Best wife for Ryoma ? (Birthright)

Gaheris Black

Topic ^^

I intended to pair Ryoma with Hana, but you know how Hana is (one hit KO), and I'm afraid it'll reduct Shiro's ability to tank...

Kagero seems to be a good choice, but I was thinking of going for Saizo+Kagero;

Mozu = Aptitude = OP, but I was thinking of Aptitude Midori;

Halp!

Well if you just want to put some meat on Shinonome's already muscular, manly features, then Rinkah, Oboro and Camilla give the highest defense growth, I believe.

I rather like pairing Ryouma with Rinkah for extra crit, but my best Shinonome ever was Mozume!Shinonome with Aegis from Ryouma's A+ rank with Xander, and Pavise from Mozume's A+ rank with Effie. It was glorious.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, April 14, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, April 14, 2016 - No reason given

Well, in my experience of listing pairings for other people, Oboro comes out on top, growth wise. However, Takoboro fans would protest.

Rnkah. Especially if you never use her for anything but a Ryoma pair-up bot; that way, his personal skill is pretty much permanently active, while getting extra bulk from the pair-up.

Edited by The DanMan

Oboro because not only does she give solid mods to Shiro, but she makes a reasonable mother-son pairing as Oboro!Shiro imo.

Also, I'm not really a big fan of Takumi x Oboro, so don't get the wrong impression or anything... <_<

Edited by Formerly Colm

Rinkah!Shiro's stats still end up mostly in the 30s anyway aka higher than anything you ever need for the main game and is tank as fuck. Ryoma enjoys her bonuses and skills from both Chieftain and Blacksmith. The support is good.

Revelation!Rinkah on Ryoma though oh man

Berserker!Rinkah on Ryoma is hilarious he's running around with 40s in str/spd it's really funny

Edited by Thor Odinson

As hard as I wish Scarlet!Ryoma was a thing, it isn't... :(

Considering Hana, Rinkah, Mozu, Oboro, and Kagero:

-->Kagero!Shiro has the best HP, Str and Res growths, with decent growths all around except for Skill (37% whereas Shiro's base is 40% and Ryoma's is 50%) which is kind of saddening.

-->Oboro doesn't seem to be the optimal mother for Shiro, as she merely gives him HP and Def (...and I prefer going for Takumi+Oboro ^^)

-->Hana gives the best Spd, and great Skl, but drops Shiro's Def (33% :/ )

-->Rinkah gives him the worst HP and Str growths out of the lot, but the best Skl and Def, so my opinion on her is kind of shared (plus I intended to give her to Hinata)

-->Mozu seems to be the best out of the lot even without Aptitude (on par with Rinkah's Skl, Kagero's HP, Hana's Spd, and gives the best luck growth), but Mozu!Ryoma means no MLG Midori...

As some pointed out, Rinkah!Shiro's stats are pretty high despite all, but as Thane said, Mozu!Shiro appears to be the best Shiro.

I might just choose one wife for each playthrough though...

I prefer Mozu!Shiro. She seems to give him balanced stats, along with passing down Aptitude. The Shiro I had with her was an absolute beast as a Spear Master. Oboro appears to give him similarly balanced stats but I tend to give Oboro to someone else who needs her.

It generally depends on what classes you want Ryoma to have access to, though. I think Mozu gives him Archer? I prefer the class Rinka gives but I usually just end up putting him back as a Swordsmaster and buying the skills that I want on him, anyways.

FeMU, Kagero, and Rinkah are good choices to be Shiro's mama. Mozu and Oboro aren't a bad choice.

If you have revelations, Camilla is by far the best choice in terms of support conversations though.

I think Mozu passing down Aptitude is not relevant when you can buy the skill, especially in Birthright since the game basically throws gold at your units.

The thing about Rinkah is altough she does not give the best Shiro it is one of the best if not the best pair up for Ryoma(in Revelations Rinkah is the best without doubt,here is not that godly because she cannot be a Zerk.) , also Rinkah!Shiro turns into a pretty great tank for ingame, I used to do Kagero x Ryoma but Shiro just turns into a slightly weaker Ryoma without Raijinto.

Well, in my experience of listing pairings for other people, Oboro comes out on top, growth wise. However, Takoboro fans would protest.

I found him guys. Burn the Heathen!

I personally paired him up with Oni Chieftain!Rinka for the strength gains.

Edited by lucisferre

Kagero is the canon, Hana would kinda be redundant since they're both samurai, and I don't exactly like the idea of white-haired Shiro. Aptitude would work on just about any unit, but I know you can buy it for any second-generation unit legit. It really comes down to what other class you want Shiro to be. During my Casual run I went with Hana!Shiro and gave him Great Master class, but I'm not sure if parents affect that class change since I used the Offspring Seal. I think you can pair Ryoma with Setsuna and dominate the weapon triangle, but the same can be achieved if you had MoA!Hana as his spouse. You can also A+ Shiro with Hisame for MoA class if you wanted. Orochi would possibly be a choice, and she would boost Shiro's Mag stat for if you wanted GMaster class. She also opens up the choice to make Shiro into a Basara class.

TL;DR: I'd go with Orochi for her Diviner classes and Mag.

Scarlet.

But since that's impossible it doesn't really matter. Besides Shiro shouldn't be anywhere besides the BENCH.

That said if you really want to use Shiro think of a plan that accents what you want from him. If you want him to be tanky find someone with defense and such. That said most likely you probably won't screw him up too hard no matter who you pick so if other pairings matter it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

@Goomy - there is no set Canon

Shiro and Hisame get MoA naturally

And Orochi kills Shiro's good SPD but otherwise it's OK.

Edited by Jakkun