Is there a point in using Beruka when you can use Camilla?

GuiltyLove

Another flier. Another mounted unit. Another unit that gives +1 mov on pair-up (post-promo). A very bulky unit. A unit that isn't weak to Beastbane for chapter 19. Has Lunge and could learn Rally Defence somewhere along the line.

She's very useful.

The thing with Fire Emblem is that generally speaking Flying and Mounted is better than Foot unit

Beruka's speed is kinda eh but everything about her is pretty solid, and she comes with Selena support that make it easier to use her

Also being a natural fighter is nice because Fighter PU bonus is amazing

Edited by JSND

Her support convos are pretty good.

She can swap out to 'zerker, and she's quite scary as one, especially after several levels in Wyvern Lord. Keep her away from magical attacks, and she'll do just fine.

Oh, and Hand Axes + Lunge = shenanigans through walls.

Espinosa pretty much said everything I'd have said. Also, while Camilla may be better, she can't be everywhere at once.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

On average, Beruka and Camilla have pretty similar defences at equivalent levels (i.e. Camilla is 5 higher raw) in the same class, while Camilla has far more str/spd, so yeah she is all but strictly better. (Beruka does have a bit more skill.)

That said I think Espinosa's post covers it well. Beruka doesn't have to be better than Camilla, she just needs to be better than your 13th best unit (or wherever the cutoff is) and she certainly very easily can be; she's very useful. Plus, hey, Camilla would really like Fighter access, and while she has a few ways to get it, Beruka is by far the fastest.

Another flier. Another mounted unit. Another unit that gives +1 mov on pair-up (post-promo). A very bulky unit. A unit that isn't weak to Beastbane for chapter 19. Has Lunge and could learn Rally Defence somewhere along the line.

She's very useful.

To add to this, shes another good vs Ninja unit, because of the weapon triangle, thats always a plus on Conquest

Even though she's def no Camilla, I think Beruka is pretty good.

In my experience, she works best as almost like a pseudo-berserker crit machine given her high Skill; give her a weapon with high crit rate like Killer Axe / Beruka's Axe / Great Club and she can land crits surprisingly consistently. She also uses Ryoma's Club pretty well thanks to her high skill and Def so she doesn't always have to worry about being doubled with the weapons that slow her down, either OHKOing or being able to tank light hits.