Ever heard of Pokemon: Conquest?

lovebright4

I just finished this game... and i'm laughing so hard right now! I wish I was kidding! besides the similar name the game also has wayyy too many similarities to fire emblem. you play as a "warlord" who controls a pokemon thingy in fields resembling fire emblem, along with your allies, who you happen to control. As the story goes on, you recruit unique characters with different pokemon and skills. You can change peoples default pokemon to ones they happen to have an affinity to (somewhat like emblem). The gameplay on the battlefield is fairly similar, only with one attack and no changeable weapons. there are some walkthroughs of it on youtube.post-18989-0-88126000-1460212939_thumb.jpg

Do we have a Pokemon: Birthright where it's Pokemon controlling humans and humans fight each other?

Jokes aside it's a really fun game, that I enjoy playing due to it being like Fire Emblem/Advance Wars mix. It was like a tactical Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon with less exploring.

I hope they do a lot with a second installment.

Really, really fun, and really really good!

I finished all the stories and evolved all of the Warlords as well.

I would love a sequel!

However this game was also the reason there wasn't a PokemonxFire Emblem crossover.

IS did thought about making a crossover, but saw this game and gave up on it.

I started it but didn't get very far, though less because of difficulty and more because I forgot it existed. I'll pick it back up eventually, but if it becomes a grind-heavy game I'll put it right back down. Or just complete the main game if it's only extra stuff that requires the grind.

Oh yes, Pokémon Conquest. Fun game with a very interesting premise. I'd wish there was another game. To include more Sengoku Jidai characters... or heck, do one but with Romance of the Three Kingdoms now. Would be quite something...

I bought it I thought it was okay, I also thought it had so much promise to be a much better game if they would just let Pokemon learn moves (as they level up rather then just when they evolve) and let them have more then one flecthing move! I would be happy to buy a sequel if they add more move slots...

Edited by Locke087

• 3 weeks later...

They used the samurai warriors characters for pokemon conquest, but I wasn't prepared for them since I hadn't played warriors orochi yet, just the main dynasty warriors.

I played it and got all the evolved warlords except for two that required "swarm" Pokémon (I think zorua, and gabite).

Beating the main story and side stories isn't very grind heavy. Getting the supports up, especially with the generic characters is a lot rougher, especially the ones with stuff like larvesta/larvitar, since you have to take the time to evolve them and they're pretty terrible in their first form.

A lot of characters are more functional with their 90% pokemon anyway. Who would want a wigglytuff over a dragonite or snorlax?

It's not a very deep game, but the intentionally gimmicky maps help keep things interesting. The main story is actually kind of boring, since you don't get to see the chaos of the 16 AIs fighting each other. Sometimes hilarious things happen if you wait in your own territory (although the steel and ground kingdoms are the typical winner).

The downside is that their is like 18 stories, but they all have basically the same gameplay.

Edited by Reality

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished this game... and i'm laughing so hard right now! I wish I was kidding! besides the similar name the game also has wayyy too many similarities to fire emblem. you play as a "warlord" who controls a pokemon thingy in fields resembling fire emblem, along with your allies, who you happen to control. As the story goes on, you recruit unique characters with different pokemon and skills. You can change peoples default pokemon to ones they happen to have an affinity to (somewhat like emblem). The gameplay on the battlefield is fairly similar, only with one attack and no changeable weapons. there are some walkthroughs of it on youtube.

Similar name is not a reason for this to be laughable. PKMN Conquest was released long before Fates was even conceived, so if anything ripped the name, it would have been FE, but just how generic is the term "Conquest" when referring to fantasy of this kind? Extremely, so pointing out that similarity is . . . well, unfounded. And that aside, FE is just one of many kinds of Tactical RPGs, all of which have some things in common, so why does Pokemon having a game of this genre, made when GF crossed its series with another company who specialized in games like these, bring mockery?

I personally enjoyed the game, and thought it was a stroke of genius. Not perfect, but fun, nonetheless.