Saleh, Seth, Inigo, Owain, Brady, Myrrh

Obviusly i'm missing a lot.

For some of these characters to get a chance of being in the game they should add a support option so they appear and help the fighter

I would like to see the Hoshidan and Nohrian royal family (yes even Elise and Sakura punching stuff)

For Villians i can think of : Lyon, the dark knight, Gangrel, Zephiel, Garon

Well i think that's it but i'm not that good making rosters and i'm missing a lot of people oh well...

Edited by SoulSilver

Well some of the characters that i would like to see in a fighting Fe game are not that "popular" but well here i go:

First i would like to see a variety of shapeshifters like Tiki, Nowi, Panne,Kaden and Keaton *especially Keaton* etc.

Yeah, I'd like to see Keaton too, haha. Maybe also Kaden.

Marth, Ike and Micaiah, Sothe, Ephraim, Eirika, Roy, Eliwood,Hector, Lyn, Leif, Corrin, Robin, Chrom,Roy are some of the lords and main characters that come in mind, (idk about lucina, i feel she would be just a clone, also the lords of fe5 which i don't remember their names)

Wait

Sothe was a lord?

What?

Also, Lucina could probably be done without clone-y-ness.

For side characters i can name a few but keep in mind that i have't played all FE games:

I would like to see Canas, Henry, Jakob, Cherche, Joshua, Titania, Frederick, Gaius, Emmeryn would be funny too, Felicia (as a Jakob alt) Artur and Arthur,Beruka, Nyx, Amelia, Saleh, Seth, Inigo, Owain, Brady, Myrrh

Obviusly i'm missing a lot.

I like this list.

Except Emmeryn, that'd just be a bit too out of place.

But that's just me speaking personally.

Honestly, she probably would be funny, I just can't picture it is all.

For some of these characters to get a chance of being in the game they should add a support option so they appear and help the fighter

I would like to see the Hoshidan and Nohrian royal family (yes even Elise and Sakura punching stuff)

Yeah, that would be a GREAT way of getting more characters in.

Kinda like how Pokkén Tournament did it.

Dunno bout Sakura punching stuff tho (Elise would be fine, she practices punching in one of her supports so it's okay), she'd probably do better as a healer/magic-er/archer.

For Villians i can think of : Lyon, the dark knight, Gangrel, Zephiel, Garon

Well i think that's it but i'm not that good making rosters and i'm missing a lot of people oh well...

...By the dark knight, do you mean the Black Knight?

Because if so, I agree, he'd be a cool addition.

Other than that, I mostly agree.

And don't worry about forgetting stuff, I forgot to add Keaton and a wyvern rider (Camilla, most likely) to my post (and probably other stuff too).

On an unrelated note, I pretty much pictured this as Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but with Fire Emblem characters. Dunno why, that's just how it is for me, I suppose.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Yeah, I'd like to see Keaton too, haha. Maybe also Kaden.Wait

Sothe was a lord?

What?

Also, Lucina could probably be done without clone-y-ness.I like this list.

Except Emmeryn, that'd just be a bit too out of place.

But that's just me speaking personally.

Honestly, she probably would be funny, I just can't picture it is all.Yeah, that would be a GREAT way of getting more characters in.

Kinda like how Pokkén Tournament did it.

Dunno bout Sakura punching stuff tho (Elise would be fine, she practices punching in one of her supports so it's okay), she'd probably do better as a healer/magic-er/archer....By the dark knight, do you mean the Black Knight?

Because if so, I agree, he'd be a cool addition.

Other than that, I mostly agree.

And don't worry about forgetting stuff, I forgot to add Keaton and a wyvern rider (Camilla, most likely) to my post (and probably other stuff too).

On an unrelated note, I pretty much pictured this as Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but with Fire Emblem characters. Dunno why, that's just how it is for me, I suppose.

Ah no i meant Sothe as a main character, Also THE BLACK KNIGHT. Lol i totally blanked out there bc i forgot his name, but thanks for the feedback and for liking my roster haha also if the game turns out to be like Marvel vs Capcom 2 that would be pretty awesome.

Ah no i meant Sothe as a main character, Also THE BLACK KNIGHT. Lol i totally blanked out there bc i forgot his name, but thanks for the feedback and for liking my roster haha also if the game turns out to be like Marvel vs Capcom 2 that would be pretty awesome.

Ah, I see.

I just saw Sothe mentioned with like every FE lord and got a bit confused.

For some reason, I always picture every fighter I wish would happen as either Marvel vs Capcom 2 with different characters or Smash Bros with different (well, not entirely different, in this case) characters.

Even though Soul Calibur was mentioned in the OP, and it makes sense when I think about it.

Oh, and the new Fates DLC reminded me, I have to add Anna to my list. Dunno how I forgot that one.

1. Marth

2. Alm

3. Celica

4. Sigurd

5. Seliph

6. Lief

7. Roy

8. Eliwood

9. Hector

10. Lyn

11. Eirika

12. Ephraim

13. Ike

14. Micaiah

15. Chrom

16. Robin

17. Lucina

18. Kamui

19. Azura

Most Fighters don't have 50+ roster size.

Lords only is enough.

This topic is always fun to think about

Marth

Caeda

Tiki

Gharnef

Alm

Celica

Sigurd

Seliph

Leif

Finn

Roy

Zephiel

Eliwood

Lyn

Hector

Eirika

Ephraim

Lyon

Ike

Elincia

Black Knight

Ashnard

Micaiah

Chrom

Lucina

Robin

Kamui

Azura

Xander

Ryoma

Anna

31 characters is fair I think. Then add Camus, Minerva, Arvis, Soren, Titania, Owain/Odin, Camilla, Leo, and Takumi as free DLC.

Lemme grab the one I made months ago.

Marth [Falchion, Nagi Falchion]

Shiida [Wing Spear, Lady's Sword]

Minerva [Hautclere, Javelin]

Gharnef [imhullu, Swarm]

Camus[steel Sword, Gradivus]

Hardin [silver Sword, Gradivus]

Tiki [Divine Stone, Fire Stone]

Xane[Copy]

Alm [Falchion, Holy Bow]

Celicia [Holy Sword, Ragnarok]

Rudolf [steel Lance, Silver Axe]

Judah [summon, Death]

Sigurd [silver Sword, Tyfring]

Reptor [Levin Sword, Thor Hammer]

Alvis [FalaFlame,Meteor]

Levin[Wind, Forseti]

Seliph [silver Sword, Tyfring]

Yuria [Aura, Book of Naga]

Yurius [book of Loptosu, Meteor]

Shanan[steel Blade, Balmung]

Leif [Light Sword, Blaggi Sword]

Finn [Finn's Lance, Brave Lance]

Evyle [Flame Sword, Ichval]

Veld[Yotsmungand, Stone]

Roy [Rapier, Sword of Seals]

Lillina[Archfire, Foreblaze]

Zephiel [Eckesachs, Silver Sword]

Idoun [Apocalypse, Dragon Stone]

Eliwood [silver Lance, Durandal]

Hector [Wolf Beil, Armads]

Lyn [sol Katti, Murgleis]

Nergal [Ereshkigal, Fimbulveter]

Erikia [Rapier, Sieglinde]

Ephraim [Reginleif, Siegmund]

Lyon [Naglfar, Nosferatau]

Innes[silver Bow, Nidhogg]

Ike [Ragnel, Urvan]

Black Knight [Alondite, Wishblade]

Ranulf [Cat Claw,Rend]

Soren[Elwind, Rexcalibur]

Micaiah [Thani, Purge]

Sothe [Kard, Baselard]

Elincina[slim Sword, Amiti]

Sephiran [Creddyland, Rewarp]

Chrom [Exalted Falchion, Silver Lance]

Lucina [Parallel Falchoin, Nidhogg]

Robin [Thoron, Expire]

Walhart [Wolf Berg, Sol]

No Fates characters yet because well European localisation sucks.

I could never decide on a full roster(and definitely not their movesets; I applaud the creativity of those who can), but my dream FE fighting/Warriors game would have Marth, Caeda, Minerva, Celica, Ayra, Black Knight, and Tibarn. If I got those characters, I would be content with whomever else was included.

I would want a more ASW-like Fire Emblem game, in that the roster isn't crazy huge, but each character has their own nuances and quirks in battle. It would be difficult for the initial entry of a fighting game to have 50+ unique playable characters, that usually comes with age.

With this in mind, I'd put around 20 as a pretty reasonable roster size, possibly consisting of:

Marth

Caeda

Roy

Lyn

Seliph

Leif

Ike

Micaiah

Eirika

Ephraim

Alm

Celica

Robin (With gender swaps)

Corrin (Also with gender swaps)

Chrom

Azura

For some villainous represantation:

Gharnef

Lyon

Black Knight

Gheb Walhart, perhaps?

And the inevitable DLC characters:

Lucina

Tiki

Finn

Maybe a character from #FE, or if not, Hector

There we go, 24 characters in total, not counting any OC's they may decide to add for story purposes.

Well? What do you think? I personally think it works pretty well. If at all possible, I'd also like to see Tiki be put in as a DLC fighter. That'd be pretty cool.

Oh, and Anna. Anna would also be DLC, making 22 fighters in total. I'm sorry for those of you missing Eirika, but I felt that she might not be needed, due to there already being so many other sword fighters. Eirika didn't stand out to me as having an individually unique play style. Same thing goes for Elincia and the sisters from Fates, because there's already a flying fighter in the game.

Edited by KoolioKenneth

I'd like a game that plays like King of Fighters, complete with characters in sets of three:

- Marth, Caeda and Jagen

- Merric, Linde and Elice

- Palla, Catria and Est

- Alm, Celica and Mycen

- Sigurd, Quan and Ethlyn

- Seliph, Julia and Oifaye

- Leif, Nanna and Finn

- Roy, Lilina and Wolt

- Eliwood, Lyn and Hector

- Eirika, Ephraim and Seth

- Ike, Soren and Ranulf

- Elincia, Geoffrey and Lucia