Corrin's retainers!

Kaze-Kaze

I know this might sound silly but I don't think there not any point in the main story that we learn that the twins are hostages.

I know. That is my slight beef with their "backstory".

It is obvious--at least to me--that Flora and Felicia are political hostages. Why else would they be in Nohr? As a show of good faith? Their father offered his two children, one of which was slated to become clan leader, to be servants? It would have made more sense if Flora or Felicia married one of the princes for some alliance but they did not go that route.

Oh well. I still like Flora, though. Felicia, though... >:X

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you attack Flora with Jakob, you might get something? But then again, I've never actually attacked Flora with Jakob so take this with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately, this is what we get:

''I know the difficulty of your situation, but that doesn't excuse your actions.''

He's talking about the rebellion. Then, you got the ''love story'' (which I don't buy at all).

Edit: I was wrong, Flora mentionned that they were a little more than hostages which is kinda weird.

I know. That is my slight beef with their "backstory".

It is obvious--at least to me--that Flora and Felicia are political hostages. Why else would they be in Nohr? As a show of good faith? Their father offered his two children, one of which was slated to become clan leader, to be servants? It would have made more sense if Flora or Felicia married one of the princes for some alliance but they did not go that route.

Oh well. I still like Flora, though. Felicia, though... >:X

This is what I believe:

They are NOT political hostages...

they are SPIES.

I'm making a thread about this because I believe we'll go too far on this thread if we keep talking about this.

Edited by Nym

Unfortunately, this is what we get:

He's talking about the rebellion. Then, you got the ''love story'' (which I don't buy at all).

Edit: I was wrong, Flora mentionned that they were a little more than hostages which is kinda weird.

This is what I believe:

They are NOT political hostages...

they are SPIES.

I'm making a thread about this because I believe we'll go too far on this thread if we keep talking about this.

That would be an interesting read.

I see how they could be spies. Oooh, the headcanon bunnies are running rampant.... XD

Okay, I won't talk about it anymore on this thread.

At any rate, it would have benefited them both had the game actually had proper world-building and delved into their lives in Nohr. I would have accepted Felicia's point of view had I been given a reason and explanation for it other than Felicia apparently being okay with being a hostage, for some inexplicable reason.

This. I wish Fates had much more world building. Certain aspects of Fates have me invested to the point that I've started world building myself and wanting to make a separate topic just for it XD

I love Fates, but but it has the worst world building of any Fire Emblem game. We know a bit about Nohr and Hoshido, but nothing about the rest of the "countries". Is the Ice Tribe its own country, or just a part of Nohr? Nestra is allegedly this independent nation, but we never even meet its leader. Do they even have a name? I don't even know if it's led by a king, queen, duke, or committee of ducks!

Why? Also, I would like to know where it says that. Adding to that, does Flora know she is a prisoner? Because she seems to know something is up.

How would Flora know, but not Felicia? I'm confused. Aren't they twins, and if Flora's old enough to remember, shouldn't Felicia?

[spoiler=Flora vs Felicia, Chapter 8 Nohr]Flora: "Felicia, my foolish sister. Did you really think this rebellion could be solved by a few pretty words?"

Felicia: "I'm no fool, Flora! You're the one who wants to fight without hearing us out! That in itself is a betrayal of pride and morality our tribe holds so dear!"

Flora: "You really don't understand, do you? This goes beyond words. Don't you realize, all of our time in that castle was... I mean, it was just...

Felicia: "What are you saying sister?"

Flora: "Forget it, there's no point telling you now, after all that's happened. Let's get on with it. You may be my sister, but I won't go easy on you!"

Basically the implication is that Flora knew, but deliberately kept Felicia in the dark about being a hostage, and shouldered the burden of that knowledge alone in an attempt to protect her sister.

[spoiler=Flora vs Felicia, Chapter 8 Nohr]Flora: "Felicia, my foolish sister. Did you really think this rebellion could be solved by a few pretty words?"

Felicia: "I'm no fool, Flora! You're the one who wants to fight without hearing us out! That in itself is a betrayal of pride and morality our tribe holds so dear!"

Flora: "You really don't understand, do you? This goes beyond words. Don't you realize, all of our time in that castle was... I mean, it was just...

Felicia: "What are you saying sister?"

Flora: "Forget it, there's no point telling you now, after all that's happened. Let's get on with it. You may be my sister, but I won't go easy on you!"

Basically the implication is that Flora knew, but deliberately kept Felicia in the dark about being a hostage, and shouldered the burden of that knowledge alone in an attempt to protect her sister.

Yeah, I think that conversation with Niles might have been an oversight of the developers.

Another interesting thing is that Flora's and Felicia's father, Kilme, is know for showing favoritism towards Felicia.

Maybe because he favors Felicia, he might have chosen not to tell Felicia the truth, and placed the burden only on Flora.

I wouldn't say that the conversation with Niles was an oversight, it's just ambiguous and open for interpretation. It can easily be construed as Felicia being too ignorant and Niles not really fully understanding her situation.

I would put Kaze and Silas as his two official retainers. Notice with the retainers that they are all combatants of some kind, and almost like bodyguard/underlings(for lack of a better word) to the Royals. Felicia, Jakob, and Flora all are combatants, but at the same time also fill another role which is personal servants, which is something that none of the other retainers do. Gunter while also a combatant, is also the mentor to Corrin and can be considered his personal trainer more than anything. Which is a role none of the other retainers fill as well. Kaze and Silas though are straight forward. Just like the other retainers they are bodyguards, and can be sent out on personal missions. So out of all the possible retainers, I would consider Kaze and Silas his two official retainers, with the other characters filling other roles first.

Edited by Tolvir

The other royals probably have a lot more retainers as well, we only see most of Corrin's retainers because he is the main character.

Also, Azura doesn't have any retainers because no matter how much the Hoshidan Royals treat her as family, she still is a war prisioner.

It would be weird for a war prisioner to have retainers.

Actually, she was treated as family and had the same rights as them.

Azura could have had retainers however the rule states that the Royal must choose their retainers. As Azura was very anti-social she never chose any thus she has none.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Actually, she was treated as family and had the same rights as them.

Azura could have had retainers however the rule states that the Royal must choose their retainers. As Azura was very anti-social she never chose any thus she has none.

Where does it say that Azura has the same rights as them?

As far as I know, Azura is despised by many Hoshidans, and some don't trust her.

They even send assasins to kill her!

Giving retainers to someone so widely disilked by people of court would obviously cause problems for Mikoto and Ryoma.

Officially it's Jakob, Felicia, Flora (Conquest/Revelation only), Kaze (A Support), and Gunter (Conquest/Revelation only). I'd assume Mikoto's retainers Orochi and Reina would also go to you by inheritance, as well as Yukimura.